Poll: Do you consume less weed now that you are vaping?

lwien

See title.

For me............yes. Overall consumption down by over 50% than when I smoked.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
yep... I consume less weed, but also partake more often than I would if I had smoked... so less herb used, but used more often if that makes sense

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

DevoTheStrange said:
yep... I consume less weed, but also partake more often than I would if I had smoked... so less herb used, but used more often if that makes sense
So, is your overall consumption up or down or about the same?

lwien,

vape4health

I'm the same as you Devo , seams like I vape all day long but still I'm buying less then half I was when smoking .

So yes , I consume about 1/4 the amount I did befor vaping . I was smoking like one oz a week of mids , when I got the DBV it went to about 1/2 zip a week , then I got the WDZ now I'm at about 1/4 a week of mids and I still blaze whenever I feel like it .

vape4health,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
lwien said:
DevoTheStrange said:
So, is your overall consumption up or down or about the same?
My consumption is down, in terms of over all product sent through the vape vs smoking.
What I meant was, On the tiny amount I am using I can have several vape sessions on it, if I were too smoke it... would be gone in one session.
Like with the PD, that is like half if not a third of what I would put into a normal bong hit (Single hit set up) if I were going too smoke it.
I can vape more often.... more sessions getting stoned... off of less weed. If I were too smoke it I would consume more to get just as high as I am getting off of a tiny amount of vaped weed.

However I must add... I recently had too send my PD off too Tom too get looked at, and since then my consumption of herb has gone up slightly.... why? my other vapes are not as efficient as what I experience with my PD

DevoTheStrange,

aero18

vaporist
I definitely would not be indulging in cannabis if the only practical method for me was smoking it. I definitely do indulge now that I have a vaporizer though. I do keep myself from vaporizing every day, so the 'amount' of herb smoked/vaped would probably be the same.

I just get high more often.

aero18,

Beezleb

aero18 said:
I definitely would not be indulging in cannabis if the only practical method for me was smoking it. I definitely do indulge now that I have a vaporizer though. I do keep myself from vaporizing every day, so the 'amount' of herb smoked/vaped would probably be the same.

I just get high more often.
Thats what I do, just get high more often. A vaporizer is only a tool. It is merely part of the equation if someone will or will not save money on herb.

Beezleb,

albe

not yet for me, still on my volcano (soon to switch to an ssv) which consumes a lot more than when i was smoking j's. But compared to when i was using bongs, i'd say for sure its less ... probably by about a 1/4. I agree with the above that i am getting high more often now though.

A friend who i hooked up with a Herbalaire is using at least half as much as when she was using a bong. Probably less even as those sleepy carbon-monoxide laced sessions have been replaced by a much more productive vaping high. I know i can have a vape in the morning, still do stuff during the day, whereas before i was couch-locked and the day was gone the moment my bowl was filled...

albe,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
The same amount of stuff (an eigth) now lasts me maybe a couple more days.

Happycamper,

Raf007

Retailer
albe said:
not yet for me, still on my volcano. I agree with the above that i am getting high more often now though.
Me too !!
Wonder why. As I liked to roll fattys I still like to pack big bowls (0.4 to 0.8) with my Volcano.
Wich lasts between 10 to 50 min depending on how fast I want to get high.
And It's so good and almost ealthy that I vape all day long. :D
So an eight would not even last a couple days...
But sometimes I wonder if another vapo or another way of using it would save more weed.
But I don't use more either btw.

Raf007,

the electrician

Probably getting away with using half as much, maybe less. excellent of course because im the type of man who would smoke/vape all day every day. As an added bonus since moving the prices have more or less halved as well. I must saving like a rare one

the electrician,

albe

Raf007 said:
albe said:
not yet for me, still on my volcano. I agree with the above that i am getting high more often now though.
Me too !!
Wonder why. As I liked to roll fattys I still like to pack big bowls (0.4 to 0.8) with my Volcano.
Wich lasts between 10 to 50 min depending on how fast I want to get high.
i'm experimenting a bit with the cano to tide me over till the new vape arrives back home...
initially i was packing smaller bowls thinking it'd be more efficient, ie just covering the screen. Now i'm starting to think slightly more is better as i get more bowls out of it. Also using a smaller bag which means i'm refilling it more often, but getting more bags. The larger bag that came with it is really only good for group sessions, tho i did find i could hit it after an hour even and still get some goodness from it.

albe,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I would say that my consumption has gone down quite a bit (or at least what I have seen thus far)
4-5g can last me up to 2 weeks on average now. I would say thats a definite improvement over combusting.

Not to mention, I can more easily take my stuff on the road if I want. (And still use less!)

AGBeer,

Raf007

Retailer
albe said:
i'm experimenting a bit with the cano to tide me over till the new vape arrives back home...
initially i was packing smaller bowls thinking it'd be more efficient, ie just covering the screen. Now i'm starting to think slightly more is better as i get more bowls out of it. Also using a smaller bag which means i'm refilling it more often, but getting more bags. The larger bag that came with it is really only good for group sessions, tho i did find i could hit it after an hour even and still get some goodness from it.
I long forgot how the bag that came with it was :) but like u i find that smaller bags ( for me its 30 to 45cm) are handier and keep the taste longer (coz of the heat not being so constant for a long time).

And since this post I started to try putting less stuff, like juste covering the sreen. And thinking about it, if I had some real quality it would maybe be work better :D (coz in France it's really hard and unusual to get some A grade.) but right now, I still need to put more I think.

What's the new one u're waiting for ?

Raf007,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
I still consume about the same amount, maybe slightly less. approx 2 grams a day.

but I get way higher than ever before. plus the taste is incredible. and the high is more satisfying.

Persona Non Grata,

albe

Raf007 said:
waiting on my ssv to return from the shop, my first whip type vape hehe (also have an iolite, great for the outdoors as its summer here)

albe,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I can say my consumption almost doubled since I've had too send my PD away, get it back hopefully mon-tues. shipped back too me yesterday. Which is awesome because that means I won't burn through so much herb any more. Just a Few more days.. :brow:

DevoTheStrange,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Overall, I use more weed since getting my Iolite (wonder what it will be like when I get the Extreme-Q?), but that is because I am vaping more since I really did not like combusting. But, to get high, I use less. And I can stay high for a longer period of time.

Last night after vaping, I 'lost' my Iolite at my girfriend's house, so I had to use a stone pipe. First time combusting in over a month. It was harsh and I was surprised to see how quickly 0.25g disappeared. Another thing I didn't like was that I could not control my 'high'; it came on all at once, and I got more of a head rush than a body stone (I prefer the body stone).

Overall, I use more.

Tom

tdavie,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Wow!:o I really feel better about my consumption now. How does that dude blaze through a 1/4 of mids a week?! I've really cut down my consumption I find now, I probabaly get though 1 g of kb or high grade a week and that's vaping a small bowl in the vb in the morning and at night usually. Back when I was smoking I remember one day me and my friend got 4 gs of high grade and we ended up getting though it in like 5 days. Wow man I'm really glad I found vaping, I'm vaping prob a 1/4 of what I used to, more often, the highs better and no harmful biproducts from smoking.
And I thought I spent a lot on weed!:D

wowthisisrandom,

vape4health

I was smoking for a good 13 years or so and vaping was the first thing I have found that cut it down , and dam did it .

vape4health,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
wowthisisrandom said:
Wow!:o I really feel better about my consumption now. How does that dude blaze through a 1/4 of mids a week?!
My girlfriend smokes about an ounce a month of high grade (dunno what the term is...dank?). She'll smoke more if the quality is less. But then she's medically retired at the age of 45, and she can (and does) smoke from waking until going to bed.

1/2 lasts me about a month (but I'm grinding weed in her pollen collector so my consumption is probably less).

Tom

tdavie,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I'm with Devo on this, I use less weed but get high more frequently. It's a win, win. Best purchase I have made for consumption was the PD.

The_Other_Shoe,

Raf007

Retailer
albe said:
Raf007 said:
waiting on my ssv to return from the shop, my first whip type vape hehe (also have an iolite, great for the outdoors as its summer here)
Yeah I love the iolite for outside.

It really seems like those whip tipes are saving weed according to what people say here.
Hope I'll try one someday :D

Raf007,
Top Bottom