Portable (at home), efficient, easy-to-handle vape?

johnny_jungle

What is weird for you about the tubo?
It doesn't look very comfortable to hold, it's so wide. And, to my eyes, it's not pretty. And it's made from an ecig mod with 60 days warranty? I dunno.

Though I have to say, more and more, I'm tending towards just using my Vapman more than previously. I wanted to micro-dose anyway, I should be getting off those enormous hits the Vapexhale provides ;) And the Vapman is such a nice piece, I should enjoy it more often.

And maybe I'll try building a portable induction heater and, on success, also get a Vapcap.

My main concern with using a jet lighter are the 'click and jet' noises. If I sit on my patio with a Vapcap and a jet lighter people looking out the apartments above might think I'm holding a crack pipe... Maybe I can find a jet lighter that ignites using some other method that doesn't have the loud click.

EDIT: Actually, I could remove the igniter from a jet lighter and put a candle on the table. Then just activate the jet lighter and light the flame on the candle...

StonerSloth

cui bono?
It doesn't look very comfortable to hold, it's so wide. And, to my eyes, it's not pretty. And it's made from an ecig mod with 60 days warranty? I dunno.

Though I have to say, more and more, I'm tending towards just using my Vapman more than previously. I wanted to micro-dose anyway, I should be getting off those enormous hits the Vapexhale provides ;) And the Vapman is such a nice piece, I should enjoy it more often.

And maybe I'll try building a portable induction heater and, on success, also get a Vapcap.

My main concern with using a jet lighter are the 'click and jet' noises. If I sit on my patio with a Vapcap and a jet lighter people looking out the apartments above might think I'm holding a crack pipe... Maybe I can find a jet lighter that ignites using some other method that doesn't have the loud click.

EDIT: Actually, I could remove the igniter from a jet lighter and put a candle on the table. Then just activate the jet lighter and light the flame on the candle...

Using a vapcap with a torch outdoors is not good for keeping a low profile. It looks pretty bad and the sound can blow your cover. At night when everything else around you is dark, forget it.... Induction heater is the way to go.

The Vapman is the true king of microdosing. I have owned a ton of vapes and no vape can 'make something outta nothing' like the Vapman.

A lot of good suggestions in this thread! FC gives pretty good advice most of the time!

johnny_jungle

Using a vapcap with a torch outdoors is not good for keeping a low profile. It looks pretty bad and the sound can blow your cover. At night when everything else around you is dark, forget it
Yeah, people are pretty chill around here but still. I feel a bit exposed with my Vapman and Torch lighter, even in complete darkness...

A lot of good suggestions in this thread! FC gives pretty good advice most of the time!
Seconded! Thanks for all the great suggestions!

johnny_jungle,
Reactions: lazylathe

Squiby

I'm tending towards just using my Vapman more than previously. I wanted to micro-dose anyway, I should be getting off those enormous hits the Vapexhale provides ;) And the Vapman is such a nice piece, I should enjoy it more often.

My first love was a Vapman. I have three. I bought my first Vapcap almost three years ago and haven't used my beloved Vapmans since. If you like your Vapman, I bet you would love a Vapcap.

The VC vapor is slightly more smooth than the VM.

The VC is fantastic for microdosing and ti tipped models have adjustable screen settings for larger or smaller loads.

Air intake is easier to control/adjust than the VM.

You can add a degummed hemp fiber filter to increase the smooth vapor by blocking any tiny particulates from entering the airpath.

VCs are VERY easily cleaned and no tools are needed.

The VC is The shape and size of a cigarette. Very stealthy and easy to carry as opposed the beautiful but bulky shape of the VM.

The VC has an audible but not loud temperature indicating click.

The VC is modular so you can customize your look and there are stunningly beautiful after market stems available.

The VC can be heated by just about any heat source, from a candle, to a single, double, triple or quad jet lighter to a campfire stick or solar heater or even the wildly popular IH by @Pipes. A Dynavap brand IH will be available very soon and it looks just like a travel mug. My favorite lighter is a single jet flint ingintion lighter. It is about as loud as a bic lighter, no click, just turn the flint wheel. Works like a dream and it's about the same size as a Vapcap.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cylinder-Fl...265150?hash=item4ae61d61be:g:LRsAAOSwq61anRdQ

Here's an Aomai lighter next to a couple VCs sporting titanium anodized stems by @stardustsailor.

B6aypUh.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I always felt the Vapcap was still way more discrete than smoking a joint, so I never found it that sketchy to use. You don't hold the lighter to the VC while inhaling so it doesn't really resemble using a crack pipe.

That said, when I hang out on my patio I still prefer running my desktops off an extension cord lol.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@Squiby makes a really solid case for the vapcap, and I don't disagree at all. I have several and they provide about 75% of my vaping experiences.

They are exceedingly efficient at extraction, and I think if you get the Aomai lighter she suggests, that you'll be very discrete when out and about. It's the piezo click that grabs people's attention. The Aomai uses flint to create a spark to ignite the butane. Much quieter. And once see you twirling the vapcap they'll see it's not a crack pipe.

And being discrete is usually more about how we act. If we're acting like what we're doing is okay and normal it doesn't grab people's attention-they're blind to that. When we act furtive or act like we're doing something wrong people notice. It's just part of our lizard-brain that protects us.

I've been using cannabis openly for 44 years, sometimes in very prohibitive climates, and I've never once had an issue. Even that time I was sitting on 8 oz of weed in Dallas, TX in 1976 when that would have seen me do some hard time. All while talking to a cop.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The portables that I like and use at home are the Magic Flight Launch Box, the Mistvape Touch, the Mistvape Bare Essence, and Vapman. Each one is different, each one has a learning curve and none are perfect which is what lends each its unique characteristics. As far as learning curve, resolving that fast is simply a matter of watching a few YT tutorials. If I were you, I'd immediately get a bare essence while they're still being blown out at 20 dollars apiece shipping included. It's a fun and satisfying vaporizer; the learning curve is determining how much bud per load, torch length and placement and then draw speed. The launch box probably has the steepest learning curve only because it's different, but once you have it you have it and it's then effortless.

Vaporware

It’s also worth noting that Vapexhale had plans to make their own portable.

I don’t know if they still plan to, or what stage of development it might be in, but you might want to check with them and let them know what you’re looking for in a portable in case they haven’t nailed down a design yet.

Vaporware,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
I'm late to the thread as well, But if you choose to go another direction, I might suggest the firewood 5, or the da Vinci Miqro. I also could recommend the Lotus for your needs- even if it is another butane. I second what @invertedisdead mentions about battery vapes- One reason I only had a single battery vape until a few months ago.

Top Bottom