Portable vape for sensitive throats?

Crumpet

Hi again folks!

This time I'm in the market for a portable that's easy on the throat...

At home we use various Arizer products (solo, extreme q, air) and we love them quite a lot! My husband and I use water tools with them, as we find the vaping to be too harsh on our throats otherwise (we also use lower temps, we stick in the 175 - 205 range on the EQ for example).

We've traditionally used the Arizer Air or Solo when we're on the road, as we've got the portable bubbler from planet vape. However sometimes (like when we're out walking/hiking), it's just not practical for us to use the bubbler with it. We've tried using the longer Solo stem over the smaller Air stem, and that helps a little, however we still find it to be quite harsh.

Is there anything out there that that somehow produces a smoother hit? Or something else we could try with the Air/Solo that wouldn't make it impractical to slip into a pocket while out hiking?

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Hi again folks!

This time I'm in the market for a portable that's easy on the throat...

At home we use various Arizer products (solo, extreme q, air) and we love them quite a lot! My husband and I use water tools with them, as we find the vaping to be too harsh on our throats otherwise (we also use lower temps, we stick in the 175 - 205 range on the EQ for example).

We've traditionally used the Arizer Air or Solo when we're on the road, as we've got the portable bubbler from planet vape. However sometimes (like when we're out walking/hiking), it's just not practical for us to use the bubbler with it. We've tried using the longer Solo stem over the smaller Air stem, and that helps a little, however we still find it to be quite harsh.

Is there anything out there that that somehow produces a smoother hit? Or something else we could try with the Air/Solo that wouldn't make it impractical to slip into a pocket while out hiking?

You might want to check out the FURY 2 by @HealthyRips.com:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/healthy-rips-fury.24408/page-30

It's more "pocketable" than Arizer units and much smoother vapor, imo.

Fat Freddy,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

little maggie

I find the MVT milder than some other portables- especially arizer ones. And it's on demand which makes it great for using out in the world. I'd recommend the tubo with whip which is pretty mild when using the whip but probably less portable than you want.

You might also try the vapcap M. Although I didn't fine it as mild as some of the other vapcaps. I bought a long stem from phatpiggies and that really cooled down the vapcap so I didn't need water.It looks like phatpiggie has stems that work with all the vapcaps including the m.

Last edited:
little maggie,
Reactions: Squiby

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Imo the only practical butane outdoor hiking vape is the vapman, windy conditions make all other butane vapes a real pain to use... Vapman is pretty smooth too with fresh air mixed into the vapor path.
Of electronic vapes the mighty / crafty still are one of the best solutions for cooling in a pocketable size additional the capsules make it perfect for on the go - just 2 pieces to take with mighty+cap magazine, that should last a day of hiking :D

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Before investing in a new vape altogether, you may want to just try out a bent stem for the Solo/Air for about $10 like this one: http://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Solo-p/arz.sol-102_curv.htm. I find it makes a significant difference from the short stems.
But if going all in, I think both the Fury 2 and Crafty have very smooth and cool vapor at lower/mid temps without needing any adapter.

Last edited:

little maggie

Imo the only practical butane outdoor hiking vape is the vapman, windy conditions make all other butane vapes a real pain to use... Vapman is pretty smooth too with fresh air mixed into the vapor path.
Of electronic vapes the mighty / crafty still are one of the best solutions for cooling in a pocketable size additional the capsules make it perfect for on the go - just 2 pieces to take with mighty+cap magazine, that should last a day of hiking :D
I may be the only one but I never could work the vapman and finally gave my toasted one away. I've had no problems with most of the other butane vapes.

little maggie,

natural farmer

This post is about sensitive throat and smooth vapor. If you use a mouth-to-lung technique there is really no competition to the Vapcap. Most other vapes need to be used with a straight-to-lung technique so by default the throat hit would be much worst... I think I used the original PAX with mouth-to-lung as it was restricted and worked wonders as well. But taste suffered a lot cause of the huge bowl after a couple of hits. Not sure about the new PAX's and if they can be used like that or if they have much improved airflow...

And I appreciate the kind words @Squiby... :p
Mouthpulls is what brought me back to the Vapcap! I had already sold my first two OG's before I tried it... :lol: Thank god I remembered sucking the PAX like a cigar! :p:lol:

PS: Vapman needs STL so it's much harsher than the Vapcap... Can't forget the pain the Vapman gave me more than once. One of the worst throat pains and feelings I have ever experienced!!! Thought I would die. In a car, while on a road trip, huge hit I should add but still, the pain.... :ugh: Never had such harsh vapor with Vapcap...

natural farmer,

little maggie

This post is about sensitive throat and smooth vapor. If you use a mouth-to-lung technique there is really no competition to the Vapcap. Most other vapes need to be used with a straight-to-lung technique so by default the throat hit would be much worst... I think I used the original PAX with mouth-to-lung as it was restricted and worked wonders as well. But taste suffered a lot cause of the huge bowl after a couple of hits. Not sure about the new PAX's and if they can be used like that or if they have much improved airflow...

And I appreciate the kind words @Squiby... :p
Mouthpulls is what brought me back to the Vapcap! I had already sold my first two OG's before I tried it... :lol: Thank god I remembered sucking the PAX like a cigar! :p:lol:

PS: Vapman needs STL so it's much harsher than the Vapcap... Can't forget the pain the Vapman gave me more than once. One of the worst throat pains and feelings I have ever experienced!!! Thought I would die. In a car, while on a road trip, huge hit I should add but still, the pain.... :ugh: Never had such harsh vapor with Vapcap...

I've had vapcaps since they first came out but don't find them mild unless I use one of winegums long stems. I ready Squiby's description but still don't understand the mouth to lung technique or mouthpulls. Is there a simpler way to explain it?

Doktor Dub

Before you spend significant money, personally i think the Solo / Air is pretty mild. the bend Mouthpiece was a good suggestion, did you try just a ball of Cotton / Hempfiber in your stem between load and Mouth?

I use the Vapcap and Mighty and while they are great Vapes and can be mild, i don t know if you would gain something in this department with them.

:2c:

Doktor Dub,

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I've had vapcaps since they first came out but don't find them mild unless I use one of winegums long stems. I ready Squiby's description but still don't understand the mouth to lung technique or mouthpulls. Is there a simpler way to explain it?
Suck on it like it's a thick milkshake, then swallow it into your lungs.

Crumpet

Thanks for the suggestions, folks!

While they look good, I think the vapcaps would be impractical for us, as they need a separate lighter - unless I'm reading things wrong. I forgot to specify that we're looking for something completely self-contained.

We haven't tried the bent stem with the Air, but we have tried the long Solo stem with it (it's about the same length). It helps, but not a lot - and the longer stem makes it a bit harder to pocket. The bent stem might be easier to pocket than the long straight one though, so we'll try it along with the cotton suggestion.

If the cotton doesn't help enough, I'll definitely investigate the other suggestions further - thanks again everyone! As always, the FC community comes through :)

Crumpet,
Reactions: Jill NYC

AJS

Calm Consistency
The Vapcap is very smooth and I use a hemp fiber filter. Then when he taught me to mouthpull the Vapcap it created an unrivaled experience.
No idea why, but mouth pulls, whether from the mflb, vapcap, what have you, always give me a delayed, but harsher cough. It's strange. I think it's just all that vapor hitting at the same time.

AJS,

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
Something I think I've learned about mouth-pulls recently is that even though it feels like the vapor doesn't go into the lungs right away, it actually does.

C No Ego

I've heard rez block added to a bubbler can be better than water... or a tiny bit of cranberry juice (no sugar) added to water then the bubbler etc...

C No Ego,
Top Bottom