Pollen Presses

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
So, I noticed that we have a herb grinder thread, but no pollen press one.

I wanted to ask what your all's experience was with these nifty gadgets... I'm thinking of going with the space case or mendo presses, but there's also T-handle ones... some look cheap, and I don't want to waste 30-40 bucks, ya know?

this forum has showed me so many things: the mflb, exotic zombie boxes, vaping techniques... I was hoping you all would spread your knowledge like the potent hash oil it is. I will then light it up and inhale your essences and become smarter myself.

I want to press 1g hash cakes. Is that dumb, or not enough for a good cake?

and which press would you all recommend... I've been all around the internet and haven't heard any reliable words.

thank you,

blake

wake n blake,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
i have a sharpstone pollen press. i don't grind my buds anymore before vaping so i don't use it anymore. but when i did it was great but it took a lot of kief to get a decent disc from it. was only like 15 bucks too.

regardless you'll need a lot of kief to get a good tab out of any pollen press.

gettin lifted,

SmokingElectricity

the only reason i press kief is for storage. pressed kief does not work too well in "most" vaporizers. your gonna have to break it up again anyway to vape, so i don't bother with it much these days. now i just store it in a air tight glass container. i have the space case one and it works fine. pretty sure you would need alot more than a gram to have good results with a t-handle press due to their size.

if i was gonna recommend one, i would go with the space case since it's not painted [alot presses i see are painted/colored] comes with a warranty, plus it's nice and sturdy.

SmokingElectricity,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Thanks, electricity.

I actually don't vape hash... it really gums up the screen of my mflb. so I like to make little hashballs and throw them in the bong or my old glass piece (neither of which gets used very often these days).

I did volcano a hash ball the other day, which was very nice... but I hear that doing that frequently results in more screen buying.

wake n blake,

lepstadder

Def spend the money and get a name brand T-press

After spending way to much on crappy ones with plugs and getting a lower quality T-press that was solely designed to take advantage of the fast growing sub culture, us vape enthusiast are well aware of that type of cheep inferior products unfortunately

lepstadder,

SmokingElectricity

this one. my boy has this and makes some super compact discs.

2pcpressmain.png

Magnetic Super Pollen Press<-------

SmokingElectricity,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
I actually just read this:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=47524
and then ordered one from amazon for 27.00 (I paid a little extra for expedited shipping too).
this guy's tutorial uses 1.1g of goods and makes for nice discs, which was exactly what I was looking for.
I will post my findings.

and I almost ordered that, electricity... I liked the magnets.

wake n blake,
Reactions: The Beagle

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
nice, yeah i've heard good things about the clay extruder. I've thought about getting something smaller though, i rarely accumulate much. I come into more bubble and oil for my hash fix, usually just keep kief as kief.

I thought those magnetic handle ones looked cool, but those handles don't come off when you're really torquing it?

lepstadder

That one does look cool but after going through many presses with plastic dowels and even ones with aluminum I advise spending around 100$ and having one that will never get messed up

The plastic dowels under extreme pressure will change shape and either get stuck in the press or never go back in

Or they get resin between the dowel and the press and gets all gummed up

Cant speak about using the clay extruder

Sharpstone, Space Case or the like

I just saw this on ALT http://aqualabtechnologies.com/medical-equipment/presses/420-bags-bubble-press.html

Sounds like a good deal

lepstadder,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
wake n blake said:
and then ordered one from amazon for 27.00 (I paid a little extra for expedited shipping too).
this guy's tutorial uses 1.1g of goods and makes for nice discs, which was exactly what I was looking for.
I will post my findings.

This looks pretty win! I am gonna try it! I will finally have something to use in my eclipse vaaap! Results to post will follow! :D

PS- Thanks for starting this thread Wake, You read my mind!!!

Bluntcrush,

DaProfessor

wake n blake said:
I will post my findings.

Lol, I have three of those things! I use one for clay, one for wax and one for food. Haha, never dawned on me to use them as a kief press. Time to repurpose the food one :D

DaProfessor,
Top Bottom