Portable vaporizer buying advice

Blash

Hi everyone i've been lurking the forum for somedays and i finally decided to join this community :)

I previously owned a cheap china desktop vaporizer which i dont even remember the name of and then I got myself a Vaponic.

I'm about to buy a new portable vaporizer with a budget of around 100€ and would like to have your expert advice on those choiches:

1)Boundless CFX ,120€ new: i read that it's an hybrid convection+conduction vape , i can have it for 120€ new

2)Flowermate Swift Pro 105€ new :full convection and apparently great taste but battery appears to be really shit, im afraid in 6 months i will have to charge it full for just a session..

3)Flowermate Mini 5.0s Pro 96€ new : i know this is a fairly old vaporizer but everywhere i looked i found it as the go to vaporizer on my budget , how do you think this compares to the other 2 now in 2017??

Thanks for your advice guys :)

Blash,
Reactions: AtomicPB

sickmanfraud

Boundless has a lot of satisfied customers on FC. I have never used a CFX, but a CFX 2 is already set to be released this fall.

The swift pro is exactly the same as Boundless CFV. Also set to be replaced. Available for $100. I have the CFV and the lousy battery is the biggest issue. If my CFV had a decent battery (they advertised 40 minutes of vaping in reality i was lucky to get 5 4 minute sessions). I would have used whenever out and about and even as a main vape, but it was always need to be charged.

I would suggest either an Arizer Solo or Air. They have recently come out with the Solo 2 and Air 2. The introduction of new models should have brought their prices down. Arizer are good, solid performers and very reliable.

Blash

Boundless has a lot of satisfied customers on FC. I have never used a CFX, but a CFX 2 is already set to be released this fall.

The swift pro is exactly the same as Boundless CFV. Also set to be replaced. Available for $100. I have the CFV and the lousy battery is the biggest issue. If my CFV had a decent battery (they advertised 40 minutes of vaping in reality i was lucky to get 5 4 minute sessions). I would have used whenever out and about and even as a main vape, but it was always need to be charged.

I would suggest either an Arizer Solo or Air. They have recently come out with the Solo 2 and Air 2. The introduction of new models should have brought their prices down. Arizer are good, solid performers and very reliable.

First of all i would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I just checked and unfortunately both the Arizers are 50€ more than the models i was looking for :(

I will check the unreleased vape section and see if there might be something interesting for me coming soon!

Squiby

Get a Vapcap.

The brand name is Dynavap and the inventer designs and manufactures these in the states. They are brilliantly designed, tiny; the size of a cigarette and modular so you can switch out bodies, condenser etc for a different look and function. They are beautiful pieces and the all metal versions will likey last a lifetime.

There are no batteries to charge, keep track of or replace.

They can be heated by just about any heat source; a Bic lighter, a jet lighter, a campfire stick, a stove element, a candle, an induction heater if you don't like using flames and even a solar heater.

The Vapcaps are fantastic vaporizers. They are extremely efficient with your bud and you will surprised how little weed you will use to get the same effects. It handles flowers, hash and concentrates with ease.

Many FC members have sold their other vaporizers after discovering the Vapcap.

The basic model, call the M Vapcap is made from stainless steel and sells for $50. For under $100 you can get a Ti Woody Vapcap which sports and adjustable bowl titanium tip and a choice of beautiful wood bodies. The top of the line all titanium super lite Omnivap is a beast with a fully adjustable condenser for a set it and forget it experience. The Omnivap starts at around $160. All the models are great vaporizers. Choose the one that meets your budget and asthetics

Check out the thread...

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-778

Here's the Best of Thread

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/

And the Dynavap website.

https://www.dynavap.com

AtomicPB

Welcome @Blash I second everything that Squiby said about the VapCaps. They are great Vapes. Although, if you already own a Vaponic which is quite similar in function, I was under the impression that you are in search for an electronic Vape.

I own none of the Vapes that you mentioned but my Flowermate v5.0 Mini is almost identical to the Flowermate Mini Pro. If the temperature control of the Mini Pro is not that important to you the normal Mini might be an option, since it was reported to have a longer lasting batterie than the Mini Pro. And it is even cheaper.

I really like my Flowermate, because it is reliable, easy to use and very good for on the go being so small.

That being said, the other two Vapes you mentioned are reported to produce better tasting vapor as far as I remember.

I was looking for something similar as you do now and found the HealthyRips Fury to be an interesting option as well. HealthyRips are releasing a new Version of the Fury very soon, maybe that is something to look into as well.

Good luck with your decision ... let us know how you decided in the end.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey there, excuse me if you have already done research and narrowed down your choices to those 3,but i think there are other vapes which you can also consider.
1) Fenix MINI 109 euro (a.k.a Healthy Rips, Sutra ,Hippie Rebel ,Grindhouse whatever.. - https://lacentralevapeur.com/vapori...i-vaporizer-vaporisateur-portable-weecke.html
2) X-max V2 can be snatched at nice prices from Vapefiend ,make sure u get a glass mouthpiece, i find if far better than the flowermates and also has changeable batteries. IF you are willing to give off the USB charging,which actually is only not durable part of the vape.. there is even a better deal here which includes a USB wall charger ;) . https://hghonline.co.uk/product-category/xmax-v2-pro/?age-verified=0de5e78ef8
3) Focus vape some models can be snatched for around 100 euro , lacentralvapeur has it ;).
------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMO you should also check the TUBO evic thread if you are into handmade vapes, for 150 $ it blows off every portable i've tried in performance :).

sickmanfraud

Hey there, excuse me if you have already done research and narrowed down your choices to those 3,but i think there are other vapes which you can also consider.
1) Fenix MINI 109 euro (a.k.a Healthy Rips, Sutra ,Hippie Rebel ,Grindhouse whatever.. - https://lacentralevapeur.com/vapori...i-vaporizer-vaporisateur-portable-weecke.html
2) X-max V2 can be snatched at nice prices from Vapefiend ,make sure u get a glass mouthpiece, i find if far better than the flowermates and also has changeable batteries. IF you are willing to give off the USB charging,which actually is only not durable part of the vape.. there is even a better deal here which includes a USB wall charger ;) . https://hghonline.co.uk/product-category/xmax-v2-pro/?age-verified=0de5e78ef8
3) Focus vape some models can be snatched for around 100 euro , lacentralvapeur has it ;).
------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMO you should also check the TUBO evic thread if you are into handmade vapes, for 150 $ it blows off every portable i've tried in performance :).

I use my Tubo about 90% of the time. I have a Milaana, MVT, CFV, Solo and Solo 2...and more, but I use my Tubo so much more than any other vape.

Get a Tubo-evic and you will not need or desire more vapes. For real.

little maggie

I owned the ones you have listed and got rid of them. It really depends on what you are looking for and adding your major interests will help with recommendations. For me, an "on demand" vaporizer was important so I'm only using the herb when I'm actually inhaling. My main one is the tubo evic which has already been recommended. It's $150 and comes from Switzerland. The creator is on FC and although I think it is great the way it is he takes suggestions for upgrading the software to add new features. (It's in the unreleased section but is available.)

The other which has also been recommended is one of the vapcaps.

Likes2vape

Hi everyone i've been lurking the forum for somedays and i finally decided to join this community :)

I previously owned a cheap china desktop vaporizer which i dont even remember the name of and then I got myself a Vaponic.

I'm about to buy a new portable vaporizer with a budget of around 100€ and would like to have your expert advice on those choiches:

1)Boundless CFX ,120€ new: i read that it's an hybrid convection+conduction vape , i can have it for 120€ new

2)Flowermate Swift Pro 105€ new :full convection and apparently great taste but battery appears to be really shit, im afraid in 6 months i will have to charge it full for just a session..

3)Flowermate Mini 5.0s Pro 96€ new : i know this is a fairly old vaporizer but everywhere i looked i found it as the go to vaporizer on my budget , how do you think this compares to the other 2 now in 2017??

Thanks for your advice guys :)
I really like my cf/x. The CFX is a little big for the pocket but can be done. I really like the LCD screen showing the temp and the time left in your session but the screen makes it not so stealthy. If you are concerned about stealth the cf is the way to go. Both are really stellar through a water pipe but imo but hit just fine with the regular mp.

I have the cfv/swift pro and has been stated the battery life is shit. I only get 3 sessions before I have to recharge vs 5 1/2 on the cf/x.

Likes2vape,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It might make it worth your while to save up a little longer so you have more of a choice with higher end units. Sometimes you get what you pay for - but not always. The advise about the Arizer OG Solo and Air was a good one. Their prices definitely will be lower because of the new units that have just come out.

Check out @PuffItUp Sometimes you can stumble across some great deals.

Also the VapCap - many of happy customers in that thread and you don't need to pay very much for a quality unit.

So many vaporizers to choose from out there. More and more are coming out every day. Not all are well made though.

I think checking through the threads here on FC and see what kind of failure rate they are having. Sometimes the newest ones with all the bells and whistles aren't always the best. How often are folks visiting the particular portable thread. Are folks enthusiastic? Don't expect most manufacturers to participate here on FC. It gets too dicey at times in the threads. too many complaints sometimes and folks tend to pile on unforetuneatly. I don't blame them for not wanting to participate. It can quickly become open season and it can only go downhill from there.

I've bought portables that I thought I would really like because a lot of other folks liked them. Some I tried for a couple weeks and put in the drawer. Later to be given away to friends down the line. A vaporizer as a gift can be a good thing and thinking about others and their health and well being.

Last edited:

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
well as far as taste goes no one of those will match the vaponic, it's one of the best tasting i know of :tup: - the thread is a pretty short read http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaponic-herbal-vaporizer.6052/
but i think u mean something more discreet for the open - vaponic makes u look like a crack head, with vapcaps u have to worry someone will jump your back bc he thinks u r a terrorist lighting a bomb, only butane vape that is a bit more discreet would be the vapman but still not discreet enough for many situations...
can only compare the normal flowermate v to the mini - well the mini is a bit smaller and can be charged with usb, but the battery doesn't last long and usb charging is slow...the v has much better battery life, besides that they are pretty the same performance
As already stated, it's probably better save up a bit, but if u are only looking for a cheap, discreet out and about vape there are too many models in that range that will work, but everyone has it's flaws and limitations in the long (or short) run, more of a personal preference what problems u want to deal with...

Last edited:
Top Bottom