Please help me decide on vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzietoker

Hi guys. I have read the "things to look 4 in a vape" and been doing countless hours of research on here and other sites. I've been posting similar questions on numerous threads and it was suggested I post on "ask FC" so here i am.
I have already been getting help on those other threads which I REALLY appreciate but if anything it's making the choice harder!

OK - so I have decided to quit smoking after nearly 20 years (mostly bongs mixed with tobacco) and would say my tolerance is fairly high (although getting lower as I quit of course)

I had narrowed my choices down to SSV,Plenty,LSV,Cloud PLUS (Evo not out here) and now someone has suggested after reading my posts that maybe E-Nano would suit me. I want something that hooks up to waterfilter/bong both 4 smooth vapor on throat and to make transition easier for me.

I've only ever used a MFLB and need something in a desktop that does a better job. Here (without actually having tried any) are my pros and cons that I can see with each
PLENTY - PROS - easy to use,very hard hitting,reliable brand,smooth due to cooling coil,less fragile than others
- CONS - less efficient with herb (even with pad) seems to be "all or nothing" with hits used best as manufacture intended (ie not through waterpipe)
SSV - PROS - Versatile with hits and amount of herb,and with using other devices,reliable brand
-CONS - Bigger learning curve,glass bits that can break,long wands that could be cumbersome
LSV - PROS -Easy to hook up to and works well with waterpipes,reliable brand
-CONS - Learning curve,harsher vapor without water
CLOUD PLUS - PROS - Strong and smooth vapor,hydra tube comes with,easy to use
CONS - Unreliable brand with so many breakdown reports,expensive can't get EVO here
Not sure about E-Nano only started looking - but is not in any top 10 vape lists and I've looked at

Would be vaping alone mostly. Would prefer whip-style (i'm pretty sure) Having trouble finding out where to get adapters/attachments for SSV,Plenty,LSV,Nano in Australia. Due to stupid laws the sites (like australian vaporisers) don't sell waterpipes OR attachments.
The WPAs are confusing me and to make it worse I only have a bong with METAL 14 mm stem (agung bonza)and not glass as we are behind here in Aus.

Thanks in advance for any help! Sorry for long post but trying to give all the info I can.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
In your current situation I would lean toward the SSV for the great whip hits and just ram the tubing into your bong for water hits until you get a better glass setup. But also look into the Lotus...it's cheap, effective, butane powered and can work with its own pipe or glass (its pipe adapter is ss 14mm).

ozzietoker

In your current situation I would lean toward the SSV for the great whip hits and just ram the tubing into your bong for water hits until you get a better glass setup. But also look into the Lotus...it's cheap, effective, butane powered and can work with its own pipe or glass (its pipe adapter is ss 14mm).
Thanks 4 the reply. I am considering either the SSV or LSV quite heavily! Hard to choose between them but with either I need to know where I can get WPAs in Australia. Does anyone know? Every retailer of Vapes I contact doesn't have them and can't even point me in the right direction.
I've heard the LSV being favored slightly by many users 4 bong use - why is that - is there much difference other than it looks to be a little more practical for that?

Have you considered the Lotus? It didn't show on my radar when I got my solo and pnp but someone on here recommended it and I've not looked back since
This is portable yeah? I plan on getting a portable vape eventually as well and will look into this one for sure.

WHOOPs sorry i did it again (double post) I should have multi quoted or whatever - I'm not really a big forum user as u can tell - how do I delete a post?

Last edited by a moderator:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Have you considered the Lotus? It didn't show on my radar when I got my solo and pnp but someone on here recommended it and I've not looked back since

SSV or the E-Nano might be good vapes (Probably buying a nano myself sometime this summer), but I was thinking the same thing as cityslang. Many of my friends who still combust daily have tried my Lotus with the 14mm wpa and LOVED how the transition felt moving from combustion to the vaping action of the Lotus. And the thought they could play with the Lotus using their existing glass collection made it even more appealing

The only downside to a Lotus is that it takes a bit of skill to get the hang of it. You will risk combusting a few times while learning how to evenly heat the hotplate without scorching it. I rather enjoy the challenge

The lotus is a solid vape - aside from a nickle plate (Thin metal, can be dented/punctured easily, but its cheap and easy to replace yourself), the entire unit is rock solid - I've dropped mine several times on a concrete patio with force, not a single problem aside from a few chips in the paint (I tell everyone to buy the Natural stained lotus caps, not the painted ones).

The only thing I'm not sure how much I like is how fast the Lotus works! My entire session can last under 4 minutes, where my portable davinci Ascent vape would take 20 minutes to accomplish the same session! I sometimes miss those long drawn out sessions with my Ascent, but then I go pack another load in the Lotus and forget what I was just thinking about :lol:

I'd like to say stop reading and buy the Lotus right now, but you need to figure out what works for you. If you're looking only for low, controlled temperature vaping, the Lotus is probably not the right vape for you.

Another reason I usually give to not buying the lotus is for stealth reasons (Kinda hard to hide in public with a loud hissing cigar torch and holding a pipe to your mouth - doesn't look exactly like you're doing something legal....). Since you're looking for a home vape, this shouldn't be a problem (Yes the Lotus is a portable vape, but only because it uses a butane torch and isn't tethered to an outlet, but I really enjoy using it around my house and in the back yard!).

If you're looking for quick and efficient, and something very reminiscent of combusting with a waterpipe, the lotus is the closest I've found to recreating that sensation.

Good luck in your search, you came to the right website!

Last edited by a moderator:

Herr_Dampf

I got a DBV for my first vape and it was a good choice (DBV = cheap version of the SSV). I never cared for bags and the whip-wand-vape-stir-vape routine was a good substitute to rolling joints as far as manual labor goes.
That said, I barely use mine since I got my EV-2 (Epicvape 2 from the same maker as the E-Nano).

VapeVoice

I hate to sound like a broken record, or add to the confusion, but the Arizer Solo is the perfect 1st vaporizer IMO. It has next to no learning curve, is easy to use and clean, you can not combust with it, and if you are making the transition from smoking you can use it in high and get very throaty (smoke like) hits, And it can be easily paired with glass. I am not familiar with Australian postal services, but if you can get your hands on these you'd be good to go.

Arizer Solo - http://www.planetvape.ca/solo-vaporizer.html

Solo PVHES - http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhes-high-efficiency-stems.html (out of stock at the moment)

Solo PVHES GonG adapter - http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhegong-high-efficiency-gong.html

d020 bubbler - http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/d020-bubbler-hand-blown-glass-vase-perc-water/175832535.html

And if you can get your hands on a Claissen adapter and plug you'll just make it a bit easier IMO.

Herr_Dampf

I hate to sound like a broken record, or add to the confusion, but the Arizer Solo is the perfect 1st vaporizer IMO. It has next to no learning curve, is easy to use and clean, you can not combust with it, and if you are making the transition from smoking you can use it in high and get very throaty (smoke like) hits, And it can be easily paired with glass. I am not familiar with Australian postal services, but if you can get your hands on these you'd be good to go.

Arizer Solo - http://www.planetvape.ca/solo-vaporizer.html

Solo PVHES - http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhes-high-efficiency-stems.html (out of stock at the moment)

Solo PVHES GonG adapter - http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhegong-high-efficiency-gong.html

d020 bubbler - http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/d020-bubbler-hand-blown-glass-vase-perc-water/175832535.html

And if you can get your hands on a Claissen adapter and plug you'll just make it a bit easier IMO.

While I love my Solo and think it's an outstanding unit, I have to say that I am also really happy I didn't got one as my first unit. I think the draw restriction would have killed it for me.
Yes there are a many 'I's in those two sentences, but thats the way vaping is :)

Herr_Dampf,

VapeVoice

While I love my Solo and think it's an outstanding unit, I have to say that I am also really happy I didn't got one as my first unit. I think the draw restriction would have killed it for me.
Yes there are a many 'I's in those two sentences, but thats the way vaping is :)
I have heard the new units have less draw restriction. But, that being said, the Solo M105 was my first vape and is what switched me to vaping. I have had a ton of vaporizers and am now back to using my Solo as my daily driver again. I do use it with a PVHES now (which I recommended for him) but, I think the draw is perfect for new vapers. You have to hit a vaporizer slow and steady, unlike how you'd hit a bowl or joint. A lot of newbies don't know this so they suck hard. The solo forces them to take a slow steady hit, and eventually teaches them that's how its done. I personally never had a problem with the draw and only use the PVHES because it came with another Solo I got in trade.

Last edited:

ozzietoker

I've decided on an SSV for now. When the Cloud has a more reliable product here I will look at that.

So I know I've asked several times but is there ANYWHERE in Aus I can get a WPA or do I have to order from 7th floor OS?

Thanks 4 all your input.

Curiousone

I'm glad you were able to decide. I don't see how this thread helped you much since most people suggested vapes that you weren't interested in:ugh:

Funny how that happens...

Curiousone

That's what happens when you ask people with more experience for help.

Sometimes this is true and necessary (when someone is totally clueless and wants/needs guidance). But sometimes a bit paternalistic...as in "we know what's best for you, better than you".

Personally, I'm capable of narrowing down the best choices for me. Then, I like to get more information from experienced users of those particular units before making a final decision. I thought this was what the OP wanted since I've read his questions in another thread.

I'm just making an observaion -- some us of venture into fanboyism for our particular vape of choice and suggest it even when it may not be what the op is looking for.

Either way, he received the needed help, so FC has done it again. Ultimately it is why I love this forum.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Arizer Extreme Q here and no complaints. I'm still perfecting my technique of getting thick vapour that I can feel roll out of my mouth (that will take some practice and more knowledge) but the flavour is defined and very fresh, and the ease-of-use and appearance is right up my alley.

ubjO6Ds.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom