suhbliem

Grower
just thought I would chime in with my thoughts on the plenty. for anyone following my posts and opinions one would quickly realize that I am very very picky with my vaporizers. many things are factored in when I formulate a decision on a particular vape (ease of use, amount of herb used, number of hits per gram of herb used, quality/taste of vapor, heat up time). I own several other vaporizers and I have to say that the plenty + a water pipe is my go to home device.

The great thing about this vape is that I can fit 1/8 oz of trimmings into the chamber and have a solid 3 sessions with it (about 30-40 hits per session). I am a high tolerance user generally smoking about 1 oz. every week. What this means is that generally speaking I only have to pack this thing up once and I'm good for the entire day.

I understand that for those who have to buy their bud that this can get very expensive very quickly. I think the only reason that this device is practical for me is because I use trimming/popcorn buds instead of medical grade buds (i sell that to my patients instead of smoking it). If I were to buy buds to pack this up with, I doubt I would use it at all.

Another nice feature of this unit is that it mates to a water pipe very nicely. It's a unit that is very portable and easy to move around when compared to other similar vaporizers.

Bottom line: its a fantastic vape if you have the material on hand to use it to it's fullest potential, but if you have to use a liquipad regularly b/c you don't fill the chamber up all the way, they something like a cloud or ssv might be a better choice for you.

Just my two cents, hopefully it helps someone make the decision

ugobo

Bottom line: its a fantastic vape if you have the material on hand to use it to it's fullest potential, but if you have to use a liquipad regularly b/c you don't fill the chamber up all the way, they something like a cloud or ssv might be a better choice for you.

I can only dream of better days when i'll have an unlimited quantity of material to fill my Plenty every day! Because that's the only reason why i don't use it more often. The liquid pad added to a small amount just don't get the same results.This device really bear it's name; it takes plenty of material to get plenty of hits plenty of flavor!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I can only dream of better days when i'll have an unlimited quantity of material to fill my Plenty every day! Because that's the only reason why i don't use it more often. The liquid pad added to a small amount just don't get the same results.This device really bear it's name; it takes plenty of material to get plenty of hits plenty of flavor!

That's how it was with the Volcano as well - I needed more diversity in load size, that's what originally held me back from jumping on the plenty.

mvapes,

YFZ

The size of the bowl is enough to throw people off. Vaping is suposed to save herb too right? When someone smokes they know exactly how much it will take for the effects in a session. This holds what 1 grahm? So a low to medium tollerance person should take 2 hits or what? Something like this wouldnt be too much if at all more efficient than smoke. Which is ok for some i guess. 1G of smoke could medicate a few people too assuming you dont use an ounce a week Lol. Not being able to spend the herb in one session wouldnt work for me. I like to get the herb dark brown and get the full effects. A couple of hits on 380 with the plenty would feel much different than the same amount fully cooked in another device id imagine. I like the calming of the cbds. The temp might be the same, but the plenty would have tons of green left. Therfore a much much higher thc to cbd ratio since thc vapes at lower temps. I dont like mostly thc blasts. Too heady/racy without the more relaxed buzz of going thru the herb at once. Basically i could see this as an awesome party vape with high tollerance users. Two vapman bowls is like .05 at most and thats enough for me. Would .05 even do much in the plenty? Not fair to compare i guess. It would blast it in 1 hit i would think and thats it your done lol

YFZ,

SyFiE

Hi, First time poster, just joined to share my two cents on this Plenty vape I just bought today...

So my background with vapes...

I've owned 2 Extreme Qs (1 broke) and loved it. For a while I packed the regular bowl, being a complete rookie, then I learned to pack the elbow instead and later on I bought myself a coffee grinder and packing became as simple as scooping out a bowl from the grinder. I had tried a Volcano and loved the taste + consistency of vapor but did not like bagging it up. I'm not a fan of bags as I'm an avid PC gamer and would rather hit on a whip, not a bag while I game. I also own a MFLB and a Davinci, of which I'm very satisfied with the latter (though it will probably soon be replaced by an Inhalator). Anyway...

My career is finally coming to fruition and having found myself with enough funds saved up, I decided to buy a new vape. When I started seeing reviews on the Plenty vape, I was sold.

So, I bought it today and its damn sexy. Couple of things:

1. Nice circular, wide, shallow bowl (~1 and 2/3 inch diameter, 2/3 inch deep). However, it's huge. That means you better have enough to pack huge bowls or get used to using the liquid pad. I sit on anywhere from 2-4oz at any given time, so I pack the whole bowl. Lasts me over an hour, probably two, roughly 50 hits.

2.Bowl and mouthpiece connections VERY easy to use. Just twist open and close. Nowhere for stray cannabis to fall into and gunk up while packing.

3. Very fine mesh screens on both sides of bowl, so I'm able to grind the greens up very finely in coffee grinder.

4. Mouthpiece fits perfectly in mouth. No fidgeting to get the "perfect vacuum effect" for nice, thick vapor. It is removable from stainless steal coil, which affords modding opportunities. I'm considering attaching a plastic whip to make it more like a desktop vape, or to connect it to a water pipe.

5. Taste is amazing from the very beginning to end.

6. Takes about 2 min to fire up in the beginning, automatic shut off, will slowly cool of while idle until you hit the trigger again, it will heat up to your desired temp then turn off again, and then slowly cools off. You can hit the whole temperature spectrum. 90 second cycle until you can turn it back on.

7. Long cable for my purposes. I think 6 or 7 feet. Plug has a ground prong, so make sure you have an outlet you can connect it to.

8. The side that doesn't have power button and temp dial has three sturdy, little rubber footpads. Very underrated but awesome benefit, especially if your considering the possibility of converting this into a desktop vape.

Let's put it this way. I rarely ever share my opinion or experience, but I felt this was definitely worth it. I've had a lot of experience vaping and this has been my best experience so far. Absolutely in love with this device and will probably be my favorite vape for a long time to come. My Extreme Q sits in on the side now permanently, in utter shame, having served me well, but not coming near the vapor quality of the Plenty.

Edit: Oh, I should add, if it's no blatantly clear, that YES I have a high tolerance but I ALSO experience increasing intensity of medication the more I consume, with slight diminishing returns, and I stay medicated during almost all of my recreational time (which is basically whenever I'm not working).

ugobo

Welcome to the FC forum SyFiE!

I love my Plenty! I use it a lot these days because my stash volume is high but it is not always the case.
The filling chamber is certainly the biggest in the vaporizer business! The biggest i've seen for sure. And filling it full is the only way the Plenty satisfy me. The liquid pad give some minor taste and less vapor at once in my opinion so i never use that set up.

I also use the Plenty as a desktop vaporizer with a whip and sometimes a AquaVape for water filtration. That set-up just give a completely new perspective to the Plenty and it is my favorite way of using it. But i don't think S&B sold a lot of those. The price might have been a major let down for some. I personally think it's worth it but one should know more about it's conception and fonctionability before buying the Plenty. Because to run it properly you either need a good stash source or use it as a party vape (like it is suppose to be really) and let your friends fill the bowl!

ugobo,

justcametomind

I just read the entire thread.
Did anyone used the Liquid Pad actually for oils or concentrates? How does it work?

justcametomind,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Assuming it works like the volcano (which I think is a safe assumption from what I know about the design of the PLENTY), it works very well. I've used it at a party before and we spread a nice big dab of BHO all over the top and popped it in on the highest setting. Got two massive bags of vapor and a third so-so that got everyone ripped.

CentiZen,

justcametomind

Assuming it works like the volcano (which I think is a safe assumption from what I know about the design of the PLENTY), it works very well. I've used it at a party before and we spread a nice big dab of BHO all over the top and popped it in on the highest setting. Got two massive bags of vapor and a third so-so that got everyone ripped.
Can you clean the liquid pad in some way or have you got to buy a new pad after some use? Someone says it gets dirty even if used with herb as a chamber reducer.

justcametomind,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Just throw it in 100% ISO alcohol and it will clean itself up. But yes, it does get dirty fast.

CentiZen,

rubbabudbud

I've had my Plenty for over a year now and it's my vape of choice in my living room. If you don't have enough material to fill the chamber it isn't really worth vaping with the Plenty. You need a ready supply of herb to make the most of it. After a second bowl I've sometimes felt a little nauseous and the slight edge of a whitey. Lol

People have talked about cleaning but I've used mine with 1 or 2 full bowls nightly for many months and have never cleaned it. Maintenance-free in my experience. If I do feel inclined to I think I'll just replace with a new coil and screens to save the kerfuffle.

Amazing machine as evidenced by the positive comments in this thread. With faultless engineering like this manufacturers can just rely on word-of-mouth to sell their machines. Well worth the money and just love the slightly steam-punk look.

A hearty pat on the back for Storz & Bickel. :)

rubbabudbud,

lwien

If you don't have enough material to fill the chamber it isn't really worth vaping with the Plenty.

With faultless engineering like this....

These two statements seem to contradict one another. I wouldn't necessarily call it faultless engineering considering the size of chamber and how much bud you need to put in there for it to be effective.

lwien,
Reactions: CentiZen
I just picked up the Plenty yesterday, this thing is nothing short of amazing. I found one locally and was given an awesome discount.

The herb chamber is bigger than I would like, but even small amounts with the liquid pad give you great sessions. I use the scoop from my no2 and 1 scoop got me more medicated with the plenty than the no2 does with 3x that amount.

Effortless cleaning, no little pieces to fidget with.

rubbabudbud

No contradiction here lwien. The liquid pad sorts that issue if you have a lower tolerance or can't get enough material as tonytwotokes testifies. I have a high tolerance and like to sit and sip the Plenty for 20-30 minutes so a full bowl is mandatory for me.

rubbabudbud,

anglaylow

Just bought my Plenty a month and a half ago as a self-Christmas gift...love it so far. Some random thoughts after thorough usage:
  • As many say, the quality of vapor is excellent and can even be intense - this coming from a decade-long daily and heavy bong user, I agree with whoever said that it's a good vape for people who are used to smoking and like the intensity of smoke vs. vapor.
  • Yes, the design is strange and there are a number of things I dislike about it but it's really not a big deal and doesn't ruin it for me - in fact, I like how random it looks for discretion factor
  • The liquid pad is a pain in the ass. I think maybe I let mine get too dirty or something but I let it soak overnight in ISO and it seemed better although not super effective by any means.
  • I would like to reach a consensus on this board with respect to the optimal filling amount. The liquid pad does help for smaller amounts but it seems that the hits can never get as intense as filling the chamber.
  • I should note that after filling the chamber up significantly (after reading posts in this thread) I saw a drastic improvement in the vape quality/intensity - ideally I could get good hits off less green considering it ain't cheap
  • I wish the heat stayed on for at least 5 minutes before hitting auto-shut off. It's really annoying to have to keep turning the heat back on. (Does anyone have a solution for this?)
One last thing...how on earth do I get the bong-esque contraption shown in a picture by another user? I took that picture to a few shops in Toronto and nobody could figure out how to do the same.

Sorry for the long post!

anglaylow,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just bought my Plenty a month and a half ago as a self-Christmas gift...love it so far. Some random thoughts after thorough usage:
  • As many say, the quality of vapor is excellent and can even be intense - this coming from a decade-long daily and heavy bong user, I agree with whoever said that it's a good vape for people who are used to smoking and like the intensity of smoke vs. vapor.
  • Yes, the design is strange and there are a number of things I dislike about it but it's really not a big deal and doesn't ruin it for me - in fact, I like how random it looks for discretion factor
  • The liquid pad is a pain in the ass. I think maybe I let mine get too dirty or something but I let it soak overnight in ISO and it seemed better although not super effective by any means.
  • I would like to reach a consensus on this board with respect to the optimal filling amount. The liquid pad does help for smaller amounts but it seems that the hits can never get as intense as filling the chamber.
  • I should note that after filling the chamber up significantly (after reading posts in this thread) I saw a drastic improvement in the vape quality/intensity - ideally I could get good hits off less green considering it ain't cheap
  • I wish the heat stayed on for at least 5 minutes before hitting auto-shut off. It's really annoying to have to keep turning the heat back on. (Does anyone have a solution for this?)
One last thing...how on earth do I get the bong-esque contraption shown in a picture by another user? I took that picture to a few shops in Toronto and nobody could figure out how to do the same.

Sorry for the long post!
It's just a Hydratube from a Cloud from the looks of things sitting on top of the Plenty ... the user says it fits an 18mm connection fine (you could maybe add rubber gaskets if you're having a hard time making a seal)

JCat,

anglaylow

Excellent. Thanks for your help.

Some of you have said that you need to completely fill the chamber to get the best results. I tried this and was really pleased but exactly how full is full for the rest of you? Are you packing it to the point no more material could fit/move around without the liquid pad? There is really quite a bit of room in there, I don't have a scale but I imagine a gram of finely grinded herb would fit.

anglaylow,

anglaylow

So here is what I ended up doing...
  • Bought a plain glass bong (18mm down stem)
  • Put a small rubber o-ring around the black Plenty piece (pictured)
I wasn't crazy about the idea of the Hydratube as I wanted to have less restrictive airflow than what I am used to with perculator-style bongs. I was most interested in having a chamber to fill vapor with and although it doesn't look like I'm getting anything when inhaling, the vapor is visible when I exhale and it's intense. I'm very pleased!
2qir0g1.jpg
1h5g1c.jpg

dr doodle

I am a heavy volcano user. We use it all day every day to medicate. We go through bags often(they get holes in over time)

We got a plenty for a more 'portable' and convenient volcano-quality vaporizer.

We were disappointed.

#1) For a handheld/portal you have to plug it in. It has no battery pack, or battery upgrade available. It also has exposed burning, hot metal parts. so you have to wait a while before storing it. The volcano can cool down and be stored within 10-15 minutes. The plenty, I dont think so, not without a heatproof container.

#2) You can very easily burn yourself with the plenty, not so much with the original volcano. The metal coil gets super hot. It could possibly even start a fire(I am not going to test it out). There is no way to 'place it down' without laying a burning hot metal coil on something.

All in all the volcano is clearly superior. The plenty isn't well thought out at all. Get a volcano or a handheld, battery powered vape that wont BURN you.

After each of us burning ourselves we didnt even try the plenty out further. Its a clearly flawed design and for the cost, its a flat out rip off.

dr doodle,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
dr doodle...I wonder if the hot coil issue is universal or if you have a defective unit. I don't remember hearing that issue before.

Anyone?

stickstones,

ugobo

Yes,the cooling coil get very hot! Enough to burn yourself;yes. Enough to cause a fire? Mmmm... Don't think so. Unless you put it into inflamable stuff i suppose.

The Plenty clearly was'nt designed to provide the same vapor delivery as the Volcano so a comparaison would'nt be fair i think. The Plenty is a party vape and is far from flawed in my opinion. Because the Plenty deliver a lot! This device really stand by it's name! Every aspects of this device is "plenty" with this vaporizer!

The only way the get the right results is by loading the filling chamber as much as you can (without compressing the material) without the liquid pad. The flavor and vapor delivery never disapoint. It's always a satisfying experience and my friends who've tried it liked it a lot even with the odd look and design of the thing.

I don't use the Plenty often because of the amount of material required to operate it in an optimal way. But when i do it's like treating myself with high quality,dense vapor with an very reliable unit. I just can't see how my Plenty could break or stop fonctioning. I would recommend the Plenty to anyone aware of it's design and fonctionability,even with it's high price tag.

ugobo,

anglaylow

Yes, the Plenty gets very hot. I burned myself once or twice already but I agree with ugobo that it isn't hot enough to start a fire. I honestly think that my Plenty can put out thicker vapor than my Volcano but the Volcano is definitely superior, no question. Because I primarily medicate solo, I actually prefer the Plenty to the Volcano since every hit is fresh rather than left sitting in the bag. Often times I would overfill the Volcano bags just to let them sit and dissipate (and leave that cakey grime from the vapor).

I have tried several battery operated vapes and they never do the trick like a plugin style. It's unfortunate that the design of the Plenty looks as tho it was headed for a "portable" setup but still doesn't quite make it out of the desktop category for me. Definitely a highly portable desktop vape tho.

I think you really need to think about how you intend to use it before making sure it's right for you. I disagree with saying it is a party vape - the Volcano's bag delivery system is much more catered to "party-style" vaping whereas I think the Plenty is better for solo vape sessions. That said, with a fully packed Plenty, you could get a room full of people pretty giggly but passing a bag is much easier.

anglaylow,

igotmatsui

A friend of mine is just getting into vaping as well, and he is interested in this unit. He is not the best at keeping things in, the best condition, but is a heavy user of weed so wants something that will get him great pulls. Is this a good unit to get as a first? Or should he look at something different?

igotmatsui,

Flan

Hey first time poster here...love this forum. I currently own the mlfb, but am seriously considering the plenty or the LSV. Anyone have experience with both? I will primarily be using it by myself and supply is not an issue. Things i like about the plenty include:

- Appears to be durable -- wont break easy
- Excellent company
- Based on reviews, produces excellent, cool vapor

Things i'm concerned about:
- Coil can get very hot
- Does not come with a portable bag
- Expensive compared to the LSV

I also wondering if you could put the coil in the freezer - has anyone tried this?

The LSV also has great reviews.

Flan,
Top Bottom