Portable Vaporizer for hash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anes

Heey u guys.

Here in my country good herbs isn't allways that easy to get, but hash is every where around here. its usually kashmir, marrok, pollen and afgan, but we have a very big selection of hash here.

I got a vulcano that i like to vape my hash on, and think i the vulcano is doing a great job vapeing my hash. I recently stop smoking cigarettes and joints, and only vape my weed and hash and smoke e-cig.
My first question is are there any good portable vape for hash, i know alot of them can vape Oli and concentration, but can they also vape normal hash (like kashmir, marrok, mm.) ? And if so anyone who can recommend one ?
i would like a pen style or a stealthy one, no matter with the price. It have to be stealthy so i can smoke in public ;)
dont know if my requirements is to high for relative young technology like portable vapes :b

Thanks for your time :)

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Heey u guys.

Here in my country good herbs isn't allways that easy to get, but hash is every where around here. its usually kashmir, marrok, pollen and afgan, but we have a very big selection of hash here.

I got a vulcano that i like to vape my hash on, and think i the vulcano is doing a great job vapeing my hash. I recently stop smoking cigarettes and joints, and only vape my weed and hash and smoke e-cig.
My first question is are there any good portable vape for hash, i know alot of them can vape Oli and concentration, but can they also vape normal hash (like kashmir, marrok, mm.) ? And if so anyone who can recommend one ?
i would like a pen style or a stealthy one, no matter with the price. It have to be stealthy so i can smoke in public ;)
dont know if my requirements is to high for relative young technology like portable vapes :b

Thanks for your time :)

Check the Thermovape products, and THC Scientific has well.

vorrange,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
What is your country, cause the op is speaking bubble hashes mainly and both TV and THC Sci. products do not cope that well with this byproduct.
Portable vapes that cope with the hashes you are talking about:
-Vaponic
-Vape or Smoke
-Arizer Solo
-all the VG's
-Lithe Vape
-Da vinci (Haven't tested but will work)
-GnOme
-Eclipse Vape
-Thermovape T1 (stirring is a PITA though)
...I could go on for long!

FLskwat,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
What is your country, cause the op is speaking bubble hashes mainly and both TV and THC Sci. products do not cop that well with this byproduct.

I'm confused. I thought the OP was specifically referring to real hash, not bubble hash (which I don't consider hash at all).

pakalolo,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I'm confused. I thought the OP was specifically referring to real hash, not bubble hash (which I don't consider hash at all).
OK Pakalolo... Now I'm confused, as you are the 1st American continent resident who makes the difference between bubble hash and "real hash". I have used the term bubble hash as it is the most similar form of concentrate you can get in the US to our Afghani/Manali/Maroccan/libanese creams...and in fact the process is VERY similar...it is a sort of bubble hash (except pure marrocan pollens). It was also to make sure all American FCers differenciate the product the OP is talking about with the concentrates they usually consider as hash (BHO, full melt, waxes, budder etc...) . "Traductore Traditore" would the Italian say...the translator is a traitor! :D

EDIT/ similar definition issues here BTW ;)

But then OK Pakalolo you are one of the few american continent residents with the same wording as us EU citizens: weed/hash/concentrates! I LIKE!

FLskwat,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
OK Pakalolo... Now I'm confused, as you are the 1st American continent resident who makes the difference between bubble hash and "real hash". I have used the term bubble hash as it is the most similar form of concentrate you can get in the US to our Afghani/Manali/Maroccan/libanese creams...and in fact the process is VERY similar...it is a sort of bubble hash (except pure marrocan pollens). It was also to make sure all American FCers differenciate the product the OP is talking about with the concentrates they usually consider as hash (BHO, full melt, waxes, budder etc...) . "Traductore Traditore" would the Italian say...the translator is a traitor! :D

EDIT/ similar definition issues here BTW ;)

But then OK Pakalolo you are one of the few american continent residents with the same wording as us EU citizens: weed/hash/concentrates! I LIKE!

Yeah, this needs its own thread. To be clear, to me "bubble hash" refers only to the material you make using water extraction. Hash is what you get from traditional methods of harvesting trichomes and pressing them. For a while in my early days I lived in a city that was the major entry point for hash into North America, and for a long time it was all I used. Buds (well in those days it was leaf and stems and seeds) were just not available.

Anes

Im from denmark :)
And yes we are talking about the traditional methods hash ;)
hehe this almost needs its own thead :b

can the davinci or Thermovape vape hash??

Anes,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Agreed but be aware all the Indian subcontinent hashes (the black brilliant maleable ones -Afghani, Nepalese etc- are in fact bubble hashes obtained with cold mountain river water extraction processes) and so is the black hash for marroco that we get in olive shapes.
The marrocan pollens I agree are obtained by harvesting the pollen & trix + applying pressure!

I have done both harvests and hash making processes in the 2 regions I am talking about with local peoples! Superb memories! :ko:

FLskwat,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Im from denmark :)
And yes we are talking about the traditional methods hash ;)
hehe this almost needs its own thead :b

can the davinci or Thermovape vape hash??
OK then yes as stated in my post with the vape list the Da Vnci will do it.
The T1 will also cop with these hashes but the stirring process is a little messy with its bowl and those hashes need to be broken with stirring at somepoint to deliver maximum vape!

EDIT: I added the T1 in the list!

FLskwat,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I rate the vapbong (maybe vaponic too, not sure) as an affordable portable for hash, though that's not what its sold for. I just posted a vid in the thread. Here

WatTyler,

SD_haze

I'm not one to recommend an iolite/wispr to just anyone, but if you're able to finely grind your hashish, it works awesome with it.

It have to be stealthy so i can smoke in public ;)
So you don't just need a portable vape, you need a stealthy portable vape.

With the iolite, you can fill the bowl with herb (or vaped herb you can re-use since bud is a little scarce for you), OR you could technically use tobacco, then top it with a sizeable amount of hash.

From there you can walk out in public and its all self-contained.

If you have no experience with butane products (torch lighters), I'm not sure I'd really recommend it unless you're really patient though. Also, the original iolite is both cheaper, and IMO, much much stealthier to use out-and-about compared to the new wispr.
:2c:

SD_haze,

togepi258

What about the ThermoVape Revolution? Isn't that supposed to be incredible for concentrates? I don't personally know, but I read great things.

togepi258,

SD_haze

What about the ThermoVape Revolution? Isn't that supposed to be incredible for concentrates? I don't personally know, but I read great things.
Yes, but the more plant matter in the concentrate the more it clogs.

Hand-pressed is generally pretty high in plant matter (unless OP's hand-press bubbles when he smokes it... then thats different :tup:)

SD_haze,

Anes

thank you all for your answers !

i am really lerning something here, so when a vaporizer says that it can vape concentrate and wax, then it can vape normal hash (EU way to say :p) too??

i got 5 vapes, to choose between
-Da Vinci
-ThermoVape's T1 or Revolution
-iolite
-wispr

which of these 5 is best for vaping hash ? :)

Anes,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

i am really lerning something here, so when a vaporizer says that it can vape concentrate and wax, then it can vape normal hash (EU way to say :p) too??

i got 5 vapes, to choose between
-Da Vinci
-ThermoVape's T1 or Revolution
-iolite
-wispr

which of these 5 is best for vaping hash ? :)

I don't have any of the other four, but i do have the DaVinci and i must say it does the job great with herbs and is prepared with an oil can although iirc they are not very efficient, and i never tried hash in it yet but it should work.

vorrange,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
@Anes, 2 remarks on your list:

-Revolution WILL NOT do EU hash. You will clog the cart after 30 mn. period!
-why not considering the Arizer solo?

No that is exactly the disctinction. A vape designed for concentrates NEEDS a byproduct that will 100% LIQUEFY with heat VS. the EU Hash will most probably work better with the "weed chambers" of most of the vapes!

FLskwat,

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
I was listening to a recent episode of the Dopecast and he is absolutely praising the hash performance of the Arizer Solo, to the point where I'm considering getting one myself, as I don't currently have a hash-vaping solution. the Dopefiend says the Solo extracts flavors from the hash that he didn't even know existed... he also says that the Solo does a much better job with hash than the Thermovape, despite the Thermovape being specifically designed for concentrates. I happen to know the Dopefiend has a lot of experience with the Iolite and the Wispr in the past, so we can infer that he much prefers the Solo for hash than either of those.

Its only one persons opinion, but he does know his stuff! Have a listen to the podcast if you want to hear the review, and definitely take a second look at the Solo...

SD_haze

I was listening to a recent episode of the Dopecast and he is absolutely praising the hash performance of the Arizer Solo, to the point where I'm considering getting one myself, as I don't currently have a hash-vaping solution. the Dopefiend says the Solo extracts flavors from the hash that he didn't even know existed... he also says that the Solo does a much better job with hash than the Thermovape, despite the Thermovape being specifically designed for concentrates. I happen to know the Dopefiend has a lot of experience with the Iolite and the Wispr in the past, so we can infer that he much prefers the Solo for hash than either of those.

Its only one persons opinion, but he does know his stuff! Have a listen to the podcast if you want to hear the review, and definitely take a second look at the Solo...
The solo has a significant conduction element of heating so definitely can see it doing hash very well, the only issue is that with its big base and removable glass stems, you can't really "vape with it in public" like Anes required.

Its perfect for bringing over to a friends or to a party, but out-in-the-open it sticks out big time.
:2c:

SD_haze,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Strawed stealth tip from PV in a drink cup with the Solo works great out & about ;)

snew

I've recently purchased a Solo and love it. How do you smoke hash in it? I mixed some with a little weed and that worked well. I have Dry Ice hash, not pressed. It clogged rather quick with just hash.

snew,

Anes

Hey guys, sorry for bringing an old thread up again , but do you think the Pax by Ploom will vape hash? if you lay it in layers of weed or tobacco? :) :)

Anes,

OF

OK, here's my take on hashes. We can roughly divide them into mechanically and chemically refined. In the first group and water extracts and other mechanical screenings resulting in more or less intact Trichomes with other plant material. Solvent techniques attempt do dissolve only the active chemicals and generally get some of the 'junk' as well. THC percentages are generally higher with the latter.

In use, they tend to act differently since the trichomes blot up the liquid and hold it until it evaporates so convection works better than conduction. Consider the results from Volcano.

Running bubble or similar through DV and Iolite work great. I do it a fair bit, and have for some time. I don't have a Wispr but assume it's the same as Iolite. FWIW my Herbal Aire also does a great job with bubble since it's convection as well.

If, OTOH, you are really serious about this, Cera is the machine for you. I'm right now doing Beta testing and have run several batches of bubble though it with amazing success. The version designed for herb loves it. It too is convection, but has a ceramic bowl and self cleaning debris trap that make it a dream to use for this. Very fast warm up, dense vapor, near perfect extraction and you can brush it clean enough to go again. And again. And again. Over half an hour if vaping on a charge, fast battery change. And when you think you need to clean it, you can boil the key part in water or soak them in most anything you want. The main structure is all high tech ceramics and metal, you can literally heat it with a torch until it glows to clean it if you wish.

IMO it needs serious consideration and will be released very soon. Pre orders are in fact open now.

OF

OF,
Reactions: noserub
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom