1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

PLENTY Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by dopefiend, Dec 2, 2011.

1. oyster

oyster Member

is it possible to use has with the plenty vaporizer?
    Any suggestion appreciated

2. Razshiro

Razshiro Well-Known Member

Unfortunately no, i had always bad result with "hash" in the Plenty, i have better result in the Mighty ... but the best for hash for me is my butane vape !! ;)

oyster and SloJimFizz like this.
  3. oyster

oyster Member

Thank you. Such a pity though :(

I thought perhaps with some extra accessories it could have been possible

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2017
  4. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

shure it works, u can fit up to 3g in there ;) but there are many different types of hash and prices...
    - if you have access eg to cheap standard pressed maroc (the more dry type) that works really good and easy just crumbled in the normal bowl, the reducer might be even better for that - makes it pretty much a mighty bowl (capsules are super clean for that purpose), so i can't second @Razshiro with that (ok it gets a few degrees less hot)
    In general hash is a bit more tricky to vape, no matter what vape u use. Many prefer butane vapes with higher temps for hash, but i've grown apart from that (meaning too high temps, the vaponic is one of the tastiest vapes for hash) and stay at max 200C. The more melty/oily hash types will need recrumbling a few times during the session that way, but taste is way better than at higher temps :2c:

5. oyster

oyster Member

#
    Thank you
    Used2use
    . I have been warned that it might leak down and might damage the vaporizer...even with the reducer..how would you prevent that?

6. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

as always it depends how viscous/runny the oil is - but it's the same with all s&b vapes, either put a liquid pad on top of the bottom chamber screen, or use a dosing capsule with liquid pad in the bottom and then load onto the liquid pad to prevent leaking down into the heater.
    Traditional hash is mostly not so melty that it would run trough even a normal screen, but it can clogg it really fast and tends to make a dirty mess in the bowl after time...
    So i would recommend using dosing caps with liquid pad, the easiest method to keep it clean in the long run ;)
    Some ppl even use e-liquid on the pads, wouldn't recommend that bc it could rlly run trough but it also seems to work...

7. oyster

oyster Member

Thanks. Im not expert with accessories. :D. Are these the dosing capsules you are referring too?
    https://www.storz-bickel.com/eu/en/magazine-with-8-dosing-capsules.html

Is it not going to make a mess even with the dosing capsules?
    How about non traditional hash but the soft one, will it work as well?
    Sorry about all my question...wanna make sure not to ruin the machine :D

8. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

almost - these ones already have the liquid pads in them (and btw u only need the chamber housing and the metal reducer insert to have a 2. bowl)

https://www.storz-bickel.com/eu/en/store/acc/magazine-with-8-dosing-capsules-for-liquids.html

there are 3 sizes of liquid pads 30mm (plenty/cano bowl), 15mm (mighty/reducer bowl), 13mm (capsules)

It all depends on the hash type/consistency how it vapes, the more soft/melty types (can also be 'traditional' there's just too much unstandardized vocabulary ;) ) often benefit from dumping out of the bowl and recrumbling during the session as it 'dries out' - capsules are perfect for that and contain the possible mess, normal screens would gump up here pretty fast. The more dry, sandy types are much easier and don't affect the screen at all... just experiment it's fun:science: - i also played a bit with a diy 'nail bed' for soft hash made out of needles
    don't worry i tried very hard with (more than) max loads of all types, there is simply nothing to break in the heater airpath even if something would leak through...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017 at 2:08 PM

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors