Thanks
XKZeHsL.jpg

http://imgur.com/XKZeHsL
This vape is around 6 months old

Modnote: Edited to display pic.

Stealthiswealth,

Jman5280

Wow, that's bazaar. I'm stumped.

Are you sure it's not herb? Do you use this heavily?

Jman5280,

Stealthiswealth

Wow, that's bazaar. I'm stumped.

Are you sure it's not herb? Do you use this heavily?

I use around 0.5g a day through it (one bowl) sometimes more. It's not herb I've looked at through a 60x magnifier and it's defo some
Sort of metal

Stealthiswealth,

Stealthiswealth

Thank you for notifying us of your problem. We are sorry you are experiencing difficulties and would love to help!

We checked your issue with our technical department and first of all we can say that there is no health risk because the parts don’t get into the inhalation system of your PLENTY. Nevertheless we recommend sending in your machine. We will replace the temperature gauge display.

Fair enough I suppose, I'll wait for it to get worse before I send It in

lethe

High All,
I'm new and have been using the Plenty for a year. I'm going to post a review I did on it then:

Re: anyone have the Plenty ?

by Lethe » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:07 am

My Herbailaire died and I was going to get another one until I read reviews on the Plenty and decided to break the bank and buy it instead ($350 before taxes). It’s new and made by the same people who make the volcano. About a year ago I had seen it at THC about 10 feet away and another time about 5 feet away and said the obvious to staff, it looked like a large power tool and ugly as a vaporizer - I didn’t even ask to see it closer. But the bottom line to me is the vapor, not looks.

So I end up at THC bright and early Friday morning (Jan/31) as they unlocked the doors. When staff handed me the Plenty I said it looked smaller than I remembered, but the staff said it was the same and it took a few minutes for him to realize it was different!

Plenty went on a crash diet and looks mahvelous!

Apparently I was the first one to buy the just-in improved model.... Whereas before it looked awkward and gangly, with an oversized thermometer, now it was smaller and more streamlined. Initially it feels awkward but after using it a bit you come to recognize how well designed it is – it is actually unique in that is very user-friendly and can be use in a wide variety of positions and situations.

The Plenty lays down two laws right from the start, but aside from these you can pretty much do whatever you want.

1) Hold me here! The only place to hold the Plenty is by the easy-grip handle. AS a safety feature it shuts of automatically after reaching the desired temperature and stays off for 90 seconds. To restart the heater you just lightly touch the handle and it will go on again after 90 seconds are up. The heater retains heat for a long time so it’s very easy and intuitive to use.

2) Don’t try to sit me up! One thing that initially makes the Plenty awkward is that you can’t sit it down in the way one would think is logical. What would normally be the base has been deliberately curved so you cannot do it. The only way to put it down is on its side, which means it automatically shuts off when put down but easily restarts.

The only other thing you must keep in mind is the obvious - metal parts can get very hot and one should make a habit to always avoid touching them – ESPECIALLY THE DOUBLE HELIX HEAT OBSORBER. It can cause serious burns. Also the herb chamber can get very hot. Most of the other metal parts and the liquid pad cool down reasonably fast. The body itself can get very hot but is unlikely to cause burns. In fact, I suspect many will find the heater comforting on cold winter nights. Although the unit can get very hot they have designed it well, so that if you are reasonably cautious and aware you will be safe. The plastic casing housing the herb chamber is easily removed as it has large grips.

I had not slept at all the night before I got it and slept three hours on each of the two nights before that, and now 2 weeks later I’m just getting over the insomnia. Because of this my tremors from parkinson’s (shakes) have increased a lot. During this whole time I had no problems handling the vaporizer, it all fits together easily and the hardest thing is grinding the herb. I haven’t spilt anything either.

One thing that makes the Plenty unique is how user-friendly it is. There are many casual ways to hold it and it can even easily hang out on your hand if you want. You can hold it at any angle and easily type, channel surf, or whatever while at the same time toking. I found myself using it while watching tv in bed, casually laying it bedside me in between tokes.

As a medical user who often can`t sleep longer than 3 hours the Plenty enables me to turn it on and wait about 3 minutes before vaping what is left over from the night before, all without actually getting out of bed, just laying there. Before I would have to get out of bed to prepare and vape it, waking up in the process.

It has the same heater type as its sibling the volcano. The herb chamber is large and wide, giving the herb maximum exposure. The first 2 or 3 tokes you won`t get any vapor – lots of flavour though. When the vapor starts you will probably feel it as a little harsh as although the double helix does an excellent job of cooling it down, the initial harshness is usually caused by the fine grind vaporizing pollen etc. Once the vapor starts each toke will hit you hard and fast. On the first 3 days I had 3 strains (vanilla kush, og kush and chemo) all heavy indicas. I hadn’t smoked in a week and found that it was a little too racy, especially after using HerbalAires balloon method for the last 5 years, which takes about 10 minutes to really feel and can be subtle. In comparison I felt (and looked) wasted. On the 4th day I got some Jean Guy, which was not as over powering.

It may seem ironic but as much as like to get as high as the next head, as a medical user I prefer not feeling wasted first thing in the day. Now I will probably get use to it, but several people reviewing Plenty on youtube (seasoned users) said it was great but maybe a little too strong!! On the positive side, you don’t need to smoke much and because of the wide herb chamber it vaporizes quickly, so it’s very quick in comparison to Herbalaires balloon – it takes so little time, in fact, that the ritual side of the experience seems to disappear. Although you don’t need very much it will be hard for me to limit myself to a few tokes at a time.

(continued)

lethe

Plenty vapoizer review (2)

The herb chamber is very wide in order to expose as much of the herb as possible. It can take over a gram to fill it right up to the top, but if you don’t want to fill it right up you can put in a special “liquid pad” (provided), which doesn’t affect the quantity or quality of the vapor at all. Either way it’s important to be sure that herb chamber is full as this affects operation of the vaporizer, and allows it to be used in position you want.

Consistency

The vapor produced is potent. Depending on the strain, it will seem to vaporize rather quickly, but you will immediately feel it. When there seems to be no more vapor coming out I have found that if you give it 10 minutes (a break you will need) and try again, inhaling 3, 4, or 5 times you will get more vapor – if you do 1repeat the process you may be surprised at how much vapor is released. I assume this is because the heat from the idle unit dries the herb out more.

As I’ve only had it for two weeks I am still experimenting so time will tell. So consistency may or may not be an issue. However, consistency does seem to be an issue when it comes to temperature. Although the manual says you can set it at certain temperatures, and it does retain heat, I don’t think the Plenty was ever meant to be a precise machine for patients who demand precision. The designers make this clear by providing a “green” range of temperatures marked out and a “red” range that many reviewers prefer at which to toke – the top reading is 420 (hahaha, get it?). All in all this is a great machine. It’s not perfect though. And it may not be the best one for medical users.

The Good

1 User- friendly – I don’t know any other vapes which are designed to be held easily and comfortably.
2) well made, sturdy construction. 3) strong and immediate effects

The not-so good

1) There seems to be potential issues regarding vapor consistency.
2) May not be economical as far as herb requirements
3) Too strong – hard to moderate it

It will take some time to fully judge this vape... It may not be the best for medical patients. Chances are pretty good that eventually (when I have some spare cash) I will buy a balloon based vape, probably the herbalaire, for those times I don’t want to get wasted....

When starting out on the Plenty it is pretty easy to over-medicate, particularly if you are using it as your DD. When I was using mine daily I had to to pick up a Solo to balance out the effects and consumption.

DorianGray

When starting out on the Plenty it is pretty easy to over-medicate, particularly if you are using it as your DD. When I was using mine daily I had to to pick up a Solo to balance out the effects and consumption.
whats this over medicate you are mentioning? I love that feeling.

I'm getting the picture that the nano is much more efficient than the plenty, and for solo use the nano would be the better choice too?
The plenty has better vapour quality than the nano (which is often used with water filtration), right? How does the plenty's vapour quality compare with the volcano's?

Any idea why the vape critic has stayed away from reviewing the nano?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I would not necessarily call one vapor superior to the other, they are both top of class, just fill different needs. Plenty can be very efficient when loaded properly. Nano is probably a better option for you if you get satisfied after 1-2 pulls. Plenty is IMO more of a Heavy Medicator if using solo, but it really is a wash... I end up loading 3-4 Nano chambers and I am equally as satisfied.

In the long run, I say I get more pulls/material with the Plenty than I do the Nano. But Nano is more manual (you can fuck up the technique)- you cannot fuck up the Plenty, it will not combust even on Max.

Cleaning is a no-brainer and Nano wins hands down... that coil was a PIA to fully and thoroughly clean.

You can, but likely will not use Plenty with water. If that is at all important to you, Nano is a better bet.

If getting medicated is most important, Plenty all the way.

DorianGray

I would not necessarily call one vapor superior to the other, they are both top of class, just fill different needs. Plenty can be very efficient when loaded properly. Nano is probably a better option for you if you get satisfied after 1-2 pulls. Plenty is IMO more of a Heavy Medicator if using solo, but it really is a wash... I end up loading 3-4 Nano chambers and I am equally as satisfied.

In the long run, I say I get more pulls/material with the Plenty than I do the Nano. But Nano is more manual (you can fuck up the technique)- you cannot fuck up the Plenty, it will not combust even on Max.

Cleaning is a no-brainer and Nano wins hands down... that coil was a PIA to fully and thoroughly clean.

You can, but likely will not use Plenty with water. If that is at all important to you, Nano is a better bet.

If getting medicated is most important, Plenty all the way.
thank you for your post!

have you tried the volcano? which has better vapour quality, the nano or the plenty?

DorianGray,

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
I have the nano, crafty, plenty and have used the volcano. Imo if you don't need to conserve your material and vapor quality is your only concern, Plenty and Volcano are the ones. It's just a matter of do you prefer direct draw or balloons.

DorianGray

I have the nano, crafty, plenty and have used the volcano. Imo if you don't need to conserve your material and vapor quality is your only concern, Plenty and Volcano are the ones. It's just a matter of do you prefer direct draw or balloons.

thanks for your reply bro.

I have a hard time believing that the plenty and nano are equal in terms of vapor quality. from reading on here it seems it gets harsh at high temps. I usually vape at 8.5-8.8 on my volcano and max on my crafty.

this would be my 3rd vape and for this one my top priorities are 1) vapour quality 2) efficiency.

I think I will go with the nano. it seems to be a very popular vape on this forum as well. 440 pages in its thread.

DorianGray,

max

Out to lunch
I have a hard time believing that the plenty and nano are equal in terms of vapor quality. from reading on here it seems it gets harsh at high temps.
So you're saying you think one model has the ability to provide high temp vapor with less harshness? If there's a difference, it's due to the vapor path once the high temp vapor is created. Water filtration obviously makes a difference, but for the most part, the shorter the delivery path, the harsher the vapor will be. If that's not the case in a particular A vs. B comparison, then I submit that there's more of a temp difference than is assumed.
I think I will go with the nano. it seems to be a very popular vape on this forum as well.
It's very versatile. Even without the water filtration option, it's pretty easy to go with either small, miserly hits, or bigger ones when you want to 'get there' quicker.
Thank you for notifying us of your problem. We are sorry you are experiencing difficulties and would love to help!

We checked your issue with our technical department and first of all we can say that there is no health risk because the parts don’t get into the inhalation system of your PLENTY. Nevertheless we recommend sending in your machine. We will replace the temperature gauge display.

Fair enough I suppose, I'll wait for it to get worse before I send It in
Please use quote marks when you're using someone else's exact words.

Chainfish

Any ideas where i can get a carry case for the plenty? Vapecase don't make one and have checked on sites that seem to stock for most models but not this one. doesn't need to be a specific one, long as it fits and does job. thanks

Chainfish,
There is no special case designed for the Craft afaik. You just need to find something that does the job. You could get a Pelican case and cut the foam so it is a custom fit for the Plenty.

Mr. Gweilo 420,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Don't be silly guys! I

First, the Plenty is super tuff and strong enough to never need a case. Swing it, drop it, rip it, the thing just keeps going.

Second, the Plenty is so subtle, why would you want to draw that kind of attention to it? I travel/transport mine in a toolbox and it blends in so perfectly with everything else- I have no fear when traveling and I take it everywhere.

Keep it in a nice pelican case and Officer Barbrady is going to be curious what is inside. Instead, leave it next to a drill, wrench, etc and it practically goes unseen.

Well to be honest my Plenty is unlikely to ever leave my vaping station so it is all academic as far as I'm concerned.

Mr. Gweilo 420,

burningblood420

Asked this on another forum... they sent me here.

I own the Plenty Vaporizer. At first it was awesome - I got thick clouds of vapor, and I could definitely feel the effects. Now, even if I turn the Plenty on 7 (highest setting) it barely gives me any vapor, and I barely feel the effects of my product. It's not clogged or anything; I see no reason why it shouldn't work. The vape gets very hot. It definitely "cooks" my product, making it undesirable to use in another device. It sucks because I spent a lot of money on the Plenty, and I want it to function like it used to. Can anyone help me?

The ONLY thing I can think of is that the liquid pad might be used up... but would that really stop it from working almost entirely?

burningblood420,
Hey buddy - you might find this hard to believe but I think the liquid pad is absolutely your problem. I notice a significant reduction in vapor production as the liquid pad becomes increasingly clogged with resin. What I suggest you do is take the "whip" apart, get yourself a large ziplock bag and fill it with ISO. Throw the liquid pad in too and let it soak for a few hours. You should get a significant amount of oil (reclaim) that is nice to dab imo and your Plenty should be as good as new.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I think Gweilo is right, when it was my DD, I cleaned the pad at least once a week for optimal performance. But I guess that depends on the amount you use yours.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: h3rbalist
Top Bottom