1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

POLL: What's your favorite section of the supermarket?

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by jeffp, Mar 16, 2010.

1. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

For me it has to be the cereal aisle, for the colors and the artwork. I don't think any other aisle compares.

EveryDayAmnesiac likes this.
  2. sour

sour Well-Known Member

I like the produce section. I'm not a health freak by any stretch of the imagination but I like to include at least some fresh fruits and veggies in each grocery trip. The fragrant scents, bright colors and occasional spray misters are a treat to the senses. In a world of single serving packages and ready-made mixes it's nice to see food in it's natural form, even if it's sometimes grown in the most unnatural ways. I guess the same could be said of the meat deli.

3. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

lol. Kinda like bathrobes and pajamas. I haven't been to a supermarket in ages either but I remember that the fish section always grabbed my attention. Live lobsters in the tank, beautiful fillet's of salmon and blue fin tuna, mountains of crab legs surrounded by oysters, rainbow trout kind of glistening under the lights.............YUM !!!!

4. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

What's been keeping you from the supermarket?

5. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Trader Joes

6. tdavie

tdavie Unconscious Objector

Easily has to be the seafood section. Everything lwien said, and add in the mussels, scallops and clams. Picked up some raw shrimp last night and plunked them down in a tandoori/yogurt marinade and then cooked em on the barbeque.

Tom

7. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

I like the smell and the ambiance of the seafood department but visually i find the cereal section to be the most psychedelic part of the supermarket.

8. Plotinus

Plotinus Well-Known Member

first of all let me just say that jeff, you always post the most enjoyable threads. keep it up.

second this has brought back wonderful memories of last year, when I did all of my shopping here:
    [​IMG]

And if that seems wacky to you, remember that the full market is about 5 times the size of that one aisle pictured in the photo, and it's all outdoor (just with a roof covering).

9. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

thanks and amazing photo - is that Israel?
    here's my neck of the woods and its attendant supermarket - exterior view:
    [​IMG]

10. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

.... and very exciting

[​IMG]

11. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Jeff, no offense, but that looks like it's one step above North Korea. ;) (the pick above the TJ pic) lol

12. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

That's Queens Boulevard - its pet name is "The Boulevard Of Death."

[​IMG]

13. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

actually if you wanted to go to the supermarket or Trader Joe's but couldn't get it together, here's an alternative:

[​IMG]

14. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

This ain't your mama's Baskin Robbins !!

[​IMG]

15. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

I concur, but this could have been your mama's butcher...or mine.

[​IMG]

16. SkeletonLips

SkeletonLips Mr.

:o Holy Crap, lwien! I've never seen anything like that in my life. It's beautiful...
    Oh, and my favorite section of the grocery store is the cereal isle, also. So many childhood memories...Saturdays and the cartoons they brought... Fighting with my brothers over who gets the toy inside... Sending in UPC codes + shipping and handling for little gizmos I just had to have.

17. sour

sour Well-Known Member

Hey some of those are delicious! The one called "Ham Steak" is awesome. Had a few while I was in the field during my tour in the army. used to trade around till I got one I liked.

18. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Which just goes to prove, we can adapt to just about anything.:/

19. Plotinus

Plotinus Well-Known Member

Yeah that's the big central market in Jerusalem where everybody does their produce shopping -- and if you're lucky to live close, like I was, where you do all of your shopping. I didn't even have a full size refrigerator in my place because the market was a 30 second walk away. Sure do miss it.

Here's another picture. Thank god I wasn't vaping while I was over there, or it would have been impossible to walk away from all the places that look like this without going broke:
    [​IMG]

20. DevoTheStrange

DevoTheStrange Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!

my favorite section of the supermarket is the Foreign cuisine aisle. I always try to find one in any market I go to.... unless its a foreign food market then I'm totally blissed out.

21. EveryDayAmnesiac

EveryDayAmnesiac I am a stupid asshole.

I like a good farmer's market or what have you as much as the next guy, but sometimes I do indeed crave the supermarket vibe.

I tell you, I spend a good half hour each time in the International Cheese section. So many kinds of cheese! Stuff I've never tried. Stuff I've never heard of. Stuff I could never afford. Stuff so smelly it would make my head spin. Talk about psychedelic! :lol:

Cheese! Cheese! Cheese!

Remember that old Seinfeld bit where George thinks the apex of bachelorhood is being able to bite into a big block of cheese? That's me.

Also, I was disappointed that there was no actual poll. :cuss:

SSVUN~YAH likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors