dzoinp

Accessory Maker
dzoinp,

Firebaall

Thanks for clearing that up. I pretty much expected that to be the case.

Just got my Plenty, and bought a bunch of accessories to go with it. The whip I ended up buying uses that typical sticky silicone tubing. Pet hair magnet...

I hear that's not the case with the S&B tubing. The 3x tube set with the replacement mouthpieces seems to be the goat to purchase. :)

I'm loving this thing.

hujdimislav

Hi everybody,

I've been looking at a Plenty for some time now, it is always at the back of my mind somehow.
Now I have an opportunity to buy a used one (according to the owner used only once and looking at the pictures it looks brand new), but I am not completely sure, he is asking 150 euros shipped.

The box is blue, and the serial number starts with P 011 - xxx, is it a new or an old version of the Plenty?
I know the difference is small, but I've been hearing that the new version can reach higher temperatures.
How much better is the newer version? Is it a deal-breaker?

Pricing aside, what I really want is a different vape experience (signature), and if it is a strong and potent one, I'm all in.

Is Plenty gonna provide a different experience from the vapes in my signature?

Help me, people, VAS is strong ;)

Thanks in advance.

hujdimislav,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Sparkpug

Hi everybody,

I've been looking at a Plenty for some time now, it is always at the back of my mind somehow.
Pricing aside, what I really want is a different vape experience (signature), and if it is a strong and potent one, I'm all in.

Is Plenty gonna provide a different experience from the vapes in my signature?

Help me, people, VAS is strong ;)

I have the same issue. I wanted a Plenty but chose the Mighty and didn't really care for the portable experience. I then got an E-Nano and it killed off the VAS for a while but now I am back to wanting a Plenty.

I wanted it ever since I saw the Vape Critic review it. One of his recent videos claiming it is really underrated has me really wanting one now even though I'm not going to share and I'm not really a session vaper. I can run my Nano on high heat to get a feel close to combustion but The Vape Critic saying the Plenty can get there too makes me desire one even more. The timing is good now, I can force myself to wait and see if there'll be any sales incoming.

david8613

I say get it, you won't regret it. its not the prettiest unit on the block, but in my opinion I think it looks very cool, its design is like an old school American muscle car. its the hardest hitting vape I have, but its also very versatile in way that you can fill the large bowl all the way and go crazy with friends and have a lot of fun, or you can do a medium bowl with half pack with the liquid pad, and if you really want to you can micro dose too, just get the dosing capsule kit from storz and bickle and go light weight style, plus you can use the same dosing capsules with your mighty, which I also do. I use the storz and bickle loading kit and I can have 40 dosing caps ready in less than 10 minutes very convenient. the only negative I can say about the mighty is I wish the temperature dial screen had a back light or at least glowed in the dark, I use my vapes in bed at night I would like to see the temperature even though the plenty is kind of a set it and forget it type vape, it would be cool to see the temperature dial in the dark. I guess this last quibble is a good thing and bad at the same time for me, the power cord is very thick and very stiff, it a little hard move around with it. those 2 gripes are very minor compared to what the plenty can do! it chugs huge very nice tasting cool vapor easily. its like there is no end with vapor production, it has zero resistance very free flowing vape, its very easy to inhale too much vapor and cough because of the volume of vapor she can produce, I usually lower the temperature when this happens to new users. I keep her around 5 or 6 on the temperature dial. perfectly vaped avb, she gets all the goodies out. very easy to load, not too hard to clean except the cooling tube can be a little more work if you use it a lot, and the parts are super cheap for it. you can tell the plenty is very heavy duty build wise, so you should get many years of service. everything the vape critic says is true about the plenty. I lend mine to friends sometimes to try and convert smokers and they never want to give it back to me seriously!!! lol. the plenty gets a lot of attention when I bring out too its very different a good conversation starter for sure, this is one vape I will never sell.

Last edited:

Sparkpug

Thanks @david8613 I am sold.

