Vape_Or_Die420

It used to be nearly impossible to contact anyone from S&B. Now, to make matters worse, they hide under a canopy (pun intended). :lol:

They always have been. I think they used to be worse actually, if you can believe it.
I used to just call the sales department no matter what i needed and have them forward me to customer service. Someone is more likely to answer you there.

Firebaall

Well, after a few weeks, S&B replied with the following:

Dear **** ****,

Thank you for your message.

The direct metal-on-metal contact in the VOLCANO HYBRID is needed for the convection and conduction heating and for achieving the best vaporizing results both with the balloon and the tube. While we only use high-quality materials in the VOLCANO HYBRID, an overtightening of the threads when screwing on the Filling Chamber can lead to undesired wear.

The VOLCANO CLASSIC works solely with convection heating, which means it does not require the mentioned contact between Filling Chamber and heater.

The MIGHTY and CRAFTY (+) devices feature convection and conduction heating. However, the filling chamber in these devices is permanently installed and is non-removable. Please rest assured all devices undergo thorough internal testing and external approvals.

The Filling Chamber of the PLENTY consists of stainless steel, which makes it durable and minimizes wear.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Seems they are saying the Plenty is stainless, and not a concern...

Vape_Or_Die420

Well, after a few weeks, S&B replied with the following:

Seems they are saying the Plenty is stainless, and not a concern...
Glad you got through to them. But we already know the filling chamber is stainless. Its the AL element on top of the Plenty heater that is of concern.

Vape_Or_Die420,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Vape_Or_Die420

Are there any disassembly pictures of this element? I wouldn't mind taking a closer look.
No need to disassemble. Just take the filling chamber off and look on top, its the metal ring on top of the Plenty heater that connects to the filling chamber to create conduction.

Vape_Or_Die420,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Firebaall

No need to disassemble. Just take the filling chamber off and look on top, its the metal ring on top of the Plenty heater that connects to the filling chamber to create conduction.

k1mHV28.jpg

That ring is not stainless? It appears to be.

If it's not, and the chamber is, then there'd be a galvanic corrosion issue, that I'm not seeing.

Techn!d0n

So how do you guys feel about the performance ? I just got one I'm excited I love my mighty.. So I'm hoping that it pumps out x2 the vapor...

Firebaall

So how do you guys feel about the performance ? I just got one I'm excited I love my mighty.. So I'm hoping that it pumps out x2 the vapor...

I have both, and I prefer the Plenty. It's built like a tank, and you can tailor it to your smoking preference. I actually like using the reducing chamber and dosing caps, but you're looking for shear volume, I don't know many that can keep up with a fully filled Plenty chamber...

Since buying it, the Mighty has been regulated to DMT duty. :D

Vape_Or_Die420

My email to S&B:

I recently purchased a Plenty and started reading recently that there have been some issues with metal dust accumulating on the heating element of the Plenty, similar to the issue with the Hybrid. I have been wiping down my Plenty's heating element and am consistantly getting grey metal residue when i do. I hear that you are working diligently on fixing the Hybrid, but what about the Plenty?

Their response:

The direct metal-on-metal contact in the VOLCANO HYBRID is needed for the convection and conduction heating and for achieving the best vaporizing results both with the balloon and the tube. While we only use high-quality materials in the VOLCANO HYBRID, an overtightening of the threads when screwing on the Filling Chamber can lead to undesired wear.

The VOLCANO CLASSIC works solely with convection heating, which means it does not require the mentioned contact between Filling Chamber and heater.

The MIGHTY and CRAFTY (+) devices feature convection and conduction heating. However, the filling chamber in these devices is permanently installed and is non-removable. Please rest assured all devices undergo thorough internal testing and external approvals.

The Filling Chamber of the PLENTY consists of stainless steel, which makes it durable and minimizes wear.

Best regards,

So, they are totally sidestepping this question.
It is not the filling chamber i inquired about. This is like some legal shit a company lawyer wrote to automatic reply to any safety issues.

Vape_Or_Die420,

Baron23

I loved the comment "quit trying to drown in a cup of water" Sorry, just how I see some of these posts....you don't have to agree or change a thing. Just how I see it.

I believe that the Plenty heating chamber is indeed AL....clad in ceramic. I'm thinking of some posts where I dearly wish the member would do even minimal research before posting, perhaps erroneous, alarming information.

Simple Google search will be informative (hint, "what is Plenty vaporizer heater element made of").

I believe that in the case of the Volcano Hybrid there seems to be general agreement that the "grey" residue that can be had by qtipping the AL rings (with ISO or not) is AL oxide which forms on raw AL within seconds but is not "dust" IMO that will just fly off on the power of our massive inhales. Handle any raw AL, and you will have AL oxide residue on your hands or gloves

AL slivers and chips....eh, not thrilled about that but I do know many who have had Plenty's for many years without issue.

@LesPlenty 's ring...while it look like it could use a wipe down or two, is not IMO alarming. Others may feel differently but 2 lbs of flower through it....don't look bad to me.

I found this to be informative

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=1076&tid=34

Cheers

Last edited:

Vapenayshyall

My email to S&B:

I recently purchased a Plenty and started reading recently that there have been some issues with metal dust accumulating on the heating element of the Plenty, similar to the issue with the Hybrid. I have been wiping down my Plenty's heating element and am consistantly getting grey metal residue when i do. I hear that you are working diligently on fixing the Hybrid, but what about the Plenty?

Their response:

Best regards,

So, they are totally sidestepping this question.
It is not the filling chamber i inquired about. This is like some legal shit a company lawyer wrote to automatic reply to any safety issues.
What’s the problem? The plenty chamber is all stainless steel, I don’t get what your issue with the answer is?
Edit: oh you are asking about the heating element. Are you supposed to be cleaning your heating element? How do you even get to your heating element? I think you want that oxide layer there and it shouldn’t be disturbed. Not sure but that’s what my understanding is. Maybe your question is confusing to them because nobody is cleaning the hybrids heating element.

Last edited:

Baron23

That picture was taken after a good scrub until qtips remained clean, can't wipe off galled metal.:2c:
Ah, I couldn’t see that clearly.

Do you feel that this is galling and bit of AL do or do not get in your air path.

I guess I’m asking, do you feel that your Plenty presents a health hazard?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I guess I’m asking, do you feel that your Plenty presents a health hazard?
Me personally...no problemo.:tup:
I overstuff my bowl with herb so I doubt anything would get past that anyway.:2c:
I had talked to a couple of people via PM over the last year or so that were enquiring about the Plenty and I informed them that OCD people should look elsewhere due to how it scratches up on the aluminium surface.

Vapenayshyall

Me personally...no problemo.:tup:
I overstuff my bowl with herb so I doubt anything would get past that anyway.:2c:
I had talked to a couple of people via PM over the last year or so that were enquiring about the Plenty and I informed them that OCD people should look elsewhere due to how it scratches up on the aluminium surface.
S&B are saying it’s stainless steel, not aluminum. Or is it just the filling chamber that is stainless steel which still mates with the aluminum ring around the heater? So confusing, I’ve been on the fence about getting a plenty for a back up after purchasing a hybrid.

Vapenayshyall,

NotBurned

The plenty is an amazing device, but not for daily use. I cough a lot when I use and I have bronchitis each month. I have to use a lot of herb for a good session. Since I buyed a Vapcap M the increase in health and weed efficiency is outstanding. The plenty's accumulation of metal dust is evident and the laziness of Storz and Bickel is unforgivable. I will not buy any vaporizer of this company any more.

Top Bottom