Sparkpug

When I first got my Plenty I cleaned it after the burn off and got dark grey something off the aluminum ring over the heater. It looked like how thermal paste looks on a rag after it dries. A dark grey or silverish color. I had been using the Plenty for a month and after seeing the pic on Reddit (which looks identical to what came off mine too), my subsequent wipe downs have come back clean. There's also nothing on the undersides of the reducer chamber where it makes contact with the ring. I have definitely over-tightened the chambers.

I've reduced my Plenty usage because it makes me wheeze, I think due to the sessions nature and I find it mega hard to get good rips off it with my water pipe (I can't inhale for more than 6 seconds or I feel like bursting). An E-Nano, however, can give me the entire amount in its stem (give or take what i would put in the Plenty with reducer) in 2-3 hits max with long 15 second rips, and I don't wheeze after. I like the Plenty, but it sort of made me see how much more I like my E-Nano (shamless plug, it's a great vape!)

Edit: it was a tiny amount, like, a small smudge worth. Nothing extreme.

Last edited:

grogazola

When I first got my Plenty I cleaned it after the burn off and got dark grey something off the aluminum ring over the heater. It looked like how thermal paste looks on a rag after it dries. A dark grey or silverish color. I had been using the Plenty for a month and after seeing the pic on Reddit (which looks identical to what came off mine too), my subsequent wipe downs have come back clean. There's also nothing on the undersides of the reducer chamber where it makes contact with the ring. I have definitely over-tightened the chambers.

I've reduced my Plenty usage because it makes me wheeze, I think due to the sessions nature and I find it mega hard to get good rips off it with my water pipe (I can't inhale for more than 6 seconds or I feel like bursting). An E-Nano, however, can give me the entire amount in its stem (give or take what i would put in the Plenty with reducer) in 2-3 hits max with long 15 second rips, and I don't wheeze after. I like the Plenty, but it sort of made me see how much more I like my E-Nano (shamless plug, it's a great vape!)
Which Reddit plenty pic? This one?
https://imgur.com/a/9A9ecJv

Last edited:
grogazola,
Reactions: ataxian

Sparkpug

No, not that one. There's a different one I'll have to find, but it showed a q-tip run over the ring and the grey stuff on the q-tip. That's what was on my rag. Seems to be what S&B is referencing in their updated instructions for the hybrid, same thing as on the 420 Vapezone vid too.

grogazola

No, not that one. There's a different one I'll have to find, but it showed a q-tip run over the ring and the grey stuff on the q-tip. That's what was on my rag. Seems to be what S&B is referencing in their updated instructions for the hybrid, same thing as on the 420 Vapezone vid too.
Yeah I saw that one it’s a hybrid I think

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
I ordered a jar of that Five Star PBW and it showed up today, going to give the coil a good cleaning tomorrow, hopefully it works well.

I wanted to report back, that cleaning the coil with the PBW worked great. I removed the ends, and it fit perfectly in a mason jar. About half a teaspoon or so of PBW and boiling water into the jar, sealed it up and let it sit. I gave it a good shake about every 15 minutes and after an hour it was really clean.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
the mighty is fine.
But tasted like shit compared to a Plenty., it is a useful vape when mobile but that is it for me:2c:

after an hour it was really clean.
Sounds like a good idea.

I have always had the grey wear dust on my Plenty heater ring but never on the filling chamber (I think it is stainless)
I put this down to me doing the loosen the filling chamber cap so I can twist the filling chamber down even tighter onto the Plenty heater ring. It has never worried me at all as I always pack well over a gram of pot on top of that space that is not really 'in' the vapor path anyway, just on the edge. So my pot would filter the dust out anyway.(aluminium is in most antiperspirant spray so can't be that bad for you. :2c:

Now the melting plastic on the Hybrid is a different story.:razz:

Sparkpug

Yeah oops, the pic is from a Hybrid but it's the same stuff I got off my Plenty's ring. After more closely inspecting the ring now, there are 3 small spots of dark stained areas on it. It doesn't feel like there's anything there when I run my finger over it and It certainly doesn't appear to be building up or coming off either (cleaning it now comes back with nothing.) Based on how the reducer fits over the ring, it's unlikely this would get into the air path.

I haven't exactly felt concerned about it. After a month of daily use it has not gotten worse in any way.

grogazola

Does anyone have a Plenty without a lot of wear and tear? Mine just grossed me out. I did the trick where you tighten the bottom chamber first.

Really don’t like mine after six weeks. I want another one if this is just an exception:
https://imgur.com/a/9A9ecJv

grogazola,
Reactions: LesPlenty

grogazola

Metal on metal wear, it would not be a warranty issue I believe, but why not try...see what S&B official stance is on it.:myday:
Oh yeah! Didn’t think of that!

I thought I read a few pages back that S&B says it’s normal.

I more so meant I’d sell it, inevitably miss it, and want another one where I would so gently tighten it and just caress it.

I know aluminum is generally harmless and i know it’s not really in the airpath. Just kind of off putting.

Was hoping there was variation in the amount of wear and tear in the Plenties out in the wild.

grogazola

The plenty is the best vape.

I wish I knew more about this.

a) city folk ingest contaminants daily
b) could it be an oxide layer?
c) could it be harmlwss? aluminum is considered harmless

A lot of people are going both ways, some say it’s harmless, some say it’s harmful, and some are confused and tired (like me)

NotBurned

I clean the plenty before every use to minimize aluminium dust inhalation. I love the plenty but S&B disappointed me. Any warning on their website or concern about customers health. I will not buy a S&B product anymore. I buyed a vapcap as a daily driver and will let the plenty for special occasions. Fuck Storz and Bickel.

NotBurned,

Vape_Or_Die420

Anyone notice how S&B never show any love to the plenty? I don't think it appears on any of their social media. They never advertise it. I wonder if it's days are numbered here soon now that the hybrid gives the ability to have a whip.

Vape_Or_Die420,

Vape_Or_Die420

Sorry for the double post.

Any Plenty users that have contacted S&B about the issue similar to the Hybrid is having, receive a response? I sent an email to them on the 30th of December, no response.

Vape_Or_Die420,

BigC’sTowing

Sorry for the double post.

Any Plenty users that have contacted S&B about the issue similar to the Hybrid is having, receive a response? I sent an email to them on the 30th of December, no response.
I have not contacted snb regarding my Plenty. I know there’s a difference in the material used in the chamber between the two. Whether that makes a difference, I’m not sure.

voyciz

We decided to stop using the Plenty for now. Have only used it a handful of times, and never paid too much attention to the metal rings until now...but looking closely I can see marring on the heating chamber, and a qtip shows metal dust also. Such a shame!

I cough so much when using this device. Is that from the weed, or from the metal particles hitting my lungs? Hmm

Last edited:

grogazola

We decided to stop using the Plenty for now. Have only used it a handful of times, and never paid too much attention to the metal rings until now...but looking closely I can see marring on the heating chamber, and a qtip shows metal dust also. Such a shame!

I cough so much when using this device. Is that from the weed, or from the metal particles hitting my lungs? Hmm

I might be selling mine today. Such a sad day. If they update the Plenty, that’ll be a must have for me.

voyciz

If they update the Plenty, that’ll be a must have for me.

Yeah but do you actually trust S&B to do it right? They don't seem to have any accountability as far as these health concerns go. They clearly do not care about their customers . Fuck them!

grogazola

Yeah but do you actually trust S&B to do it right? They don't seem to have any accountability as far as these health concerns go. They clearly do not care about their customers . Fuck them!

Kind of, yes. Even though they messed up. Big.

They basically invented the ‘medical vaporizer.’ Twenty years ago.

Everything they do is certified by TUV.

Their lab looks state of the art (someone posted this in the hybrid thread)

Personally, they took a dive, but they still have a chance to make it right.

However, I know what you mean. I don’t really trust Canopy.

edit - it’s gone! :cry:

Last edited:
grogazola,
Top Bottom