Portable that packs a punch like the EVO?

Kanna_Kult

I switched to vaping when I got my evo about 6 months ago, and I love it. Out of all the vapes I've tried (mostly low or mid end portables, a few nice desktop units) the evo is the only one that produces a big enough, dense enough, strong enough hit. Not to mention the amazing flavor. I'm looking for a portable that can deliver hits like that while still preserving at least decent flavor. I've been lookin at the supreme 3, the grasshopper, the davinci iq, the vapcap, and also the crafty/mighty or firefly 2, although those last 3 are a little out of my budget. The evo gives me a nice small buzz off of one elb, I'm looking for something that packs a huge punch and can fully vape a bowl in a few strong milky hits. What do y'all think would be my best bet for $275 or less?

Kanna_Kult,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Milaana is a heavy hitting portable but it is unregulated so your draw style regulates the temperature. It does have a learning curve but once you master it, it's worth the effort. A heavy hitter for a portable. It runs on owner replaceable batteries. It is in your price range. It reminds of a portable log vape.

I just received the Grasshopper. I really like it. Good flavor and very easy to use. You can make it a heavy hitter with the higher temps. It has a high rate of failure though. It does have a lifetime warranty. You do need to pay for shipping to and from if you need to send it in for warranty.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
The Milaana is a heavy hitting portable but it is unregulated so your draw style regulates the temperature. It does have a learning curve but once you master it, it's worth the effort. A heavy hitter for a portable. It runs on owner replaceable batteries. It is in your price range. It reminds of a portable log vape.

I just received the Grasshopper. I really like it. Good flavor and very easy to use. You can make it a heavy hitter with the higher temps. It has a high rate of failure though. It does have a lifetime warranty. You do need to pay for shipping to and from if you need to send it in for warranty.
Only to them for warranty. They pay to ship back (at least right now, confirmed by Hopper Labs). I know it says both ways in the manual ...

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
+1 for Milaana. I've still yet to be more satisfied or get a stronger hit from any portable I've tried. I typically use my firewood for when I need portability... but in terms of power, I haven't tried anything that beats my Milaana.

Morty

I've been lookin at the supreme 3, the grasshopper, the davinci iq, the vapcap, and also the crafty/mighty or firefly 2
I wouldn't consider the Supreme V3 a portable like the others you referenced. It's more of a portable "desktop" that needs a dab or propane torch to heat it up. Now if your looking for something that might top your Evo in terms of potency, SV3 all the way.

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
I LOVE my Grasshoppers, I've gone through a few portables to find anything I like nearly so much. The only issue is reliability, still iffy for some folks, even me, yet I still think they're totally worth it with the lifetime warranty. My problem is I'm trying to use them for daily drivers and I need myself an evo for daily hard use. Hoppers take 5 secs to heat up, give nice milky clouds and yet really conserve on herb because you can take single hits. I could go on and on about my hoppers, I really do love them for so many reasons.

The other portable that I really like is my Focus Pro. It's super reliable, it's conduction, heats up in 15 secs, uses 18650 rechargeable batteries, gives great big milky hits, easy to load and clean. Only $100.00 at PIU.

With both of these units I can get really dark even abv and NEVER worry about combustion with either of them, with no need to stir whatsoever. No need to use any special technique on the draws of either of these units either. Both have easy free draws. Just a couple of options that are working really well for me.

I have a thing about butane, I just don't want to use it, but if you don't mind it, everyone absolutely raves about the vapcaps. I've read so many threads trying to find the best vaporizers for my needs and vapcaps must be really good because so many people swear by them.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Milaana, or even better, Zion! Positively compared to the EVO for the latter by several members having owned both. Incredible vapor density.

biohacker

The Grasshopper is better than the EVO IMO when it works properly. I've posted videos in the thread... much greater vapour density IMO.

The Supreme 3 kicks the living shit out of anything i've ever tried.

Maybe pickup a supreme 3 for $150 and if you have the cash and balls/patience a GH for $200?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Try out a VapCap.
I just ordered a VapCap "M" its only $50 and uses butane, I'm going to use mine with my Woodscents log. I will probably end up using it with butane too. Hopefully I can convince my brother to fuckcombustion.:bang: I'm on a quest.:D He spends too much money on weed.:leaf::sherlock:

Baron23

All great recommendations. Another vote for the milaanas, vapcaps and hoppers. These are the ones getting the most use in my current rotation and I'm the type that needs stealth, quickness and power due to my current living situation.
I don't have a milaana but do a VC and GH and agree with all that's been said above in this thread.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Haze Square to be released and reviewed but it may or may not end up being a top performer.

Tommy10

I don't have a milaana but do a VC and GH and agree with all that's been said above in this thread.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Haze Square to be released and reviewed but it may or may not end up being a top performer.

Which do you feels get better Vapor density?

Tommy10,

little maggie

I second the recommendation for the vapcap M. You can get this for $50 and still get a second vape given the amount you have to spend. With the woodscent you can use the M as a portable with butane and a plug-in. Now that the zion is back on the market you might check that and the tubo.

Baron23

Which do you feels get better Vapor density?
Its very difficult to compare a VC to a GH in terms of vapor density and I rather look at it by the effects from a given size load. I will say that i kind of think my VC OG gets me higher than any other vape with .05 gram loads but this is purely subjective and not really all that clear cut. But the GH and VC are very different devices with very different signatures and the GH works very well with great effects with small loads also

I know the subject is portables but I think my Enano does about as good with a .05 g load as any vape out there (well, I haven't tried them all so take it with a grain of salt.

stinkytofus

Vapor density depends on how much u pack... I pack about .18g in my evo and .15g haze v3 and it produces some clouds, milaana i manage .12 and the clouds are smaller but decent

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Vapor density depends on how much u pack... I pack about .18g in my evo and .15g haze v3 and it produces some clouds, milaana i manage .12 and the clouds are smaller but decent
I get dense vapor from some tiny bowls. My Toasty Island (what a silly name lol) extracts a tiny ss bowl with a real whallop. You have to pull like no tomorrow even through water. You only get 4 or 5 seconds of vapor, but it's so thick it's like smoke. But here's the catch...it's a blast for a few seconds and then the bowl is all cashed out, man. Coffee brown. A Milaana I have seen can whitewall a piece for much longer...even multiple hits from one bowl. That's too much for me. I get loopy and pass out if I do three bowls from one of my logs or vapcap in a row.
I get very dense vapor from a tiny bowl, just not as much vapor as a bigger bowl would give.

Maybe it's all semantics.

P.S. What about the MFLB? lol sorry couldn't resist

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: Alexis

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
SV3 is a total BEAST. It kicks like a pissed off mule, but I wouldn't call it portable.

GH has some serious output, I would agree it can match or rival the output of my Evo but holds less herb. Reliability is a big issue..... mines a paper weight currently.

Just bought a vapcap won't have it for a week or so but from the videos I have seen of the output you really can't go wrong. The M is on sale for $40 and it's a steal for that price given its performance and longevity. No batteries to replace, electronics to goof up, a few spare parts and it should last a lifetime.

little maggie

Here's the sv3 in action.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BP3T7Q1h-AJ/
And every collection should have a vap cap.
The zion is gonna be a evo killer for sure.
I bought one and,although I have several butane vapes, it just made me too nervous. There's a difference between using a torch lighter and an actual large torch. When I find it I'll sell it.
There are a lot of good suggestions. I've already shared my opinion but there are so many good portables I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

little maggie,
Reactions: CarolKing
Top Bottom