biohacker

It's more the lack of battery and desktop status that makes me want the plenty. I can't imagine the vapour quality being all that different. I just don't wanna destroy my Mighty's battery prematurely by using it at home. I think I'm up to the bigger bowl!

jim-bob

I've got a Plenty and while I don't use it that often, i love it for those "OK, KIDS, LET'S DRINK FROM THE FIREHOSE!!" moments. Filling that chamber up means minimal interruptions in my shameful netflix binging, and something about the heating/triggering/whatever system works great for me in that context.

Worst one-hitter ever, though.

GrkCdn

It's more the lack of battery and desktop status that makes me want the plenty. I can't imagine the vapour quality being all that different. I just don't wanna destroy my Mighty's battery prematurely by using it at home. I think I'm up to the bigger bowl!

It's funny. I have that concern on the back of my mind with the Mighty. Getting the Mighty has made me happier about having the plenty. I have the awesome portable if I need it but the Plenty is analog and plug in and a huge bowl for nice sessions. It'll compliment the mighty well and extend its life.

whateverman

Hey all.

I'm a devoted vape user. I own an Arizer Solo, and have experienced several different vaporizers in Amsterdam.

Since I use my Solo (much love!) quite often, I have to recharge it 3-4 times a day. So I was thinking hell, why not get a desktop unit? So After researching and reading raving reviews about it, I decided on the Plenty.

After several big bowls, I feel some effect, but certainly not what I expected from a 400$ device (yup, that's how much it costs here).

It also has a few issues. It takes like 4 minutes to get to a high temperature.
You pick it up, and the mofo is HOT. Like Ouch that hurts hot. So I have to be careful and touch ONLY the handle.
I can't load bowl after bowl because the chamber is way too hot to touch. It also takes a while until it cools down again so you can load another bowl or store it!

I did use the included the liquid pad to the chamber so the herb won't fly all over the place.

I actually feel bad I spent so much on something I'm not pleased with.

whateverman,
Reactions: biohacker

GrkCdn

That's odd to me. It never feels too hot and I have no problem loading it up. It takes a few mins but not 4 or so. It also hits hard. Especially with the liquid pad but that's my experience.

whateverman

That's odd to me. It never feels too hot and I have no problem loading it up. It takes a few mins but not 4 or so. It also hits hard. Especially with the liquid pad but that's my experience.

Do you know how much herb you put inside the chamber? also how is your tolerance ?

whateverman,

GrkCdn

I would say it's pretty high. Definitely a big part of my life. I put enough to fill the bowl about halfway i suppose and then put the pad on top. At most I'll fill it almost all the way so I have room to put put the pad on

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
I would say it's pretty high. Definitely a big part of my life. I put enough to fill the bowl about halfway i suppose and then put the pad on top. At most I'll fill it almost all the way so I have room to put put the pad on
I got my plenty a few months after it was released so I've had it for a while. Mine never gets hot to the touch and it rips so hard it'll make ya cough. A full chamber would get me and the entire room blasted. Sounds like the heat from your unit may be going to the wrong place. I'd contact SB.

whateverman

I got my plenty a few months after it was released so I've had it for a while. Mine never gets hot to the touch and it rips so hard it'll make ya cough. A full chamber would get me and the entire room blasted. Sounds like the heat from your unit may be going to the wrong place. I'd contact SB.

Ok, I've emailed them. Let's see how it goes.

whateverman,
Reactions: GrkCdn

eddiezheadiez

So pissed off at myself for not taking advantage of TorontoVaporizer's sale on the Plenty for $299! Fack!

That's the new price set by S&B. They lowered all their prices not too long ago, check out the website (S&B). I'm tempted to get a Plenty myself, because I vape with friends often. It would be nice to just load the chamber once and not have to fuss with anything after that.

eddiezheadiez,
Reactions: biohacker

GrkCdn

Yeaaaah buddyyyy. Prices went up again! It was madness! I'm glad I got my mighty when I did and I got money credited back from vaporizers.ca on my plenty purchase. I would imagine for Americans that it would be cheaper to order from Canadian retailers even with duties. At least when it was price matched.

GrkCdn

I think I have a problem! Lol I'm new to vaping but I'm in sales and salespeople sell themselves harder than anyone else lol. So I'm very much sold on vaping! I love my plenty but my haze wasn't cutting it for herb and the mighty is bloody mighty lol. I'll use my haze now for concentrate to spare my mighty. The warranty and service with haze is the best I've ever experienced and I feel comfortable using the haze for any concentrates without worries. I'm sure the Mighty kills it with concentrates but I just feel like I'm dooming it if I do that. I just see it seeping thru the pad into the heating element thing. That would be no good.

biohacker

It definitely seeps through at least to the sides and i'm not using that much. I love my Mighty so much that i'm starting to forget about the Plenty....that is unless I HAVE to have it? What do you think!?

GrkCdn

The Mighty is awesome but the Plenty has a much larger filling chamber and no worry for batteries. For a social setting with 3-4 friends it is so much easier to pack and get everyone baked. Otherwise you're packing bowl after bowl in the mighty. Between myself and my girlfriend we need about 3 bowls, depending how stressful work was, filled 80% of the way, to get a solid buzz .....whereas one bowl of the plenty filled about 70% of the way gets the job done. I use the lp for both of them no matter what. And I only grab high end dispensary bud. I used to have to smoke about 1.7 g in joint form to match what I'm getting with far less in these vapes. For me it made sense having the plenty and then getting the mighty. I cant say if I had the mighty first if I would want the plenty but if you have the money you cant go wrong. Def mot when it was 299 man and I know that must be ticking you off about now but if you see that price again just buy it. That's why I bought my mighty. With the exchange and all I knew the price would go back up and had to get it. Saved me 90 bucks with tax.

Last edited:

GrkCdn

Busted the Plenty out today for a group of 5 people. One bowl with enough space to squeeze in the pad got everyone nice and toasty. Excellent job. It's perfect to pass around and have huge hits for everyone. That's what I got it for. Saves me the trouble of packing bowl after bowl and the plenty is definitely a talking point! Both on performance as well as the crazy design that I personally love. I think people are missing out by overlooking this vape.

Last edited:

JoeS

hey everyone, i just would like to humbly add my experience with the Plenty. :) my background prior to own a vaporizer was 15+ years of combusting, with tobacco in the mix. i did try the volcano (and other lower quality ones such as the IOLITE) and was really impressed by it, but didn't really like the baloon thing, the noise, the size of everything and also i wasn't too happy by the idea of spending 400€ on it. :) plus i thought it would be nice to get as first vape, one that could produce real dense vapour, and that could easily bring me from combustion to vaporization (as many others have mentioned). now after almost 2 years of use (meanwhile i tried some other nice vapes such as the solo, the extreme Q and the HA), i am really happy! :) i still enjoy combustion, but i got rid of tobacco! :) i am really satisfied from the strong dense but cool clouds that this machine is able to produce. efficiency using the liquid pad is impressive, it amazes me that some people are complaining on that: even with small loads the Plenty works great and i never end a session unsatisfied. i also do enjoy more smaller/medium loads and vaping everything in one session rather than load a full chamber and vaping it for the whole day with pauses... other nice pros for me with this vape are: it is sturdy, i can hold it and vaping while laying on the couch watching a movie, to me it never gets too hot (except fot the metal parts, but you just have to pay attention to that) but nicely warm, i sometimes like to place it on my chest in winter. :) i really like the broad chamber and the long cable with makes it suitable for a party mode. ;) it is a home unit, surely not a portable one, but i did bring it over to some friends house sometimes, and it was quite easy... a lot easier than most home units i would say. i enjoy both ripping and sipping, i would say that the plenty works nice for both vaporization styles. ;)

...oh and many many thanks to all FC'ers here who helped me a lot to get the max out my Plenty! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

biohacker

So how is the taste on full bowls? Since the chamber is so big does it go all ABV tasting after the first couple of hits, or is it like the Mighty and tastes good right till the end?

biohacker,

GrkCdn

Tastes good til the end for me. The mighty produces clouds but with the plenty you really feel it filling your lungs as you pull, along with massive clouds, and it has a better taste I would say as well.

JoeS

I second everything GrkCdn says, even if i still have to try the Mighty so i can't compare.
I should add that i don't like to fully pack the chamber, for me the Plenty works best half packed or even less, using the liquid pad.
If i pack a good half chamber i'll vape for more than 20 minutes, starting at 5 and ending up at 7.
That's more than enough for me.
If i want to share with others i might pack it slightly more than half and everybody is happily wasted. :)
But i never pack the full chamber without the liquid pad... If i were to load that way and finish it, the session would last more than 30 minutes (which is more than what i'd like to do on average); if i wanted to vape that much at once i would anyways do 2x 15+ minutes sessions.
On the other hand i feel i can load very little material if i want to do a short session and it still works great.
I am more the several smaller loads kind of guy. Also 'cause i like a lot to switch flavours. ;)

GrkCdn

Ok, I've emailed them. Let's see how it goes.

Hey whateverman how has the response been from S&B? Whereabouts are you located? Curious as an owner of S&B products now.

JoeS the mighty is amazing. It's crazy how well it hits for a portable. It's a mini plenty. They both hit hard but a nice big draw from the plenty is lung filling and huge. If you love your plenty and are in need of a portable then get the mighty. It isn't as big as people make it out to be and I don't care for it to be tiny like the crafty. Actually I'd be worried the crafty would fall out of my pocket whereas the mighty is snug. How do you guys carry your units anyways? I use the boxes lol

Biohacker I think I saw in the mighty thread that you daydream about using it. I feel the same all day as well for both my S&B products. I need to make a living off this somehow lol

JoeS

@GrkCdn go away you temptator! :D (is this the right word? :)) thanks man for the advice, which i would love to follow, but unfortunately i don't feel like spending that much atm. i know the beast is well worth it, but i think i will go for the alfa, which seems really nice for the price. however, VAS as finally reached me as many others here :) so i hope i will be getting it soon... it is on my whish list along with the arizer air ;)

Last edited:
JoeS,
Reactions: GrkCdn

GrkCdn

@JoeS
The alpha seems like a really good value proposition. Same with the Arizer Air. However, if these are only marginally better than the solo, you should wait to pony up the big bucks for the mighty. What country are you in?

GrkCdn,
Top Bottom