whateverman

People here are a little bit strange, they are not thinking as scientists.

What you are saying is just impossible. Changing the tip wont change the performance of the vap itself.

Some people here are stange, they are complaining about the plenty but still using it..

Personally what i have noticed is that sometimes the plenty doesnt give big clouds but when i put the same material in the volcano i notice the exact same thing, the balloon is not filled up as usual, a way clearer, so the conclusion is that it's the material the problem not the vaporizers..

But if me and another couple of people compare the two tips, one is the original cooling coil and the second is the glass stem, and saw a huge difference?
I know it's not scientific since me nor my friends are scientists, and we don't have a lab. Yet this mod is working like a charm.

whateverman,

tjsop

Waiting to see other people having he same point of view of yours.. Personaly i thought the plenty was delevring less draws than the volcano so i counted them with a pen and a paper to be sure and it was difficult to count regarding the conditions but i found that it was almost the same so... You have to be careful with these kind of statements..
When you see how big the tip of some vap are as the budha or the vapor machin or Vapor Tower or again the verdamper i really dont think that the length of the tips is playing a big role in it otherwise all the vaps should come with tips of 10 cm...And it's not the case and they made their homeworks i think before selling their machins.

Last edited:
tjsop,

Michel

It would be appreciate if you could count the draws regarding a certain amount in g, first to be sure and second to let us compare from our side. And try to put the same degrees on both devices before the tests.
Comparing the number of draws different vapes can deliver ,even with the exact same amount of material, to estimate extraction or whatever is nonsense. Simply because of different vapor densities and extraction styles. Also temperatures of different vapes aren't really comparable. Even with 2 plentys it's all about precise temp sensors and calibration (and s&b is very good at this), so comparing a crafty to the plenty won't tell you anything since even the twins crafty and mighty are already having big differences in performance. Think of a more conductive or at least more radiant extraction caused by the smaller ball size the crafty has...
Or the condensation surface the vapor gets in contact with. The glass stem @Tek used is shorter and could provide less cooling and condensation than the plenty's cooling coil. I can't imagine this plays a big roll but I can confirm I loose quiete a lot of activities in the Mighty's CU, not so with other vapes with shorter vape paths.

How would you compare 0.1 in the MFLB giving endless whispy hits to the cloud evo finishing 0.1 in one hit? Not very scientific ;)
I can finish a full bowl ~ 0.2 in 3-6 hits filtering through water in the mighty. My MFLB will probably give me endless whispy hits until the material is black with half of the amount of material.

I totaly desagree. The plenty holds it the same way than the crafty.
What makes you so sure they have the same bowl size? I can promise you there is a really big difference...

Last edited:

tjsop

What makes me so sure is my daily use ..

I can accept little differences and its normal regarding just how you inhale for exemple but no huge ones, this would be nonsense.. And my speech was for S&B products only. If i asked to compare plenty vs crafty its because they share the same technology.

tjsop,

Michel

I don't have a plenty so I'm not going to pick a fight with you, but I had a volcano for almost a year and I can tell you for sure s&b product lines aren't comparable between them. It's pretty much like apples and oranges, different vapes with different signatures. Of course inhalation technique can influence performance. But didn't you realize the very different design concepts? Like I said, you can't count the number of draws to estimate performance or extraction grade. The plenty is able to heat an airflow about 30l/min with 100 watts and the crafty is 10l/min with 27 watts.

What makes me so sure is my daily use ...
May I correct you? Crafty bowl volume is 1,4 ccm or cm^3 and plenty bowl volume is 3,4 ccm. So this means plenty bowl is 2,5 x larger compared to the s&b portables.

Only as a quick overview: the plenty pulls ~3 times more wattage to heat up a ~3 times larger air flow that will pass through a ~3 times larger bowl...

Only the crafty and the mighty are sharing the same technology. There is an interesting FAQ on the s&b website you could read for more informations about this.

tjsop

Plenty and crafty are sharing the same technology, its written on their site, a mix between conduction and convection. You can share the same tech on different proportions so talking about bowl size is not relevant.
He said it holds longer so counting draws with same material at same temperature could give at least an idea of that "longer" which shouldnt be that much..and from my opinion no existing almost.

tjsop,

Michel

Plenty and crafty are sharing the same technology, its written on their site, a mix between conduction and convection.
Conduction or convection aren't technologies. Those are different ways for heat transmission like you already knew for sure. (The influence of radiation is often forgotten).
Every vape uses conduction and convection (and radiation) in different percentages, not only s&b vapes. Why should this then be "a proof" for similar technologies in the plenty and crafty if the arizer solo, the Minivap or probably every other vape out there uses the same "technology"? Even the volcano does use some conduction if we wanted to start nitpicking about physics. Convection always causes some conduction because it heats the bowl wands, too. I don't get what you mean but probably it's me. Perhaps we don't mean the same if we are talking about "technology"...

I never said bowl size is relevant (...even if I think it is. The bowl from the crafty is smaller in diameter, this leads automatically to more conduction. Simple maths.)
I totaly desagree. The plenty holds it the same way than the crafty. I tested it..
Apparently you need a better, more scientific testing... :) Comparing the number of draws from different units is as accurate as measuring bowl sizes by using grinded material.

But perhaps we can conclude this discussion with: all s&b vapes are good engineered! So, in a way, all those units may be similar to each other.

:peace:

Cant you folks just get medicated, not give a fuck, and just enjoy the device like the rest of us:D
Sorry boys but I have been reading along and having a good old laugh as well. I'm guessing none of you have read the 34 pages of this thread :D:bang: I'm also pretty sure that S & B mention the size/capacity of the herb chambers for all of their vaporizers on their website.

whateverman

Yup I just checked s&b's website and learned from the comparison chart, that the crafty&mighty's chamber size is 0.09 cu.in and the plenty's is 0.2 cu.in.

So it's basically twice the size.

But the chamber size is not the issue here - it's the efficiency.
And no, I can't just say "fuck it" because my 350$ device does not working in an optimal fashion.

Source: http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/faq/

whateverman,
Reactions: Michel

Michel

Cant you folks just get medicated, not give a fuck, and just enjoy the device like the rest of us:D

I don't even have a plenty. I don't know what I'm doing in this thread by myself :D
At least we added some posts to the very short plenty thread. :lol:

Yup I just checked s&b's website and learned from the comparison chart, that the crafty&mighty's chamber size is 0.09 cu.in and the plenty's is 0.2 cu.in.

Source: http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/faq/
Ah, I always forget that I'm a part of a minority here on the forum using the metric system!

tjsop

I never said bowl size is relevant (...even if I think it is. The bowl from the crafty is smaller in diameter, this leads automatically to more conduction. Simple maths.)

I agree with this from a logic point of view but when you look at the abv you cant conclude to this as the plenty and crafty's abv is just the same, really really brown compared to the volcano one. Also when i put the volcano at his maximum i almost get the same abv but clearer.

But perhaps we can conclude this discussion with: all s&b vapes are good engineered! So, in a way, all those units may be similar to each other.

Let's conclude to this :nod: :tup:

Last edited:
tjsop,
Reactions: Michel

Michel

Sorry boys but I have been reading along and having a good old laugh as well. I'm guessing none of you have read the 34 pages of this thread :D:bang: I'm also pretty sure that S & B mention the size/capacity of the herb chambers for all of their vaporizers on their website.

I already realized not everybody here in the forum has the time and the patience to understand my ironic posts... I can assure you I read the thread and also s&b FAQ more than once, on German and on English ;) But it's ok, at least you had a laugh... :peace:

@tjsop If you want simply a darker ABV and more conduction happening when using the volcano, you could let sit the valve on it between bag filling to increase the bowl heat.

sry Stu for double-posting, I tried to merge the quotation above with my original post for almost an hour!
Edit: thx tjsop, it's not a double post of mine any more!

Last edited:
Michel,
Reactions: tjsop

tjsop

Thanks Michel for the tips i ll try :evil:

But the chamber size is not the issue here - it's the efficiency.
And no, I can't just say "fuck it" because my 350$ device does not working in an optimal fashion.

If you talk about the cooling coil use, did you clean everything ? The pad, the screens and the coil ? To clean everything i used Ethanol, it came cleaned as brand new. Let the pad, the screens and the coil in the liquid 30 min first. For the pad i hit it while it is in the liquid and at every hit you see all the dirt caming out. For the coil, some ethanol in it, then shake it and to finish in hot water on a gaz make it boil. After the 30 min with your fingers rip off the dirt of the screens. I use my plenty almost every day, this has to be made every 5 months to have it working well.

Last edited:

whateverman

If you talk about the cooling coil use, did you clean everything ? The pad, the screens and the coil ? To clean everything i used Ethanol, it came cleaned as brand new. Let the pad, the screens and the coil in the liquid 30 min first. For the pad i hit it while it is in the liquid and at every hit you see all the dirt caming out. For the coil, some ethanol in it, then shake it and to finish in hot water on a gaz make it boil. After the 30 min with your fingers rip off the dirt of the screens. I use my plenty almost every day, this has to be made every 5 months to have it working well.

Now that you mention it, no I did not clean everything before use.
I jave no Idea where to get Ethanol, though.

whateverman,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm a Mighty and Plenty owner, not with super vape experience (six months), but learning quickly. I had to return a Crafty because of an overheating, dead battery, and S&B upgraded me to the awesome Mighty. I want to master the Plenty, or to be able to use it efficiently. What I consider efficient, is long session, good clouds, relaxing high, not a ton of material. I can't seem to get this unless I use a lot in the bowl. The liquid pad must be tough to master, and the herb must shift (no vapor). I want to conserve my Mighty, and use the power of my Plenty, I just need to learn how without blowing through an oz. in the process.

jadenx2

could I load it up with ~2g and just hit throughout a week for example? is it ok to just leave it there for later use?

sorry if this is a stupid question but the plenty is my first ever vape. thanks!

jadenx2,

tjsop

could I load it up with ~2g and just hit throughout a week for example? is it ok to just leave it there for later use?
sorry if this is a stupid question but the plenty is my first ever vape. thanks!

Nope, if i were you i should have split the 2g in four parts to get the divins hits at the begening four times instead of once. :drool:

I'm a Mighty and Plenty owner, not with super vape experience (six months), but learning quickly. I had to return a Crafty because of an overheating, dead battery, and S&B upgraded me to the awesome Mighty. I want to master the Plenty, or to be able to use it efficiently. What I consider efficient, is long session, good clouds, relaxing high, not a ton of material. I can't seem to get this unless I use a lot in the bowl. The liquid pad must be tough to master, and the herb must shift (no vapor). I want to conserve my Mighty, and use the power of my Plenty, I just need to learn how without blowing through an oz. in the process.

There is nothing particular to master in the pad to vap, maybe to clean it yes but i gave an very good advice just above to get it clean as new. The pad just holds the herb and maybe helps to cook it at little bit.
My best advices is first get your vap clean every four or five months of use. Put your herb and then do 5.5 two times, 6 two times, and 7 until it finish. You will be well medicated with nice long session and big clouds this way.
Same here i conserve my crafty.. I use it just outside that's why it's important to get a desktop vap too :D

Last edited:
tjsop,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Your right in saying there is something missing from your high for you when you vape instead of bong.. What is missing is all the nasty toxins (benzene and tar for example).... believe it or not that's what's hitting the spot when you have your water pipe and that is what is missing from your vape hits... I've been there myself, read this thread from when i first joined - my situation was the exact same as yours - I couldn't imagine leaving the bong behind for the vape cus the vape just didn't hit the spot...

take the advice i took from the people in the link below, just stick to vaporizing for 2 weeks and don't bong... before long your situation will be turned round and you will prefer vapor over smoke and smoke will no longer hit the spot , in fact it will taste and seem dirty to you.. (seems crazy i know but read that thread all the way through and you'll see what i'm talking about)

You could buy or use any vape in the world with any technique and it wouldn't hit the spot for you at the moment.. because whats hitting the spot in the bong is the nasty stuff in the smoke that isn't in vapor

Hope this helps

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threa...y-sorta-thing-give-me-ur-opinion-please.3105/
42 year smoker just converted via S&B products, and now smoking does NOT do it, and tastes dirty - after a few months. Vaping is more control, higher quality.

tjsop

Ya, vaping is magic. You are inside the flower..

I invit you to test this, eat some hagan daz icecream and then vap, the mix is phenomenal in your mouth.

tjsop,

tjsop

Thanks to the plenty i understood that i was messing up with the volcano. The plenty's abv was so dark compared to the volcano one that i told myself i missed something there and yes.. I was always stoping at 202 celcius after the second ballon because i dont really like that toasty taste but in fact i can get 4-5 bags if i go to the 230° C. Effectively the abv becomes dark as almost the same way of the plenty now.. And damn it hits very loud this way..

So now with the cano i do 195 - 200 - 205 - 215 - 230. It's important to stay at low temp to get fresh vapor but if you want to get higher you have to go high temp. And the quality of the goodies its important too because i noticed that some can give enough vapor for a fifth bag while others not..

Its weerd that there is no that toasty taste with the plenty despite the fact that i put it to the max temp.

Why ? Is the volcano going higher in temp or its the technology ? The toasty taste begins at 205 with the cano and the plenty reachs this temp too. Because at the end its just hot air passing through materials.. It's obvious that i get more vapor now from the volcano than the plenty but the last two bags are not very good from a taste point of view.. But the first three are :tup::drool:

Maybe this is linked to the name of the machins.. Plenty for the taste vs Volcano for the quantity of vapor. Because for the taste the plenty wins but for the quantity its the cano.

Last edited:
tjsop,

tjsop

Sorry for the multiple posts.. But i want to correct this.. The toasty taste with the cano begins more at 210-215.. But the plenty reachs this temp too i think. And this bad taste seems to be less present when you do multiple bags from low temp like it was shared between them all.. The perfect vap should deliver the quantity of the cano with the taste of the first hits of the plenty during all the session.. The big dream :luv:

Last edited:
tjsop,

whateverman

I believe my Plenty is not doing it's job. My abv color is light and I can't seem to get the desired effects (that can be achieved with other vapes).

I've decided I'm going to sell my Plenty. How disappointing.

Maybe I'll get the E-nano instead.

P.S did anyone try and cool the cooling coil in a freezer? :)

Last edited:
whateverman,
Reactions: tjsop

EVlL 55

..hello everyone.
...I too after about a year of trying everything I could think of to get my plenty to perform consistently was just about to sell it off...
...I just now realized the orange rings lever,..that screws down to the heater,..while attached to the coil,..only reaches barely to the "close" indication.
....so I screwed the orange down first,..by itself to the heater with it locked all the way to close..then packed it up,..and screwed on the coil.
...the differacne was drastic...and it now performs spot on..every time this way...
...obviously there was a gap I guess in between the heater and exchange...but she was close to being listed...and I'm so glad it's not because the plenty is what it is,..a freight train that hits like cinder block...sure it eats weed and the lever tapping nonsense is a bitch but when it's on its ON!.

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
Tried the Plenty through the MFLB Orbiter, if you take the mouthpiece off the whip tubing fits in nicely. All I can say is wow.... gives this vape a whole new lease of life. Endless clouds, and much smoother as hitting it dry would always make me cough.

It never gets mentioned but the taste from the Plenty on lower temps is awesome, comparable to convection vapes imo.

I've been thinking about selling it, but after hooking it up to water I'm having second thoughts. It's a shame it doesn't get much love, it's a good piece of kit.

Top Bottom