Portable Vaporizer Brainstorming Session

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Brainstorming sesh

star trek style - doesn't have to make sense, just... what do you think it should be like?

i'm thinking same size and look as an analog, but it would have to have a wire hanging from it, or, reliable temp control, to come at it from a different angle...but it would be nice if it would hide by itself too (like float along behind me, bob and weave to not let the people see it there...bust avoidance system...the car can park itself, and r2-d10 can keep me medicated)

VWFringe,

weedemon

enthusiast
1. battery/flame powered : a portable vape needs to be cordless!

2. size: needs to be small enough to be conveniently carried around with you.

3. stealth: because a portable vape is to be used outside of your home, and consumption is still illegal it needs to be stealthy

4. effectiveness/taste: gotta work and be nice to use of course

5. few loose parts: since you are out of your element and away from home, the last things you need is to lose any small fiddly parts and not be able to have your session.

atm i can't think of anything else needed. (all glass maybe)

weedemon,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
my vision of the perfect (for me) portable vape would be the Bud Toaster with the next generation battery after the LiFePO4 type. it would add 1/2" to the height.

i could make the cube smaller than 2", but it wouldn't be hand made -- probably cast or molded or extruded -- laser milled?

Hippie Dickie,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
thanks...you know i just dumped that idea and never went back to look, sorry about that.

maybe this could be a place to vent about portable ones

-----
this was my other idea for portable, needs pictures...

glass one-hitter (looks like cigarette)
ceramic - foam ceramic - HealthStone, in the tip, where the weed would go
vaporize the dab of oil with a hot glass nail
nail could be made to look like a match (titanium in wood holder)
so you look like you're lighting an analog, but with no flame the story breaks down

i do like the idea of a vape that floats around and has artificial intelligence, that opens things up a bit
AI-Vape, is that another thread? what are the most desireable traits in any AI vape?

VWFringe,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
ah, so ... i was thinking portable as in moving around the digital cave, not moving around in the world away from keyboard.

in my mind, getting to 400F is a solved problem ... it's how to keep from getting burned by that 400F that is the design challenge.

Hippie Dickie,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Hippie,

i gotta say, of all the tech talk on these sites, your invention keeps me thinking...kind of like e-cig modding addiction, where everything i look at becomes a host for an e-cig atomizer and batteries...anyway, here's the "state of my imagination" for a future Hippie Dickie style pipe...

it's all glass, and it's gleaming, like something blue and glowy is going on inside, and it floats when you let it go, okay,
circuit traces are doped directly onto the glass
nano spheres are embedded into areas of the glass

Hippie, from your last paragraph I take it you've imagined some other configurations...? i wouldn't mind hearing about some that would melt my face off

VWFringe,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
you've imagined some other configurations...?

no ... i am committed to getting the cube "done" first. so all my creative flow is directed at the remaining design or fabrication issues for the cube. i've got a new and really cool battery sled design -- it almost holds itself together ... "almost", that is. now i need to realize it in wood to see where i've underthunk the issues.

Hippie Dickie,
Top Bottom