You also mentioned something I want to use this specifically for. It will likely go on my bedside table for nighttime use and for those times when I wake up and all my toes are cramping and there's no way I'm making it to my Nano. Having my dosing capsules filled with various strains specifically for that is also super appealing.

Sparkpug,
Reactions: david8613

david8613

Thanks @david8613 I am sold.

You also mentioned something I want to use this specifically for. It will likely go on my bedside table for nighttime use and for those times when I wake up and all my toes are cramping and there's no way I'm making it to my Nano. Having my dosing capsules filled with various strains specifically for that is also super appealing.

It is! I know alot of people dont like dosing capsules. I do for lots of reasons, like I said I can load 40 caps in 10 mins with the s&b loading kit which is so easy, it even comes with a handy scale to weigh everything. I throw the forty caps in a small ball mason jar and I just pop them in and out when I need to. I dont have to grind my herb each time I want to vape, my fingers don't get as smelly, it's less smell overall while loading even though I love the smell, lol. It also keeps my plenty and mighty super clean. Using the preloaded caps i get consistent results everytime. If i feel my session is not enough for me, I just pop in another cap its just so quick, no fussing, no grinding, or loading tamping making a mess. The caps do get bent sometimes, I just use the end of a pen or pencil to bend it back to shape, and caps are super cheap to replace too. Another reason I like caps is I like to keep all my avb for making edibles, with dosing caps I never have to throw away my avb even when I'm on the road, I just put vaped dosing cap back in my jar and transfer avb to a my main avb container at home, No waste.

Last edited:
david8613,
Reactions: Sparkpug

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Your S&B brush is good for flattening/shaping out of whack dosing caps:tup:.
I only use my caps with my Mighty but can see why some may use them.
I wake up and all my toes are cramping
No good for that, too slow to get to temp, you need on-demand for instant pain relief in that situation, a Vapcap heated with an IH is nice and quick:myday:

readyman

I say get it, you won't regret it. its not the prettiest unit on the block, but in my opinion I think it looks very cool, its design is like an old school American muscle car. its the hardest hitting vape I have, but its also very versatile in way that you can fill the large bowl all the way and go crazy with friends and have a lot of fun, or you can do a medium bowl with half pack with the liquid pad, and if you really want to you can micro dose too, just get the dosing capsule kit from storz and bickle and go light weight style, plus you can use the same dosing capsules with your mighty, which I also do. I use the storz and bickle loading kit and I can have 40 dosing caps ready in less than 10 minutes very convenient. the only negative I can say about the mighty is I wish the temperature dial screen had a back light or at least glowed in the dark, I use my vapes in bed at night I would like to see the temperature even though the plenty is kind of a set it and forget it type vape, it would be cool to see the temperature dial in the dark. I guess this last quibble is a good thing and bad at the same time for me, the power cord is very thick and very stiff, it a little hard move around with it. those 2 gripes are very minor compared to what the plenty can do! it chugs huge very nice tasting cool vapor easily. its like there is no end with vapor production, it has zero resistance very free flowing vape, its very easy to inhale too much vapor and cough because of the volume of vapor she can produce, I usually lower the temperature when this happens to new users. I keep her around 5 or 6 on the temperature dial. perfectly vaped avb, she gets all the goodies out. very easy to load, not too hard to clean except the cooling tube can be a little more work if you use it a lot, and the parts are super cheap for it. you can tell the plenty is very heavy duty build wise, so you should get many years of service. everything the vape critic says is true about the plenty. I lend mine to friends sometimes to try and convert smokers and they never want to give it back to me seriously!!! lol. the plenty gets a lot of attention when I bring out too its very different a good conversation starter for sure, this is one vape I will never sell.
WOW that tells it all the Plenty is like no other

readyman,
Reactions: david8613

Sparkpug

Your S&B brush is good for flattening/shaping out of whack dosing caps:tup:.
I only use my caps with my Mighty but can see why some may use them.

No good for that, too slow to get to temp, you need on-demand for instant pain relief in that situation, a Vapcap heated with an IH is nice and quick:myday:

Yeah, the slow heatup time. That's what makes the E-Nano great if you leave it on 24/7 and hope it just doesn't happen to be the night you turned it off for some reason. It's also a pain to hobble over there and get set up atm (it's in the office but the room is a mess and I don't always make it in the dark.) A vapcap won't work so well. It's hard to hold since my fingers are in a fixed position (make a claw, then pretend your bones are fixed like that, then use your imagination to surgically alter a few for better and worse.)

I did use the Mighty for that however. It worked fine despite its kinda long heatup time too.

I also just want it. I started casually watching and reading reviews again a few months ago and now I've seen many multiple times.

I love the S&B brush. I use it with everything. It fits into the E-nano stems perfectly.

Sparkpug,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Firebaall

I'm having a lot of fun testing mine out.

I keep going back and forth between using the dosing cap reducer and regular filling chamber. Coming from a dosing cap background as a Mighty user, I'm thinking the reducer is my favourite.

That got me to thinking... how hot is the dosing cap/reducing chamber getting? The temp gauge will hit the 420F mark in the red, when the dial is set to 7...

Using an infrared thermometer, I found it was just about 200F on the nose of the dosing cap.

If I had one critique on the Plenty, it would be the max temperature. With a bit more heat, and maybe a chamber mod, this thing could have been really nice for hash, as well as flower.

Last edited:
Firebaall,
Reactions: Sparkpug

LesPlenty

Company Rep
make a claw, then pretend your bones are fixed like that, then use your imagination to surgically alter a few for better and worse.)
Not a problem, no spinning or any of that bullshit required with a torch when using an IH with a vapcap.:myday:

If you have a full bowl just before bed of some decent indica in the Plenty you will probably sleep through the cramped foot and not need a quick fix anyway.:lol:

Edit, smelling of bullshit.:haw:

Last edited:

Sparkpug

Not a problem, no spinning or any of that billshit required with a torch when using an IH with a vapcap.:myday:

If you have a full bowl just before bed of some decent indica in the Plenty you will probably sleep through the cramped foot and not need a quick fix anyway.:lol:

I've been looking at the Dynavap today. It might be viable. I can mostly use it in my left hand and it isn't smooth so there's less dropping risk. I can't reliably hold and manipulate a chapstick tube in my right hand w/out dropping it. The IH would make torch juggling a non-issue. I may have to get this setup too.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have the same issue. I wanted a Plenty but chose the Mighty and didn't really care for the portable experience. I then got an E-Nano and it killed off the VAS for a while but now I am back to wanting a Plenty.

I wanted it ever since I saw the Vape Critic review it. One of his recent videos claiming it is really underrated has me really wanting one now even though I'm not going to share and I'm not really a session vaper. I can run my Nano on high heat to get a feel close to combustion but The Vape Critic saying the Plenty can get there too makes me desire one even more. The timing is good now, I can force myself to wait and see if there'll be any sales incoming.
The PLENTY has really decent flavor and the $ is reasonably OK!
If you have plenty of COLAS it’s very decent?

the NANO is cheaper and if wood is your thing?
Miser with stash if supply is low?

DA “M” is fun if you need a quick rip on the go?
Very little material needed?

Last edited:

david8613

if you look around I always see plenty of plentys very lightly used almost new for sale for a lot less than new. I just picked up a like new volcano classic for a great price. I think you have people that either don't understand vaping, and just want to combust no matter what so they quickly sell, you also have lots of people that are upgrading to newer devices. this one is a big one I see a lot of people buying a plenty or a mighty or similar device that gets dirty easily and not realizing there is some maintenance involved cleaning the device to keep it tasting fresh. they don't do this maintenance part and it starts tasting like crap and they just sell it and go back to combusting. I brought my plenty used but like new like this, the coil vapor path was a gunked up mess, it even had a ton of old avb in the chamber! took it apart, cleaned it really good with iso, soap and water and bam! like brand new!

Last edited:

joner

if you look around I always see plenty of plentys very lightly used almost new for sale for a lot less than new. I just picked up a like new volcano classic for a great price. I think you have people that either don't understand vaping, and just want to combust no matter what so they quickly sell, you also have lots of people that are upgrading to newer devices. this one is a big one I see a lot of people buying a plenty or a mighty or similar device that gets dirty easily and not realizing there is some maintenance involved cleaning the device to keep it tasting fresh. they don't do this maintenance part and it starts tasting like crap and they just sell it and go back to combusting. I brought my plenty used but like new like this, the coil vapor path was a gunked up mess, it even had a ton of old avb in the chamber! took it apart, cleaned it really good with iso, soap and water and bam! like brand new!

I found my volcano classic for $160 CAD on kijiji! Best value/deal i've gotten on a vape yet, besides maybe.......dynavap M 2018. Also on Kijiji I found a brand new in box Mighty for $240 CAD. I don't believe I could warranty it if I had to, but at $100 cheaper than the cheapest online I could find, I'm not too worried. If I get a couple years out of it I'll be happy, but the build quality is outstanding: I could see myself paying to have it repaired, unless not viable.

Now I just need to find a Plenty on Kijiji local to me....

david8613

I found my volcano classic for $160 CAD on kijiji! Best value/deal i've gotten on a vape yet, besides maybe.......dynavap M 2018. Also on Kijiji I found a brand new in box Mighty for $240 CAD. I don't believe I could warranty it if I had to, but at $100 cheaper than the cheapest online I could find, I'm not too worried. If I get a couple years out of it I'll be happy, but the build quality is outstanding: I could see myself paying to have it repaired, unless not viable.

Now I just need to find a Plenty on Kijiji local to me....

ya man! awesome, that is cool! one thing is true storz & bickle stuff is pretty heavy duty durable, you can see its over built like a tank! as long as what you buy used is in good condition, clean and not beat up by someone who is careless, you will get your money worth and then some, S&B stuff doesn't seem to break down like the cheaper junk. I currently own a volcano classic, plenty, and the mighty, all that's left to get is a crafty.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
ya man! awesome, that is cool! one thing is true storz & bickle stuff is pretty heavy duty durable, you can see its over built like a tank! as long as what you buy used is in good condition, clean and not beat up by someone who is careless, you will get your money worth and then some, S&B stuff doesn't seem to break down like the cheaper junk. I currently own a volcano classic, plenty, and the mighty, all that's left to get is a crafty.
I have an early Volcano and it still works. I let it fall once and all it got was a bump in the metal case.
I also let fall a Mighty onto stone and something got projected out and I was sure something was broken. When I checked, all that happened was that orange toothpick that got shot out like a rocket. Everything else is still fine. The first thing that breaks probably will be the battery...

BTW: Wait with that Crafty or you will maybe change your opinion on durability of s&B stuff. The Crafty + is on its way and I am pretty sure it will start better that the Crafty.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
brand new in box Mighty for $240 CAD.
There are so many knockoff Mighty units for sale that I would never buy one unless it was from aa authorized seller, I can buy direct from China for well under $100, the latest copies even have the orange herb mill in the kit and the correct colored o-rings that made fakes easy to spot, even the brush not looks similar.
The only reason I would get one would be to use the body if the CU holding tabs ever break on my genuine unit (S&B will not sell just a shell).:tup:
The Plenty does not seem to have copies available like the Mighty and Volcano.:2c:

joner

There are so many knockoff Mighty units for sale that I would never buy one unless it was from aa authorized seller, I can buy direct from China for well under $100, the latest copies even have the orange herb mill in the kit and the correct colored o-rings that made fakes easy to spot, even the brush not looks similar.
The only reason I would get one would be to use the body if the CU holding tabs ever break on my genuine unit (S&B will not sell just a shell).:tup:
The Plenty does not seem to have copies available like the Mighty and Volcano.:2c:

The thought definitely crossed my mind when I was there forking my cash over, but I did lots of research on spotting differences beforehand. And after the first session with it, and MANY others since then, I can assure you this: it's the real deal. Dead-simple and consistent, it's one of my top 3 for reach test.

Top Bottom