Prayers, Karma, Cosmic Vibes... accepted inside

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Today, I have a hearing before the Social Security Administration for disability. I don't want to get into a discussion on that, really. As the bottom line is, it was my money and quite a bit of it, to fund me, when I need it. Well, I can't think of a better time, than now. Since the strong possibility exists I could drop dead today and is just as likely to happen now, as it could a few years from now. But the odds get exponentially worse for me, as each year passes.

Anyway. I want to just get thru bleeping today! Right now I am so amped up on anxiety, stress, adrenaline... my heart is doing cartwheels in my chest. My heart is fine... but it ain't helping the crap that isn't, since they're directly connected.

So can you please pray/ask/request from whomever/whatever you recognize, as The Man (its universal), please ask for some chill out mojo, my way. The meds just ain't doing it. I need some inner peace. I've experienced its power in the past and know it works.

Thanks.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Vicki

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
'They' never really listen to me or so it seems, but done anyways.

Good luck man :tup:

OhTheAgony,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Deep breathes, find a huge tree and hug it!

A small dog or cat, needs a petting, somewhere.

Any local bakeries? Take a deep breath of freshly baked bread!

If you did these things, they might help along with the prayers!

:peace:

sessnet,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Today, I have a hearing before the Social Security Administration for disability. I don't want to get into a discussion on that, really. As the bottom line is, it was my money and quite a bit of it, to fund me, when I need it. Well, I can't think of a better time, than now. Since the strong possibility exists I could drop dead today and is just as likely to happen now, as it could a few years from now. But the odds get exponentially worse for me, as each year passes.

Anyway. I want to just get thru bleeping today! Right now I am so amped up on anxiety, stress, adrenaline... my heart is doing cartwheels in my chest. My heart is fine... but it ain't helping the crap that isn't, since they're directly connected.

So can you please pray/ask/request from whomever/whatever you recognize, as The Man (its universal), please ask for some chill out mojo, my way. The meds just ain't doing it. I need some inner peace. I've experienced its power in the past and know it works.

Thanks.

I will definitely keep you in my prayers! I know the stress you are dealing with. I felt it when I first applied for social security disability. It was nerve wracking with all the hoops you must jump through. I never went to a hearing, but was forced to be examined by SSD's doctors, more than once, before they decided to approve me. Despite the fact that I had plenty of my own doctor's records, that they already had, of course.

I have been reviewed once in the 10 years I have been on disabilty. Surprisingly, the review was not difficult at all. I just had to fill out paperwork. I honestly know what it feels like to be in your shoes, on lots of levels. Keep up hope!!

Vicki,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I had to get a lawyer and sue the government to get my benefits. As soon as I got the denial he went to work and about 2 years later, we won. The hearing, once you get to it, goes FAST (at least mine did) I had a verdict in about 20-30 minutes.

t-dub,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, yesterday as suspected was a killer. I got a good night of rest. Only 4 hours of sleep, but I woke rested and refreshed. I needed it for what was to transpire. It was the culmination of over 2 years of being told, I'm going to die a Hell of a lot sooner than I expected. I have to hash, rehash and been reminded of this over and over and over, the past week plus. Having to sit in front of a judge, clerk, vocational expert and my lawyer... talking about the most embarrassing and depressing aspects of my life, was akin to waking up in that hospital room after that fateful day, confused and scared.

But I made it through OK. Very few cases are decided on the spot anymore. Feds are hanging on to the money, long as possible. I should receive word of the decision within a week or two. It ended promising, as when faced with the hypothetical of having to take unscheduled breaks over the course of a workday, for 20 minutes, or more... the vocational expert admitted that in addition to the other existing conditions, it ruled me out of everything. He doesn't make the ultimate decision however... so I sit and wait.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Perhaps 'they' did listen this time then. Glad you survived anyways, fingers crossed for a positive outcome :tup:

OhTheAgony,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Well, yesterday as suspected was a killer. I got a good night of rest. Only 4 hours of sleep, but I woke rested and refreshed. I needed it for what was to transpire. It was the culmination of over 2 years of being told, I'm going to die a Hell of a lot sooner than I expected. I have to hash, rehash and been reminded of this over and over and over, the past week plus. Having to sit in front of a judge, clerk, vocational expert and my lawyer... talking about the most embarrassing and depressing aspects of my life, was akin to waking up in that hospital room after that fateful day, confused and scared.

But I made it through OK. Very few cases are decided on the spot anymore. Feds are hanging on to the money, long as possible. I should receive word of the decision within a week or two. It ended promising, as when faced with the hypothetical of having to take unscheduled breaks over the course of a workday, for 20 minutes, or more... the vocational expert admitted that in addition to the other existing conditions, it ruled me out of everything. He doesn't make the ultimate decision however... so I sit and wait.

I will keep praying for you!!!

Vicki,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I can't offer any prayers, but take solace in the fact, that when it is approved, the backpay will be pretty nice.

Magic9,

sunsett70

BDV, my faith is at times questionable but i am sending you good thoughts. some people, some more than others face difficulties caused by the system as you are facing now but i pray that this will only add to the strengthening your character. good luck in your journey!

u mentioned inner peace; i read about the bowls on this forum, and this is one of my favourites

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Good timing, on a response. Having major marital issues right now. We had made a lot of progress, over the last 6 months and just jumped way behind that line. Things were said, neither of us can take back. I know we're all responsible for our own actions, but I could just use a fucking break, somewhere! My blood pressure was at 155/88 last night and 148/79 the night before. Both fatal ranges for me.

I don't know how I'm here today.

BigDaddyVapor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
BDV, as you know, marriage isn't an easy thing. There are lots of compromises and sometimes, in anger, things are said that can't be taken back. You also know it's all about communication. if the two of you can get past the anger and hurt, and sit down and really talk, I think you can work through this. But I can't stress enough that the talk needs to be done with love, with no accusations. You both need to want this to work out as you sit down. I know this is easier said than done. But, if you both want this marriage to work, it's imperative to put the egos aside and care about the other more than yourself.

We have a saying in my house that you never go to bed angry. When disagreements or "fights" don't get solved right away, they have a tendency to morph into something else. Seems like this is happening here and this has gone on long enough, don't you think?

I don't know how I'm here today.

Well, we're real glad you are!! Let's get this thing settled so your blood pressure can come down out of the stratosphere. ;) I wish you and your wife nothing but peace and understanding through this. My hope is that love will prevail. :nod:

sunsett70

@momo

"But I can't stress enough that the talk needs to be done with love, with no accusations. You both need to want this to work out as you sit down. "
really understand what you said. took me 10 years to realise it. lucky i had enough time to learn as my girl was silly enough to love me during that time ;)

@bdv
"We had made a lot of progress, over the last 6 months and just jumped way behind that line."
man, 6 months of hard work, you must really like her. and since we are men, chances are that you hate her in some ways too. please don't take it too hard, m'friend. but is it possible that since you realise that you are behind the line, you can now concentrate on jumping ahead again pass that line at once, hopefully together with your lady friend? i think life is short, and sometimes, only our own self-created constraints would stop us from something.

i used to think so many things were important, until my mum got cancer. she passed away quickly, thankfully with little suffering. sometimes only takes one thing to change our concept of what is important or not. bdv, i can't give you a physical hug, so i am sending a mental/astral hug to you now...uuuhhhhhhhh...i hope that, at least, you consider us 'company', on this road you are taking. take care, man! :tup:

p/s sorry i edited it a couple of times. fogged outta my mind right now

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Thank you for more well-wishes. It is appreciated.

I'm trying to get into my doctors (any one of them and everyone's booked!). Got in on a cancellation, for Monday with one, but not really the one I want to see. My shrink is out until next Thursday.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Life took a real, hard and shitty u-turn on me this week.

The Theory: I'm having a bio-chemical reaction, from possible faulty pancreas. Its only been put out there, by my dad... but at one time, he was THE Biochemist in the United States, people paid a LOT of money to, to build them really kickass, HUGE labs and run them. Dow Corning, Bio-Science, the big boys. They finally built their own, then turned it around and sold it. Hasn't had to work a day, since he retired right before 50. He was also, regularly an expert court opinion.

The Story: Anyway, back to me. Dad's a big deal Biochemist, that has a theory based on a consistent/repeating pattern with my health. My health is being terminally threatened every 5 weeks. For 4 weeks, I'm fine. I can handle my anxiety, depression, anger. Turn the other cheek is my motto, along with pay it forward. Something goes wrong in week 5. Hair-trigger and just can't let off.

This week it cost me a trip to the hospital, Child Protective Services over our shoulder and the 3 of us (wife, daughter and me), staying in 3 different residences. I've destroyed my wife's phone and had to give up mine in the process (literally, my entire life is on that phone... they were using it at the hospital for my records and meds). I've lost a potential $20,000 crop which is now sitting over at my father-in-law's house withering to die, because he refuses to turn the lights on, because my wife has been telling him, what an asshole I was (my wife is one that, never says sorry, or only admits error on minor things, like the name of a movie or similar). You would think, the light would go on however, and he would realize by taking it out on me... he's hurting our family even worse. I don't have ANY income. My wife doesn't either, as the paper route was taking more than it was giving. She has to quit. I can't put another $500 bucks, TWICE, 5 months apart on tires and brakes. We're literally living day-to-day money-wise, just to keep gas in the car.

Medically, since Wednesday I've been unable to keep my BP in the normal range. I keep jumping up into the aorta go *POP* or >>RIIIIP>> range. They kept me overnight, to supposedly monitor me, but was really just to get her and my daughter out of there and have me talk to Social Services. Now my wife is pissed at me, because I told the truth. The truth was, we had a 3 day fight, day 3 it went nuke. She was still pissed about the refund money I had spent on Mother's Day (yes, this is all over fucking $33). It got nasty and I told her, she wasn't getting any favors from me and I was taking my car keys. When I reached into her purse, she jumped on my back and started wrestling me for it. Then she grabbed my phone, kept wrestling. Then she grabbed my laptop. The last time, she went for it... was with a 2 gallon pitcher of water. I wasn't taking the chance... ripped it from her hand and grabbed, what I thought was her phone and smashed it into the wall. Imagine how stupid I felt, when I realized I had just thrown MY phone. I then wrestled her, for the other one and that one... went CRASH and SMASH wall to floor. Stupid, huh?

I don't know why... but it just ended at that point. I told her to get the fuck out, she left... I collapsed minutes later. Blacked out... hit the floor. Woke my daughter, told her to call 911. Then the real shitstorm began.

The Conclusion: Something's wrong with me. I'm broken. I've grown weary of broken. I'm scared of what this is, why my emotional balance just gets thrown all out of whack, after 4 weeks. I'm either very angry or very depressed and it takes the one thing it just can't fuck with... and does with it, as it pleases. I question... why the fuck am I still here. I grow tired of not finding an answer and just sinking deeper and deeper into this pit. How the fuck I can still think suicide, is chickenshit and selfish, at this point... is beyond me. But, I do go to bed... sometimes hoping not to wake up. Living life in 4 week chunks, over the last 2 1/2 years has taken a heavy toll. And actually, that's only 1 real year of anything you could describe as "recovery".

I'm also scared to find out, there isn't anything additionally wrong with me. I'm just an asshole that can't control my emotions.

They say, what doesn't kill us, only serves to make us stronger? I feel like I'm just being tortured to death slowly, and having to watch those around me, suffer the consequences. I don't have a fucking weapon in this fight.

What's Hell got, that I haven't already been through? Fucking bring it, so we can settle this shit!

