Eyedunno

Long term FC members probably feel like it's deja vu all over again: Fun reading through posts from '08-'10 in SSV, DBV, HA threads. People complaining how they burn through material because the bowl is large or because they enjoy the vapor density with large loads. Then others chime in about discovering fabulous efficiency with the Purple Days log vape. Cue Twilight Zone music.

Haha, I guess so. :) I am loving the E-nano. I was really excited about the Grasshopper (which I only learned about a few weeks ago now), but I think my Nano is going to easily hold me over long enough to wait until a lot more Grasshoppers get into the wild, and see if they can improve their QC. (Definitely rooting for them though; I would love a vape pen for herbs that's good.)

Socks And Sandals

@Socks And Sandals You need to pack the herb chamber, put it in to place and then turn the unit on and let it heat up. It will work every time.

Yes I know this works and this is exactly how I've always done it.. But tonight I'm going to try EyeDunno's method of preheating with out the chamber attached to 7 and then removing the chamber during breaks.

I either do something very close to that or just even skip right from 6 to 7.

Thanks for confirming.. and I'm assuming you remove the herb chamber from the main unit unless you are constantly drawing?

Socks, give the "slow draw 7 up" technique a try for loads 0.1g and under.

Sorry, had to give it a name. @Bravesst could probably come up with a good acronym.

"7 up" because you set it to seven and keep it vertical, pointing up. No liquid pad.

This is for small loads, remember.

Most important part is "slow draw." The flow is so unrestricted with the Plenty, that it takes some practice to do a zombie like slow draw. You can lengthen the priming to 6-10 seconds around 380F. It's primed when you see the whisps of vapor rising from mouthpiece. Then take first of the long slow draws (did I mention to draw slowly?) Be an Olympian zombie and draw for over 20 seconds. Hardest part is keeping your drooling saliva from dripping out of your mouth during the long and tasty draws -- hmmm, had that problem in several situations unrelated to vaping.

Long term FC members probably feel like it's deja vu all over again: Fun reading through posts from '08-'10 in SSV, DBV, HA threads. People complaining how they burn through material because the bowl is large or because they enjoy the vapor density with large loads. Then others chime in about discovering fabulous efficiency with the Purple Days log vape. Cue Twilight Zone music.

Go ahead and use it handheld. Not hard to keep it vertical. Walk around, hand it to girlfriend, relax, just keep it vertical. Oh, one more thing: Slow down your draw. :)

I think I've mentioned this before but I've always taken slow draws with this.. Slow 8 to 10 second draws. The thing I don't understand is the amount you're referring to won't cover the screen and I remember this from your previous pictures.

So if I want to try a super small amount No liquid pad.. just a sprinkle like in your previous pic?

I also wanted to point out.. I haven't been very observant with eyeballing small amounts and my scale doesn't read into the hundredths.

I think I may have asked this before but when weighting out my herb... I don't weight grinded herb.. It's too messy. I only weight buds and then grind. Surely this is approximately the same weight especially if my strain doesn't have any stems.

In the meantime I've been reading this thread and I'm amazed and very skeptical at some of these statements, opinions and user statistics. There is a guy in this thread that said a gram and a half can last him a month with another vape, Another guy said he doesn't value The Vape Critic and there seems to be some resentment to the guy not just in this thread but in other forums here as well and I don't understand it. My only problem with the guy is he doesn't do the lesser known vapes.

Anyhow I'm still reading and want to finish this thread by tomorrow, Also been reading the Rez Block thread and been busy skimming through the Evo thread as well. Too much information and too little time my friend! :)

Socks And Sandals,

Eyedunno

I finally got one of those basket screens mentioned earlier in the thread. I combined mine with a PTFE (Teflon) washer and a sacrificed S&B liquid pad to come up with this:
jhsGLVE.jpg

The setup pictured does not produce satisfactory results, unfortunately.

You have to turn it upside down, which seems to work best (though still not well) by loading it on the top (black) side of the chamber. When you do this, it really RIPS with a tiny bit (I'm estimating .02 to .03) of loosely-packed material.

Having said that, I'm still back to the E-nano--so simple, so satisfying, so controllable, not to mention beautiful and feels good in the hand. :) It's really a pipe lover's dream vape.

rushncrush

first time poster.. I skimmed through this massive thread and only have one burning question.. I hear the plenty is a weed hog, but then I hear you can use the screen for small amounts.. which is it? my only other vape is an arizer solo.. i usually pack that thing full / over flowing.. would an amount near that be good for plenty vape session?

rushncrush,

Socks And Sandals

I finally got one of those basket screens mentioned earlier in the thread. I combined mine with a PTFE (Teflon) washer and a sacrificed S&B liquid pad to come up with this:
jhsGLVE.jpg

The setup pictured does not produce satisfactory results, unfortunately.

You have to turn it upside down, which seems to work best (though still not well) by loading it on the top (black) side of the chamber. When you do this, it really RIPS with a tiny bit (I'm estimating .02 to .03) of loosely-packed material.

Having said that, I'm still back to the E-nano--so simple, so satisfying, so controllable, not to mention beautiful and feels good in the hand. :) It's really a pipe lover's dream vape.

Absolutely sucks this set up didn't work.

Anyhow I'm off to try things your way by setting it at 7, and then throwing the chamber on this bad boy! :D

Edit: Holy shit, I'm medicated! You were right brother, that made all the difference in the world!!! So why didn't S&B include this method instead of telling us to preheat the chamber?:doh:

But yeah, right now I'm beginning to question why i needed another vape!!! Did this with a 0.3 and there's still more in there!:tup:

Conclusion... this method is far superior to what S&B recommends in the manual and quick start guides IMO. I'm actually looking at this vape in a whole different light right now! Yes really.. Just medicated and feeling friggen good! Thanks again man!

Last edited:
Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: whateverman

Eyedunno

Absolutely sucks this set up didn't work.
The setup works as long as you reverse it and have the opening of the mesh basket facing down, with the PTFE washer also facing down (to help restrict airflow).

I got good, strong (and largely unobstructed) hits off of very little material. It's just not really as good of an overall experience for me as the Nano.

And holy geez, I have yet to combust on my nano. I have gotten pretty dark brown when I was using 7.5 (before I realized the best screen usage). Especially after 45 minutes or more at 6.5, it does a really great job on a small amount of material, and it's a gift that keeps on giving, as you can stir it up pretty aggressively after the material gets dehydrated to pulverize it a bit and get even more vapor.

Glad that method worked for you!

Edit:
first time poster.. I skimmed through this massive thread and only have one burning question.. I hear the plenty is a weed hog, but then I hear you can use the screen for small amounts.. which is it? my only other vape is an arizer solo.. i usually pack that thing full / over flowing.. would an amount near that be good for plenty vape session?

You can use the liquid pad for small amounts, but not that small (perhaps 1/4 full), and the experience won't be as good. It's certainly doable, but not as efficient as it could be and as other vapes are (including S&B's own Crafty, which works great with very small amounts and its own liquid pad on top).

Last edited:

Socks And Sandals

You can use the liquid pad for small amounts, but not that small (perhaps 1/4 full), and the experience won't be as good. It's certainly doable, but not as efficient as it could be and as other vapes are (including S&B's own Crafty, which works great with very small amounts and its own liquid pad on top).

The way I've always understood it from the manual is to use the liquid pad unless we are actually filling the entire chamber to the brim with herb. I think that's why there is that recessed cavity in the black cap where the liquid pad actually slips into for bigger bowls.

I've put well over a 0.7 and still used the pad because the way I see it, any movement and space in that chamber is going to affect the surface area so the air doesn't pass through evenly. Unless of course you are using it on a stable desk or table without moving and tilting it of course.

Just curious.. do you own or have you used a Crafty? I am still eyeballing that Mighty down the line for vacations and such. If you had to guess how much more efficient is the Crafty/Mighty (same bowl size I hear) compared to the Plenty? And is it really just mainly due to the bowl size.. nothing else? It still uses a combination of convection and conduction like the Plenty after all.

Last edited:
Socks And Sandals,

Eyedunno

Just curious.. do you own or have you used a Crafty? I am still eyeballing that Mighty down the line for vacations and such. If you had to guess how much more efficient is the Crafty/Mighty (same bowl size I hear) compared to the Plenty? And is it really just mainly due to the bowl size.. nothing else? It still uses a combination of convection and conduction like the Plenty after all.

Yeah, love the Crafty, but I hear (from these forums, actually :) ) it has reliability issues, so I've taken to using it pretty infrequently. It is more efficient than the Plenty, and I do think that's in part a function of chamber size. I couldn't put a number on how much more efficient it is though. For me personally, the Crafty is a superior experience to the Plenty, period. It gets big demerits for having a built-in battery (which I suspect has at least something to do with most of the issues) and smaller demerits for the chamber that can't be removed (though that kind of comes with the territory when you're dealing with portable vapes that are not of the Arizer variety). I feel like the draw resistance is great though (I like having a little, but not too much), I love how it vibrates at just the right times, and even the temperature presets are perfect for me. Oh, size and feel in the hand are also very nice. :)

Socks And Sandals

Yeah, love the Crafty, but I hear (from these forums, actually :) ) it has reliability issues, so I've taken to using it pretty infrequently. It is more efficient than the Plenty, and I do think that's in part a function of chamber size. I couldn't put a number on how much more efficient it is though. For me personally, the Crafty is a superior experience to the Plenty, period. It gets big demerits for having a built-in battery (which I suspect has at least something to do with most of the issues) and smaller demerits for the chamber that can't be removed (though that kind of comes with the territory when you're dealing with portable vapes that are not of the Arizer variety). I feel like the draw resistance is great though (I like having a little, but not too much), I love how it vibrates at just the right times, and even the temperature presets are perfect for me. Oh, size and feel in the hand are also very nice. :)

Well since they are essentially the same unit besides the battery life and having full temp control without the need for an app, I think when I'm ready, I'll probably go for the Mighty for sure. I'm curious if you can elaborate more on how the Crafty is a better experience than the Plenty?

I'm still amazed at how high i got last night with your method of preheating without the chamber attached. I mean seriously.. why would S&B tell us to attach it? I'm sure it has to do with their safety concern of people burning themselves. I'm really talking about a night and day difference here. Not only that, but the vapor was just thicker and fuller..probably due to not being preheated I'd guess. As a matter of fact the first 5 hits reminded me a lot of the first hit or 2 from the E-Nano I had... very flavorful and very thick!

Last edited:
Socks And Sandals,

Eyedunno

Well since they are essentially the same unit besides the battery life and having full temp control without the need for an app, I think when I'm ready, I'll probably go for the Mighty for sure. I'm curious if you can elaborate more on how the Crafty is a better experience than the Plenty?
Well, it's already been mentioned it does better with smaller amounts of material. It's also way more user-friendly than the Plenty. It vibrates to let you know it's at temperature. Then it vibrates again to let you know it's shutting down. It's also not an unwieldy monstrosity. :)

I'm still amazed at how high i got last night with your method of preheating without the chamber attached. I mean seriously.. why would S&B tell us to attach it? I'm sure it has to do with their safety concern of people burning themselves. I'm really talking about a night and day difference here. Not only that, but the vapor was just thicker and fuller..probably due to not being preheated I'd guess. As a matter of fact the first 5 hits reminded me a lot of the first hit or 2 from the E-Nano I had... very flavorful and very thick!
Honestly, I started preheating with the chamber off when I noticed that my material could be consumed without me taking one hit. I learned the seven-to-six technique to use in combination with it from some forum poster, but it makes sense.

EVlL 55

Hello everyone. ..
I have been reading up the forum here trying to catch up on plenty info..
You guys really have some brilliant and ambitious ideas..I appreciate them all and apply most.
Theres something very special about the plenty I haven't captured yet after a few years now..I can't put my finger on it...I just know there's more than meets the eye..
..definitely a thinking man's vape w/ devastating effects..in a good way.
I used to pre grind all the time,..and air dry my goods before I'd vape em...I just now broke out my mulcher and have been using a bit more of a course grind w/ excellent results in the plenty,crafty and mighty.
..the thing that's been chapping my pouch lately is the failure/return rate of basically every vaporizer that comes out for fux sake...
Seriously,..like every one has an issue,..or a v2 of itself in a month..after the "kinks" from the v1 get worked out.
I know its a fairly young industry,..and electronics are funny like that...but if all my other electrical devices had the same issues I'd be amish.
..but it is for this reason it turns into an addiction I think...there's always something new and upgraded..and the competition between manufacturers to build the best vape for me will never get old.

Eyedunno

..the thing that's been chapping my pouch lately is the failure/return rate of basically every vaporizer that comes out for fux sake...
I've only had my E-nano for about a week now, but judging by the E-nano, Underdog, and HI threads, log vapes are very reliable compared to more "gadgety" vapes. I have also heard the Volcano holds up really well. And actually, I expect the Plenty to hold up well too; you may have to replace parts here and there, but the heater unit itself seems pretty solid.

EVlL 55

Yea...iv had my crotch walnut about a year...and that is true,..as far as logs vs.gadgetry...
But I find,..and this is just my opinion,..that the nano a little tedious and fickle for an everyday driver....again..just my opinion.
I use it for specific strains..flavor and impact and whatnot..
....but for my mains,..or my mids,..I found the repetitive small loads a hassle.
It sure is good lookin tho...

whateverman

My plenty is a bit weird. It only has 2 or 3 temperature settings. For example, it doesn't matter is I set it on 5 or 7, because it's automatically heat up to the max. 3-5 setting doesn't provide enough heat to generate vapor.

Should I send my unit in?

bobo305

how we got into a plenty vs e-nano comparison is weird. 2 totally different type vapes, both great but different. e-nano is a 1, 2, or 3 hitter vape. small loads but powerful. plenty is a ripper's vape, made for .25gms (with pad) and above in my opinion. I love my plenty because I like to get mummified. my son has the e-nano and it's great for a few hit session.

Eyedunno

Sorry. Pretty sure I started it. But yeah, that capacity thing and thinking about ways to reduce it and still get good vapor is what brought me to this thread and also to the nano.

bobo305

you microscopic load dudes kill me. .01, .1, .15gms...e.t.c..lol........damn, that's like a 1/8 of a joint. so if you use .2 or .25 as a minimum load in the plenty that's excessive? not to me or most guys. the plenty is the wrong vape for those types. do your research before buying, not after.

Socks And Sandals

Well, it's already been mentioned it does better with smaller amounts of material. It's also way more user-friendly than the Plenty. It vibrates to let you know it's at temperature. Then it vibrates again to let you know it's shutting down. It's also not an unwieldy monstrosity. :)

Honestly, I started preheating with the chamber off when I noticed that my material could be consumed without me taking one hit. I learned the seven-to-six technique to use in combination with it from some forum poster, but it makes sense.

I always knew that the material could still be vaporized and unlike you I just failed to think to do it. I guess I was just going through a move and all the stress that goes with that. Believe it or not I really have a new found love for my Plenty since you gave me this advice! After the 4 sessions I've had with it since.. I've clearly decided not to sell it!!! :clap:I honestly love this thing now and with the rumor of them giving us a smaller chamber soon, It's a pretty easy decision!

I plan on skipping the Crafty completely and just go for the Mighty when I'm ready. Depending on what technology gives us in the next few years and depending on how much I end up loving my new Evo, I don't think I'll be looking into too many more vapes after this for a while.

I really want to try out a Mighty and a Volcano now actually.

Last edited:
Socks And Sandals,

Socks And Sandals

Yea...iv had my crotch walnut about a year...and that is true,..as far as logs vs.gadgetry...
But I find,..and this is just my opinion,..that the nano a little tedious and fickle for an everyday driver....again..just my opinion.
I use it for specific strains..flavor and impact and whatnot..
....but for my mains,..or my mids,..I found the repetitive small loads a hassle.
It sure is good lookin tho...

I agree completely but it's mainly due to the constant reloading. I guess that's the price we all pay with the Nano for efficiency. Despite my bad first experience with the Nano, even I will say the thing is beyond efficient! So much so I started looking at the Solo next but ended up gravitating towards the Evo instead.

<<<< Your Avatar is Karloff right? Pretty sure that is!:cool:

My plenty is a bit weird. It only has 2 or 3 temperature settings. For example, it doesn't matter is I set it on 5 or 7, because it's automatically heat up to the max. 3-5 setting doesn't provide enough heat to generate vapor.

Should I send my unit in?

Absolutely man! That def doesn't sound good.

Sorry. Pretty sure I started it. But yeah, that capacity thing and thinking about ways to reduce it and still get good vapor is what brought me to this thread and also to the nano.

Believe it or not.. Efficiency and Bowl size are exactly what brought me here and to the Nano as well! Just thought that was kind of funny!:rofl:

I think you'd love the mighty @Socks And Sandals . it's smooth and tasty. Too bad s&b's has bad customer service.

Well I keep hearing (whatever it is and call it what you want to) the signature vapor quality is the same in all S&B vapes. The difference being the delivery system and the draw resistance or so I hear. If this is true it's a very good thing. I just really dig the temp control but only wonder.. what exactly is it measuring? Specifically? Same question applies to the Volcano.

Also I've been reading through this thread and it really amuses me. Especially the attitude towards the vape critic, and people saying the reason why this thread isn't as active and as large as over vaporizers is due to the fact it's so simple and there isn't any attachments and room for discussion? I totally disagree. This vape involves technique in order to get the most out of our material and other methods should be discussed.

Last edited:
Socks And Sandals,

Eyedunno

you microscopic load dudes kill me. .01, .1, .15gms...e.t.c..lol........damn, that's like a 1/8 of a joint. so if you use .2 or .25 as a minimum load in the plenty that's excessive? not to me or most guys. the plenty is the wrong vape for those types. do your research before buying, not after.
A joint is also the least efficient way to smoke, short of maybe throwing your stash in a fireplace and trying to suck out the smoke with a straw. Even my bowl-smoking habits have been such that 7g could easily go over a month, smoking every evening. I agree on the research part though; I wish I'd gone through this thread and looked at more stuff on Vaporents before buying the Plenty. I certainly put too much faith in the high-profile YouTube reviews, and I won't make that mistake again (though I still watch and enjoy Vape Critic and Vapelife Will sometimes). But is it really that weird to expect to get better efficiency from a vape than from a pipe? :p

Socks And Sandals

A joint is also the least efficient way to smoke, short of maybe throwing your stash in a fireplace and trying to suck out the smoke with a straw. Even my bowl-smoking habits have been such that 7g could easily go over a month, smoking every evening. I agree on the research part though; I wish I'd gone through this thread and looked at more stuff on Vaporents before buying the Plenty. I certainly put too much faith in the high-profile YouTube reviews, and I won't make that mistake again (though I still watch and enjoy Vape Critic and Vapelife Will sometimes). But is it really that weird to expect to get better efficiency from a vape than from a pipe? :p

I can't even remember the last time I ever rolled anything when I'm putting my cash in on it. Such a waste.. just bleeding out the end. It doesn't matter if it's a blunt, joint, or a cheech and chong doobie from Up In Smoke... If I am paying for the herb, that's just not how I do things. Completely agree. In fact the only time I have smoked a joint is if it was a free first time patient gift from a new dispensary. But now I'd just slit it down the side and vape it obviously.

Socks And Sandals,

Eyedunno

I can't even remember the last time I ever rolled anything when I'm putting my cash in on it. Such a waste.. just bleeding out the end. It doesn't matter if it's a blunt, joint, or a cheech and chong doobie from Up In Smoke... If I am paying for the herb, that's just not how I do things. Completely agree. In fact the only time I have smoked a joint is if it was a free first time patient gift from a new dispensary. But now I'd just slit it down the side and vape it obviously.
Yeah, I've smoked the first time patient joints, and they're pretty nice, to tell the truth, but yeah, rolling is not usually how I roll :lol: I must say, though, the nice Raw papers and crutches the kids today are using are miles ahead of the Randy's papers I used to think were so awesome, and I do have a pack of papers in case I'm feeling froggy, but that's almost never. :p

Eyedunno,

bobo305

Calling members "dense" breaks our Be Nice rule. Warning point issued.
you dudes are dense. I haven't smoked a joint in 30 years, I mention joint to illustrate that .2 or .3 is not a lot of weed to vape. you dudes who want to vape .01 are just too funny.

bobo305,
Top Bottom