• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Socks And Sandals

Talky Tina told me she doesn't think she likes the Plenty.
olKCJEb.jpg

(You happened to mention that to a massive fan of the original TZ. :p )

I take it this is a very rare collector's item? Not to derail the thread but I'd love to see more of the actual box! I could imagine how this would scare my ex's 8 year old. I made the mistake of watching that very episode with her when she was 7. Oh what a mistake that was! If I even mention the phrase, "My name is talking Tina and I'm going to kill you!" she bursts into tears practically. Oh and absolutely no dolls or stuffed animals have been in her bedroom since!

And I'm also a huge fan of the the classics TZ myself!:cool:

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: whateverman

Eyedunno

I take it this is a very rare collector's item? Not to derail the thread but I'd love to see more of the actual box! I could imagine how this would scare my ex's 8 year old. I made the mistake of watching that very episode with her when she was 7. Oh what a mistake that was! If I even mention the phrase, "My name is talking Tina and I'm going to kill you!" she bursts into tears practically. Oh and absolutely no dolls or stuffed animals have been in her bedroom since!

And I'm also a huge fan of the the classics TZ myself!:cool:

I don't think it's "very rare".

BBP05009lg.jpg

Edit: Color version:
51JYBgBJtTL.jpg

Socks And Sandals

@Eyedunno

That's awesome! seems like this company Bif Bang Pow makes a lot of retro toys. I found myself looking the site over just for shits and giggles and found a few things I wouldn't mind getting for myself and some good gift ideas for Christmas!

Back on topic with the Plenty..

I used it last night on top of my new Evo and I still love the thing. But one thing I noticed is my Evo's AVP is much darker than the Plenty's. I plan on trying some of that ABV in the Plenty and some of the Plenty's ABV in the Evo and will report back soon. I almost have a cup of it now!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Just stopping by to say my Plenty has kicked it up a notch lately!
I used to work through the temp ranges from about 6 to the MAX of 7.
Now i simply start at 7 and it just keeps pumping out high quality vapour!
The effects are very medicating, which is exactly what i am after.

I have parted ways with my coil as well.
I am now using a straight glass stem with a 19mm male ground joint on the one end.
A band of silicone tubing holds it firmly to the lid.
I get the watch the vapour output now!

Another thing that has helped immensely is my new grinder!
It is the KannStor VAPE GR8TR, a super fine, fluffy grind perfect for vapes.
It vapes so much better because of the super high surface area it presents.
Flavour and taste is still very prominent.

Really enjoying the Plenty again!
It is a powerhouse vape!

Socks And Sandals

Well guys here's what I found out regarding ABV from my Plenty and my Evo. As a few of you may remember I said I was going to try my slightly darker EVO ABV and put it in my Plenty and vice versa with my EVO. The results were based on ABV from both vapes that were ran through to the max temperature of each vape. The results were that NO ABV in either vape produced any vapor whatsoever! I'm really pleased with this because while both ABV is very similar, the Plenty's is slightly lighter and I thought I could squeeze some more goodies out of it through the EVO which I could not.

My end conclusion turns out to be that both vapes.. The Plenty and The EVO extracts close to everything out of our herb. So much so, that either unit doesn't produce any visible vapor with either of the fully spent ABV. While I'm happy with the results, I was wondering if anyone could chime in how much this will affect my ABV when I try making some brownies with it?

Just stopping by to say my Plenty has kicked it up a notch lately!
I used to work through the temp ranges from about 6 to the MAX of 7.
Now i simply start at 7 and it just keeps pumping out high quality vapour!
The effects are very medicating, which is exactly what i am after.

I have parted ways with my coil as well.
I am now using a straight glass stem with a 19mm male ground joint on the one end.
A band of silicone tubing holds it firmly to the lid.
I get the watch the vapour output now!

Another thing that has helped immensely is my new grinder!
It is the KannStor VAPE GR8TR, a super fine, fluffy grind perfect for vapes.
It vapes so much better because of the super high surface area it presents.
Flavour and taste is still very prominent.

Really enjoying the Plenty again!
It is a powerhouse vape!

I got an EVO last week and took a break from it last Sunday night with my Plenty. Let's just say, I still love my Plenty!:D While I do still use the coil, there is just something about the flavor of this vapor that is different than the EVO, E-Nano, and a few other vapes I've tried. A buddy of mine has tried and used all 4 of the S&B Vapes and he swears to me the vapor in these vapes have a signature vapor quality that is even the same as the Volcano, Mighty and Crafty.. or so he says lol!:lmao:I've only tried a handful of vapes in the short amount of time I've been trying to convert so I couldn't really say but who knows, maybe he's right?

Yeah, I don't know what it is, the intensity of the vapor on those higher settings or the near full draw with no drag we get out of the coil man! I usually start at 5 and do 2 or 3 passthroughs then move up to 6 and so on till I'm not getting any visible vapor. I usually heat it up with the herb chamber off till it reaches 7, then, immediately turn it down to 5 and put the herb chamber on. This method has worked wonders for me and has changed how I use this vape now.

Come to think of it.. I didn't even think of trying my hydratube on my Plenty?:doh: That's the first thing I'm going to do on friday night after my tolerance break! Love to see some pics if you got them man!

Last edited:

Trypsy Summers

Don't dig the doll thing, not hating but, anyway, I gotta big you up, cos that tube on the end is a f8cking great idea. stupendous!!

Hi @blackstone , the liquid pad is simply a stabilizer for your herb. Prevents herb layer from shifting to one side of the chamber when you lift and hold the Plenty in different positions while drawing.

I like draw and results better without the pad and holding Plenty vertical.

Curiosity drove my experimentation with tiny loads.
After several failed attempts to mod the Plenty, stumbled on "slow draw 7 up"

Yes, you may not like drawing slowly. Didn't think I would either, but I now like the lung filling feeling of the unrestricted and cool slow draw. Crafty doesn't get much use now -- feel like I'm splurging when I fill a Crafty bowl. And draw is so much more restrictive and warmer than Plenty.

One thing I didn't like was the ergonomics of keeping the herb layer level:
Bending over it like a '70s bong, eyes down, neck bent, and that damn drooling saliva!

So, tubing to the rescue. Mary Jane likes it too.

cornwalis

Sort of pressed for time. to make decision chance to grab cheep used one maybe used a dozen times. replacing my herbalair with it

With he herbie don't bag any more it's a bong Vape now Anything I need to know in a nut shell

Last edited:
cornwalis,

Socks And Sandals

Sort of pressed for time. to make decision chance to grab cheep used one maybe used a dozen times. replacing my herbalair with it

With he herbie don't bag any more it's a bong Vape now Anything I need to know in a nut shell
I love this vape but there are better choices when it comes to herb efficiency. How much of a deal would you be getting and what information would you like to know?

Socks And Sandals,

cornwalis

Any things go wrong with um Frequently is their any thing I should look at when before I buy. Comes with what ever was in the box 200cad Their pricy here Vapour quality the bowl is nice and big
I see the thread is short I use my solo a lot I pack it 2 or 3 times in a row depending how it's going am poor extraction. On it slot time it's feels sticky still
I've gone to j when out
The plenty looks like I could take it to sum one home like it would be like carting a air pump lol looks like one. Too.
Herbie I love but it's a pain when I'm a lil dizzy dam thing tips over Loose half a gram

Last edited:
cornwalis,

Socks And Sandals

I haven't had any problems with the plenty other than just finding the best technique to use it. The taste is great and the vapor is top notch. I just wish the herb chamber was smaller, and wish the auto shut off didn't exist and it just held the temperature like a thermostat. A shame this thing isn't as popular as it could be.

cornwalis

She brew nice and thick

Cool I can't afford a volc but I always loved the looks of it and I use direct draw on herbie too it sucks and hot too I had an accent tricky to use. And a inhalater crapola. Ya see the liquid pad trick does not seem to bad as long as they stay clean

cornwalis,

ChooChooCharlie

... I gotta big you up, cos that tube on the end is a f8cking great idea. stupendous!!

Hi @Trypsy Summers -- Glad you like the tubing. Desire for comfort spurs ideas.

Was doing some medicated math. Thought some out there would enjoy this.
Gratuitous pictures, too. Don't worry, no dolls.

Wondering how much slower the "air" molecules were at the wide herb chamber.
Stripped down version of continuity equation holds that V1*A1=V2*A2
(V is velocity of air, A is the cross sectional area of the tube, Pi*radius squared)

Herb chamber diameter is about three times steel coil inner diameter.
So the Area of the tube opening is nine times larger at the herb chamber.

For the chamber side of the equation to remain equal to the coil side,
the V, Velocity, must be one ninth as fast as the V in the metal coil.
That's quite an air braking system.
As I said in a prior post, this slow hot air velocity is ideal for single layer micro loads.

After further medication, realized I could do some bio-mechanical sleight of breath at the lip end:

If the mouthpiece end is smaller, the velocity will increase.
I picked a factor of two to aim for. How much smaller should the mouthpiece opening be if we double the draw velocity?
After exhaling, I figured the area must be reduced by half, so linear measure of both radius and diameter must be reduced by a factor of the inverse square root of two. That's about 0.7, so the new "tube" diameter at the mouth end must be about 70 percent of the current opening.

Currently it's an inner diameter of 3/8 in or 9.5mm
Multiplying by 0.7 gives us a new inner diameter of about 1/4 in.

Happened to have glass Ascent mouthpiece stems that are that size, complete with a lip at one end that stays snug inside current 3/8 ID silicone tubing.

It's bio-mechanical trickery because the effort required by your diaphragm to create the vacuum to "suck" the slow vapor draw remains unchanged if you really think about it.
But, the smaller draw opening with its faster stream "encourages" you to purse your cheeks/lips slightly. The faster stream gives my tongue better feedback, and I can maintain a consistent pace of draw easier. Perceived as slightly cooler with increased velocity as well.

These cool draws are so nice that I often find myself continuing to draw without visible results at the end of a session. There is an odd siphon like feeling after steady flow is sustained, and you will feel relative reduced pressure of the intake. Pardon the pun, but it really is a breathtaking experience.

Picture time!
Was playing around with options. A nice Oregon glass tip, 7thFloor tip, MFLB glass or acrylic stem, lots of options. No need to worry about materials really, as vapor is already precooled by the steel coil.

The nested one on left I call Party mode. Regular straw for each guest, slide in new one.
One in middle is Classy Glass. Nice mouth feel. Roy's blonde model likes it.
On right is Stealth mode. Camelbak bite tip. No vapor leakage. Best used alone -- saliva magnet.

Old vape from late 1700's.
You can also twist the whip around on Plenty in this orientation.
The bottom half is cool, so you can sit and steady it to rest on lap/thigh.
Temp guage faces you this way, and cord trails away from you. Comfy.

Be creative. Here's an example of a Plenty nest:

Yeah, I know, the picture would be better with a log vape.

Hi everyone, 1st time posting. Ive smoked for 5+ years, but recently got a plenty vapouriser. I've lurked for a while and read a ton of reviews on various vapourisers, i settled on the plenty.

I was loving it, cut my smoking in half and got me sooooo baked. However the past week i've been having troubles with the connections in the wire, having to twist the wire where it meets the vape, in order to get it to work.

Anyway, i twisted it today, and all of a sudden the. wire, about 1/4 away from the vape, sparked and set alight, no kidding. I've never seen this happen
to any electronic, and ive not read anything about
it happening to the plenty. I bought it off ebay, so its not under warranty, are there any knock offs of this vape? The glue on the sticker also melted off, don't know if thats happened to any of you?

Has anyone had this happen to them? If not just be aware, make sure to turn it off once your finished with it.

I'll be honest it has put me off a bit, i still love the product, but i'm having concerns about safety. I'll upload pics of it at peoples requests.

edit, pics:
DywSPX8.jpg

NzIaoic.jpg

k4CGcSX.jpg
DywSPX8.jpg
2irhlv4.jpg
NzIaoic.jpg

Last edited:
vapensmoke,

ChooChooCharlie

@vapensmoke : That scar! Painful.

Don't plug it in!

Send a pic to S&B, get repair estimate. Or get another one off Ebay.

That cord is tough. Odd.
I once sat on deck for couple sessions, then realized chair leg had been on the cord. It was dented. Next day, couldn't find dent.

A thought ... my TUV safety label is 3.5 inches from start of cord at butt of Plenty.
Noticed your cut is where label should be. Hmmm, prior ebay owner over-zealous with blade?

@vapensmoke : That scar! Painful.

Don't plug it in!

Send a pic to S&B, get repair estimate. Or get another one off Ebay.

That cord is tough. Odd.
I once sat on deck for couple sessions, then realized chair leg had been on the cord. It was dented. Next day, couldn't find dent.

A thought ... my TUV safety label is 3.5 inches from start of cord at butt of Plenty.
Noticed your cut is where label should be. Hmmm, prior ebay owner over-zealous with blade?

Aye, i thought the safety label may come up, its still on, just further down the wire, it can move up and down, like its lost its stickiness too.

Thanks ill email Storz and bickel, it was second hand, got it for £95, so about 1/2 price, so i dont know how long the previous owner had it for. Hence the warning, i was actually looking to upgrade to the volcano, but that wont be for a few months, gotta save.

I'm just gutted its died :'(

edit: i noticed that the cord gets more malluable after its been left on 7 for a couple of hours, do you have any experience of this?

ChooChooCharlie

@vapensmoke : Sorry again for your loss.
I hope you have good support around you in your time of grief.
Especially other vapes.

Your cord getting warm and/or soft is not good.
I'm no electrician, but cords are not supposed to do that.

When you said you leave it on setting 7 for a few hours --
Sounds like you have one like mine that can be rigged to continuosly cycle the heater.
I consider it a great feature, and feel fortunate my elderly ebay Plenty operates like this.
Heard from two other Plenty owners here that their switch needs release and press.

Repeating a word of caution to any Plenty owners with "fixable" switches:
Buy a Belkin power switch timer and leave it plugged onto the end of Plenty cord.
Safety first. Or a close second in my case.

I posted pic of my serial number a couple pages back.
But probably can't draw conclusions on age based on serial numbers.
Especially since you have the Centigrade temp guage.

Saw three posts elsewhere about the front sticker coming off.
From 2013. Maybe lousy adhesive used in a production run.
My label's adhesive is fine. Even after my overnight accidental setting 7 incident.

ChooChooCharlie,
@ChooChooCharlie

lol thanks man, its just back to the J's for a while until its fixed or i get a new vape. I don't think i would like to just smoke now, im too much of a vape fanboy

I don't think its rigged to stay at temp 7, i put it on that and it does drop, but then i click the trigger and it rises again. I just meant that i like to vape at a 7, and keep it close to top temp for hours.

Yeh its sounds like, unfortunatley, i got a dodgy one. I mean when i go to search 'plenty vaporizer problems' into google, nothing comes up, i have'nt heard of any issues with them, most likely just unlucky.

I emailed Storz and Bickel and they reffered me to their website, the repair request. So i'll fill that out today
Do you or anyone else have experience of getting repais from S&B? How long do they typically take?

vapensmoke,

ChooChooCharlie

Very quick turn around on my previous Crafty returns.
But with Plenty repair, not sure.
Like you said, not much discussion out there on the interwebs about Plenty repairs. Good sign.
If you're not in the States or EU you may run into both shipping and customs fees?
Maybe just buy another used one...decisions...

ChooChooCharlie,
Update: My request for repair has been approved, however they haven't quoted any price.

Would this mean its free? **fingers crossed**

I'm UK based so shipping shouldn't be a problem

I'm pretty stoked, i'll hopefully have my plenty back for xmas, and as long as it's no more than £60 i'll happily pay the repair, because it's such a good vape

vapensmoke,

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
Update: My request for repair has been approved, however they haven't quoted any price.

Would this mean its free? **fingers crossed**

I'm UK based so shipping shouldn't be a problem

I'm pretty stoked, i'll hopefully have my plenty back for xmas, and as long as it's no more than £60 i'll happily pay the repair, because it's such a good vape

You might be in luck- if it's under 2 years old it'll still be under warranty. And if it is ask them for a shipping label, it'll take longer but will save you some rupees.

Alan Partridge,
Top Bottom