Pokey Sticks

jaynick

toothpicks suck quality bamboo is good because it doesnt break screens but u need to whittle the tip to keep it sharp.
its hard to find a metal stirrer with a good tip not to poke holes or tear and also to have a handle.

jaynick,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Lol well one of my buddy's said he wanted five and threw me a twenty if I bought them, so what the heck, 20 to tinker with my extra 100 or so metal and glass screens.

SSVUN~YAH,
I really like using surgical tweezers as a poker. I can throw a whole nug in a stem and crush easily after a few inhales. The bottom end is great for stirring.

kingofnull,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

lwien

I really like the LSV poker and I really don't have any reason why. It's sharp as hell, and has a really nice balance weight to it. Sounds like I'm describing a fucking knife, but it just feels right and does the job.

lwien,
I really like the LSV poker and I really don't have any reason why. It's sharp as hell, and has a really nice balance weight to it. Sounds like I'm describing a fucking knife, but it just feels right and does the job.
I don't really prefer straight pokers and I don't really have any reason why.

kingofnull,

Tweek

I just dump the hot stuff in my palm and grind it up. I have gorilla hands covered in asbestos, so it's all good.

Otherwise, those pokers look nice. Just can't see what I would do with 25. Might be ok for a group buy.

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
for my SSV I got a tool from the tobacco shop for cheap that looks kind of like this:
Czech-Folding-Pipe-Tool__84599.png

works great and you can push stuff down with the bent over part

SSVUN~YAH

Yup got one of those too! The spoon is great for kief or other stuff:huh::shrug:;) however, the reamer is too big on mine for my ssv wand. Was two bucks at local store.

SSVUN~YAH,

satyrday

I bought a vape at vapeworld years ago and it came with a couple of free stir tools with pearlized handles - like long skinny spoons with a kind of twisted metal sort of handle. They were really nice quality so I ordered some more from them a year later and those were terribly crap quality. They felt like they were made from the cheapest pot metal with sharp rough edges.

If anybody can recommend a good place to buy this kind of stir tool cheap but with decent quality please post here. I want cheap but not cheap.

Edit: swirled or rotated metal up the shaft is a better description than twisted metal - gives it strength

satyrday,

Bouldorado

I bought a vape at vapeworld years ago and it came with a couple of free stir tools with pearlized handles - like long skinny spoons with a kind of twisted metal sort of handle. They were really nice quality so I ordered some more from them a year later and those were terribly crap quality. They felt like they were made from the cheapest pot metal with sharp rough edges.

If anybody can recommend a good place to buy this kind of stir tool cheap but with decent quality please post here. I want cheap but not cheap.

I'd look on ebay. Search for "wax carvers" or "dental picks". May not be exactly what you're looking for, but they're cheap and fairly high quality.

satyrday

I'd look on ebay. Search for "wax carvers" or "dental picks". May not be exactly what you're looking for, but they're cheap and fairly high quality.
Thanks good suggestion - might try these sometime.

Right now I'm looking more for a little spoon on the end.

Edit: Here's what I am looking for but afraid this is the newer crap version - if anyone can vouch for it let me know:
http://www.gotvape.com/vaporizer/vaporizer-accessories/stir-tools-pearl-handle-2-pk.html

satyrday,

SSVUN~YAH

for my SSV I got a tool from the tobacco shop for cheap that looks kind of like this:
Czech-Folding-Pipe-Tool__84599.png

works great and you can push stuff down with the bent over part

Found that exact tool at a local supermarket! It fits perfect in my gg ssv wand, life is good, thanks vaporonly!

SSVUN~YAH,

SSVUN~YAH

Got the pokers in and the mushroom tops are way bigger compared to ssv's mushroom pokers, like 3x as big. So they won't be used well as a tamp for many wands, I could see them as a useful tamp in a medium to large bowl or slide piece for those who combust. They are pretty cool looking. When you turn out the lights they glow good, especially the all white ones. Actually the white areas are the only glowing parts of every unit. Some glow better than others. All except for white glow in different swirl like patterns. Kinda trippy! The utensil above is a much better tool for half the price.

SSVUN~YAH,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It's also good for concentrates.
The sharp side for dabbing, the scoop side for keif.

It's a pretty versatile little tool.
:tup:

Frederick McGuire,

SSVUN~YAH

Not bad form at all IMO, thanks for the response. I agree, the spoon or scoopula style end is a must for at least one side.

SSVUN~YAH,

satyrday

Not bad form at all IMO, thanks for the response. I agree, the spoon or scoopula style end is a must for at least one side.
After using these for a few days, I am more and more appreciating the quality. Feels like high quality spring steel - Japanese made. They are long enough at 6" to double as a pipe cleaner on some equipment. Spoon end on one side, scraper on the other.

Tamiya Paint Stirrer

Apparently there are some bad knock-offs out there with the same looking packaging, but made by U-Star. Fortunately the knock-off packaging I've seen says U-Star and not Tamiya, so you should be able to spot the bogus ones.

SSVUN~YAH

Just got this from Marlboro, I don't smoke anymore but my friends do so I give them the coupons. Going to use it as an abv keeper for my VG and VG coil. I got the sweet one in the middle in homage to my new favorite state!

Also got these from Marlboro as well, some new free pokey sticks yayaa!!!

SSVUN~YAH,

olivianewtonjohn

Anything wrong with just keeping a toothpick in my prescription bottle (abv jar)? Seems to fit perfectly in the jar and gets the job done.

olivianewtonjohn,

SSVUN~YAH

Kind of boring but inexpensive, could whittle your own that would be cool...

SSVUN~YAH,
Top Bottom