grogazola

I use my Plenty daily(1x1+g bowl before bed), Vapcaps with a cap...rarely, with a WoodScents instead of a cap also daily:2c:

When I was quitting smoking I had at least one Plenty session a day and sometimes three (also went through just a little under an ounce a week for those first three weeks nicotine free)

Hmmmm maybe I should start smoking cigarettes again and then quit using a Plenty :evil:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
(also went through just a little under an ounce a week for those first three weeks nicotine free)
That's havin a crack.:haw:
A 50g pack of tobacco costs AU$108 (US$75) here now, I would go through 2 of them and just over an Oz every week so cheaper to grow your own weedy product and I know I would rather consume said weedy product by vaping, fuck that smoking tobacco business now we have kicked it.:tup:

grogazola

Yessss! I really do love the Plenty. Such great memories of quitting smoking with the Plenty (which I bought after selling my EQ) and the HR Fierce. Plenty for effects, and HR Fierce for that kick + taste.

I’ve had the pleasure of trying a few vapes, not that many, but the Plenty, she’s the one that got away! I think about her damn near everyday... :disgust:

justcametomind

The plenty is an amazing device, but not for daily use. I cough a lot when I use and I have bronchitis each month. I have to use a lot of herb for a good session. Since I buyed a Vapcap M the increase in health and weed efficiency is outstanding. The plenty's accumulation of metal dust is evident and the laziness of Storz and Bickel is unforgivable. I will not buy any vaporizer of this company any more.
I will keep an eye on the aluminum issue but imho if there’s a vape that made me cough it was Vapcap. It could be only me but I realized I was quasi combusting most of the times and that was why it floored me with such a little weed. Dynavap released a low temp cap. Every company makes adjustments along the way.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
When I was quitting smoking I had at least one Plenty session a day and sometimes three (also went through just a little under an ounce a week for those first three weeks nicotine free)

Hmmmm maybe I should start smoking cigarettes again and then quit using a Plenty :evil:
I tried to smoke cigarettes on the way home from school! 1974 maybe?
I never could handle the taste?
Pot is all I could do? (It was in fashion)
At least the FLAVOR is great with the PLENTY!

vape>comb

Thank you people of this Forum.
2 weeks ago I ordered the plenty. Continued reading this forum as it was shipping. Read the disturbing news of aluminum dust inside the chamber where you fill the herb. Luckily I read this before opening the package. Sent it straight back. It might not be a huge issue. But I really don't want to have aluminum dust in the chamber in a new product costing 200 euros. Shame, I was planning to fill the chamber up for t hose crazy packed sessions.

My journey continues. May the VapeGods guide my way. Really need to get off this combusting misbehavior. Thought Plenty through water would solve it. Now looking at the Flowerpot from NewVape. Any (ex)Plenty user that also moved to the Flowerpot's advice is greatly appreciated!

vape>comb

The flowerpot also has metal on metal contact. I’m sure some titanium residue is produced. If your worried about such things which I’m not.
Good point. My opinion isn't based on extensive reports etc. All I know is I've seen Q-tips being turned into silver after swiping the Plenty or Volcano chamber. Some residue vs. a silver Q-tip makes a difference to me.
Especially since S&B is updating their manuals to: Clean your vape before every use otherwise there might be health risks. I know they said this about the Hybrid, but the Plenty has the same aluminum dust issue.

Baron23

Good point. My opinion isn't based on extensive reports etc. All I know is I've seen Q-tips being turned into silver after swiping the Plenty or Volcano chamber. Some residue vs. a silver Q-tip makes a difference to me.
Especially since S&B is updating their manuals to: Clean your vape before every use otherwise there might be health risks. I know they said this about the Hybrid, but the Plenty has the same aluminum dust issue.
Wipe down any Ti threads on a vape with an ISO wet qtip and you will get black residue from mechanical friction and, I believe Ti Oxide.

"Like aluminium and magnesium, titanium metal and its alloys oxidize immediately upon exposure to air."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium

I'm not trying to change anybody's mind, just pointing out some related facts.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
No, it really doesn’t. It’s not in the airpath on the Plenty. Any dust (and mine never really seemed to have any) sits on the heater ring covered by the filling chamber metal which is out of the air path.

But if you’re really worried there are many desktops without anything remotely like this issue, like any log vape such as the E Nano. A glass wand fits over a ceramic or glass heating element. No metal on metal. No dust. Plus they are all pretty cheap.

Again, if you’re worried about this stuff, which obviously not all of us are. :2c:

vape>comb

Wipe down any Ti threads on a vape with an ISO wet qtip and you will get black residue from mechanical friction and, I believe Ti Oxide.

"Like aluminium and magnesium, titanium metal and its alloys oxidize immediately upon exposure to air."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium

I'm not trying to change anybody's mind, just pointing out some related facts.
I can understand black residue. But the pictures im talking about were really silver colored with little black on them. Really looked like metal dust. Its not a color you would find in vaped ir even combusted flower.

log-in-or-sign-up

Thank you people of this Forum.
2 weeks ago I ordered the plenty. Continued reading this forum as it was shipping. Read the disturbing news of aluminum dust inside the chamber where you fill the herb. Luckily I read this before opening the package. Sent it straight back. It might not be a huge issue. But I really don't want to have aluminum dust in the chamber in a new product costing 200 euros. Shame, I was planning to fill the chamber up for t hose crazy packed sessions.

My journey continues. May the VapeGods guide my way. Really need to get off this combusting misbehavior. Thought Plenty through water would solve it. Now looking at the Flowerpot from NewVape. Any (ex)Plenty user that also moved to the Flowerpot's advice is greatly appreciated!

Honestly? Glad that you've found a piece you like, but it's a shame that your Plenty experience was marred by the rumors you read. I haven't put mine through water yet (kinda keep putting it off--if anyone here has any experience + recommendations, they would be much appreciated!) but have have put a few ounces through it (2018 model) and found a slight grey on a q-tip after running the same spot as the other posters; also, as mitchgo61 said a few replies back, it's completely out of the air path.

I'm currently in the middle of my first session after my first really thorough cleaning, roughly an 8.5 if I had to put it on a scale. Shame on me for putting it off though, there's a CLEAR difference in performance now that it's totally clean. Regardless, this thing is a monster. I don't own (and haven't used) other desktop vapes, but this thing hits harder (but easier) than any bong I've ever used or owned; I have it hooked up at my desk and the ease of use is OUTSTANDING if you use the included brush as a stand. Nightly use since I got it, first starting with less than half of a bowl (using the concentrate pad as a spacer) per session and eventually climbing to a full bowl per session. Not sure how normal that usage level is, but I do tend to out-smoke my friends.

Oh, a friendly tip that may or may not be common sense here: I live in a legal state, but I've started to buy cheaper, outdoor-grown ounces from reputable growers and have noticed an increase in affects (even with a lower THC%) through my vape. Maybe I'm biased/ignorant on this, but I've found that really surprising.

Hope some of that is useful to someone, I'm pretty high right now lmao. Also, if you have it by now: how do you like your Flowerpot?

vape>comb

Honestly? Glad that you've found a piece you like, but it's a shame that your Plenty experience was marred by the rumors you read. I haven't put mine through water yet (kinda keep putting it off--if anyone here has any experience + recommendations, they would be much appreciated!) but have have put a few ounces through it (2018 model) and found a slight grey on a q-tip after running the same spot as the other posters; also, as mitchgo61 said a few replies back, it's completely out of the air path.

I'm currently in the middle of my first session after my first really thorough cleaning, roughly an 8.5 if I had to put it on a scale. Shame on me for putting it off though, there's a CLEAR difference in performance now that it's totally clean. Regardless, this thing is a monster. I don't own (and haven't used) other desktop vapes, but this thing hits harder (but easier) than any bong I've ever used or owned; I have it hooked up at my desk and the ease of use is OUTSTANDING if you use the included brush as a stand. Nightly use since I got it, first starting with less than half of a bowl (using the concentrate pad as a spacer) per session and eventually climbing to a full bowl per session. Not sure how normal that usage level is, but I do tend to out-smoke my friends.

Oh, a friendly tip that may or may not be common sense here: I live in a legal state, but I've started to buy cheaper, outdoor-grown ounces from reputable growers and have noticed an increase in affects (even with a lower THC%) through my vape. Maybe I'm biased/ignorant on this, but I've found that really surprising.

Hope some of that is useful to someone, I'm pretty high right now lmao. Also, if you have it by now: how do you like your Flowerpot?
Glad you like your plenty.

It didnt seem like just rumors though. I saw silver q tips. My neurosis acted up. Really dont feel like having metal dust in my vape, even if people say it is not in the airpath.

I looked at many alternatives because of this, evo, ditanium, ssv, herborizer but yesterday decided to go with the flowerpot. It will arrive in about 3 to 4 days. Once I have that baby at home I will share my experiences

I was really sold on the plenty. I ordered it. Just before it arrived I read about all that dust. If i had already used it i wouldve kept it. But ut was unopened and iam not about to pay 200 euros for a vape that must be cleaned after every use or you risk accumulating aluminum dust.

I know the plenty is a beast despite its efficiency or lack thereof. It hits like a train. Hopefully the flowerpot does the same.

vape>comb

Are you mixing this up with the Volcano Hybrid as I have never seen any shiny aluminium bits on my qtip, just boring old grey even though my heater looks like a shark gnawed on it.:2c:
Pretty sure the plenty had the same issue as the hybrid. Except the hybrid had some melting plastic issues in addition to the aluminum dust. I have seen silver q tops come off the plenty in same cases. It might be tied to the force used when connecting the chamber to the main unit. Maybe that is why some people dont have that issue. Will look up the posts addressing this when I have time.

I really dont want to spread any FUD. I think the plenty is a beast and very good value. It is only because of this issue that I did not want to keep my plenty which was in transport the moment I read about it. Didnt want to risk it since my next vape MUST convert me from combustion.

Updated: same thread, look at this page, 5th comment or so. He wasnt the only post.

vape>comb,
Reactions: LesPlenty

grogazola

Pretty sure the plenty had the same issue as the hybrid. Except the hybrid had some melting plastic issues in addition to the aluminum dust.

Not really the exact same issue, but you’re right. It’s already been established that the Plenty and Hybrid have metal and metal contact.

However, the Hybrid has plastic/PEEK very close to the heater that have been slightly scorched. The Plenty doesn’t have these plastic prongs as close to the heater as the Hybrid does.

Aluminum dust or aluminum oxide? I am not really educated with material safety, it scared me and I sold it. After some research I found out that aluminum oxide is not particularly harmful.

I personally am new to vaporization and it just didn’t sit well with me. My heater looked like a shark gnawed on it...but really, you could just water adapter it or pack the chamber full, in both these cases I don’t think it would be an issue.

The Plenty + the HR Fierce helped me quick nicotine, and I’ll be grateful for some time! Just my two cents!

Last edited:

vape>comb

Not really the exact same issue, but you’re right. It’s already been established that the Plenty and Hybrid have metal and metal contact.

However, the Hybrid has plastic/PEEK very close to the heater that have been slightly scorched. The Plenty doesn’t have these plastic prongs as close to the heater as the Hybrid does.

Aluminum dust or aluminum oxide? I am not really educated with material safety, it scared me and I sold it. After some research I found out that aluminum oxide is not particularly harmful.

I personally am new to vaporization and it just didn’t sit well with me. My heater looked like a shark gnawed on it...but really, you could just water adapter it or pack the chamber full, in both these cases I don’t think it would be an issue.

The Plenty + the HR Fierce helped me quick nicotine, and I’ll be grateful for some time! Just my two cents!
Neither am I an expert. I passed because I could. I just tell my wife all the cheap ones have aluminum dust in them! I must budget for a flowerpot :p.

I did write they had the same aluminum dust/whatever issue, and additionally the hybrid had reports of melting plastic. I have read almost the whole Plenty forum and cannot recall a mention of melting plastic.

No doubt its a beast of a vape. But like you I just dont feel comfortablebwith these findings.

grogazola

Neither am I an expert. I passed because I could. I just tell my wife all the cheap ones have aluminum dust in them! I must budget for a flowerpot :p.

For what its worth, Flowerpot has metal on metal contact. I think it’s Ti???

Sad to be without the absolutely body melting powers of the Plenty, but I have a Volcano Classic. That thing is a pain relief powerhouse!

vape>comb

For what its worth, Flowerpot has metal on metal contact. I think it’s Ti???

Sad to be without the absolutely body melting powers of the Plenty, but I have a Volcano Classic. That thing is a pain relief powerhouse!
Yes it should be ti. Havent read any troubling reports and the vape seems to have a fanbase like no other.

I have heard ridiculous things about the 30min full chamber infitine ripping sessions you can have with the plenty. Maybe I will consider the successor.

Volcano classic is higher on my list for that balloon experience but even above that is the mighty for a good portable.

grogazola

Volcano classic is higher on my list for that balloon experience but even above that is the mighty for a good portable.

Yup I would frequently have twenty+ minute sessions. To me, the Volcano is my favourite piece and the Mighty is extremely easy to recommend due to portability. The Plenty is a monster! And that Plenty flavour is plenty delicious!

Personally, I start off with some vapcaps microdoses (sometimes through water), then move on to the Mighty for a nice head high, when I’m ready for a deep body stone, I’ll turn on the volcano. When I’m ready for bed I’ll pack my dynavaps with kief.

I noticed if I puffed the Plenty or Volcano during the daytime, I get so giggly and sleepy. Nice to use the Mighty to get lifted during the day, and set sail with the Volcano at night.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yup I would frequently have twenty+ minute sessions. To me, the Volcano is my favourite piece and the Mighty is extremely easy to recommend due to portability. The Plenty is a monster! And that Plenty flavour is plenty delicious!

Personally, I start off with some vapcaps microdoses (sometimes through water), then move on to the Mighty for a nice head high, when I’m ready for a deep body stone, I’ll turn on the volcano. When I’m ready for bed I’ll pack my dynavaps with kief.

I noticed if I puffed the Plenty or Volcano during the daytime, I get so giggly and sleepy. Nice to use the Mighty to get lifted during the day, and set sail with the Volcano at night.
My access to decent CANNABIS is helpful.
The PLENTY has very outstanding flavor 2me?
Like some I have many vaporizer’s not to Bragg.
Mary Poppin’s had song in the book about her?
A tea spoon of sugar: finish the song if your not scared?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Will look up the posts addressing this when I have time.
That would be good as I cannot recollect any silver slithers, and fuck recommending the Mighty, at least the Plenty does not have an aluminium bowl or a plastic CU plus I think the Mighty tastes like shit compared to most vapes I own but if you are just after medication affects, the Mighty is OK.:2c:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That would be good as I cannot recollect any silver slithers, and fuck recommending the Mighty, at least the Plenty does not have an aluminium bowl or a plastic CU plus I think the Mighty tastes like shit compared to most vapes I own but if you are just after medication affects, the Mighty is OK.:2c:
To be honest I love flavor.
That is what some need?
When I was young once the lack of flavor was the reason after three hit’s os a joint throughout?
Vaporizer’s use way less weed or flower colas that are culture for a few of us from previous generations?
You need to grow MONKEY TAIL yourself!

BigC’sTowing

Which vapes do you own that taste better than the Mighty?

BigC’sTowing,
Top Bottom