1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Post your decarb method here!

Discussion in 'Cooking with Cannabis' started by mikek9, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Concupiscient

Concupiscient Well-Known Member

Has anyone used an induction cooktop with sealable stainless steel cylinder?

2. TwistedGray

TwistedGray Blueberry Sherbert

I was wondering if I could use my dehydrator; however, I don't think it'll get high enough to decarb.

Concupiscient likes this.
  3. Concupiscient

Concupiscient Well-Known Member

Saw a favorable comment somewhere re using the ones intended for food.
    Don't know process, though ...

4. TwistedGray

TwistedGray Blueberry Sherbert

Yah I think most of the food ones go up to 160 degrees. At least I am pretty confident that's the highest mine goes to ... without digging it out. Maybe next time I make jerky I'll throw in a few buds :)

5. JRyan

JRyan Active Member

6. Chicken Charlie

Chicken Charlie MicroDose Cognoscente

The Maximizer. A once commercially available decarboxylation device developed in 1981 by Lawrence McKinne; in conjunction with Dr. Norman J. Doorenbos the first director of the government-funded Marijuana Research Project at the University of Mississippi.
    From the patient holder himself..."The proper temperature for total decarboxylation of Cannabis Sativa is anywhere between 95 and 105 degree centigrade for approximately 90 minutes. You can't "flash decarboxylate;" (in-as-much) as a dehydrator has all this warm air. It's more effective to seal it a "boiling bag;" and immerse it boiling water for the afore-mentioned 90 minutes. Note: You can not observe a chemical change by the fact that the product in itself is dry. There is no real correlation."

Squiby and Concupiscient like this.
  7. XiolaOne

XiolaOne Firewood 4

Plan making my first batch of golden dragon soon and I'm concerned about the decarb process. To err on the side of caution, I was thinking of baking on a cookie sheet with parchment paper at 245f around 45 minutes. This OK?

8. Shreddi

Shreddi New Member

I just put coconut oil in a small frying pan heat to 220 (using candy thermometer for accuracy) and add ground cannabis so oil just covers. Stir and watch the oil leach into coconut oil. 30 - 40 minutes and its done. No baking. This is Not to taste good but to make a fast batch of something to get you an edible high without a lot of equipment or hours of waiting. "its not what it taste like, its what it does to you" It is very strong and easily taken on road, put in pockets, etc. about the size of a nickel under your tongue and your off. I am going to try lecithin next batch to see if it Does aid in absorption. Anyone know if it does? Thanks much.

9. MESnakelady

MESnakelady New Member

10. MESnakelady

MESnakelady New Member

I have used the Ardent Lift decarboxylator with good luck. The company had problems & reworked the machine before release. I do believe they will answer phones & emails now. I made cannabis capsules with just decarbed bud. Simply awesome. I've been making various oils & such with my Magical Butter for several years. However all tinctures, butters & oils made with the Ardent Lift decarboxylated cannabis are more potent than those decarboxalated by other means (oven, boiling, ect.). I highly recommend both the Ardent Lift & Magical Butter machines & the companies that produce them

CarolKing and mtnbike420 like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors