Portable vape

arkadiy

Used the MFLB, just didn't cut it for me. Unless I used jwh018, it barely had any effect. I'm thinking about trying out the iolite.

What do you guys think? Any recommendation?

arkadiy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I think that if you couldn't get what you wanted from the LB, which allows you vary the temperature all the way up to combustion, you're not likely to be happy with a fixed temperature device like the Iolite.

pakalolo,

Anthony

Anthony
pakalolo said:
I think that if you couldn't get what you wanted from the LB, which allows you vary the temperature all the way up to combustion, you're not likely to be happy with a fixed temperature device like the Iolite.

+1

Anthony,

arkadiy

Well, I wasn't trying to combust. Everyone holds that thing on some sort of god pedestal of portable vapes, I honestly wasn't that impressed with the thing.

What is the set temp on the iolite? How much can I pack in 1 bowl? Do I have to stir / move it around to eventually vape that whole bowl?

But thank you guys for the response, I prob won't be buying any portable vape... Guess there just isn't one made for my market yet :\

arkadiy,

Spacenstein

(from what I know about you... since we talked in chatroom) I feel like you're desiring something that gives you SSV effects in a portable unit. No portable unit really compares.. Your best bet would be to get a nice VaporGenie. The bowl pack is pretty large but does require a bit of stirring-- you'll be getting much larger hits and better effects with the VG compared to the IO or LB, IMO. At 50~60 bucks, it's definitely worth trying..

-S

Spacenstein,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
arkadiy said:
Well, I wasn't trying to combust.

No one said you were. My point was that since the LB is capable of all temperatures up to and including combustion, you can get whatever effect you want from it if you learn the proper technique. That is why "Everyone holds that thing on some sort of god pedestal of portable vapes."

pakalolo,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm willing to guess that with practice you could make the MFLB at least 2x as effective as it is now.

When I first got it I was doing it correctly, but didn't have the right technique. I can easily say that it is at least 2x better results for me personally. I feel like it gets better over time once you fine tune it.

darkrom,

arkadiy

Spacenstein said:
(from what I know about you... since we talked in chatroom) I feel like you're desiring something that gives you SSV effects in a portable unit. No portable unit really compares.. Your best bet would be to get a nice VaporGenie. The bowl pack is pretty large but does require a bit of stirring-- you'll be getting much larger hits and better effects with the VG compared to the IO or LB, IMO. At 50~60 bucks, it's definitely worth trying..

-S

This is true, but portable for me means more of a "in the car" vape. I want something I don't need to use a lighter on (just not good if a car is seen with a lighter constantly flickering on and off), I did actually have the GVG and loved it but gave it to a friend who visited and didn't have a vape. I then sold the MLFB to another friend (actually, prior to the GVG giveaway).

Sucks that my only real option for smoking while in the car is, well, smoking. I do actually have my SSV (haven't received yet, but I've had the EQ for a while) setup to work in the car :p Made many multi-hour trips with the vape sitting in the passenger seat next to me with the hose to my mouth the whole 6 hours ^^ Talk about an easy trip.

I guess I was just hoping since the iolite is bigger and runs on butane it would more efficiently (or at least in bigger quanitys ) vape my bud compared to MLFB. Looks like I'm better off just using the SSV in the car for long trips, and waiting for a true portable big vape.

Thanks for all your help guys.

arkadiy,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
Get a supreme! i just got one and i love it! google video this thing just making clouds it will not let you down it is the heaviest hitting vape i have ever used and I have used a SSV a LSV, and I currently own a LB MZ my dad owns an iolite I have an Extreme Q and the supreme hits harder than all the rest no doubt!

Goodlife101,

GreenLeaf

Are you sure you're using the MFLB correctly? I'd never vaped at all before I got one but it's very easy to use and there are techniques in the large thread about it. You don't even have to use the plastic stem that comes with the MFLB. Also make sure your material is ground up well but not so that it's a fine powder.

GreenLeaf,
Top Bottom