Portable vs Plug-in, Potency/Efficency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just some guy13

wats up everybody

So in my limited vape experience I have owned a Magic Flight Launch Box, a decent quality box vape, and a Pax. My Pax has been my daily driver for almost two years and although it is repsonsible for getting me hooked on vaping, it is time for me to move away from the portable niche. I've decided to purchase a plug-in vaporizer and was originally set on the Plenty but after reading through a ton of FC posts my decision shifted to the LSV. I am moving into my first apartment, this academic year, and finally have the opportunity to make use of a plug-in, with no worry or hassle. My question is relatively simple, how much will my experience be improved in terms of potency and efficency when switching from the Pax to the LSV? I was briefly told by another memeber that my efficency should increase dramatically due to the convection set up of the LSV. I plan on running my LSV through a bubbler with warm water if that matters. So, in short, if anyone could shed any light on the increase in performance and efficency I can expect after switching it would be greatly appreciated. Any other suggestions/advice is welcome as well.

Thanks for all the help, i really love the FC community. Hapoy vaping.

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
I don't think of my lsv as being efficient really.

It can be, but someone here (forget who) told me the lsv is about consumption and that's how I like to use it.

Lately. I prefer to just use the stock long wand for flavor chasing big rips but I mix it up often.

If I am trying to conserve, I use like to use my underdog.

Sorry I don't have a pax or mflb.

Justpassedu

Take a look at the Arizer Extreme Q its a nice desktop that can be used with your water pieces and also with a wip and it can blow bags as well. Imo it is really a great all around vape. I still use my portables though , even in the house. My extreme q always gets me more medicated than my portables if i want it to just due to the raw power it has on demand. I think it is well priced for its features and i like that it can do a little more than most desk tops by allowing you to also have a bag set up. It's def been my favorite desktop vape out of everything i have owned , not to say there are not others that may suit your needs out there bc there are a ton that people like.

kushkush

happy camper....
I was hoping to order the Venus but it looks like it's up and disappeared. Weirdest thing I ever saw. But I'd like some suggestions too on what plug-in is good, meaning wastes less bud and puts out lots of cooler vapor.

Justpassedu

I was hoping to order the Venus but it looks like it's up and disappeared. Weirdest thing I ever saw. But I'd like some suggestions too on what plug-in is good, meaning wastes less bud and puts out lots of cooler vapor.
go here - http://fuckcombustion.com/forums/plug-in-vaporizers.4/ , take a look around , i'd look at the threads with the most post counts and do some reading , there are allot of good desktops that suit many different needs .

Just some guy13

I don't think of my lsv as being efficient really.

It can be, but someone here (forget who) told me the lsv is about consumption and that's how I like to use it.

Lately. I prefer to just use the stock long wand for flavor chasing big rips but I mix it up often.

If I am trying to conserve, I use like to use my underdog.

Sorry I don't have a pax or mflb.
Coming from my Pax where i put in around .5 i would definitely expect to see a increase in efficency. Efficency isn't my number one priority so the Underdog isn't the best fit for me.

I was just wondering, generally speaking, how much stronger is the effect from a plug-in like the LSV coming from a handheld like the Pax.

Just some guy13,

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
My only portable is the flashvape and I like to vape at higher temps so they both have plenty of power to surf the line of combustion.

I get just as high from the flashvape with the same amount of herb I think if my battery holds out.

kushkush

happy camper....
Big thanks to those who responded to my question. I'll go check out those links now. :)

kushkush,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Portable vs Plug-in, potency/Efficiency? is the title of the thread.

Coming from my Pax where i put in around .5 i would definitely expect to see a increase in efficency. Efficency isn't my number one priority so the Underdog isn't the best fit for me.

:shrug:

The underdog is both as Potent and as efficient as an herb vape can get, as far as I can see.

The LSV is a great choice too... Just sayin'.

Just some guy13

Portable vs Plug-in, potency/Efficiency? is the title of the thread.

:shrug:

The underdog is both as Potent and as efficient as an herb vape can get, as far as I can see.

The LSV is a great choice too... Just sayin'.
Yea but I wasn't really looking for recommendations....i was stating my intention to get the LSV to inform anyone that might wanna answer the question. I was asking about potency and efficency specifically in regards to the LSV...

you will be going from one of the least efficient heating methods with a big oven to a very efficient heating method with a bowl you can decide how much is in it. I would expect to see a noticeable efficiency gain.
Exactly my thought process. I have a feeling that the new heating method could potentially lead to a better high. No specefic reason for that belief other than other members' testimonials about the LSV

Last edited by a moderator:
Just some guy13,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom