preferred lighting for vaporists..

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i like dim lighting in general, easy subdued relaxing, etc.
i have a nice antique table lamp that i kept on my floor near a swivel chair but a friend who lives in my building used to fall off the chair sideways and crash herself into the lamp whenever she got vaped here.
so anyway i moved that lamp away in a safe spot and bought a couple of these type lamps from this site:
http://www.lampsalts.com
these lamps are great - cheap, beautiful, perfect subtle easy glow - you'll dig it.
also i moved that swivel chair to a different part of the apartment and put a beanbag chair in its place so falling is less feasible.

jeffp,

Konrad_Zuse

I usually keep the lights off, because the mood is much better during those settings. I usually turn the light on to repack, because I knock everything out of the elbow whip, and then turn the temp up.

Konrad_Zuse,

VaporKing

hmm i find i am the complete opposite, i like as much light as possible and not only that i prefer fluorescent lighting. im not sure what it is, it may have something to do with being able to see the vapor more clearly.

also when it is daytime i always open my shades and vape. i find that to be better than anything.

VaporKing,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Usually the dull glow of the computer monitor is enough for me... Got two desklamps within an arms reach if I really need the light.

aznfknpride,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Konrad_Zuse said:
I usually keep the lights off, because the mood is much better during those settings. I usually turn the light on to repack, because I knock everything out of the elbow whip, and then turn the temp up.
one side benefit to the PD in my experience is that you don't need to see - you can feel your way through all aspects of the loading and hitting. i would personally find it jarring to have to constantly turn the light on and off through vaping. once you're in the vapor zone you pretty much want the ambient qualities of the environment to stay constant, at least i do.

jeffp,

lwien

jeffp said:
Konrad_Zuse said:
one side benefit to the PD in my experience is that you don't need to see - you can feel your way through all aspects of the loading and hitting. i would personally find it jarring to have to constantly turn the light on and off through vaping. once you're in the vapor zone you pretty much want the ambient qualities of the environment to stay constant, at least i do.
Guess you're not into strobe lights. :lol:

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
ha - that reminds me of a bar mitzvah i attended as a kid and the band did the perfunctory "rock number" for the kids - it was "proud mary" with absurd strobe lights on the singer....

kidding aside i always liked black light but black light posters seem to always have to be juvenile, unfortunately.

jeffp,
Top Bottom