Pocket size torch lighters

natural farmer

Honest torches that come with the Lotus are just great. I rotate between 4-5 of them and don't have any issues. Great range of adjustability as well! I have gotten about two dozens of them through the last couple of years and few of them didn't work as they should. But most of them do and thy are dirt cheap from dx.com or other Chinese shops. :tup:

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Would you guys believe these things are almost impossible to buy in my location. I went searching on Saturday. I only found one and it cost the equivalent of $116 plus I still needed to buy butane. Damn. I have an oil rig that I got by mistake and I have some oil at home. I just can't find a torch to get the thing going :rant::doh: I will have to order one from my Chinese neighbours :)

For an oil rig, I think you would want a hotter torch. How about this one? Gets great reviews.
http://www.dx.com/p/honest-extra-large-butane-jet-workshop-torch-6824
Also on fasttech.
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10003015/1226400-honest-extra-large-butane-jet-workshop-torch
I think I'm gonna get me one of these.

Honest torches that come with the Lotus are just great. I rotate between 4-5 of them and don't have any issues. Great range of adjustability as well! I have gotten about two dozens of them through the last couple of years and few of them didn't work as they should. But most of them do and thy are dirt cheap from dx.com or other Chinese shops. :tup:

Yeah, I finally got to use my Lotus last night, and the basic Honest torch is my favorite. Althought I'm thinking of the Zico or Jobon as well.

pigfoot,
Reactions: cybrguy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I like the standard honest torch that came with my lotus, but need a backup so I just ordered a $3 (inc. shipping) model from dx.com, they have quite the selection for a little more though. We'll see if it compares.
Some of the torches are really inexpensive by comparison. But it is good to find a inexpensive source too, as the prices range widely for similar or identical torches. I have seen the Rico, for example, sell for up to $25.
I am struggling to not order that upgrade Honest from DX for $6.88 delivered... ;)

cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Holy Jamoke! And it says 91 sold. I guess there is one born every minute.

It looks like a decimal point error to me. I got mine for $9.98

Edit: If anyone is looking for the Butane Screw Thing, Lighters Direct is selling it for $8.95 and free USPS shipping. I got tired of looking for something handy to adjust and purge my lighters...
http://www.lightersdirect.com/Lighter+Accessories.1542/Butane+Lighter+Tool.13592.html

Last edited:
cybrguy,
Reactions: grokit

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
So I picked up the BB&B torch today. Had a heck of a time finding it, sales guy finally helped me. He sez "man we've been selling a bunch of these lately". He was a young guy with a bunch of tats, but I guess he doesn't know why :lol:

I tried filling it with my Xikar can, the nozzle fits fine on my Honest torches, but didn't seem to fit the BB&B.
There was a bit of "backspray". I got some in, 'cause it will work, but I think I need another adapter or something. Any idea what I should get?

pigfoot,
Reactions: Morty

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
So I picked up the BB&B torch today. Had a heck of a time finding it, sales guy finally helped me. He sez "man we've been selling a bunch of these lately". He was a young guy with a bunch of tats, but I guess he doesn't know why :lol:

I tried filling it with my Xikar can, the nozzle fits fine on my Honest torches, but didn't seem to fit the BB&B.
There was a bit of "backspray". I got some in, 'cause it will work, but I think I need another adapter or something. Any idea what I should get?

Don't know about Xikar, but other butane cans come with adapters built into the cap - there should be one that fits your torch

Delta3DStudios,

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Yeah, mine didn't come with adapters. The fill tube is "stepped". Looks like it could be cut to make it wider, but then it might not fit the other torches. Anybody got one of those adapters laying around :cool: ?

pigfoot,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Vector includes them inside the cap. I'm a little surprised that Xicar doesn't include any, but I haven't needed one for either of the 4 torches I bought. The stem in the can just fits.
2w50z61.jpg

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Vector includes them inside the cap. I'm a little surprised that Xicar doesn't include any, but I haven't needed one for either of the 4 torches I bought. The stem in the can just fits.
2w50z61.jpg

Yeah, I went a got another tank of gas that has these attachments. Turns out the bare stem works best.:| The BB&B torch just sprays a bit when filling. I wonder if that's normal for these?

walrus

Yeah, I went a got another tank of gas that has these attachments. Turns out the bare stem works best.:| The BB&B torch just sprays a bit when filling. I wonder if that's normal for these?

Mine doesn't spray back at all. Maybe a little at the end when it's completely full. Did you try purging it fully before filling?

walrus,

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Well, it did that from the beginning, when it was completely empty. Haven't refilled it yet.

pigfoot,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
How long does it usually take to get something in the US from DX? Free shipping option.

cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What other 90° angled torches do you guys like other than the pistol grip Jobon?

cybrguy,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
What other 90° angled torches do you guys like other than the pistol grip Jobon?

I have a Jobon "Premium Torch" - it was listed by only 1 seller, I'll try to find it.... ah Here it is

And I have the Zico T-38 which I use with my Lotus. They're both nice torches, reliable and consistent, though the T-38 holds about 2x the butane of my Jobon.

My Torch Acquisition Syndrome (TAS) has settled down since I've switched daily drivers (Nano FTW!). But I carry those two torches everywhere with my Lotus (I leave my Sleek Honest torch at home).

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: grokit

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have a Jobon "Premium Torch" - it was listed by only 1 seller, I'll try to find it.... ah Here it is

And I have the Zico T-38 which I use with my Lotus. They're both nice torches, reliable and consistent, though the T-38 holds about 2x the butane of my Jobon.

My Torch Acquisition Syndrome (TAS) has settled down since I've switched daily drivers (Nano FTW!). But I carry those two torches everywhere with my Lotus (I leave my Sleek Honest torch at home).
That Premium looks nice. It looks like it is a 45° angle like most of the torches out there. 3 out of the 4 torches I have (the Zico you mentioned, the Honest that came with my Lotus and another no-name) are 45° angles, with my last one (post #12 in this thread) is 90°. I think the 90° are a little easier to use with the Lotus, tho I don't love the one I have so I am looking for another. My Lotus is on sabbatical so I am in no hurry to find another 90° guy, but if I end up getting it from DX the Lotus will be back LONG before it gets here. And MY TAS still has a hold on me. Here I am looking for another when my last order hasn't yet arrived. :)

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Yeah, I have only 1 90degree torch and it's a jobon (dual mode - torch and flame) - but the torch sucks - doesn't have a pointy tip (heat spread is too wide, doesn't heat the lotus fast enough)

Delta3DStudios,

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
@pigfoot my BB&B torch leaks back when filling too. Not sure why. The Capital n-Butane stem fits well but still blows back when filling.
Thanks for the info. I tried a 2nd can (not Capital), made no difference. It seems to be getting less? I'm not worried, since I can always exchange it.

pigfoot,
Reactions: DieHard

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, I have only 1 90degree torch and it's a jobon (dual mode - torch and flame) - but the torch sucks - doesn't have a pointy tip (heat spread is too wide, doesn't heat the lotus fast enough)
That is the pistol grip one, right? Your comment is why I haven't ordered it yet. The adjustment that changes it from a regular flame to the torch flame being available may interfere with it getting a precision point. Dunno.
I am still looking for a better one.

cybrguy,
Reactions: ataxian

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
That is the pistol grip one, right? Your comment is why I haven't ordered it yet. The adjustment that changes it from a regular flame to the torch flame being available may interfere with it getting a precision point. Dunno.
I am still looking for a better one.

Yes, It's a Jobon ZB-529. Yes there is an adjustment switch on the top to change between flame types - and yes, I suspect this why I am not getting a super pointy tip on the inside flame. I would suggest you avoid this torch, even though it looks cool:

sku_131177_1.jpg

Top Bottom