(EDIT: And a shitty reminder above me of how this escalated. Had I just the chance to talk with my therapist. Got to wonder about Karma and who's side she's on.)

BigDaddyVapor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:( I am so sorry BDV. What an ugly situation. Life can be such a test. But I've got to believe that if you can pass whatever test this is for you, that you will come out of it happier and healthier. There is no way that I am going to sit here and try to analyze your relationship with your wife. But it does sound like something is broken. I'm just not sure what. :shrug:

Try to stay strong and positive.... for yourself. You're in my thoughts.

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
You're still in my prayers! I wish I could do more to help you. :(

Vicki,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
ok BDV, I've read and thought about this a while. First off, you both are lucky you are not in jail. The events you have described are more than enough for a domestic violence arrest so I would feel VERY fortunate in this regard.
I'm also scared to find out, there isn't anything additionally wrong with me. I'm just an asshole that can't control my emotions. They say, what doesn't kill us, only serves to make us stronger? I feel like I'm just being tortured to death slowly, and having to watch those around me, suffer the consequences. I don't have a fucking weapon in this fight.
You are not an out of control asshole. You are a human being with an incurable condition that is going to lead to your untimely demise . . . its natural to be upset but I get the sense you are becoming overwhelmed and depressed. I am currently battling this myself. My doctor was able to give me a drug that gave me a break from my inflammation for about 48 hours. It wasn't a cure but it was an amazing attitude booster. BDV, I see a lot of fight in your words. You feel you need weapons in your fight, and you do. However, I would practice a little surrender/acceptance right about now. You seem to be searching for external sources of happiness but true happiness must radiate out from your core, by simply existing. Once you get your body, mind and spirit in alignment you can then begin to build relationships etc but I feel, BDV, that you need to deconstruct your existence and build one that works for you in your present situation. I know this post sucks but this subject is difficult, and very personal.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well put t-dub.

Often when two people are facing something they feel is insurmountable, it's hard for them to attack it from the same angle. They bring a lot of their hurt or misunderstanding to the situation. They make it about themselves. These feelings have nothing to do with the situation at hand, but are relevant none the less.

I feel like you and your wife have distanced yourselves so far from each other that you are both only seeing your own personal viewpoint. It's a normal thing, but not constructive in any way. If the two of you are to coexist together, you have to somehow have a meeting of the minds. This wont be possible if the two entities involved aren't whole to start with. You can't share what you don't have.

So, I agree with t-dub. It could be time for the two of you to have a form of separate maintenance for a while, if possible. But during this separation, you need to work on making yourselves whole again. Only when you have a sense of self can you share yourself with someone else. Two halves don't always make a whole. :2c:

I truly feel this is not an insurmountable task. It involves love and forgiveness. And I'm not even talking about loving and forgiving each other yet. I'm talking about loving and forgiving yourself.

lwien

BDV, sounds like what you're going through is pure hell.

There were two times in my life when I was severly depressed and contemplated suicide. Never tried, but I thought about it. For me, the absolute best thing that I did was to TOTALLY change my surroundings by checking myself into a hospital under suicide watch. I stayed there for 7 days (second time) under psychiatric evaluation. It was a VERY safe and structured enviornment, and was absolutely necessary for me to reset things and begin to heal.

I've gone through this twice.........once when I was 30 (checked myself into the psych ward at the VA. was there for a month) and once about 28 years later at UCLA psych ward. The times in between I was just fine. Kinda runs in the family and I know full well that even though it's only happened twice, it could happen again, and it doesn't necessarily require an outside stimulus to set it off.

I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that if I ever got those feelings again, I would again, check myself in without hesitation.

Last night, I was watching someone on television describe what depression felt like, and it was the BEST description I ever heard. She said, it feels like the worst case of homesickness ever, but.........you're at home.

Ya just gotta get away from her, away from your house, away from everything, so you can be with yourself.

Top Bottom