Friend Man

@Friend Man :

On page 37, there are some videos of cleaning the liquid pad. Your reclaim may have contained herb bits, leading to the turds you described.

On page 47, pic of my reclaim efforts. I made mistake of not filtering out the herb bits. You can see them in right side of that Pyrex pie plate. I scraped from the center to avoid bits. Had left that pie plate in basement for a couple weeks, and it was still tacky, but I got impatient. It vaped well, but tasted of iso, blecchh. Never reclaimed again.

Saw your bite valve pic. Only concern with that one is the small size of the "straw" going in. I had gone to camping/sports section of a store, got the largest size Camelbak, which came pre-attached to a rigid large straw. My silicone tubing has 3/8 inch inner diameter, and it snugged onto the straw well. I cut the straw short, leaving enough to snug on silicone tubing.

As for taste difference, I didn't notice. The vapor is pretty cool by the time it passes the bite valve.

Used it for a couple days, then threw it out because I didn't like the saliva clinging to it, nor the physical sensation of biting down. The escaping vapor did not bother me enough to continue, but thought you may want to try it for yourself.

The Mighty also leaks vapor. In both cases, it is just the residual vapor left in the cooling coil or cooling unit. It leaks due to natural convection as warm vapor rises. Looks worse than it is. S&B sell silicone bite valves custom sized for the Mighty, but not for Plenty. Advertised as one time use for hygienic reasons.

If you don't mind resting the Plenty sideways on its three rubber feet during breaks, that natural convection effect is mitigated fairly well, less vapor escapes.

Glad you're having fun experimenting. Been separated from my vapes and stash because I was too paranoid bringing them on flight. The eclipse tomorrow here in Nashville would be more fun with herb. Tequila will have to suffice.

Yeah I had to leave my reclaim for 3 weeks to make sure it was all evaporated. I thought it was done after 2 weeks but dipped my finger in, and there was the unmistakable lingering iso taste. Last time I did extracted, I too did not filter, and it rendered half of the reclaim practically unusable. Luckily the glass was tilted so all the silt went to one end.

That sucks to hear about the bite valve basically not being worth it. I wonder if there's a way of altering the valve from a volcano balloon? Right now I'm just placing some white tack over the mouthpiece between hits, and it does the trick, but i'd prefer something neater. Oh well, I'll let you know if I have any joy or ideas in this area I guess. Thanks as ever for the detailed response, I hope the eclipse was good!

@jardri I'll second Vitolo, read the last few pages in this thread for info on 'nippling' the top screen. I don't use my Plenty without caps now

Friend Man

Apologies for the back to back posts...

I'm looking for something to further cool the vapor produced by the Plenty, any suggestions or tips? I remember seeing some pics of a long tube thing stuck on the Plenty mouthpiece, but I can't find it now. I'd rather not bother with water if possible, but if the difference is that noticeable I'll definitely consider it.

If it can be orange and black, all the better

l43uZTR.jpg

Razshiro

Apologies for the back to back posts...

I'm looking for something to further cool the vapor produced by the Plenty, any suggestions or tips? I remember seeing some pics of a long tube thing stuck on the Plenty mouthpiece, but I can't find it now. I'd rather not bother with water if possible, but if the difference is that noticeable I'll definitely consider it.

If it can be orange and black, all the better

l43uZTR.jpg

I'm using this setup with an Arizer Extrem Q hose/tubing and glass mouthpiece (for arizer balloon):
s-l300.jpg

YQwYTyz.jpg

Or sometimes when i want to use my Plenty with Hydratube, i'm using this :
18mm Female w/14mm male, i'm using a Vivant alternate silicon ring (very thin, very tight and work very well :) ).
BVSXXq7.jpg

YQwYTyz

Friend Man

Thanks @Razshiro, it might be as simple as just getting the tubing for a longer whip!

Does it make much difference in terms of draw/taste?

Is that just the end of the tubing stretched over the coil, or does it go into one of the little plenty tubes?

Thanks @jardri The freezer method works like a dream, but i'd like to have something ready to go at any time, I don't want to keep making trips to the freezer during a session

Edit: bit the bullet on the whip +mouthpiece as I could get a very good price. As ever, I'll report back. Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

Razshiro

Does it make much difference in terms of draw/taste?
Not really (with this arizer whip), the taste remain the same and you need long draw as usual with the plenty...

Is that just the end of the tubing stretched over the coil, or does it go into one of the little plenty tubes?

Hmmm, yes it's just the whip in the coil, you just need to remove the black plastic mouthpiece and use the silicon rubber for make the whip's sealing in the Coil. Maybe i don't understand what you mean ^^ so tell me if i missed something :ninja:!!

ChooChooCharlie

Here's a link, but ask for customization:

http://www.oregonglassblower.com/18-14mm-Glass-Adapter-With-10mm-Carb-18M-14F-18-14-10c.htm

Ask him to make you a 14mm male for inserting with the Plenty's stock silicone into black housing.
(Replaces the steel cooling coil)

The upper part glass connector type is up to you. An 18mm male would be nice for an Evo hydratube. If for tubing, then go for 14mm male.

That carb is the key to clearing residual vapor from your long tube. Remember you asked about containing residual vapor earlier.

Friend Man

That carb is the key to clearing residual vapor from your long tube. Remember you asked about containing residual vapor earlier.

Ah nice! That's interesting, the carb is definitely something to look into. Only issue with ordering from the US is the terrible state of the quid and the postage/customs costs, they potentially make it prohibitively expensive. Thanks for the tip as ever though, I appreciate it!

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Thanks Tommy, felt like I was there with you with that comprehensive photo record. Enjoy your new toy!
Question to the forum, is the size, and more so, the fact that it can't stand on it's own not a bit surprising? I'm sitting here wondering what you'd do between draws with that big power tool on the end of your arm like Optimus Vape, "Stop sucking my finger Sam! We have a planet to save!"
Other than that, I'm intrigued!

i like this photo. would you have a high res that you would be willing to share?

ChooChooCharlie

Hey -- the Plenty really IS a transformer vape!

Swapped in large default chamber to get rid of sub-par herb.

You do the math

PdlxmRGl.jpg

Left nippled upper screen in place. Slightly lighter ABV around exterior with no direct upper nip'd screen contact and retention.

J0eso1Vl.jpg

So glad the gang's back together:

9h0Aqg5l.jpg

Hey NewVape , just placed $600 order with you -- so, no hard feelings.

TboneToker

Hey -- the Plenty really IS a transformer vape!

Swapped in large default chamber to get rid of sub-par herb.

You do the math

PdlxmRGl.jpg

Left nippled upper screen in place. Slightly lighter ABV around exterior with no direct upper nip'd screen contact and retention.

J0eso1Vl.jpg

So glad the gang's back together:

9h0Aqg5l.jpg

Hey NewVape , just placed $600 order with you -- so, no hard feelings.

wow, your cannabis must have around 25-28%Cannabinoids/Terpenes in it.. ACTUALLY WAIT, there's some moisture too.. So Maybe closer to 20-22% NICE!!

TboneToker,

fatfemmestoner

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm glad I've found the forum here.

I've been vaping at 7 since my last update, as well as using the capsules. My vaping experience has increased 10 fold! I'm finding there is much less residue left behind so things don't get as sticky. Still working out the proper nippling technique; I keep getting little bits of bud in the moat around the capsule chamber and attached to my screen. I think I'm getting less with each alteration though so there is hope folx.

:wave:
Welcome @fatfemmestoner
Better late then never indeed.
Can't help with the cleaning stuff, so far just the S&B brush and go for me so far.
Definitely no fear of combustion with the Plenty though. I've been running my dosing capsules at 7 and nothing but consistent, toasty abv.
And I must say, the fist hit of the second capsule when reloaded right before the light goes off again is devastation in a yank. :whoa:.
Think I have to thank @ChooChooCharlie for that tidbit.:clap:

Thanks for chiming in about my questions SloJimFizz. Good to meet you! :)

@fatfemmestoner - Welcome to FC! You quoted an old post of mine, so you obviously have been reading this thread. Good on you -- many don't make the effort. Please ignore my old posts with my crazy metal and wooden washers/basket screens. That was my attempt at small loads before the reducer/capsule system was introduced. I use the capsules exclusively now.

Always a good idea listening to @Vitolo . He's been vaping longer than many folks have been combusting.

There are "precision" q-tips widely available, but the Fran Wilson brand of "nail tees" do not fray when pushing the tip in around that screen holding channel. I also use them to swab resin from Mighty CU inlet after capsule sessions, and around rim of grasshopper chamber.

Funny he mentioned a vacuum to dry -- if you want to frighten pets and loved ones, put that faucet adapter/cooling coil in my picture onto end of vacuum hose and cover your ears. Along with the whistle sound, the coil gets really cold as moisture evaporates. Makes a good demonstration of the cooling power of a helix shaped coil. The black housing and screen can just be wiped and left to air dry without any vacuum assist.

Surprised you felt the upper black housing started to warp after the iso soak. If you look at my pic you quoted, the housing is swimming with the coil in the mason jar. Mine comes out clean after 10 minutes in hot iso. Never had warping.

A plastic ziplock bag is something you might try. Once per week or two, put black housing and its removed screen in with iso. Then place bag in a bowl of very hot water. (Never heat the iso directly - too dangerous). After 5 minutes, grab bag out with both hands, then slosh the bag left and right vigorously. Careful, it's hot. Return to bath and repeat. Sloshing works well.

About the silicone at end of coil -- if you align it flush with end of coil, after twisting coil into black housing, it will move up a couple mm's on its own, so vapor encounters the coil primarily. Yes, it does get discolored and sticky. But I don't bother cleaning it with iso. Replace it every 3-9 months, whenever you feel motivated to clean the coil.

About cleaning the metal herb chamber rim -- before you exert any downward cleaning pressure, remove the metal chamber from the orange plastic by pushing up from under. Not down. I have broken tabs from that orange housing by scrubbing and pushing down. Don't make my mistake. The instructions show the disassembly direction clearly, but I have issues with authority and instructions. Magic eraser works well to get off the baked on grime, just rinse it well after.

You mentioned avoiding combustion. No fear of combustion with Storz-Bickel vapes. I'm not aware of any posts here citing combustion. At level 7 on Plenty, your clouds will be thicker, but you may miss out on some flavor if you have tasty herb. Fewer draws too.

S&B share our feelings about Fucking Combustion: "Scheiss Rauchen!"

Apologies for this rambling wall of text.

I don't know what happened with the iso on my first set of filling chambers. Maybe I just did something wrong. Following your hot iso directions did wonders for cleaning my coil and chambers. I love all the tips and tricks you've given in this thread.

Hello, new to this forum page and new to vaping ( about 1 month IN )... I have the mighty and use the dosing capsule.. I find the mighty very pleasing but i coming from 15+yrs of combustion (mostly blunts n joints), so most nights to end my days i like to smoke 3-4 capsules in a row.. I feel like i can eliminate so much repacking (and abuse of mighty batteries) with a full plenty bowl? i also like the idea of the vapor being more dense. I understand it is considered a "weed hog" while i dunt have unlimited amount of erb but usually a ounce on hand at all times. Btw mighty is my first vape of any kind only thing i can compare that to is a GPen Elite ( which i thought totally sucked ass). Plenty would b my first desktop vape.. Im just a little concerned as i read some ppl have trouble producing vapor or it seems like most ppl on this thread dont like to pack it full or prefer a more efficient way of vaping (which i totally understand, and useful knowledge for the future). Im on the S&B website now and considering if this is bad idea to buy? any help?

ChooChooCharlie

Hi @youngfart420 --

You said -- eliminate abuse of Mighty batteries
Prudent

You said -- usually an ounce on hand at all times
Profoundly prudent

I've been -- eliminating a sub-par herbal purchase
Prudent Plenty performance

Utilize its strength, adjust to its flexibility

Here's an old pic. Better than these confusing words:

dSURpQmm.jpg

There are other vapes capable of handling large loads.
There are other vapes capable of handling small loads.
Plenty of vapes.
Not many that can handle both.
With a handle.

sorry while puffing on the mighty.. Plenty will suit me well u think?

ChooChooCharlie Ive seen ur previous posts, good stuff man~ I will b ordering my plenty now and joining the plenty club lol. I'll share my experiences when it arrives =)

Last edited by a moderator:

ChooChooCharlie

Given your recent transition, I feel the Plenty will help when you're jonesin' for that large hit.

Until recently, I wasn't filling. Quite a mule kick in the head when chamber is full.

The open draw is rather unique. Like drawing from a Volcano bag, but no noise.

Enjoy, and remember you can sell it easily. Damn things don't break. :)

ChooChooCharlie,
SOunds good I dont think I'll need to sell.. But Ive been "sandwiching" wax or liquids in between herbs in the dosing capsule.. I find lower temps leave more residue on top, is it recommended to heat temp for wax/concentrates at max temp?. BTW if anyone can get " live resin" by alpine vapors, that is def worth sandwiching in your dosing capsule, usually tested at 80%thc or better.. I find that sandwiching also stretches amount of hits.. u can at least 50% more hits IMO., harsh as hell for some but gets u ripped (btw being doing this in the mighty n i love it )

youngfart420,
Any tips on what i should buy with my Plenty? Im thinkin screens? I'm 6 weeks in with the mighty and i need to order the screen set, maybe im obsessed with cleaning?..

youngfart420,

ChooChooCharlie

SOunds good I dont think I'll need to sell.. But Ive been "sandwiching" wax or liquids in between herbs in the dosing capsule.. I find lower temps leave more residue on top, is it recommended to heat temp for wax/concentrates at max temp?. BTW if anyone can get " live resin" by alpine vapors, that is def worth sandwiching in your dosing capsule, usually tested at 80%thc or better.. I find that sandwiching also stretches amount of hits.. u can at least 50% more hits IMO., harsh as hell for some but gets u ripped (btw being doing this in the mighty n i love it )

Abort !! After reading more, I suggest what I just purchased, the NewVape FlowerPot. Haven't got it yet. If you have access to both flower and concentrates, the FlowerPot seems perfect!

Friend Man

@youngfart420 I don't know about liquids and waxes but I can say that when it comes to weed the Plenty delivers monstrous hits without any effort at all. Some of us use the capsules as the Plenty can be very greedy in default mode, but the result of that greed is massive clouds and truly, astonishingly large hits. I don't vape as much as you but I've never felt the need to fill the Plenty over 1/4 full, and it's already very powerful. If that's what you are looking for you will love it.

It's not a bad idea to get the wear n tear set as it has screens and liquid pads and a bunch of other stuff with it as standard. If you are vaping very strong/resiny weed, it will gunk up screens. You can either just keep buying new ones or soak the used ones in iso

Last edited:
Top Bottom