Pressure Cooker Butter - So effecient - 20 minutes

ArmchairDeity

Tried this last night as an Instant Pot experiment.

I started with 7g of Bubba Kush, decarbed for 8 mins at 300ºF. Blended with 1c water and 1 tbsp lecithin crystals. I didn't have a mason jar, so I put it in a mixing bowl that just fit inside the IP, filled the IP with water to 1/4 the way up the bowl and put my "smoothie" in the bowl... it was only about 1/2" deep in the bowl, so I was safe from overflowing or influx. Cooked it for 20 minutes on high pressure and very slowly depressurized manually.

The most aggro thing about it all was when I put the weed, water and lecithin in the VitaMix, most of the weed ended up stuck to the inside of the container and under the lid. I spent a good 20 minutes cleaning stray weed particles out of the blender. :bang:

I will be creating chocolate or peanut butter candy with it today, but I have the cocoa butter separated from the water, and it's looking super potent... blows me away to think the combined highs of a quarter oz of weed are in this one little disk of cocoa butter. Will advise on results once ingestion occurs. :rofl:

Here's a couple pics of my end result...

DQOfbLL.jpg

HplYW5M.jpg

Last edited:

Tuck

Hey stoners!
My favorite tempered chocolate bar recipe/ratio:
3 parts chocolate to 1 part cocoa butter
Melt in microwave with the chocolate/cocoa butter on medium heat.
For 3 - 3.5 ounce chocolate bars (12 grams of herb):
Add 2 tsp fresh ground coffee (metabolize faster, less drowsy)
Add 1/2 teaspoon organic turmeric powder (immune booster)
Add 1/2 teaspoon organic ginger powder (stomach/anxiety ease)
add 1/2 teaspoon ginseng (balances equilibrium, anti anxiety)

I can't wait to try your chocolate bar recipe. I noticed you have (12 grams of herb) here but explained 4grams for the extraction process. So just triple up on everything for the decarb and extraction?

Tuck,
Reactions: asdf420

asdf420

Do you really have to decarb before infusing the shit in the fucking pressure cooker? That's fucking annoying, just something I'd rather avoid because I'm a lazy fuck and don't wanna deal with exploding mason jars because of pressure or something. And I want to avoid smell.

Can't I just pour intact undecarbed weed and ABV with some oil, seal it in a mason jar, suspend it away from the metal surface of the pot like Boden does, fill it with water and blast that shit for 30 mins or so?

I am hoping that a sealed mason jar about 1/5 full of oil in a pressure cooker reaching 250F will not explode because of the pressure building around it. Would the pressure be higher outside the mason jar? Or about equal? (hot air vs steam?)

Last edited:
asdf420,

CurryLeafTreehugger

Do you really have to decarb before infusing the shit in the fucking pressure cooker? That's fucking annoying, just something I'd rather avoid because I'm a lazy fuck and don't wanna deal with exploding mason jars because of pressure or something. And I want to avoid smell.

Can't I just pour intact undecarbed weed and ABV with some oil, seal it in a mason jar, suspend it away from the metal surface of the pot like Boden does, fill it with water and blast that shit for 30 mins or so?

I am hoping that a sealed mason jar about 1/5 full of oil in a pressure cooker reaching 250F will not explode because of the pressure building around it. Would the pressure be higher outside the mason jar? Or about equal? (hot air vs steam?)

You do realize that mason jars are MADE FOR PRESSURE CANNING? That is their purpose. I canned food for our family starting at age 6 until I moved away from home. Every year, gallons and gallons of vegetables, pickles, jams, and jellies. Enough for a family of 7 to get through most of the year. Trust me on this. Mason jars DO NOT EXPLODE in a pressure canner.

However the IP is NOT a pressure canner, it tops out at a much much lower pressure than a real pressure canner. So - not even a remote chance of a Mason jar "exploding".

Tuck

My cocoa butter extraction went great. I didn't use a pressure cooker or an Instant Pot because I don't have those. I just used the oven and a baking dish. I used a potato ricer but still lost about 10-15% of my cocoa butter. The chocolate temper could have gone better as I had bloom on on my chocolate.
I think I know what I did wrong. I think I started tempering the chocolate while it was too hot. I did get a nice snap and it sits at room temperature just fine. Not bad considering I have never tempered chocolate before. My wife has but she uses a different method that she learned in culinary school. She let me try using the seed chocolate method though because she wanted to see how it worked. She said if that method worked it was significantly easier than what she does which is continuously move the chocolate around on a tempering stone.

The other thing I'll do different is getting a 4 pack of the same mold to making dosing easier. The molds I have are star wars and look cool (I really wanted han frozen in carbonite chcolate bars) but they don't make even amounts of chocolate. The Hans are 7g of chocolate. The darth vader heads are 17g of chocolate. the boboa fetts and the xwings are 14g. etc. so some chocolates are better than others.

Tuck,
Reactions: asdf420

Pharmer

Hey stoners!
So, I have been playing with improving my lecithin butter recipe for the last few years and have managed to really break some ground. My sun-oven-butter has be he most potent, kindest shit imaginable. An on the New-Age side, its fucking SUN Extracted, talk about Aztec sun-swallowing, that shit's gotta be good for you.

I feel a obligation to share this. It could really help people that need medicine and don't have enough herb or cash to pay for all their edibles.

I heard stories when I was in college of legendary pressure-cooker cookies from a Mendo-born friend.
And the more I read, the more peoples advice seemed to by typical he-said she-said bullshit like I see in beer-making. No one has the fucking balls to try for themselves to understand a point/flaw. I read that once the herbal oils have bonded to the oil of choice and the water, that their evaporation point changes, as well as who fucking cares if its sealed in a mason jar right? It will re-condense.

Ok. it works. Really well. Just as strong as the Sun butter. But in 20 minutes instead of 2-3 days. And just like the sun-butter, if you don't mess up, NO SMELL (comparatively to your neighbors house smelling like a skunks asshole). The three most important factors in producing a strong butter are: Lecithin, Vita-Mixer, and COCOA BUTTER. It's hard, it can hold all the oil you want, it has a long shelf life.

With this recipe I can make a chocolate bar with 32 knock-you-on-your-ass doses (each is 2 grams of chocolate). Made with 4 grams of fresh herb, matched with equal weight ABV (seems to add more of a nice body high-muscle relaxing). This is FUCKING EFFICIENT. So efficient that you could justify using only single source top shelf flowers and not be disappointed. But Id rather vape them first.. hahahah, or at least half.

So, for every 4 grams of decent flowers, match equal weight with ABV.
Before combining the ABV with the flowers, decarb em. I use a mason jar sealed in the toaster oven at 210 for 10 minutes or more. This part really varies from person to person. Some people say barely toast it, some say make it brown. Personally I think that might be batshit, someone explain to me how the THC and CBD don't get activated being blasted in a fucking pressure cooker?

Once the herb is "decarbed", mix it with the ABV and dump it into your vita-mixer (or other extremely high powered blender). Take a Quart mason-jar, fill it 1/2 way up with water, dump that in the blender with your herb. Add .5 grams lecithin per 1 gram of FRESH herb. Blend that shit into green smoothie.

Pour the smoothie back into the mason jar and add 4.5 Grams Cocoa Butter per 1 gram of FRESH herb (not ABV)

Close the lid on the mason jar and pressure cook it in a water bath for 20 minutes. Allow it to cool naturally.

Once just warm, open the jar and pour out the contents through a organic cotton bag, or very fine cheesecloth. This is actually where you can really fuck up. You have to be really patient, most of the oil is stuck in the herb. A potato ricer can be a brilliant way to really give it a proper squeeze. Sadly you wont know what you recovered until its too late, but usually I get all my cocoa butter back.

Put this liquid into the fridge for a few hours, and either the cocoa butter will be rock solid (yaaaay) or sometimes it ends up a slurry (booo). Rock solid is ready to go, slurry, sieve it out and put it in glass in front of a fan. It will harden up in a day maximum.

Ok, now you have some serious fucking potent cocoa butter. You can do whatever you want with it, hot chocolate, cookies, muscle rub, or ... CHOCOLATE!

If you don't have tempering skills, then bite me, do your homework or make ganache.

My favorite tempered chocolate bar recipe/ratio:
3 parts chocolate to 1 part cocoa butter
Melt in microwave with the chocolate/cocoa butter on medium heat.
For 3 - 3.5 ounce chocolate bars (12 grams of herb):
Add 2 tsp fresh ground coffee (metabolize faster, less drowsy)
Add 1/2 teaspoon organic turmeric powder (immune booster)
Add 1/2 teaspoon organic ginger powder (stomach/anxiety ease)
add 1/2 teaspoon ginseng (balances equilibrium, anti anxiety)

Heat to 110, stir until smooth. Cool in icebath to 94 and add seeding (pre-tempered) chocolate and mix until it drops below 91. remove seed chocolate and quickly pour.

Done. If you-all are nice enough I'll post pics.

I wonder if we could send cocoa butter into a lab somewhere and see slow/vs pressure extracted actual comparison?
Have you made this with just fresh herb? I have some flower that is not very strong that I want to get rid of. Do you think it'll be fine with just that? Also do I need to add 0.5 grams lecithin per 1 gram fresh herb, even when I'm not using ABV? E.g. I want to use 16 grams of fresh herb, do I use 8 grams of lecithin (this seems like a lot) or 4 grams as if I'm using ABV as well? Sorry for all the questions.

Pharmer,
Reactions: Ramahs
Top Bottom