Printing with hemp filament

tepictoton

Did you know this existed?

I supported an indiegogo project one year ago and received one roll of filament made from hemp.

Fortunately I have a friend who is into 3d printing and I send him the spool.

It took him some time, searching for right nossle head, temperature and speed for printing, but he finally found the sweet spot!!!

So here is what he is sending me...

1zc2y5y.jpg

Really loving this, wonder what possibilities lie ahead...

The little box in the middle opens up so it is like a little stash box.

He also printed a voronoi skull, I will upload pictures of it when they arrive (takes some time, need to be shipped from Belgium to Spain).

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Those are awesome man!

@Ratchett you gotta see this!

Lol, I've seen this material when it first hit the market on kickstarter, I'm happy to see them release a finished product.

I'll have to get a roll of it and try it out. If I like how the material flows, I'd love to add it to my store's collection of "color options" for 3D printed items :rockon:

tepictoton

Some tips from my friend...

He had trouble using 0,4 nozzle, when switching to 0.5 or 0.6 nozzle things went smooth....

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Some tips from my friend...

He had trouble using 0,4 nozzle, when switching to 0.5 or 0.6 nozzle things went smooth....

Damn, all my printers and printable files are configured to use a 0.4mm nozzle. I bet i can play with the print speeds and temperatures to compensate for nozzle diameter. I've done that in the past with other materials.

Delta3DStudios,

tepictoton

His answer: you will get a lot of clogging. He almost gave up on the filament when using 0,4 exclusively. Then a few weeks back he got the 0,5 and 0,6 nozzles, tried it again and was successful.

tepictoton,
Top Bottom