1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

PLENTY Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by dopefiend, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Some-new-user

Some-new-user Member

I still think I'm learning with the plenty too. I seem to have more success with the standard chamber + liquid pad over the reduced chamber and dosing capsule.

With the standard + liquid pad last night I got about half an hours use. Temp about 6 and 5 heat cycles.

With the reducer either with the pad or with a capsule I'm getting less than 10 pulls before the vapour is all gone. I think I need to experiment.

Not sure if pre heating the chamber helped me get that monster session. I think it could also be due to the amount of material used too. Dosing capsule vs full chamber giving more surface area.

Having said that I have only had my unit a week. Had the mighty about a month and one thing I noticed with that was the avb was very light. I then used a dc and half liquid pad and drew very slow. This made the avb much darker. I can't get this with the plenty though.

More research will keep checking in

grokit and Old Toker like this.
  2. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Member

After vapor stops, turn up to 7 (still under 400f) to get a bit more extraction and will brown up you ABV a bit more.

Another trick I read quite a few pages back is to mount the orange part of the filling chamber on the Plenty before installing the black mouthpiece holder on top. You will notice the orange part will screw down a bit further without any extra pressure (the orange handle will sit on the left hand side of the Caution Hot Surface triangle instead of the middle of it)

More research is always fun :)

grokit and Some-new-user like this.
  3. Some-new-user

Some-new-user Member

I definitely think that pre heating the chamber helps either with or without the reducer. I may be over thinking but there is more mass to the reducer chamber which is going to take more time to heat up-plenty is still a hybrid.

I have just used the reducer, pre heated though 4 cycles (held handle in and did nothing, just let the plenty do it's thing) I had the orange and black piece on together.

When the heater clicked on for the 4th time I had a dosing cap. It was packed very loosely with the lid on, I guess as standard. I only had to do 1 priming hit and then it was flowing. I lost track of the good hits.

I also tried the reducer with liquid pad and a dosing capsule with a liquid pad. These felt a little better than previous attempts when not pre heating. I will have to get a scale to accurately measure loads.

grokit likes this.
  4. Old Toker

Old Toker New Member

Must be some variance in Plenty temps. 6.5 takes my Plenty to 400f....7 buries the needle at 420f.

5. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Member

Mine is a 6 month old AU version, it only goes to 202C by the S&B Quick Start Guide and my temp needle agrees. You are lucky to have one that gets warmer as it will help when using concentrates. I even tried running mine off a 12v Modified Sine Wave power inverter as they can make some AC appliances run hotter, the needle still refused to go over 200C.

Old Toker likes this.
  6. Old Toker

Old Toker New Member

Could be the temperature gauges are not accurate. I don't know (understand) enough of the technology to evaluate either.

grokit likes this.
  7. cloudsosmoke

cloudsosmoke Well-Known Member

Some-new-user likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors