Please Help an Idiot Decide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ted

Ok maybe I am not an idiot, but if I were a long time FC member and some newb made a "What vaporizer should I get?" thread I would assume they at least at some idiotic tendencies :)

In the spirt of not being an idiot, I will at least provide some criteria.

First off - I currently own a good condition Purple Days vape.

Has been reliable and no complaints per se - but a couple annoyances I have found are:

• Heating time
  • Slight Inconsistency
  • "Bowl" size and upkeep
As a daily indulger I have been wanting to move away form smoking, but I always go back to smoking because of the above annoyances.

I could live with heating time issue since it can stay plugged in - but I find it hits inconsistent. I think this is due to the nature of no adjustable temp.

My bowls also get clogged way to easily and don't clean that well and are too small IMO. Great for conservation of medicine -but that's not my driving force.

Speaking of which, basically I am looking for the vape that best fits the following criteria:

• I want a relatively quick heating time. Better than 45 minutes at least.
  • Big Hitter - consistent hits
  • Bigger bowl than Purple Days
  • Works with my little 14.4 Ehle 250ml bong
  • I don't want to have to mod shit
  • Is relatively convenient - i.e. easy enough to use as my daily driver.
Might also help if I explain my "lifestyle". May be easier to match me to a vape :lol:

• I work from home and that is basically when/where I vape as well. So I have access to electricity all day. I also don't need to hide the vape. So portability and discretion are not high at all on my list.
  • I appreciate a good deal and value. I am not rich. That said - I am willing to pay a lot of money for something that would be my daily driver.
  • Simplicity and size count as well. This think will be on my computer desk all the time - I move around a lot - I can be clumsy. I'd say in 2 years I have had my Purple Days it has hit the carpet 10 times.
  • I don't care about sharing the vape. I do live with my brother so he might want to hit it the odd time - but as for passing it around a party - that will never happen.
I dunno what else to say. I hope by providing a lot of criteria it has reduced the reek of noob on this post ever so slightly.

To sum up - ideally I am looking for a vape that plays well with a bong - can be used everyday - heats up quick - can pack bigger bowls than purple days - and delivers big hits.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
SSV fits all your criteria I don't know if the the glass heat cover could take a bunch of falls to the floor but I would say your pretty unlikely to knock an SSV completely off a desk. I leave mine on all day when it's in use so I have no heat up time. The standard wand I have can take large bowls, it vapes consistently with a stir or two and will deliver bong milking vapor with ease.

:2c:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The HI improves on the log vape experience in all the places you want, but...you have to wait months to get one and then you have to figure out your own power supply, which I found to be a pain. But if you like your PD, this is one of those on steroids with a short heat up time and bigger bowl.

But I gotta agree with puffers. If I were going to use it like you are then I would spring for a SSV or DBV. If the extra hundred doesn't bother you then go for the SSV. Slightly bigger hits can be found out there, but you will not need anything more powerful than this beast.

yeah the lotus is a good choice!

the cloud may be a bit better for switching from smoking to vaping though, as it gives the same instant gratification as smoking does ime (lotus can do this too, but only on high temp)

weedemon

enthusiast
welcome to FC, and with all that info you don't sound like a noob to me.

also consider the LSV as well as the SSV :) I think LSV has the edge over ssv if you want it for you bong specifically. (get the water pipe adapter added in when you buy it!)

b0

Cloudy...
For me, Vapexhale is king of vapes and will recomend it to everyone that enjoy vaping through a bong/bubbler. But if you don't want to spend so much money, go for the LSV.

natural farmer

Now that I think about it again, an e-nano might suit your needs better. Like the Hi, a PD in steroids as far as I have read around here, without the waiting list and on sale. I would also love one at some point... :) The LSV looks too big to my eyes! And it will be more herb hungry for sure. What's wrong with some efficiency if you can combine it with big satisfying hits... I think the nano can give big lung busting, eye watering hits, doesn't it?
And why go for an SSV/DBV? Just to add an extra hose to gunk up and smell bad and need cleaning? You already have a bong to clean... A Cloud is quite expensive on the other hand. If you can go that high why don't spare some more and get a Herbalizer? It seems to be the king of the hi-end vapes right now. Very impressive and simple to use. These are my high thoughts! :p

ted

Thanks to all the great replies! I am still on the fence - but after watching some videos and reading...oh 200 pages of FC threads - I am leaning towards LSV.

I always use my PD through a water pipe - so the LSV with WPA addresses almost all of my concerns.

Thanks again for the helpful responses!

ted,

llamaman001

Get the e-nano brother. Its like a purple days but smaller, adjustable temp, and can milk up huge pieces of glass like no other!

IMG_0316.jpg

lwien

Also, when you say that the Nano can milk huge pieces of glass like no other, I have to take issue with that statement in that there are other vapes that can milk huge pieces of glass as well, eh?

lwien,
Reactions: way2

way2

Also, when you say that the Nano can milk huge pieces of glass like no other, I have to take issue with that statement in that there are other vapes that can milk huge pieces of glass as well, eh?

With the LSV sitting at or close to the top of that list IMO!

way2,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Ted,

Ok maybe I am not an idiot...

Great, now vaporizers... I didn't read the text anyway because i simply think you should ask how fresh-air gets in, what it goes through and where it might eventually come in contact with potential contaminants. Lets add those should be priority #1 topics to cover when searching for a decent cannabic vaporizer, IMHO.

50.gif

Personally i'd also express particular curiousity about failure modes, i mean ALL of them; because if your selection passes this test then the rest should come out relatively fine, depending on your intuition... For example, if it's all plastic and you over-heat it then don't be too surprized if something smells bad, so to speak!

:D

Finally, i guess i'll always favour "obvious" layouts where things are made evident, visually, so you won't even need to ask any questions as suggested above!... Oh, and glass is fine as it shows more features/details but broken glass won't accomplish anything once dropped!!

:peace:

Egzoset,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Why hasn't anyone noticed that the EV-2 is 50% off, Would probably end up being $125-130 depending on how quickly you want it.

I find the Hammer (120) to hit very similar to my Underdog except its not as harsh native, but through glass its also great,

The Firewood (only 90 dollars) is also a good option,

I would suggest you look at the Hammer over the Firewood as it seems to meet most of your prerequisites. But the lotus seems to be the other great butane choice.

paytonpenn,

rayski

I've found that the Nano can withstand quite a few falls to the floor -- just about every time my fat-tailed cat jumps on my lap. Can the LSV take a dropping or two?

rayski,
Reactions: Caligula

way2

Yes...I've dropped my LSV about 3-4 feet (countertop to concrete floor) several times without incident. I may just be lucky and I was surprised the heater cover never cracked but it's fine. The metal outer cover has a couple of dings though. I also keep a spare of all glass parts just in case.

way2,

ted

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I ended up going with the LSV.

Not sure what I was thinking with my first post looking for a direct draw whip style...that's not how I vape at all. I always rock the bong. Always. I can't remember the last time I took a direct draw off my PD.

I considered the EV-2 (and other logs) but wanted to go a different direction this time.

Thanks for the great feedback though guys appreciate it.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Why hasn't anyone noticed that the EV-2 is 50% off, Would probably end up being $125-130 depending on how quickly you want it.

I find the Hammer (120) to hit very similar to my Underdog except its not as harsh native, but through glass its also great,

The Firewood (only 90 dollars) is also a good option,

I would suggest you look at the Hammer over the Firewood as it seems to meet most of your prerequisites. But the lotus seems to be the other great butane choice.

could you tell me where you got the honeycomb ashcatcher? :)

TIA.

vorrange,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom