Portable vape for low-frequency / low-tolerance user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Think many combust in MFLB at least once, but probably not much more. You can feel it getting to that point easily and not hard to avoid. Just don't try getting huge clouds the first couple times you use it.

From what I've read here, butane torch lighters burn very efficiently so not as bad with carbon. That's why they don't leave soot.

Don't think either would be a concern. Neither would air or solo.

Hits like a sledgehammer also.

Mine is smooth vaping, but zowie on the head. :smug:

flotntoke,
Reactions: KidFated.

Godoka

My Air should be here on Wednesday! I also ordered some of those cone screens from eBay but I don't think they will be here until later in the week. I'm not sure if I should just wait until then so I can start with a really small amount.

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
My Air should be here on Wednesday! I also ordered some of those cone screens from eBay but I don't think they will be here until later in the week. I'm not sure if I should just wait until then so I can start with a really small amount.

I only own one vape, the Air but I really don't tbink you will go wrong for your needs.

The amount per stem is very low, I have weighed anything from 0.03 to 0.05

You can actually use even less if desired. There is no need to fill the whole stem I have found.

In terms of irregular use the Air is also great, people have tested this over on the Air thread and the battery's hold their charge for weeks.

In terms of the screens you can easily use without, however if you grind the herb very fine some may get sucked though.

bluenavey00,
Reactions: Godoka

Godoka

I only own one vape, the Air but I really don't tbink you will go wrong for your needs.

The amount per stem is very low, I have weighed anything from 0.03 to 0.05

You can actually use even less if desired. There is no need to fill the whole stem I have found.

In terms of irregular use the Air is also great, people have tested this over on the Air thread and the battery's hold their charge for weeks.

In terms of the screens you can easily use without, however if you grind the herb very fine some may get sucked though.

Thank you! How little can you put in the stem and have it still work? I don't have a scale (do I need one?) so if you can tell me in terms of how full, say, the bowl on the small stem has to be that'd be really helpful.

I found the screens in the Solo thread. They were using them to reduce the bowl size down to where you'd only get 1-2 hits for really small sessions. But now that I think about it I think the Solo's bowls on its stems are larger than the Air's. Or maybe not, I haven't directly compared. I know they are the same diameter at least.

Godoka,

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Thank you! How little can you put in the stem and have it still work? I don't have a scale (do I need one?) so if you can tell me in terms of how full, say, the bowl on the small stem has to be that'd be really helpful.

I found the screens in the Solo thread. They were using them to reduce the bowl size down to where you'd only get 1-2 hits for really small sessions. But now that I think about it I think the Solo's bowls on its stems are larger than the Air's. Or maybe not, I haven't directly compared. I know they are the same diameter at least.

I havnt really put in below 0.03 and that filled up 3 quarters of the stem. With a home made domed screen that fills up a small amount of the space.

I see no reason why you couldn't put less, although due to it being less compact the vapor may not be as dense.

To combat that you could always try to press the herb down a little to keep it dense although you are only filling a very small amount of the stem.

Any techniques like the above you will work out via experimenting in time. After a week or two you will know just how to pack it, and just how you like it. :)

Scales are not necessary at all. I never weigh before packing a stem. However during the first week or two of use, a couple of times I did pack the stem how I liked it, then tapped the herb onto a scale to weigh for my own interest.

If you are interested I would say buy a digital scale online, they can be had cheaply. Just make sure you get one with two digits after the decimal point not just one.

Not had a solo and havnt seen the stems so can't confirm nor deny that lol. Ask on the solo thread or maybe the Air thread. I'm sure someone will know if you are interested :)

Godoka

OK I finally got around to trying it . . . I got the dome screens from eBay and tried it with one. It took a bit of work to get it in there but I did it. I took a little chunk of Blue Dream, ground it and pushed it down inside. Just a pinch really and that's about all that fit. I tried it . . . I mean my technique is probably not good yet, haha, but I got maybe a few hits out of it. It was very easy to "pull" it. Probably will use it this way during the week so I can use just pinches at a time.

friedrich

Little-Known Member
I think what makes me just a bit leery of the Launch Box and the Vapman, despite their tactile charms, is something I mentioned in my OP, but which even I myself sometimes forget: I'm prone to asthma as well as sinusitis. This is the primary reason I stopped smoking decades ago.

I've read some comments on FC about how the MFLB can combust the herb if you're not careful (and in the learning process). With the Vapman, I wonder about carbon emissions from the butane flame (not sure how well founded that concern is, mind you).

Ultimately I want to be as gentle on my lungs as possible, and as far as I can tell the Arizer vapes are likely to be cleaner than the "stick-shift" types. But if anyone thinks my impressions are wrong, I'm open to hearing about it.

Vapman is amazing! I'd recommend getting one either way; even if it doesn't end up being your primary vape, at least it'll be there for you when electricity isn't. And something about it just makes it such a pleasure to use... I often find myself picking it up at home even though my log vape is ostensibly much more convenient.

As for vapor quality: with the basic version, there can be a little wood smoke at first until you get a char on it, but otherwise the vapor is nice and pure. You can definitely feel its warmth, but it's not harsh at all and there are no off flavors. Torch lighters are supposed to burn clean anyway, leaving behind only water and carbon dioxide.

It's my first flame-powered vape, and I've only had it for two weeks, but I found it very easy to learn, and SO much more satisfying than my MFLB. [But then, I never came close to combustion with the MFLB, so maybe I just haven't pushed the heat far enough...?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom