FrogBoy138

I've see a few members say whip reclaim was not worth while, I thought to myself I'm hardcore what do they know as I got out a big hit of some nasty crap from my whip. Never again. Not sure with your unit but just trying to give you a heads up. Welcome to FC

FrogBoy138,

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I've owned my Plenty for about six weeks now and I love it. I somewhat rushed in to buying it because I didn't have much vaporizing experience other than the original Volcano. I've been thinking of writing a long-winded review of my experience, but it would kind of be beating the dead horse. In short the only issue I have with it is that (like has been said) it isn't easy to use a small amount of herb with this, but I am often vaping with friends so this isn't a big issue for me. Anyways this is my first "real" post (posted to try to win the herbalizer and the ascent) and I can't wait to expand my vaporizing experience. FC has opened my eyes to such a wide world of vaporizing that I had no idea existed. I'm a low income college student at the time, but I can't wait to save up and buy my next vaporizer!

Musicslv

I've owned my Plenty for about six weeks now and I love it. I somewhat rushed in to buying it because I didn't have much vaporizing experience other than the original Volcano. I've been thinking of writing a long-winded review of my experience, but it would kind of be beating the dead horse. In short the only issue I have with it is that (like has been said) it isn't easy to use a small amount of herb with this, but I am often vaping with friends so this isn't a big issue for me. Anyways this is my first "real" post (posted to try to win the herbalizer and the ascent) and I can't wait to expand my vaporizing experience. FC has opened my eyes to such a wide world of vaporizing that I had no idea existed. I'm a low income college student at the time, but I can't wait to save up and buy my next vaporizer!
Read up on the MFLB thread.

Musicslv,

satyrday

Vapelife Will is a little late to the game, but as usual an entertaining review:

Edit: Reading through this thread and gotta say some of the low post count raves are sooo suspicious. Speculating somewhat here, but why would a seemingly solid company like S&B not spend more on customer svc rather than highly questionable marketing... such tactics seem so yesterday. Actually appears to be a solid product.

satyrday,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
It's an extremely solid product. But I prefer some other devices so I don't use it much.

elmomuzz,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Read up on the MFLB thread.

Considering your new to Vaporizing I would say IMO the MFLB thread may not be your best bet. Most, consider it a beginners vape because of its low price point and that WRONG. The MFLB requires a bit of skill getting used and there numerous other devices I would recommend that are easy to use, well built, and have a proven track record as for as performance.

Here is what I and I mean I would look into:

1. The Solo
2. The No2
3. The DBV
4. the Davinci
5. an Underdog or for that matter any log.

I hope this points you in the right direction and welcome to FC.

No disrespect to MFLB as its a great device but it took me some time to my 3 MF's to produce nice vapor as I learned it's technique. Then - I sold all 3. :brow:

mvapes,
Reactions: z9

Poopman525

I've owned the Plenty for a few months now. I am extremely happy with it. Easy to use, easy to clean, easy to transport. The vapor is excellent, especially when used on heat level 5 or 6 IMO. DO NOT UNCURL THE COOLING COIL. This is make it nearly ineffective. Though the price is a little high, it's well worth it for the quality and ease of use. This device seems built to last. 10/10 IMO. Can't go wrong with this vape.

sadgit

Agree. I've had mine for a year now.

The Plenty stands God to all.

I had a disc problem giving me sudden and totally debilitating sciatica. 9/10 pain 24/7. The Plenty let me drop all the pills and disconnected me utterly from the pain so I could get moving and exercise my way back to health.

The combination of zero fuss, zero regular maintenance, idiot proof operation are fantastic. I'm lucky to be able to fill a bowl, but you can run it with the pad and use really modest/similar quantities to other vapes to "most satisfactory" effect. The Plenty guarantees either an uplifting evening or total bliss relaxation/couch lock, at a spin of the dial.

I've cleaned it once, a month ago. I used 99% iso on the lot - plastics lightly wiped down with it, metal bits and screens an hour soak. Like brand new.

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I didn't realize uncurling was a problem. It is the first thing I would do if I had one.

Yeah I saw a review before I bought mine where the guy did it and the hits seemed brutal. I'm no scientist by any means, but I think the idea is that it is in contact longer with the coil and cools it more. Apparently unwinding it makes it have less contact time with the coil or something. I know with mine when I'm vaping I can tell a distinct temperature difference from the bottom and the top of the coil.

Pickz,

satyrday

Coiled concentrates thermal mass for better heat retention probably.

(even if just in proximity through radiation, and not tightly coiled and touching)

satyrday,
Reactions: Tweek

MidwestBeast

recently but constantly Vaked
So I've had mine for a few months now and I really like it but today I was vaping a bowl and it shut off like usual but then when I went to hit the trigger and kick the heat back on and it just wouldn't turn back on... should I call vapor nation or is there a reset or something.... Help

MidwestBeast,

Yoshimattsu

I'm buying a Plenty this week, I'm really stoked to try it out. I loved my Volcano for it's design and strength, but I never really enjoyed the bag system. After reading reviews, both here and elsewhere, I am going all-in! I'll post up my initial impressions when it arrives! Oh and thanks to everyone that worked hard to review this and help make my decision more informed!

Yoshimattsu,

philosopher

satyrday: I can't speak for the other low-count posters but I have no connection to S&B at all. I think the reason so many people with low post counts are in this thread is because most veteran FC posters shy away from S&B products in my observation. There's definitely an anti-volcano sentiment relative to the general population, whether warranted or not. I made an account to post in this thread just because I didn't see many posts at the time.

As an update on my Plenty, it developed a problem where it would lose power depending on how the cable was flexed. I sent it back to S&B and got a new unit in the mail. They were really quick but it took some 2 weeks from leaving my home to getting the replacement unit. The new unit is working perfectly.

One other update: I found the Plenty to be annoying to clean. I could never get quite all of the residue out of the metal coil, even after soaking it in a glass of iso, and filling the tube with salt and iso and shaking doesn't come close. i grabbed a wear and tear kit so that I have 2 coils, and I switch them out. Still love the unit's performance.

lwien

There's definitely an anti-volcano sentiment relative to the general population, whether warranted or not.

To clarify, I don't think that there's an anti-volcano sentiment here at all, but I do agree that the perspective that we have here is a bit different than the general population.

It has been my observation, having spent wayyyyy to much time on the various cannabis boards, that the consensus by the general population is that the Volcano is the best vaporizer there is, and that anyone who is interested in getting into vaporizing should really save their money for it because it is the best there is. Now considering how long the 'Cano has been on the market, along with S&B's marketing at the price point that it is being marketed at, it is totally understandable why the vaporizer layman, which is the majority of the general population, would think it's the best and the reason that they think this way is because they are layman.

We, on the other hand, the veterans here, are not laymen. We have been around the vaporizer block a few times and most of us have owned, or do own, multiple vaporizers and if anything, we would classify ourselves as vaporizer enthusiasts. And as such, we generally acknowledge that while the Volcano is a great vaporizer, it is not the best. It may be the best bag vape, but.........it is not the best vape, unless of course, you like getting your vapor by sucking on bags. Nothing wrong with that, but not everyone likes to do that.

So.................just because we say that the Volcano is NOT the best vaporizer on the market does not automatically mean that we are "anti-Volcano", for the Volcano definitely fills a niche in the market. I can't think of anyone here who has ever said that the Volcano is a bad vaporizer.

Anti-Volcano, we are not, but taking it off it's pedestal as the best vape on the planet, is, I believe, putting it in the right perspective and in so doing, providing a service to those in the market looking to purchase a new vaporizer.

AMiA

satyrday: I can't speak for the other low-count posters but I have no connection to S&B at all. I think the reason so many people with low post counts are in this thread is because most veteran FC posters shy away from S&B products in my observation. There's definitely an anti-volcano sentiment relative to the general population, whether warranted or not. I made an account to post in this thread just because I didn't see many posts at the time.

As an update on my Plenty, it developed a problem where it would lose power depending on how the cable was flexed. I sent it back to S&B and got a new unit in the mail. They were really quick but it took some 2 weeks from leaving my home to getting the replacement unit. The new unit is working perfectly.

One other update: I found the Plenty to be annoying to clean. I could never get quite all of the residue out of the metal coil, even after soaking it in a glass of iso, and filling the tube with salt and iso and shaking doesn't come close. i grabbed a wear and tear kit so that I have 2 coils, and I switch them out. Still love the unit's performance.

Hi there friends!

Been a Plenty owner for a year now and YES the cleaning of the coil is "annoying".But do like i did,put everything in a cookingpan,ad water and SALT...boil it for 10 to 30 minutes..and rinse in clean luuke warm water..Like new.
Hope this will help you..

Yoshimattsu

How often does it build up?
Edit: I ordered mine just now! I got the wear and tear kit so I have an extra coil. Thanks for the tip!

Yoshimattsu,

AMiA

How often does it build up?
Edit: I ordered mine just now! I got the wear and tear kit so I have an extra coil. Thanks for the tip!

Well i only do around 0.2grams/night so for me i only had to clean it once a every two month.The ISO cleaning did NOT work good at all for me.But cooking the coil in salted water for 10-->30 min..that helped ALOT.
I think you will be very happy with the Plenty,i am..but that still didn't hinder me from splashing out 500US on a Aromed 4.0.;)

Now saving up for a "Herbie"or Sublimator..hehe.

Have a good weekend fellow Vaporist..:)

AMiA,

Yoshimattsu

I just got mine today! I'm loving it so far, very potent! I didn't get good clouds until the 3rd pack or so and I started to really get into the swing of it. Wow! Great with bubble hash sandwiched in between also, amazing flavor!

Yoshimattsu,

EffedUp

I just got a Plenty too. The flavor is very fresh and clean. I like the super green taste that I get at the beginning of a Pax bowl, but that only lasts for the first 10%. With the Plenty the taste barely changes. I don't know I am near the end until I hit it and get nothing at all. Taste is only of minor concern for me though. All of the properly functioning vapes that I have tried taste better than smoking and I smoked for more than a decade before switching to vaping.

The effect from the Plenty is very enjoyable. Was sort of concerned about only being able to 390 F, but the maximum is actually 394 F and the temp will go a little above this anyways. Feels like a good full spectrum high. AVB is a fairly even barky brown. I like the pyrolization that I get in the Pax at 410 F. Pushing it to the threshold before combustion. The Plenty gives an equivalent effect though. I am going t

My first experience with the liquid sponge was sort of funny. I put a generous portion on top of the metal sponge. I turned it on and waited about as long as I waited for the herb to heat up, but when I hit it nothing came out. I opened it and the concentrate was gone. I thought it had melted away and was gone. I was puzzled. I closed it and then tried hitting it one more time. I got a super fat tasty hit. So I continued to hit it. I ended up having to turn it off before finishing. It was just producing too much vape for me. I cool the bowl with a fan while inhaling the last of the vape and then was able to pick up where I left off the next day.

Using the sponge to use less herb definitely works. I want to get an extra sponge to see if double sponging would work. I have a fairly high tolerance, but even with the liquid sponge in place I have a hard time finishing the bowl. I wonder if double sponging has been covered in this thread. Maybe I will read it all later.

The cooling tube gets very hot. My solution it to cool it with a fan about every 15 minutes during a session. I turn put it in front of a fan for like 30 seconds and then it is cool to the touch. I wonder if a adding a second cooling tube would help.

EffedUp,

Yoshimattsu

I really enjoy the Plenty, but I think I will move it to into the "only when people are over" category, it just uses too much material. I'm coming from combusting about 2 ounces a month, and have found that over the last two days, I've been using even more material operating my Plenty in the "daily driver" spot.

I think this vape is very high quality and will see "plenty" of use when my friends come around and can match :cheers:. For daily use I think I will look into something more conservative by nature, like an Underdog or similar log style vape.

As I said before, the flavor and potency are fantastic, I just can't afford to be spending any MORE money on herbs. Man, being a member of this forum has already freed about $500 (and counting)from my wallet in the week or two I've been here. Not that I don't appreciate the huge upgrade in quality accessories, and my health of course!

Yoshimattsu,
Reactions: satyrday

nb8475

I really enjoy the Plenty, but I think I will move it to into the "only when people are over" category, it just uses too much material. I'm coming from combusting about 2 ounces a month, and have found that over the last two days, I've been using even more material operating my Plenty in the "daily driver" spot.

I think this vape is very high quality and will see "plenty" of use when my friends come around and can match :cheers:. For daily use I think I will look into something more conservative by nature, like an Underdog or similar log style vape.As I said before, the flavor and potency are fantastic, I just can't afford to be spending any MORE money on herbs. Man, being a member of this forum has already freed about $500 (and counting)from my wallet in the week or two I've been here. Not that I don't appreciate the huge upgrade in quality accessories, and my health of course!

Are you sure man?? I got the PLenty on Saturday and while I haven't been able to use it as much as I want, I have experimented. I think it does use herb quick but man it's really potent. And it really browns the bud very evenly and well. What Ive been doing is packing the bowl fat and just getting multiple sessions out of it ( no liquid pad). The liquid pad works but i think it works better w/o it and theres no harm in letting bud sit in the vape waiting for the next sesh.

As far as consumption, I don't think it uses more than other vapes necessarily, but rather just vaporizes it faster but more effectively. The results are great. I can't get the same feeling from the MFLB. The Plenty hits are more like ripping a bong. I don't always feel nauseous after smoking, but when I do it's after a fat Plenty rip. This thing fucking rips. It hits more like a bong really. Effects are really pronounced and potent. Also, I can barely stand the taste of a MFLB hit after gettin used to the coil ,which really works. It can get kind of hot which reduces its cooling capability ( as well as make it hot enough to ALMOST be considered a light burn hazard (it's not that bad, once you get "burned" once youre more aware of it)).

nb8475,
Reactions: Kuzmich
Top Bottom