• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Portable Rosin Vape?

Elbuort19

I'm disabled and for years I've only gone out in public for weekly Doctor appointments. I've had a few portable flower vapes for vacations but never needed one for out in public because I would medicate, go to an appointment and be back in less than an hour for my next dose. That all changed 6 months ago when I retired/relocated and then hockey started up. With boys in ATOM & Novice I'm at the stadium almost daily, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day which can be 4hrs round trip. I've been medicating and taking an extra oral dose to get me through the longer outings but the last 6 weeks I've been to 4 out of town tournaments and my vapcap (only current portable) has failed me miserably...butane lighter/s in subzero weather not good! I'm also not a fan of using torch lighters in public, not very stealthy and looks sketchy to passersby. Additionally carrying around big bags of weed on the weekends has been smelly if on my person or at risk of theft if left at the hotel. Carrying a couple small jars of rosin seems like a better solution but I've been lost in youtube hell for a week and still haven't pulled the trigger. Someone please put me out of my misery and recommend a good portable rosin setup! lol I would prefer a RDA style rig like the Sai Top Airflow because I think it would be less attention grabbing but its been out for awhile so I'm open to suggestions on what people think works better. BTW not interested in THC ejuice or any form of cartridge just pure rosin portable vapes in RDA or pen form. Thanks!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
When I read the title here something came across my mind... what about a sort of desktop vape using both rosin press tek and heating vaporization system in one unit. I explain myself, you put a small amount of flowers or hasch in the press/heat system which first squish the load and, in the same time, vaporize the goodies on the edges of the puck... so you can dab directly from flowers!

Sorry I'm realizing it's OT since you was asking about something portable... I don't think might idea might works with batteries...

Vaporware

I’ve been trying to figure this out too, and while I do have some interest in 510 attachments like that I’m bothered by what often seems like questionable heaters to me. I don’t like that most get so hot they glow, or the related fact that they’re disposable parts.

My current plan is to try the VapCap concentrate insert which comes out later this week. If you can handle carrying around an induction heater like a Portside Mini or a Flux Deluxe you can avoid the lighter, but anything (including the induction heater) that’s battery powered will have problems if you let it get too cold. If you can keep it near your body or something though, that should help.

Good luck, and I hope other people post some good suggestions too. I’m still open to other options!

I’m sure I’ll at least try the Dynacoil though, and my guess is it’ll work well. :)

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm disabled and for years I've only gone out in public for weekly Doctor appointments. I've had a few portable flower vapes for vacations but never needed one for out in public because I would medicate, go to an appointment and be back in less than an hour for my next dose. That all changed 6 months ago when I retired/relocated and then hockey started up. With boys in ATOM & Novice I'm at the stadium almost daily, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day which can be 4hrs round trip. I've been medicating and taking an extra oral dose to get me through the longer outings but the last 6 weeks I've been to 4 out of town tournaments and my vapcap (only current portable) has failed me miserably...butane lighter/s in subzero weather not good! I'm also not a fan of using torch lighters in public, not very stealthy and looks sketchy to passersby. Additionally carrying around big bags of weed on the weekends has been smelly if on my person or at risk of theft if left at the hotel. Carrying a couple small jars of rosin seems like a better solution but I've been lost in youtube hell for a week and still haven't pulled the trigger. Someone please put me out of my misery and recommend a good portable rosin setup! lol I would prefer a RDA style rig like the Sai Top Airflow because I think it would be less attention grabbing but its been out for awhile so I'm open to suggestions on what people think works better. BTW not interested in THC ejuice or any form of cartridge just pure rosin portable vapes in RDA or pen form. Thanks!
The Sai Top Airflow with a quartz cup, and a DNA250C or DNA75C device really can't be beat in my opinion. I've been using this for a bit, and it's absolutely wonderful! The quartz cup cleans up spotless after each use with just a little distilled water (I keep a little dropper of distilled water with my kit).

I'm using a Lost Vape Paranormal 250C for my mod, but it's more than I need. I think a single cell DNA75C device would be perfectly fine.

The Sai TAF I thought was "ok" when I was running it on my Pico 75 w/ ArcticFox, but since getting the DNA device, it's gone from ok to awesome :) I find there's no burning or harshness, and there's very little waste if any; it's almost as efficient as my 710 banger rig.

This is what I use primarily when travelling (also while out of town for hockey :) ), as well as I use a CO2 oil ccell cart and a distillate cart that I keep with me for at the actual arenas (and use my rosin as my main medication while back at the hotel ... I could use it at an arena, but still a bit of a pain to have to load the quartz bucket and then clean it out with the q-tip after use.

Edit: Oh yeah ... I've used this kit in temperatures from -49C/-56F to about 10C/50F (since it's winter here :) ). Obviously I load it up inside, but then go outside to use, then go back inside to clean. (1 to 2 q-tips depending how thorough you want to be ... you can skip the distilled water part if using it out and about, and just do that when you get back to your "base" ... 3 drops of distilled water ... heat for a few seconds to boiling a couple times, then mop up and comes clean like new ... I take the quartz cup out at the last step to give it a good scrub as I wouldn't want to break the heater underneath ...)

Elbuort19

The Sai Top Airflow with a quartz cup, and a DNA250C or DNA75C device really can't be beat in my opinion. I've been using this for a bit, and it's absolutely wonderful! The quartz cup cleans up spotless after each use with just a little distilled water (I keep a little dropper of distilled water with my kit).

I'm using a Lost Vape Paranormal 250C for my mod, but it's more than I need. I think a single cell DNA75C device would be perfectly fine.

The Sai TAF I thought was "ok" when I was running it on my Pico 75 w/ ArcticFox, but since getting the DNA device, it's gone from ok to awesome :) I find there's no burning or harshness, and there's very little waste if any; it's almost as efficient as my 710 banger rig.

This is what I use primarily when travelling (also while out of town for hockey :) ), as well as I use a CO2 oil ccell cart and a distillate cart that I keep with me for at the actual arenas (and use my rosin as my main medication while back at the hotel ... I could use it at an arena, but still a bit of a pain to have to load the quartz bucket and then clean it out with the q-tip after use.

Edit: Oh yeah ... I've used this kit in temperatures from -49C/-56F to about 10C/50F (since it's winter here :) ). Obviously I load it up inside, but then go outside to use, then go back inside to clean. (1 to 2 q-tips depending how thorough you want to be ... you can skip the distilled water part if using it out and about, and just do that when you get back to your "base" ... 3 drops of distilled water ... heat for a few seconds to boiling a couple times, then mop up and comes clean like new ... I take the quartz cup out at the last step to give it a good scrub as I wouldn't want to break the heater underneath ...)

Have you tried the Ti bucket and if so any pros or cons vs the quartz bucket?

Elbuort19,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Dabtanian

I use a Puffco plus almost daily they are useless in subzero temps.
I'd assume most dab pen style devices would also suffer in cold?
So I would deffo be looking for a box mod and rda for low temps. But no personal experience to chime in past that I'm afraid.

Elbuort19

I'm not a fan of Ti in general for a dabbing surface ... I've heard other people say good things about it, but I can really taste the "metallic" taste.

Yeah I'm the same with Ti but also worried about the durability of quartz in a portable. What happens if you drop it? I assume the quartz bucket will break...? If that's the case a Ti bucket as a backup would be required for weekend trips because I drop stuff a lot.

Elbuort19,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

JCat

Accessory Maker
Yeah I'm the same with Ti but also worried about the durability of quartz in a portable. What happens if you drop it? I assume the quartz bucket will break...? If that's the case a Ti bucket as a backup would be required for weekend trips because I drop stuff a lot.
I think if you drop it either way there's a good chance you will break the mod. I'd be less worried about the quartz bucket that's in there nice and secure and more concerned about the heater, the 510 connection, and the mod itself you are using :)

JCat

Accessory Maker
I think if you drop it either way there's a good chance you will break the mod. I'd be less worried about the quartz bucket that's in there nice and secure and more concerned about the heater, the 510 connection, and the mod itself you are using :)
I have a spare bucket/coil as well as I have the Ti one on me when traveling ... but am still on my original one as I'm yet to break anything.

Elbuort19

Yeah I will have to use a sleeve or something to protect the mod. When I used to vape ejuice I had to rubberize my old 150w Sigelei. Broke a few globes but the box survived.

Think I'm going to go for the Sai Top Airflow with a DNA250C and get both the quartz & Ti bucket. Thanks!

Elbuort19,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
Yeah I will have to use a sleeve or something to protect the mod. When I used to vape ejuice I had to rubberize my old 150w Sigelei. Broke a few globes but the box survived.

Think I'm going to go for the Sai Top Airflow with a DNA250C and get both the quartz & Ti bucket. Thanks!
I don’t think you’ll regret it. It really does work well ...

Elbuort19

I really wanted a smaller mod but couldn't swallow the price of a Rebel so I took advantage of a VD sale and ordered a Paranormal.

I don’t think you’ll regret it. It really does work well ...

At this point I'll take anything. lol Shoot me a PM when you get a chance. Thx!

Elbuort19,
Reactions: JCat

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Ghost’s MV1 is worth considering. I think it works quite well with rosin or flower (no hash to try, but expect it’d do fine), ‘the drill’ is not odious, being able to carry extra crucibles is extremely convenient. I like it. Serious gear.

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: Elbuort19
Top Bottom