Plenty and Lotus - good first choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyPowers

If there's one thing I hate it's losing.
If there's two things I hate it's losing and getting cancer.

Fuck Combustion! But me sitting around smoking weed is awesome.
So I'm hoping I can switch to a strong vaporizer and take care of this beautiful body god blessed me with.

My number one priority is to stop smoking - if a high price tag is what it takes, ouch. but so be it.
I bought a $250 volcano knock off a few years ago. It took forever to fill the bag and couldn't satisfy my appetite. A year after sitting on the shelf it stopped working and I threw it in the trash - too bad I didn't buy the real thing.

I read the firefly thread and semi-annually replacing expensive batteries is not for this muchacho.
My number two priority is something that doesn't have a lot of upkeep costs and will last for years.

The Plenty fits that bill. Plug it in, no batteries or fragile glass. Built like a tank by a reputable company.
I read the Plenty thread and aside from Bravesst enjoying his Mighty but not getting anything out of his Plenty... seems great.

The biggest complaint for Plenty is that it's not good with small amounts.
Fine. I'd rather use more herb and blast off than buy an 'efficient' vaporizer that I hate and go back to smoking. Like I said my top priority is to replace smoking.

Anyway it's all about the right tool for the job.
The Plenty is for blasting off, not for taking a small hit now and again.

Once I'm on the other side I can use a Lotus on demand for more efficient smaller bumps to keep me there.
Lotus also shares the same act and ritual as smoking so I think that'll help. Also no moving parts, motors or electronics to break! And it has the advantage of being portable so I'll have something for my camping trips. Portable isn't a big priority but it's a nice amenity.

What do you think of my plan? Is this a good combination of devices to get me off smoking?
Any other vapes I should strongly consider? I got burned out from all that reading and couldn't bring myself to go through more than a few pages of the cloud evo thread.

Things that I don't care about: Group sharing, Stealth, Learning Curve, Temperature Control, Concentrates.

Last edited:

Philreal187

Welcome to the thread Kenny fucking Powers. It seems you have done some research and have a good grip on what the vape needs to be for you. I don't have any experience with the plenty and lotus. Just wanted to recommend my favorite two vapes.

Out home I have an Underdog log plugged in all the time. Its ready for a quick hit or trip to the moon. I find I reach for the underdog for its ease of use and very low maintenance. Just keep the basket sceen clean and the hits will rip.

Over a year ago I was really looking hard into the lotus and vapman. After plenty of time comparing pros and cons the force was strong with the vapman!! It has since become my all time favorite vape that only grows better with age. It also is very low maintenance for cleaning.

I hope you find the right vapes to fit your lifestyle and join the many that found vaping is a way of life. Once you notice the clean effects and almost zero waste of product it is hard to ever imagine not using a vaporizer.

:peace:

KennyPowers

Welcome to the thread Kenny fucking Powers. It seems you have done some research and have a good grip on what the vape needs to be for you. I don't have any experience with the plenty and lotus. Just wanted to recommend my favorite two vapes.

Out home I have an Underdog log plugged in all the time. Its ready for a quick hit or trip to the moon. I find I reach for the underdog for its ease of use and very low maintenance. Just keep the basket sceen clean and the hits will rip.

Over a year ago I was really looking hard into the lotus and vapman. After plenty of time comparing pros and cons the force was strong with the vapman!! It has since become my all time favorite vape that only grows better with age. It also is very low maintenance for cleaning.

I hope you find the right vapes to fit your lifestyle and join the many that found vaping is a way of life. Once you notice the clean effects and almost zero waste of product it is hard to ever imagine not using a vaporizer.

Thanks Phil. What specifically made you choose the vapman over the lotus?

Hi Kenny

From one fictional TV character to another I would say look into the Mighty rather than the Plenty... it hits just as hard in a small little package.

I didn't consider the Mighty because of batteries but I did a really quick search and it looks like you can plug it into the wall and use it that way? Pretty sweet!

So the only advantage the plenty has is for large groups?

MinnBobber

I didn't consider the Mighty because of batteries but I did a really quick search and it looks like you can plug it into the wall and use it that way? Pretty sweet!
Controversial topic but plugging Mighty in and using it IMO is hard on the battery and Mighty battery is very expensive to replace. S & B responded that it is "mostly pass through" but it appears some juice will come from AC and some from the battery which puts a big thermal load on it.
Others are comfortable using their Mighty plugged in. I would never do it myself.

Mighty is a very solid unit with above average battery life. Love the display and exact temp selection!

KennyPowers

I like it.
I'm not a large group.

Like it more than the mighty?

Controversial topic but plugging Mighty in and using it IMO is hard on the battery and Mighty battery is very expensive to replace. S & B responded that it is "mostly pass through" but it appears some juice will come from AC and some from the battery which puts a big thermal load on it.
Others are comfortable using their Mighty plugged in. I would never do it myself.

Mighty is a very solid unit with above average battery life. Love the display and exact temp selection!

As long as it never stops working plugged in (even if it stops working battery-only) that's okay with me.

KennyPowers,

MinnBobber

Now that's an interesting question....I'm going to post over in the Mighty thread to see if anyone had dead battery AND tried plugging it in...

Using while plugged in probably won't kill it dead, now....but might reduce the life from 200 hours to 180, for example. It's just not the best for maximizing battery life.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

dirtdragon

Plenty is better for groups and not very efficient due to large bowl. Mighty is better IMHO for personal use. I would use it on battery and plug it in when it gets low. battery will last longer that way

dirtdragon,

Philreal187

@KennyPowers I believe it was the craftsmanship of the vapman that intrigued my curiosity the most. After getting the vapman it definitely has that similar bowl ritual and with practice and improved lighter technique its extremely efficient with herb. From what I read on the vapman thread most really like the lotus for huge lung busting hit from water tools. The vapman is more a sit back sip and enjoy. Again with experience you can push the vapman to give large hits. I find with a pinch of herb to fill the pan I can get 12-15 good hits. When pushing its more like 4-8 big fast hits. Definitely both well respected vapes on this thread I think it boils down to how you plan to use the vape in your daily life. For some reason the vapman was racing through my mind for weeks before buying, but I wasn't sure how it would fit into my line up. With time it worked its way to the top and really become my go to. Maybe its magic, maybe the force is strong with this one, maybe its one vape to rule them all. I really don't know but its all love.

ChooChooCharlie

Like it more than the mighty?
Sorry, don't own Mighty. Crafty here. Same idea, though.
Guess you're asking a "which should I get" question, assuming already have additional portable selected. I say Plenty, with a few qualifiers. Don't want you to be surprised or disappointed.

Restraint. Can you exercise restraint when putting a pinch on herb chamber? If not, then you will certainly have fun with the Plenty, but you will rapidly exhaust your prior vaping herb budget.

First few draws are not visible. Convection vape like this one needs priming draws. Don't get pissed off on your first Plenty session. But use its power to an advantage. Feel free to take as many "flavor" draws as you wish. Won't affect 4 minute warmup for level seven. And don't fiddle, leave it on level seven.

I've been doing 0.1g sessions every two hours or so. Long, slow draw. Get 3-4 big lungfuls. The ABV is spent according to a recent study, with only 2% THC left in ABV residue.

Hope this helps. Several members here say they fucked combustion with Plenty, then sought other vapes.
I still love the damn thing. That "fiddle-factor" issue for folks like me with tremors or spasms -- it is important for me. And the wide open and cool vapor stream. I'm obviously a fan. Don't listen to me.

Good luck in your selection process!

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
I haven't tried it personally, but I've heard the Lotus is a pretty heavy-hitter. If it intrigues you, I say get it and try it out before you purchase a Plenty. You might find that you don't even need to spend the extra cash on another vape. (That's not to say you might not want another vape -- VAS is a serious condition around here! :lol: )

Good luck with whatever you decide!

:2c:

KennyPowers

Restraint. Can you exercise restraint when putting a pinch on herb chamber? If not, then you will certainly have fun with the Plenty, but you will rapidly exhaust your prior vaping herb budget.

Do you think liberal use would exhaust supply faster than taking bong rips with a lighter?

I haven't tried it personally, but I've heard the Lotus is a pretty heavy-hitter. If it intrigues you, I say get it and try it out before you purchase a Plenty. You might find that you don't even need to spend the extra cash on another vape. (That's not to say you might not want another vape -- VAS is a serious condition around here! :lol: )

Good luck with whatever you decide!

:2c:

I'd be upset if the lotus doesn't do enough on it's own and I'd get discouraged from buying a more expensive vape like the plenty after a let down. Then this whole plan for quitting combustion would go up in smoke.

Odds are I'll make dual purchases once some 420 sales start.
Hopefully I can find a plenty for 15 or 20% off. That's a lot of money when you're talking about a $300 price tag.

KennyPowers,
Reactions: Derrrpp

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
@KennyPowers

You wouldn't be let down by any of the flame powered vapes.

Price is almost irrelevant when it comes to a quality vaporizer, and I can definitely assure you that the Plenty, while an interesting looking device, does not get nearly the love around here that any of the butane vapes do.

Just saying :)

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Why has no one mentioned the solo, it's built like a tank, will last years, and is very satisfying, even for a smoker...

My eq wipes the floor with me in 1 hit, but the solo is great for them times I want to emulate sitting down and enjoying a nice spliff, I fucked combustion 6 months ago, but I'd have really appreciated a solo in them early days of craving a smoke....

KennyPowers

Supreme 3.. Biggest hitting butane vape..great taste and efficient..temp control..I own every butane vape on market and love this one..and I really like the hammer too!

It's out of stock on the website. And the website is shoddy and broken, doesn't exactly instill me with confidence. And it's more expensive than the lotus and vapman. Hmmm....
http://supremevaporizer.com/UseWithWhip.html

Why has no one mentioned the solo, it's built like a tank, will last years, and is very satisfying, even for a smoker...

My eq wipes the floor with me in 1 hit, but the solo is great for them times I want to emulate sitting down and enjoying a nice spliff, I fucked combustion 6 months ago, but I'd have really appreciated a solo in them early days of craving a smoke....

Damn now I have a whole new device to research..
It looks like the solo and EQ are two different models so IDK what to make of your post.

KennyPowers,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Anyway it's all about the right tool for the job.
The Plenty is for blasting off, not for taking a small hit now and again.

I don't have a Plenty, I do have a Lotus and it's pretty nice, a little finicky to get the hang of for consistant results.

I would say get the Plenty. You're trying to curb smoking completely, the Plenty is a heavy hitter with basically no learning curve. It will hold a ton of weed so you can vape alot, and still feel "high" despite not smoking. Lot of people find vaping more subtle and give it up without letting their body adjust.....I think the Plenty with it's heavy hit factor and big bowl size could probably curb that.

Then when you get used to it, you could use the liquid pad as a spacer for smaller bowls or whatever amount you needed.

Like I said, I don't own a Plenty, but I was eyeing one up. Just something I don't really need personally but if I ever saw one cheap I would probably snag just to fool around with

kellya86

Herb gardener...
It looks like the solo and EQ are two different models so IDK what to make of your post.

Sorry should have been more clear, the eq and solo are both made by arizer, a tried and tested manufacturer...

The eq is the desktop mainly convection...

Solo is portable mainly conduction...

Both very good vapes, with no reliability issues, and easily moddable...

I done a shit load of research here on fc before I bought vapes, these 2 came up as the ones with least problems and best reviews... I'm not saying they are the best, that's personal preference, but the solo thread at nearly 1500 pages, speaks for itself..

KennyPowers

Thanks Kelly, my reading comprehension was to blame now that I take a second look at your post.
I'll definitely look into the EQ before pulling the trigger on the Plenty.

@whateverman was hyping the solo in the Plenty thread and putting the plenty on blast. But there was a lot of push back with other people saying that the solo had too much draw resistance and didn't do it for them.

Last edited:
KennyPowers,

ChooChooCharlie

Do you think liberal use would exhaust supply faster than taking bong rips with a lighter?

Wow, that is a tough question.
Was mostly a joint smoker. Combustion is so different. I'd bet most people struggle with the transition.
But it seems folks here on FC claim to have noticeably reduced their herb consumption rate.
I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning this, but @Socks And Sandals did micro load combusting with a pipe. He referred to it as a spoon. I'm so old and ignorant, don't even know what a spoon looks like.
He was looking for a vape to emulate his prior session frequency and duration, while reducing total consumption. The Plenty did not meet his needs, but found what he was looking for in the Cloud EVO.
Know it's pricey, but if it is the best fit for you, it will pay for itself in reduced consumption.
If you PM socks, maybe he can better answer your question. Good luck!

ChooChooCharlie,

KennyPowers

Micro load is not really my style, Bong is a much bigger hit than a pipe.
I read up on the Airizer EQ but it has glass parts so I'd rather spend a little extra for the durability of the Plenty.

KennyPowers,

little maggie

Micro load is not really my style, Bong is a much bigger hit than a pipe.
I read up on the Airizer EQ but it has glass parts so I'd rather spend a little extra for the durability of the Plenty.
I'm someone who prefers glass. I do have the EQ plus the mods from DDvave. There are so many glass pieces that are interchangeable that breaking one of the pieces wouldn't make a difference, although clumsy as I am none have broken.. I'm new to the EQ but I know people have had theirs for years.

Last edited:
little maggie,

subway13029

Supreme 3 website is mega outdated..he does alot of work with members her3 on fc.he mostly sells on ebay i believe be we have all just shot him email and he runs a special for fc members..i only paid 120 and best 120 i ever spent..trust me..blows the lotus out of the water imho..i love.the lotus as well..

subway13029,

YungLeaner

If you're trying to quit smoking, and willing to drop the money, I highly recommend the Cloud Evo. The supreme that others recommended is a very good vape but the operation requires torching a block of exposed metal to very high temperatures, and it is a severe safety threat if you aren't very careful. I have used a Plenty and while I liked it I found the large bowl to be quite annoying simply because the taste and potency felt as though it was downgrading very quickly from the initial hits. The Cloud Evo is a full convection vape that is easy to use and delivers hits as big as anything else on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom