Please Help - A strange shit is happening to me

fail

I am 32 years old and all my youth was toking limitless quantities, never could have enough. In recent years it appears that my tolerance to weed has gone down, especially the last year. I am toking daily every few hours, but instead of my tolerance going up, it looks like that it is actually going down :o and I am able to tolerate less than before. For the past week I get the feeling that my body wants to stay sober (something that I strongly disagree with) and when I toke, my mind kinda freaks out that I force it out of its sober state. I am able to toke only extremely small amounts, like a tiny pinch of salt. I use only PD

This situation is not acceptable and I won't comply with this.

I wonder if you got any ideas :ninja:

fail,

vapirtoo

Hey Fail, how about listening to your body and take a few hours / days off and play it straight.

Being "sober" after being ripped all the time, can be a high in itself; A new reality ;)

Ya know to much of anything is good for nothing. :2c:

vapirtoo,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Listen to your body, dude.

Take a week off just to prove to yourself you can do it and to feel what it's like not having any of that in your system.

Maybe it's time to quit? It's not the worst thing in the world...

bluntfaced,

fail

I had periods of months whithout any toke. I didn't change anything and the tolerance didn't go up.

Please - address only the tolerance aspect, no need to tell me to quit.

fail,

vapirtoo

O.K. I overstand , hightened sensitivity to the point of unpleasentness.
Have you lost weight or changed your diet or general routine?
Do you think its a bio-chemical or mental unbalance that is causing this.
What are these episodes like, anxiety, weird thoughts, heart palpatations,
when you say, " my mind kinda freaks out ", we need specifics. I think we all
get more sensitive as we age, but most don't find it unpleasent. Your situation
seems very intense.

vapirtoo,

fail

vapirtoo said:
O.K. I overstand , hightened sensitivity to the point of unpleasentness.
Have you lost weight or changed your diet or general routine?
Do you think its a bio-chemical or mental unbalance that is causing this.
What are these episodes like, anxiety, weird thoughts, heart palpatations,
when you say, " my mind kinda freaks out ", we need specifics. I think we all
get more sensitive as we age, but most don't find it unpleasent. Your situation
seems very intense.

Thanks for the sensible reply :)

When overdone, it is anxiety and sometimes heart palpitations. When I say "freaks out" I mean that my mind fights/resists the high instead of enjoying it. I have stomach problems and changed my diet to gluten free about a year ago. Still, even with my gluten free diet I get problems with my stomach. My symptoms come and go and manifest in stomach fasciculations. The fasciculations begin in the stomach and spread to the rest of the body muscle. Again, this comes and goes and looks like that depends on something that I eat, but I can't pinpoint exactly what it is. What I do know is that I keep all the symptoms at bay by eating almost every day a big bundle of dill.

fail,

toxicc

E11001420
If possible, buy a large quantity of an indica strain. Indicas are more of a body high and are less prone to anxiety. Also, only smoking this strain for a while will give you a tolerence to this specific strain after a few days.

toxicc,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i wasn't kidding about aerobics -- you didn't mention if you exercise.

Wikipedia has an interesting article on fasciculations. Dill isn't mentioned as a treatment, but another website (www.livestrong.com) talks about all the good things that dill can do ... i don't know for sure (i'm not an MD or anything and i don't eat dill) but it seems like dill might accentuate the effect of thc.

Hippie Dickie,

Nosferatu

The best thing would be to take a week off. You dont have to quit but your body needs a rest even vaping can be a strain to your body in some ways.

Nosferatu,

Durden

I am Jack's title
If you have a gluten intolerance then you should also look out for milk, I understand casein (milk products) can also be a large problem for many people. In general its listed as being as important to eliminate from the diet as gluten for sensitive individuals, and the 2 sensitivities are oftentimes linked in expression.

It sounds like you need some rest honestly, and in the past you've found at least a little of that from smoking etc. (a small mental vacation and relaxation for your tired/tight organs and muscles?). As your body recovers it takes a lot of extra internal and mental energy, and dealing with being high may not be what some part of your body needs in the immediate term. Try finding some ways to get yourself to sleep or rest naturally by working out, getting up early (if you dont already), or maybe even reducing or eliminating your milk intake.

If that didn't work Id go the opposite direction and force myself to sleep for a long time, then I'd re-evaluate how to proceed.

Be flexible, more often than not your body knows whats best for you better than your conscious mind.

Durden,

Raf007

Retailer
ImHo and to make it short.
you may be missing the point to what s happening to you.
Not sure it's a matter of tolerance here, more a matter of dealing with yourslef and why your mind freaks out.
It s really difficult to help with so little about you and via a forum.
I would advised a nice therapist or some thinking at least but maybe I m totally wrong so and I hope you see no offence in this advice.

Raf007,

vapirtoo

query, are you a vegetarian, no meat means poor b complex reserves which leads to frayed
nerves. Just a thought. :2c: :peace:

vapirtoo,

fail

vapirtoo said:
query, are you a vegetarian, no meat means poor b complex reserves which leads to frayed
nerves. Just a thought. :2c: :peace:

No, I eat beef fillet almost every day.

fail,

fail

Thank you all for your messages :)

I gave a thought to my issue and surprisingly I think that I might found the answer.
I think that I am having this problems because I quit smoking tobacco.
As a teenager (until 21) I was smoking tobacco and was mixing the weed with it also. Ten years ago I quit smoking cigarettes but continued mixing the weed with tobacco. BTW, I have experienced my first panic attack 2 weeks after I stopped smoking the cigarettes.

Now, when I think about it, for the last few years I do not mix the weed with tobacco and smoke it straight. Also I don't smoke any tobacco. I think that I can definitely say that this is what makes the difference. The tobacco was making it easy to handle.

fail,

vapirtoo

Cool, thanks for opening up and sharing,
tobacco addiction is no joke! :(
You beat that; you can beat anything. :brow:

vapirtoo,

luchiano

I htink your nerves are getting weaker which happens when you get older if you aren't keeping them strong. You should do some resistance train along with aerobics like Hippie Dickie stated to keep you nerves strong and have endurance.

Also, I have a theory that people become addicted to tobacco because they have low niacin levels and nicotine helps keep their levels better than they normally are and this is what keeps them smoking even though they know they should slow down or stop. You see nicotine is very similar to niacin a.k.a. Vitamin B3 or nicotinic acid and it's water soluble meaning it isn't stored in the body and you can only get it from certain foods and you have to eat it daily. Your body can make it from tryptophan BUT that is only done when you have iron, b6 and b1 present.

I think when you smoke your body is recognizing the tobacco as a source of niacin but the way you are doing it is making it dangerous to your health(smoking) not the actual tobacco unless you are smoking/vaping low quality brands that have tons of chemicals added to enhance the affects. American spirits is a good brand to buy without all the added nonsense.

I think you should also eat more foods that have a good amount of b3 in them along with foods high in the other vitamins and in a good ratio to keep everything balanced and to lower your rate of taking tobacco. I know for me I don't need that much tobacco and can stop whenever I feel like it and I think my diet is the reason. I have went weeks of puffing and stopped when I didn't feel like it, gave the rest of my pack to someone else and didn't have any withdrawal symptoms. Try it out plus the exercises and it may help you.

EDIT: I forgot to mention you should eat more soluble fiber so you can grow a good amount of friendly bacteria that help make niacin to be used by your body and keep the levels good.

Another thing I just realized, adding a little tobacco with cannabis could be why it keeps me from getting lethargic and keeps the high come down nice. The nicotine is acting as niacin and helping my nerves process the thc and other oils which are attached to the fatty parts of my cells. Remember niacin helps process fats!.

niacin-B3
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=83

luchiano,

fail

luchiano,

Great post! After a short Google I see that there is definitely a close link between nicotine and niacin. I will research this later.
You should definitely read this article about B vitamins > http://www.acu-cell.com/bx.html
This is the best info on B vitamins on the net!

fail,

wolf torn

Interesting article

your post interest me because since I started vaping (idk 2 or 3 months now) I started to vape every 2 or 3 hours

even at work now

my head feels much diffrent now that I have been vaping 24/7. I wonder how I should be supplementing for my brain to stay alive

fish oil, good multivitamin, I take P+B shakes in morning, and my new favorite thing is this green drink powder thats mad expensive but I think helped me better then anything I have ever tried...

I eat mostly vegetation

I think extra sleep is one of the most important things for heavy users

But ya I know what you mean in a way. For the first time ever my brain is telling me to take it easy and be normal. But idk I can't sit through my job anymore, I need to vape...then i come home, and im so fucking burnt out from the work day i have to vape a big session

then i wake up feeling good as long as i sleep a good amount

but the repetition just starts right back up

wolf torn,

luchiano

fail, thanks for the link I will read it.

lowfront, I think you most likely need more protein in your diet as well as fats. This is why I recommend eating a lot of different nuts and seeds daily, meaning a different nut or seed each day. It will help needing to puff all day and make the high better at least to me.

Also, learn how to cook dry beans and season to your taste because you get A LOT of protein as well as fiber which bacteria breakdown in your gut to short chain fatty acids which will help keep certain good fats in your system. Just make sure you soak the beans over night and cook them until they are soft. I like to cook them until they get thick and add some oil and salt & black pepper. This helps make a nice thick gravy that taste just like the beans. I just eat them with some rice and green leafy vegetable. It's CHEAP and good. You can have a different tasting bean for each day. I love them but they are not for your fat that is where the nuts and seeds come in this includes hemp seeds. The beans are more for your carbs.

The nuts/seeds will keep your system going and give consistent sustained energy while the beans will give a sustained quick energy when needed. You will get flatulence in the beginning but after a while your body gets used to it and it isn't bad anymore. In fact you will go to the bathroom more often(everyday) and your gut will be in better health because the fats that the bacteria produce from the soluble fiber are good for your colon and keep yeast and "bad" bacteria low so they won't cause problems in the long run.

Also, you are right about sleep it is VERY important to stay healthy and for your body to regenerate and stay strong. I went through lack of good sleep and problems occured and as time went on I realized it was from lack of good sleep and now I CHERISH sleep even though it is frowned upon. I don't care what people say about me and wanting to have a good sleep because in the future they will see how bad their health will be because of a lack of it.

Anyway hope the information helps.

luchiano,

fail

lowfront,

About your supplementation:
The fish oil, how much do you take? I am a big fan of fish oil and can't live without it. I take 2 grams of Omega 3s every day. Please note that the 2 grams are the net weight of omega 3s. This means that each pill weights 1.5 grams but has only 630 grams of Omega 3s. I take 3 pills of concentrated oil every day to get the 2 grams.
I feel that even if I reduce to 1.2 grams of Omega 3s per day, I feel a setback in the positive effects of the oils.

About the multivitamins, after too much of reading I feel that the negative aspects of taking multivitamins are overweight the positive aspects. I think that taking multivitamins on regular basis for a long time can do you harm.

nice film about vitamins http://documentaryheaven.com/the-truth-about-vitamins/

fail,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Flax oil is a great source of omega 3 and 6. It's got tonnes of it, I've read it's easier for your body to absorb and probably works out to be cheeper than fish oil capsules.

bluntfaced,

fail

bluntfaced,

Flax oil does contain Omega 3 oils, but not the ones that you need.

Omega 3 oils is actually a group of faty acids:
?-Linolenic acid (ALA)
Stearidonic acid (SDA)
Eicosatrienoic acid (ETE)
Eicosatetraenoic acid (ETA)
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
Docosapentaenoic acid (DPA),
Clupanodonic acid 22:5 (n?3)
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
Tetracosapentaenoic acid 24:5 (n?3)
Tetracosahexaenoic acid (Nisinic acid)

Fish oil has the DHA and EPA and it is what you need most. Flax is mostly ALA....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid

fail,

Qbit

cannabanana
I just think you're vaping at too low a temperature, and missing out on the higher temp sedatives. You need to insulate your PD, so wrap it up in something warm or get one of those beer cooler thingies (we in Australia call then stubby holders). Then have a go at your PD when it's extra warm.

If you're really worried about another anxiety attack you could try vaping some trim - or just get a nice indica strain.

Qbit,
Top Bottom