Portable Vape, $50-100, Suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshmcmillan

Just as asked, I'm willing to spend up to about $90-100 on a portable vape, here are some qualities im looking for:

-stealth
-discrete
-decent hits
-I like some good flavor
-reliable
-warranty!

I've got the MFLB and the Palm 2.0 in mind so far, basically deciding between the 2, what do you guys think? Also, I'm open to other suggestions

joshmcmillan,

visionaries

I just ordered the firewood. If you jump on it, you can order one that does not have a finish on it for $80 (you can easily apply your own wood finish on it.)
Check out the thread VaporEyes just posted. If you wait to order, you will still be able to score one at the price of $120.

I will post up my own thoughts and review on this vaporizer when it arrives in a few days.

From what I have been reading, the Firewood is superior to the MFLB as far as vapor quality and size of hits. It is also not really suspicious looking at all. Somewhat reminds me of a wooden dugout.

visionaries,

HSIHP

Magic flight!

I haven't used the firewood but It sure does looks cool. Read up and see what's best for you

HSIHP,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Just as asked, I'm willing to spend up to about $90-100 on a portable vape, here are some qualities im looking for:

-stealth
-discrete
-decent hits
-I like some good flavor
-reliable
-warranty!

I've got the MFLB and the Palm 2.0 in mind so far, basically deciding between the 2, what do you guys think? Also, I'm open to other suggestions
Solo on eBay right now around that price brand new...

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: Enchantre

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

-stealth
-discrete
-decent hits
-I like some good flavor
-reliable
-warranty!

Since your stepping up to a better level of flavor get one of the two or both:

SOLO = Portable
VAPOLUTION = PLUG-IN

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I would avoid the eBay units if you want a good warranty.

Spend just a little more, get a Solo. It's a lot smaller than it looks, though I don't think it qualifies as a pocket vape. A pocket vape... well, the MFLB works well, if you get the hang of it.

Enchantre,

joshmcmillan

Wow, surprised at all of the replies, thanks guys.

However for my first vape the solo is a bit out of my price range, still need money to buy herbs to vape lol. First time I've ever seen anything on the mflb look alike was right now, not saying it doesn't perform well, just saying I would like to see a few reviews on it first. It does interest me though, so I'll for sure keep that in mine.

I'm leaning towards the palm 2.0, as I can pick it up for a cheap $70 on eBay from an authorized seller. The main reason persuading me would be the p2 thread on these forums. It has many very good reviews in the thread, and a few videos.

Still open to suggestions guys.

Just need a reliable, stealthy vape for no more than around $90-100. I've been asking around on GC, and I can say this community's way more knowledgable on their vapes, appreciate it!

joshmcmillan,

joshmcmillan

consider the vapor genie as well.

It does seem like a cool piece, but I'm looking for a lighter-less system, but I still haven't decided, I may pick it up due to the fact it's pretty cheap (not quality, price). I love your Palm 2.0 thread, I posted a question on there a few hours ago, got a decent response. Basically, do I still get a lifetime warranty if I purchase the p2 from a authorized seller, off of eBay?

I do really like the solo, and wish it was a bit cheaper. I would start the bidding war with them, but I just won't feel safe purchasing a vape not from an authorized seller, or the company itself.

mod note: 2 posts merged. Edit your post to add to it. Don't make back to back posts. Using manual quote tags isn't that difficult.

joshmcmillan,

SSVUN~YAH

It does seem like a cool piece, but I'm looking for a lighter-less system, but I still haven't decided, I may pick it up due to the fact it's pretty cheap (not quality, price). I love your Palm 2.0 thread, I posted a question on there a few hours ago, got a decent response. Basically, do I still get a lifetime warranty if I purchase the p2 from a authorized seller, off of eBay?
Doubtful on warranty, worth checking into. I give the VG a thumbs up as well, especially the coil with glass!!!

SSVUN~YAH,

green2brown

If this is your first vape, I'd suggest avoiding one that has a learning curve. It can be discouraging if you don't allow yourself ample time to get the hang of it - and "ample time" can be days to weeks to never (for some). The Solo may be a bit out of your price range, but consider it an investment in your future. Get a vape that is essentially automatic to start and you're almost guaranteed to get hooked. Save a few bucks and get something more manual, and there's a decent possibility you'll go back to combustion.

joshmcmillan

Doubtful on warranty, worth checking into. I give the VG a thumbs up as well, especially the coil with glass!!!
Not very familiar with the coil on the VG, could you elaborate on what it does maybe? Sorry. Just not very educated on the vapor genie, just seen good reviews of it. I actually may consider saving a few bucks and going with one, just was looking forward to not having to carry a lighter all the time.

If this is your first vape, I'd suggest avoiding one that has a learning curve. It can be discouraging if you don't allow yourself ample time to get the hang of it - and "ample time" can be days to weeks to never (for some). The Solo may be a bit out of your price range, but consider it an investment in your future. Get a vape that is essentially automatic to start and you're almost guaranteed to get hooked. Save a few bucks and get something more manual, and there's a decent possibility you'll go back to combustion.

Thanks for thr advice! I've personally used a mflb twice (my friends). It did hit nice, but it was a bit hard to get used to. He tried to teach me, I eventually got a few nice puffs. That's why I'm interested in the palm 2.0, it's similar to the MLFB, just seems to be a bit more easier to use and a bit more portable.

joshmcmillan,

SSVUN~YAH

Ohh ya and a bunch of butane or a bag full of lighters! The coil is a VG metal vape. It looks like a spring on a trampoline. It breaks down easily for cleaning and uses a smaller version of the patented screen. However some can't hit it properly without combusting or without glass. But when you learn to hit it right, which doesn't take long IMPE with the original VG and coil, you can get bell ringing hits just like the top vapes!

Ps Hit edit below your message to add to it if your the last to leave a message in a thread. You will see the mods hate it, it is like their kryptonite, hush we can't speak of it, read the rules. I did it earlier lol damn ipad to non reloaded pc gets me everytime!

Lol another vendor just bid on the solo for resale no doubt!

SSVUN~YAH,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
my advice is to wait on the purchase til you save up for the one you want vs trying to make due with one in a certain price range. that often leads to other vape purchases and more money spent because you aren't satisfied

When I got my SSV six years ago it seemed very expensive. After six years of heavy use, it seems like a bargin!

The hammer is $125 and it is butane powered but no lighter. I'd grab that over my MFLB any day of the week.

joshmcmillan

Once again I appreciate all of the advice everyone.

Ohh ya and a bunch of butane or a bag full of lighters! The coil is a VG metal vape. It looks like a spring on a trampoline. It breaks down easily for cleaning and uses a smaller version of the patented screen. However some can't hit it properly without combusting or without glass. But when you learn to hit it right, which doesn't take long IMPE with the original VG and coil, you can get bell ringing hits just like the top vapes!

Ps Hit edit below your message to add to it if your the last to leave a message in a thread. You will see the mods hate it, it is like their kryptonite, hush we can't speak of it, read the rules. I did it earlier lol damn ipad to non reloaded pc gets me everytime!

Lol another vendor just bid on the solo for resale no doubt!

That is pretty cool, and not a bad price.. Definitely keeping in mind!

my advice is to wait on the purchase til you save up for the one you want vs trying to make due with one in a certain price range. that often leads to other vape purchases and more money spent because you aren't satisfied

When I got my SSV six years ago it seemed very expensive. After six years of heavy use, it seems like a bargin!

The hammer is $125 and it is butane powered but no lighter. I'd grab that over my MFLB any day of the week.

I'm debating this too, I currently have the money, I'm just not sure I'm wiling to blow $150 on a vape that doesn't have a warranty (unless I buy from authorized eBay seller).

Decisions, decisions...

joshmcmillan,

SSVUN~YAH

I agree, I got my VG original from PIU not long ago. Sadly, they do not carry the VG brand anymore...

SSVUN~YAH,

joshmcmillan

I'd love the solo, just can't do $160 right now. Perhaps I could later on, not anytime soon.

The VG also is still in the back of my mind, just really looking for a butane/lighter free vape. Due to the taste quality, and just the fact I have to remember a lighter every time.

joshmcmillan,

joshmcmillan

This seller on ebay has a 98.6% favorable rating and shipping is free. IMO, you're better off getting a first vape that has a minimal learning curve and excellent performance in every aspect except maybe stealth. He also has a mflb for under $80.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newest-Ariz...818?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232a801e62

I've been watching his eBay closely, he is one of the sellers I'd love to buy from. Actually, earlier today I was looking at his MFLB, it was $75, I believe. The MFLB is still something I'm going to consider, just trying to go its something a bit different.

Any comments on the Palm 2.0 from anyone?

joshmcmillan,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom