portable vaporizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejonny2014

Hey guys. So I've decided that I'm not too comfortable taking my Solo out of the house and going around with it. I need a really portable vape, but if I can't do that, I'm just going to turn to combustion (oh no!) and get one of those slick ez pipe all in one pipe/lighter things.

Anyways, I'm looking for a vape for raw flowers that is super portable and easy to use. Flavor doesn't really matter, temp accuracy only sorta matters (want to avoid combustion), but mostly, I just want portability.

The 2 biggest things I need are: portability, and ease of use. I don't want to be stirring stuff around, I just want to pull out my vape, take a hit or two, put it away, and repeat.

I've looked at the VapeGenie but it seems a little complicated to use with just a Bic lighter, and it's a bit too big.

Do you guys have any suggestions for a really small, discreet, easy to use vaporizer that can be used easily on the go?

thejonny2014,

cawshook

Solod out.
Well I sold my solo and bought an inhalator 05 off the indigogo campaign instead for that exact same reason. It seems it fits what you're asking for, but I can't recommend it yet until I've tried it. Go to the thread candidates section and read through the thread if you'd like. Its coming out soon.

I'm really hoping it fills my need for an on-the-go vaporizer. Temperature control, no stirring, small, light, durable, quick reload (can pre-fill the capsules) that's what I'm looking for right now.

Last edited:
cawshook,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey guys. So I've decided that I'm not too comfortable taking my Solo out of the house and going around with it. I need a really portable vape, but if I can't do that, I'm just going to turn to combustion (oh no!) and get one of those slick ez pipe all in one pipe/lighter things.

Anyways, I'm looking for a vape for raw flowers that is super portable and easy to use. Flavor doesn't really matter, temp accuracy only sorta matters (want to avoid combustion), but mostly, I just want portability.

The 2 biggest things I need are: portability, and ease of use. I don't want to be stirring stuff around, I just want to pull out my vape, take a hit or two, put it away, and repeat.

I've looked at the VapeGenie but it seems a little complicated to use with just a Bic lighter, and it's a bit too big.

Do you guys have any suggestions for a really small, discreet, easy to use vaporizer that can be used easily on the go?

From what limited research I did on the subject, and from what I've experienced. It sounds like the PAX fits the bill. The only problem with it is that you loose flavor and you need to really keep it clean to keep it running correctly (from what I understand, never owned a PAX personally)

I know there are a few companies working on several more stealthy options for vaping raw flowers, but the technology simply isn't there yet.

I do know one company has already approached me about 3D printing components for their new device, but they're still in development stages, nowhere near beta testing prototypes yet (last I heard anyway).

For now, the pax should be high on your list of possible vapes, but note the two cons of a pax (in my view) are the flavor and the maintenance.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Surprisingly the FlowerMate Vapormax V fits your bills: small, braindead to use, nothing to break, and super cheap on top of that!

Don't get me wrong, I own better vapes, but I think the taste is similar (as bad?) as the Pax on this one, there's no maintainance and you can buy several for the price of a single Pax.

Anyways I wouldn't recommend the Pax, the Indica is way better if you go this route IMHO, thanks to the feedback from forum members during development: the goal was to improve over the Pax and they bloody succeeded, the thing is getting great reviews!

People seem to also like the Elevape (but it's a bit pricey) and the new dual-bowl Haze vaporizer. I'm following these two and they also have great reviews. The show stopper for me in both cases is that they have too few temperature settings, but I'm a bit anal with that I must admit.

EDIT: I re-read your requirements and the best portable vape I have to pull a few hits and back to the pocket is the Firewood 2.1. When used this way it stays cool enough and you get vapor in about 40 seconds and can stop at any time (no cooking bowl!) I read that people love the Firefly for the same reasons, so if you are ok to master a manual drive vape, you'll gain the excellent convection taste and that beats all other vapes cited so far.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have the Dabbler, it has a coil that you put your wax on. It seems pretty basic and simple to use, no smell. You could turn it on take 3 draws then turn it off. The dab that you put in the chamber is probably still good the next time you pull it out.

It looks like a e-cig. The cost is around $99. You may not have access to wax, so if that's the case, never mind.

Last edited:

215z

If portability, stealth, and ease of use are important, you should consider foregoing flowers completely. Cannabis extracts in an e-cig tank beats any portable flower vape by a mile.

thejonny2014

Thank you all so much! Your replies helped me dive into deeper research and narrow the selections down.

I'm stuck between the Hammer and the Firewood 2.1. They both seem like very good choices. Could someone please compare/contrast these? Also, Ive never used a butane vape, so what are the pros/cons of that?

If portability, stealth, and ease of use are important, you should consider foregoing flowers completely. Cannabis extracts in an e-cig tank beats any portable flower vape by a mile.
I don't have access to comcentrates unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
thejonny2014,

trevorzamani

I would say Pax or Haze for sure. They are both awesome for different reasons. Check them both out.

trevorzamani,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@thejonny2014 : please note that I'm only recommending the Firewood because in your initial post you said you own a Solo already. So I assume that you have enough experience with a good vaporizer to know what to expect etc, otherwise I would never recommend a manual-drive vape to someone new to vaporization.

Read the FW thread, it's quite short and full of good tips. I must admit it took me some time to tame the beast, you need to get the technic right, be careful not to overheat... In the end it's the vape I share the least, I don't want to spend time explaining how it works when I can just hand people the FlowerMate and simply say "draw, and be careful not to cough!" (as they usually draw too strong and rip their lungs!)

In other words be prepared to spend some time to develop a "very personal relationship" with the FW, but you'll be rewarded as there's just wood, glass, steel and nichrome in the vapor path, and almost full convection heating, the taste is super clean.

KeroZen,

virtualpurple

I'm going to toss in my votes for the Haze or the Flowermate.

The flowermate is probably the most foolproof vape on the planet. Its super portable, the battery lasts a good long while, and I never stir material, yet still get great results. The flowermate is also dirt cheap. You could purchase a flowermate and a quality water tool like the F-bomb (for home use) and still come away having spent less than you would have for a Pax.

The Haze vaporizer is a neat little machine as well. It has two chambers, the option of a glass or steel pathway, and removable batteries. It has 4 heat settings to choose from and I really love that I can pre-pack the little oil cans it comes with and take them with me. My only real wish for the Haze was that its heat-up time was a little quicker.

Both units are very portable, very stealthy, and quite reliable.

cawshook

Solod out.
Firefly is the only vape that let me take a few tokes without anyone noticing. Its kind of big, but if you can sneak away for a exactly one-two minutes you're good. No smell, quick heat up time, and it seems its hits are more potent than other vaporizers. I know that might sound weird, but go to the firefly thread and you'll see I'm not the only one who thinks that. Its a great vaporizer to just take a couple of hits every few hours. One full bowl is like 10-20 hits. So basically you can go all day on one bowl.

thejonny2014

Okay... flowermate lookin real good now. Do you guys know if it ever combusts?

Also, where can I get it cheapest and with most reliability (in the USA)?

thejonny2014,

virtualpurple

The flowermate does not combust at all. At least not that I've ever heard of before.

Anyplace you'll get it in the US is likely overpriced. But it can be had off of eBay I believe. Look at the thread in the portables section. The good Dr. has put up contact information for a SMISS representative (flower) who offers great service and pricing. I would order directly from her. You may have to wait for a bit longer, but the price is perfect.

virtualpurple,
Reactions: 215z

Yoosh

Flowermate is the simplest, easiest on-the-go vape I own. I'm also a big fan of my Magic Flight Launch Box but that requires a different work ethic haha.

Yoosh,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Also in the market for my first portable vape. I know nothing about them unfortunately... Price is no object. I just want something reliable with a good community, plenty of battery and flavor. Oh and it has to look like a handsome devil :cool:

Radio,

Yoosh

Also in the market for my first portable vape. I know nothing about them unfortunately... Price is no object. I just want something reliable with a good community, plenty of battery and flavor. Oh and it has to look like a handsome devil :cool:

Out of my 10+ portable vapes (what is wrong with me?) the Firefly fits your description the best. It's a handsome, flavorful, cloud-producing devil. :brow:

Yoosh,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Out of my 10+ portable vapes (what is wrong with me?) the Firefly fits your description the best. It's a handsome, flavorful, cloud-producing devil. :brow:
Wow.. Thats the first comment i've received regarding what will no doubt be a week-long search for the vape that's going to become my baby, but it was a darn good comment! I'll roll with that and look into this Firefly you speak of.

edit: just watched all these videos. Looks fun and easy to use!
http://www.thefirefly.com/about#how-to

Last edited:
Radio,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom