1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Private threads/Personal Journals.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abysmal Vapor, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/private-threads.5856/
    I saw on some other forums based on xenforo that they have private threads. I have no intention of undermining community spirit and i know the forum owner is away and wont be easy.
    I also personally would have little to no use of such feature but i just imagined it could be useful for some people.
    For example there can be beta threads for units,where a vape maker communicates with his beta team and doesnt feel ok sharing the process with the public at the current point.
    I know that this can be pretty much covered by PMs/Multi user conversations or other communication platforms,but it can be useful also in other ways.
    If one wants to start/keep a development thread/journal for his product ,which he might or might not share or make public at some point. It might also serve as a proof of concept if need or something like that. I admit i am not really sober now but it would be cool if FC could facilitate such delevopment journals, who would be either private or personal.
    Cheers :D..

His_Highness, -dab8- and Summer like this.
  2. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

As I never tried to do it personally, I don't believe someone can send a pm to more than 1 person at a time so, if I'm correct, right now you have the hinderance & tediousness of a burdensome communications platform.

His_Highness likes this.
  3. -dab8-

-dab8- Dyna-saur

There is an option to add other people to a conversation, so it looks like PM’s can include multiple parties?

4. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Yes, but only for the mods. I'm not sure why that feature is visible for everyone. @vtac was probably high when setting it up. :lol:

:peace:

His_Highness, Summer and -dab8- like this.
  5. -dab8-

-dab8- Dyna-saur

Ahhhhh interesting. Lolol.

6. ClearBlueLou

ClearBlueLou unbearably light in the being....

Is the word on him ‘no idea’ still?

gunmetalshark likes this.
  7. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Well that's two words, but yeah.

:peace:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors