OO

Technical Skeptical
Stu said:
"The highly efficient stainless steel cooling coil ensures a pleasant aromatic experience."

Anybody have a clue as to what the hell this means?? :uhoh:
it means the vapor will condense like it does when used with a water device so it won't lead to the drying out of the lungs that many vaporists are complaining about.

OO,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm addicted to technology and I love S&B quality (though never paid for it myself) but I don't know if this thing would ever get used in my house because of my Underdog.

If the UD didn't exist I'd probably spend the money on this to try it.

darkrom,

Soulhunter

Damn this thing looks cool, defenetly on my wish list.
Hoping some more info and reviews comes soon.
Would love to see a vid of how this performes.

Soulhunter,

wak

I'm gonna buy it, cos you can be sure its going to be top quality and will without doubt last for years with proper maintenance.

I'm forced to assume they looked into lasers and decided its not feasible or practical or something, either way i shal obtain this vape asap and report back with a video if i can be arsed but more likely a 2 line text review.

wak,

Soulhunter

wak said:
I'm gonna buy it, cos you can be sure its going to be top quality and will without doubt last for years with proper maintenance.

I'm forced to assume they looked into lasers and decided its not feasible or practical or something, either way i shal obtain this vape asap and report back with a video if i can be arsed but more likely a 2 line text review.

Haha, 2 line text review sounds great :p
I never liked the Volcano, it got me high for sure, and tasted very good, but sucking that bag just reminds me too much about sniffing glue. I think bag just looks stoopid :p

But i am realy curious about this one, it looks awsome. Nothing like a vape at al. More like a tool or pump.
So i realy wonder how this vape vil do on the market :)
And i am guessing there will come lots of reviews here very soon :) (i hope)

Soulhunter,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Cheers for posting the vid. Looks like it functions well but the build quality didn't look too good. Was smaller then I was expecting though.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Herb chamber look great. Sucks thinks still looks forced air though. :/ Didn't know what S&B had in mind with this one. It seemed they missed releasing this vaporizer back in 2007. There is still hope left if you can seal it to a large tube so there is no vapor waste imo.

biojuggernaut,

weedemon

enthusiast
it's funny seeing parts in it that are straight form the volcano.

it sounded pretty near silent when being used, i was impressed by that. and the clouds looked very nice too. but then we saw the amount of herb you need to load in too! "plenty" :D

weedemon,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
Herb chamber look great.

I liked the design of it but it did look kinda big. It looked like he put a fair bit of green in and he states that S&B recommend filling it up fully! So not to great for the 'conservationists'.

biojuggernaut said:
Didn't know what S&B had in mind with this one. It seemed they missed releasing this vaporizer back in 2k7.

I agree. It feels like they had it in motion ages ago and decided to 'un-shelf' it suddenly.

J.R.R.Tokin',

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
It looked like he put at least a gram in there . . . wonder how long he got it to last. I am also a little dubious about the "trigger" mechanism. I am probably going to have to watch some more videos on this one because from what I see so far, I think my HerbalAire is pretty much doing the same thing but for a lot less $ and a lot more efficiently.

t-dub

t-dub,
t-dub said:
It looked like he put at least a gram in there . . . wonder how long he got it to last. I am also a little dubious about the "trigger" mechanism. I am probably going to have to watch some more videos on this one because from what I see so far, I think my HerbalAire is pretty much doing the same thing but for a lot less $ and a lot more efficiently.

t-dub

what else is new ;) :lol:

biojuggernaut,

dopefiend

That video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awoyjNDNlf4) was made by my mate billy g. I met him last night and he told me (as you can see on the video) about the needle on the temp gauge getting broken on the first try so he can't tell exactly what temp he's vaping at. He's pretty happy with it though, says you get good thick clouds as you can see on the video, and that the coil works well at cooling the vapour.

Still seems a bit shoddy if the temp gauge is broken within a few minutes of use. Not usual Storz-Bickel standards by the sound of it.

dopefiend,

Soulhunter

Wow, that video made me not want one.
That looked and sounded like some china plastic toy. And the temperature needle faling off while he is makin the video is just so funny. :p And all that herb he had to use?
Well, it looked like it would be good quality, like a power tool, but to me it seems more like cheap plastic toy now.

Soulhunter,

OF

t-dub said:
I am also a little dubious about the "trigger" mechanism.

My 'take' is that's not a trigger, but a "dead man switch" like in locomotives. Fall asleep and it shuts down. I guess in this case it should be 'comatose man switch'? Sounds to me like fire is the concern?

OF

OF,

max

Out to lunch
Between the broken temp gauge and the reviewer coughing quite a bit (smooth huh?), S&B can't be pleased with the first youtube vid on their new product. And does it strike anyone that the Plenty looks quite a bit like the good ole Vapir One? Wouldn't any company want to avoid having a product look like Vapir's worst reviewed vape?

biojuggernaut said:
It seemed they missed releasing this vaporizer back in 2007.
Yeah, all the Volcano type parts makes it seem like they're using recycled metal and plastic from old worn out Classics. I understand why they're staying with this style, but material wise, it just seems inferior to the Volcano. If you're not a Volcano fan, I don't see the Plenty being very tempting, at about $328 US. Compare the video to the one Alan posted yesterday on his new HI vape (less than half the Plenty price). Even if you have to buy some nice glass, what a simple and ass kicking vape, in comparison. This one would have definitely gone over better 4-5 years ago.

OF said:
Sounds to me like fire is the concern?
They're certainly not gonna sell an unsafe vape, so I wouldn't worry about that.

max,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
:/ well all my interest dried up with that video, he looked to be getting great quality hits but you'd expect that when you have to load what looks like at least a full gram to fill the damn thing :rolleyes: . The trigger mechanism is also a huge turn off, you have to hold the thing to keep it up to temp??! Obviously the broken gauge is an issue too but as the huge lack of efficiency and apparently convenience is the real problem here for me

SF Giant,

vape4life

Banned for life
Pretty awesome clouds, but considering the amount of herb, now you know why it's called the Plenty! I'm out.

vape4life,

sanfranciscosadhu

Agreed that the video has some problems, though I haven't made up my mind either way. You would think that Storz @ Bickel would want to put up a video of their own, like ASAP , as currently this is the only video on YouTube (that I could find) representing this vaporizer.

sanfranciscosadhu,

SD_haze

The trigger mechanism makes me think they might have been trying to make this a portable vape (battery powered possibly) but weren't able to effectively enough :ninja:

SD_haze,

sanfranciscosadhu

They claim the trigger mechanism is to avoid fire hazards. Not a bad idea if a blissed out person leaves this thing on overnight, saves on electricity as well.

sanfranciscosadhu,

Tommy

Hi buddys! :ko:

I'm from Europe and have one on the way, directly from Storz & Bickel. Couldn't resist to get one... The only thing I'm a bit concerned with now is about the amount of herb needed to have a decent experience with visible vapor. I'm a "solid valve" guy and I can cover the whole net of the Volcano filling chamber with 0.2 or 0.3 grams... If the Plenty requires 3 times that amount to get the same kind of experience then I think it will be another one to join my vaporizer museum, hehehe... or else I can always sell to a friend...

We'll see... soon. Seems like the distributor company says I'll have it friday, so I hope I'll be testing it next weekend.

I'll let you know then. Sweet vapes and kind regards!

tommy

Tommy,

max

Out to lunch
Hope you like it Tommy. I wouldn't worry too much about how much you have to load. I think someone here made a ridiculous estimate of how much was loaded in the video, but it makes no sense that it would be designed to require a large amount.

max,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
max said:
I think someone here made a ridiculous estimate of how much was loaded in the video, but it makes no sense that it would be designed to require a large amount.

I estimated that he put at least a gram in there and I stand by that estimate. I don't feel it was a "ridiculous" estimate at all. Also, the video reviewer said that the products instructions stated that the herb chamber was supposed to be full for proper operation. So it may very well be "designed" to need what I feel is a "large" amount for it to operate properly.

t-dub

t-dub,
Top Bottom