Portable Vaporizer ~150 € recommendations

Likun

Hello guys,

I'm quite new to this community and vaping in geneal so I'm here looking for some advice :).

I just got an Storm vaporizer as my first electronical one just about one week ago for about 55 €.
Well as I don't have any other device I can compare to I can just say that I do like the feeling of using a vaporizer instead of burning the herbs down.
I do like the taste although it significantly becomes less after a few hits.
Also I have the feeling that the vapor of my storm is quite hot and dry when I inhale it and sometimes doesn't feel that good in my loungs.
What I do like are the swapable battery and the glas mouthpiece.

Well basically my question is if I can get a "better" vaporizer for about 150 € than the storm. I've already done some research but the selection of portable vaporizer is too big to just chose one.
What is important to me:
- seperated vapor paths
- non plastic mouthpiece - I don't really care if it's made of glas or ceramic or something similar I just don't like the idea of having too much plastic involved
- not too bad battery life - if possible swapable batteries
- option to use with a bubbler
- Easy to clean!
- I usually use small loads around 0.1 to 0.2 g if that matters

Devices I find to be interesting so far:
Arizer Air, Arizer Solo (may be a little too unhandy), DaVinci Ascent, Pax 2

How do these perform compared to my storm/xmax v2? Would it be worth the ~90 € upgrade?

Do you guys have any vaporizer recommendations for me in mind? :)

Best regards

Last edited:
Likun,

Likun

Thanks for the reply!
The tubo looks quite interesting, kinda unhandy though. But I will use it mostly at home so the size isn't my highest priority.
But I can't find any information on where go buy that device? Google at least doesn't help me. Do you know more about that?

Likun,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Yes ,you should message the maker directly via the forum message system. --------------> @funkyjunky will set you up ! :))
Currently there is also a new model TUBOx, which can be used with a TC mod from that list which include 3 and 4 battery mods like the Wismec Realux 300 and the cuboid 200w.
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/20640451_1551903018165578_8717407344444571648_n.mp4 <----------- Video
2njzhba.jpg

8vNIkfT.png

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Likun

Doktor Dub

From the ones the OP mentioned, i think the Solo/Air is a good and solid choice. Great Vapes, session oriented.

If you can get along with a butane Vape, read about the Vapcap.

:2c:

Likun

Well the tubo sounds quite complicated, I've never looked into something like that. Does funkyjunky produce them himself? How about warranty? He seems to be in Switzerland which isn't that far away.
It does look interesting though! My only worry is the maybe missing support offered by most good vaporizer shops.

Likun,

Abysmal Vapor

Well the tubo sounds quite complicated, I've never looked into something like that. Does funkyjunky produce them himself? How about warranty? He seems to be in Switzerland which isn't that far away.
It does look interesting though! My only worry is the maybe missing support offered by most good vaporizer shops.
I am sure you will get far better support than most EU shops can offer you. The device is not complicated at all . It works both on demand (by pulsing the button ) and in cruise (two clicks and heater is on for a desired/custom set time frame). I have had a little problem with mine and FJ offered a solution in no time. The design of the TUBO allows it to be revived endless times if it fails, which is kind of quote from a conversation with the maker. He is very active here, so just shoot him a message i am sure he will address your worries and make them go away !
IMO the customer service of the handmade devices offered on that Forum is far beyond what you will ever get from a typical vendor.

Pustupillo

The Don_Key
I am sure you will get far better support than most EU shops can offer you. The device is not complicated at all . It works both on demand (by pulsing the button ) and in cruise (two clicks and heater is on for a desired/custom set time frame). I have had a little problem with mine and FJ offered a solution in no time. The design of the TUBO allows it to be revived endless times if it fails, which is kind of quote from a conversation with the maker. He is very active here, so just shoot him a message i am sure he will address your worries and make them go away !
IMO the customer service of the handmade devices offered on that Forum is far beyond what you will ever get from a typical vendor.

I agree 100% :tup:

If you are european, IMO you need to have an Herborizer TI as desktop and a Tubo as portable.. Is the dream setup...

PS The Tubo is NOT complicated at all. You said that you will use it mostly at home right? The Tubo have 18mm female joint (as optional part the 18-14mm bong adapter), so is perfet to use it with water pieces.

Likun

The more I read about it the more interesting does the tubo become.
I didn't find anything about the costs, do you know how much a tubo costs including shipping and how long it takes?
The batteries don't seem to last that long? About 5 sessions if I've read it right.

I'll think about it but atm it's very high on my potential to buy list.

Likun,

Gray Area

$150 for the basic kit (which is all you need) plus about $10-15 for shipping to EU.

Tbf can't think of that many portables that'll give you more than 5 sessions/charge. Batteries are cheap, just swap them out... I have 5 in rotation.

And that's $$$'s not €€€'s :tup:

Abysmal Vapor

TuboX is 100$ + a mod from the list and batteries. With a 3 or 4 battery mod battery life would be no issue. I really doubt that you will find a convection vaporizer that will get you many more sessions out of single 18650. IMO if you dont want to switch to convection , you are more than fine with your X-max v2 ;),it is just not worth it to get another vape with the same technology,x-max is almost as good as it gets.
If you pissed running off battery you can get a Power Adapter for the TUBO or a few batteries to rotate, or maybe you should consider a desktop,IMO if that is the case you should check the Home Grown Logs ,they are made in UK and are 100 GBP .

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

Likun

What is the tuboX now? Where's the difference to "normal" Tubo?
I'm sorry for asking so many questions but I'm really new to all this.
I also don't really get the compatible hardware list in post #5. What are they all good for?

I really would like to try convection. Just to see the difference between those two methods. I do like to try new stuff.

I already have a pair of 18650 Samsung 30Q batteries as backup (initially bought for my Storm though).

Abysmal Vapor

Normal Tubo is 2 in 1, Heater + Evic VTC mini in one body. Tubo X is just the heater which connects via cable ending with 510 connection to a mod device from the list. (the list is consistent of devices able to support the TUBO software . The original TUBO is a single battery,but TUBOx allows use of multiple battery mod like the CUboid 200w and the RX300 .
--------------------------------------------------
30q's are perfect for the TUBO.
Here is a video of tubo in action
Video of tubo x ----------------------> https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/20640451_1551903018165578_8717407344444571648_n.mp4

BaroneBarra

Normal Tubo is 2 in 1, Heater + Evic VTC mini in one body. Tubo X is just the heater which connects via cable ending with 510 connection to a mod device from the list. (the list is consistent of devices able to support the TUBO software . The original TUBO is a single battery,but TUBOx allows use of multiple battery mod like the CUboid 200w and the RX300 .
--------------------------------------------------
30q's are perfect for the TUBO.
Here is a video of tubo in action
Video of tubo x ----------------------> https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/20640451_1551903018165578_8717407344444571648_n.mp4

Amazing video man.
Been eyeing the Tubo's thread for a while now, I think your post right here will be the push I needed to finally PM @funkyjunky and get this over with :D

resistance+is+futile.png

Likun

Thanks for both videos, the second one I've already watched in your previous post. I think i now get what's the difference.
I'd stay with the original tubo as it comes in one device.
I already contacted FunkyJunky but he seems to be quite busy with his shop and things. Let's see what he will say :).

While looking for the tubo I found some also interesting looking vaporizers like the Firewood 4 or Milaana. How are these?

Abysmal Vapor

Thanks for both videos, the second one I've already watched in your previous post. I think i now get what's the difference.
I'd stay with the original tubo as it comes in one device.
I already contacted FunkyJunky but he seems to be quite busy with his shop and things. Let's see what he will say :).

While looking for the tubo I found some also interesting looking vaporizers like the Firewood 4 or Milaana. How are these?
Can't go wrong with these ,too . I havent tried them but others love them. You might also look into the Splinter ,Mistvape Touch and instaHeat.
The difference between TUBO and those vapes is that it can be ran into TC mode ,which enables you to select a Temperature + it has custom firmware which gives some extras,like ECO modes,draw detection,etc.. . I''ve seen the instaHeat also ran in TC mode,but cant tell if it can be done with just any TC mod,better check the thread for detailed info.
Milaana i think is unregulated,it is always set at some wattage value and you just pulse the fire button,the longer you hold the hotter it gets,so you might get some charring and even combust if you arent careful .
Another interesting thread in the DIY section is the Project thread , it can be ordered as an assembled kit from the creator . Have fun exploring ! ":))

Abysmal Vapor,

Likun

So now that I got replies from Funkyjunky I'm about to order the tubo evic. If I'm lucky I can take one he already has in stock and don't have to wait the full 3-4 weeks - let's hope the best :p.
I do have a question regarding the tubo accesory: What is the basket screen used for, do I need it?
I'm also considering getting a water pipe adapter too so that I can use it with a bubbler or something else if I'm feeling to - which one to get 14 or 18 mm?

Likun,

Pustupillo

The Don_Key
the basket screen is used to "sandwitch" your herb between the screens. IMO using vapes without water filtration is not good at all, for example the standard mouthpieces becomes too hot at high temp (230c), and i LOVE the smoothness of the vapor after water filtration... is just perfect..so i took the 18mm bong adapter. In the near future i plan to get a ddave tubo vapor cooler: https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p59/The_DDave_18mm_Tubo_Evic_VaporCooler_V3.html so ill be able to use it without a real bong/bubbler when im far from home :tup:.

"which one to get 14 or 18 mm?" depends, you already have a bong? is it 14 or 18mm? I usually prefere quite bongs with lot of water, i have an ehle 500ml 18mm with precooler

Pustupillo,

Likun

So I'll need to order the basket screen too, good to know.
I haven't tried temperatures higher than 210c yet as I only own a storm, which I usually not use with more than 200c. If the Glas doesn't get hotter than the storms mouthpiece this won't be a problem for me.

I do not own any water accessories yet but I'm looking forward to try it in the near future. I'd prefer something smaller, bit more discrete and not too expensive for the beginning though. That's why I have no idea if 14 or 18 mm would be the better choices. Maybe I should wait until I got a bong/bubbler and order the adapter then? Doesn't seem as a good idea as I'd have to pay shipping again just for the adapter.

That ddave water adapter you linked seems like something I might be looking for! Too bad the shipping to Europe is quite high.

Likun,

Pustupillo

The Don_Key
no no dont order it later, decide a bubbler/bong to buy and order your bong adapter with the tubo.

Usually 14mm bongs are smaller and vice versa.

Remember to buy a FEMALE 14-18mm bong!!! cause the adapter is MALE.

Pustupillo,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
In a portable I want convenient, easy to use and somewhat small. I have the Solo 2 and have 2 Solo OGs that still work. I bought the Arizer Air OG when it first came out and it's still running. If I hadn't gotten the Solo 2 I would buy the Arizer Air 2.

With Arizer vaporizers they are a well established company out of Canada. Most important they stand behind their products. They aren't going to be here today and gone tomorrow.

You have to look at longevity. The Air and the Solo aren't a throw away type of vaporizer. These units will last you for years.

With the Solo 2 and the Air 2 you can choose your exact tempreture. You can dial in your lenghth of sessions. The size of the Air is somewhat stealth. The Solo 2 has great vapor flavor and I assume the Air 2 has great flavor too, although as I said I don't have one. The Solo 2 has a battery that can't be owner replaced but lasts for over 2 hours initially. It charges up fairly quickly. The Arizer Air 2 has owner replaceable batteries.

I also like a glass airpath.

They both work well with water tools.

I would read through say three vaporizer that you are interested in and ask questions in that thread. What one person likes doesn't mean that you are going to like it.

I like easy and I don't want a vaporizer with a lot of small parts that can be lost or need to be cleaned.

For years all I would buy were portables, then I fell in log with a log vaporizer then I bought 2 more. When you want a plug in style for home think about a log vape.

I would talk with @stickstones. You can always PM him - he's a great pleathera of information.:):2c:

Edit
Tip - I think it's great to have one "smack in the face" vaporizer but don't use it all of the time. If you use cannabis regularly it's good to switch off using a few different vaporizer IMO. It helps with tolerance. Your body becomes used to the same vaporizer, that's been my experience.
My hardcore face-melter is the EVO a plug in style vaporizer.

Last edited:

Likun

Thanks for the input. I'll stay with portable unit for now, maybe later if I'll keep vaporizing I'll consider buying a desktop one.

The arizers were in my favorite list too, preferably the air (2). I also do look to have as less effort as possible with both using and maintaining my device.

For now I ordered a tubo evic, which will be shipped within the next week. But I'm sure this won't be my last buy. I like buying different devices, preferably second hand at lower costs, test them and resell them if they don't fit my needs.

My favorites are now firewood 4, milaana and one of the arizer 2s (air or solo).
Im also considering buying one of the DynaVaps for one the go. Any recommendations for one of these?

Likun,
Reactions: Squiby

Squiby

Dynavap vaporizer are designed and manufactured in the states. They are brilliantly designed, tiny; the size of a cigarette and modular so you can switch out bodies, condensers etc for a different look, length and function. They are beautiful pieces and the all metal versions will likey last a lifetime.

There are no batteries to charge, keep track of or replace. No cords to get tangled or lost. They are very easy to clean and if you have a minute you can get stoned. This is not a session vape. It is perfect for microdosing, but it is also versatile and can be used a variety of ways.

Avocado can be heated by just about any heat source; a Bic lighter, a jet lighter, a campfire stick, a stove element, a candle, an induction heater if you don't like using flames and even a solar heater. It has a temperature indicating cap. You heat till it makes a clicking noise, then stop heating and toke away.

All the Vapcap models are fantastic vaporizers. They are extremely efficient with your bud and you will surprised how little weed you will use to get the same effects. It handles flowers, hash and concentrates with ease.

The basic model, called the M Vapcap is made from stainless steel and sells for $50. For under $100 you can get a Ti Woody Vapcap which sports an adjustable bowl titanium tip and a choice of beautiful wood bodies. The top of the line all titanium super lite Omnivap is a beast with a fully adjustable condenser for a set it and forget it experience. The Omnivap starts at around $160. All the Vapcaps are great vaporizers and can also accommodate a thicker VonG midsection for use with water tools. Choose the model that meets your budget and asthetics.

Check out the thread...

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-778

Here's the Best of Thread

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/

And the Dynavap website.

https://www.dynavap.com

Everyone should have at least one Vapcap. But most can't stop at just one.

Top Bottom