1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Portable battery packs ??

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by needalift, May 20, 2014.

1. needalift

needalift Active Member

2. Ratchett

Ratchett Delta 3D Studios Designer Accessory Maker

5200mAH is a lot of juice, but depends on what kind of portable vape?

My Lotus PV uses butane, so no, that won't charge my Lotus.
    My Davinci Ascent PV uses a 12 volt charger, so no, that won't charge my Ascent
    needalift likes this.
  3. needalift

needalift Active Member

I'm looking for something to charge either my inhalater xp or my indica on the go .
  4. Ratchett

Gotcha, can't comment on them (never used either) - but if they use a USB charger, and charge on 5volts, you should be fine.
    needalift likes this.
  5. needalift

needalift Active Member

BTW , I wasn't meaning that exact battery pack , I was just wondering if anybody used anything similar . Maybe I shoulda asked in a specific vaporizer thread ( indica and inhalater xp threads ).
    Ratchett likes this.
  6. CentiZen

CentiZen Evil Genius in Training Accessory Maker

This is a good place to ask since we are only going to see more and more vaporizers that use the USB standard for charging.

As long as the battery pack you are using is capable of supplying the amount of current need to charge (which with USB, should be at least 500mA), then any vaporizer should be able to charge off of it. Might be a little slow to charge at that rate though. I'd recommend going with a battery pack that advertised "iPad" charging; because that means it will be rated at over 2A and will be able to charge anything up quickly.

Just don't skimp, dirt cheap battery packs tend to not be very good at staying within 5V. Don't want to fry anything.
    Ratchett and RUDE BOY like this.
  7. Ratchett

Any vaporizer which charges using 5vdc you mean. Because no matter how big a USB battery pack is, it won't charge a 12vdc vaporizer.
  8. CentiZen

CentiZen Evil Genius in Training Accessory Maker

That's not necessarily true; I've got USB battery packs here in my desk drawer that have both 12v and 5v output jacks on them. The amount of amperage available for the 12v line is fairly low (due to it being directly stepped up from the 5v line), but it does work and I've used it to charge my Solo and use my logs in the past.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors