1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

PLENTY Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by dopefiend, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Sick Vape

Sick Vape Thick Vape

I Have yet to hear someone complain about the flavour delivered by the plenty.

The cooling coil is extremely efficient and you can replace it with a water pipe if you want. With the chamber reducer it is comparable to the Crafty or Mighty in many aspects.

Additionally S&B is located in Tuttlingen, it is worldwide one of the biggest centers for medical technology.
    There is a lot of knowledge around on how to produce medical safe products and with what materials.
    S&B gets their vaporisers approved by german security control centers (TüV).
    I am pretty confident S&B products are some of the safest on the vaporiser market.

ChooChooCharlie likes this.
  2. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

@Vsurf500 ain't too far wrong, I did not like my Plenty until I changed that metal whip for glass and stuck it on a bong or through a J-hook. I still don't like the idea of an aluminium heater even if S&B and their fanboys keep citing a report paid for S&B who also supplied the unit for testing, I just look at that other great German brand Volkswagon, I trust all large companies the same, they can get fucked., they only care about profits:tup:
    Glass is good for flavor, ask Arizer users.:myday:

3. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Fuck the PLENTY is killer!

Flavor
    Effect

Wow!

Say no more?
    @LesPlenty i use less with da PLENTY? (Good 4 long-standing MEDICATING)
    I 4-got 2-say I use a SHERLOCK (jhook 4 some) thank U!

4. Sick Vape

Sick Vape Thick Vape

Thanks for reminding me. These are all very valid points.
    I was leaning a bit far out the window.
    The aluminium heater makes me think too. I can understand that S&B had to pay for that study and provide everything , who else would want to spend money on that? But you are right I generally doubt such funded studies too. Finally its not that high of a temperature for aluminium we use even on 7. Let's hope. I mean at least there is a study.
    I'll concentrate on the taste and effect again, lets me forget about that aluminium.

I already stated too I would love to taste a plenty with all glass air path. I love glass. VapeXhale is probably nearest to that. But not for my budget now.

Your j-hook and @ataxian s sherlock inspire me. Could try my old hammer for that too.
    But then I have a stone floor and the original plenty can handle it. I tried :lol:

I have a little struggle with taste with even all good vaporisers i have tried up to now.
    When I go low temp the taste is perfect for me, but I only get medicated correctly when i use higher temps but taste does suffer a bit. I think its not possible otherwise. (Small problem. Doctor, can i have my pill in apricot flavour with a hint of vanilla, please, and no popcorn,:rofl:)

Edit: Forgot to say by complaint I thought of people smelling bad plastic fumes or such. What tastes best is a personal thing luckily. Or we would not have such a variety of different vaporisers and weeds and flavours and effects)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  5. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

My wife is FRENCh and other than LIMESTONE all floors even da stairway!

Da PLENTY and a SHERLOCK is quite the SENSATIONAL experience!

Try it you might find it CIVILIZED?

I want a 1/2 oz of this new strain?

Sorry I’m over Medicated?

The PLENTY has decent FLAVOR if U need that?
    5.5 is my level of BLISS!

Never had a bag?

The PLENTY is really well made!
    I used black electricity tape 4 da seal.
    TEFLON TAPE I need a new roll or that will work as well!

6. LesPlenty

You can use the silicon tube from the s/s whip for the seal, electrical tape...:rofl:

7. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Thank U!
    Love the PLENTY!

Sick Vape and ChooChooCharlie like this.
  8. Mrb58

Mrb58 Active Member

A quick question or two re the plenty

1. My orange case with the removable bottom part of herb chamber, has gotten a little loose ( 2weeks of ownership so far ) is this expected? Ok not to worry ? Shouldn’t happen -ask for warranty coverage ? Shouldn’t happen but suck it up and order spares ? Ps I was frequently changing from regular chamber to reducer earlier till I decided I preferred regular chamber w liquid pod

2. Screens are starting to get gunky
    Brush them off almost every time but gunk accumulates

Clean ? How
    Replace ? How do you replace a screen -never done that

Any guidance appreciated

ataxian likes this.
  9. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Hey guy,

Whatever feel’s right 2 U?

1. I personally love the PLENTY not 4 da CASE!
    2. Da screen I brush them after each session-I’ll clean them or just put new one’s?

Sick Vape likes this.
  10. Mrb58

Mrb58 Active Member

How do you change the screen

ataxian likes this.
  11. ChooChooCharlie

ChooChooCharlie Well-Known Member

@Mrb58 - Swapping chamber inserts can be a problem. I fear you have joined the broken tab club.

Steel chamber insert only comes out of orange housing in one direction -- push up from under, not down.

If you push down on steel insert, even when qtip cleaning, you will break one of the three orange retaining tabs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I highlighted the most important word. Upwards. Wish S&B would make this warning a bit more prominent. Many of us have broken these tabs. Now when you invert to dump, the searingly hot steel insert falls out. Do NOT catch it! You should buy another housing unit.

To change upper screen, remove coil, then push screen out from behind:

[​IMG]

After cleaning, push screen back in place, make sure it's seated in slot all around. Then gently push it with brush from behind to make it bow outwards. And of course you have already form-shaped a nipple in that screen :)

12. LesPlenty

Or just be careful and put your debowler spike against the load before inverting. I purchased a replacement when I first broke mine(day 1 of ownership) and broke the tabs off that within a week or so. This is a S&B spare parts money grab, been a problem since the Plenty was released, you won't see them improve it any time soon while people keep buying them.:tup:

Sick Vape and ataxian like this.
  13. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I use a PLENTY every waking moment!
    FLAVOR & EFFECT = CIVILIZED LIVING 4-sure!

Sick Vape, LesPlenty and SloJimFizz like this.
  14. ejackyou

ejackyou Hamilton

Used My Plenty every day for about a year, use the reducer too, never broke anything?
    Don't lay the Blame on S&B.:doh:

15. LesPlenty

You are in the minority, mine was broken on the first day, found the tab in the packaging!
    They designed it, I can't blame the reseller, maybe the delivery guy;
    Click to play YouTube Video

Sick Vape and cloudsosmoke like this.
  16. 9.Fingers

9.Fingers Health Conscious Guru

Hey everyone,

I have only used my Plenty a few times, and am always very careful with my vapes. I noticed that something seems to be scratching the plenty enough to cause a fine metallic powder to form (if I run my finger over the scratches they become black) when gently turning the mouthpiece onto the handle piece. I believed on an exhale that I saw metallic flakes in my cloud on level 6 1/2 which is how I found the scratches. Any idea what is going on here? I looked at where the two pieces attach and I don't see anything that could cause this.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 1:28 PM
  17. BornAgainSteama

BornAgainSteama I'm proud to be a stoner, yes I am.

For something like what you describe I would contact Storz and Bickel directly.

18. ejackyou

ejackyou Hamilton

Yes! Send the pic to S&B also with a pic of the mating surface, bottom of the stem.
    It must have been abused before You got it?
    A lot of wear for something only used a few times, especially considering it only takes
    a quarter turn?
    I've used mine at least once a day for going on a year, no problems.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 5:32 PM
  19. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

What is you’re setting for the PLENTY?

Sick Vape and LesPlenty like this.
  20. ejackyou

ejackyou Hamilton

I play All the way Up and Down the scale, usually starting at about 200F to 403F in steps

Sick Vape, LesPlenty and ataxian like this.
  21. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

4 me and MEDICATED use 5.5 - 6 depends on da cure of da COLAS?
    Very effective unit!

405f is my sweet-spot with this KUSH grown in MALIBU, CALIFORNIA. (Outdoor)
    COLAS R key 2 HAPPY LIFE!
    The
    PLENTY
    Amazing 4 MEDICAL use!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 7:42 PM
    Sick Vape and LesPlenty like this.
  22. 9.Fingers

9.Fingers Health Conscious Guru

Just an update, I contacted S&B and they told me that the scratching and metallic dust is normal. Welp, back to Arizer.

LesPlenty likes this.
  23. LesPlenty

I have put around 10oz through mine (all at 6.5-7) and have never cleaned the actual unit, just the attachments. I just Iso swabbed the metal mating surface on the body of my unit and it turned my q-tip black even though it looked clean apart from the ring scratch on the outer part of the mating surface.:hmm:

Sick Vape likes this.
  24. Sick Vape

Sick Vape Thick Vape

I clean this part it gets dark too. In my unit it is not substantial amounts that are scraped off. The shape has not changed since I use it. I have yet to find metal shavings in the reclaim from the coil too.

If you really see metal shavings in the inhaled air I think your unit is defective.

Edit: I use my Plenty at 7. But 7 is not 7 on all units there seem to be differences.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 at 6:07 AM
  25. LesPlenty

More like hallucinating, I quite often see stars in my exhaled vapor, usually right after I stop coughing.:haw:
    But the black dust/build-up is real.:tup:

Sick Vape likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors