Please compare vapes

little maggie

That's why I stopped using it through water in favor of the Omnivap. Very predictable outcomes, very easy to consistently milk my piece, almost impossible to combust.
I reserve the Lotus mostly for daytime sessions with an @Oregonglassblower j hook and in this configuration is my favorite vape for tasting new strains. Pure, unadulterated convection flavor.

Speaking about the Omnivap: it's an absolute beast through water and it's an amazing piece of kit for traveling/hiking. It's tiny, easy to clean, almost unbreakable, works with any heat source and performs very well with unground nugs so you can leave your grinder at home. It's also more stealth than the Lotus (but the Vapman still wins in this category) and it's the quickest vape of the lot, you can load it, have a session and dump the abv in just a couple of minutes. Depending on how (and where) you heat it you can adjust the temperature and have very tasty hits or very big clouds but I find more difficult to keep the temp low than with the Vapman. Like the Vapman the vapor can be quite harsh given the small size and short air path.
Compared to my friends Ms is lighter and more refined, the Ti tip works slightly better than the SS one and I find the adjustable air flow feature very useful as I like to restrict it a bit when using it through water.
I own the old body and personally I like it way more than the new worked one but that's entirely personal and I'm sure that the function is the same if not better due to the new tip design.

I would love to try a Daisy/Sticky Brick/DLX type vape but at the moment I have no money to invest in another vape and also the competition would be tough with the new Herborizer Ti and the Wood Scent looking very interesting.
The dreamwood vapes are very reasonable and the designs are really interesting. I don't know how shipping is from Germany but surely you could fit one of those in until you have money saved for a woodscent or one of the other expensive vapes.
I've failed to work a few of the butane vapes. The vapman is one of those. I know I'm in the minority or even maybe the only one. I didn't even try the Lotus because of that. But the vapcaps and Daisy/Lily have been simple to use.

Gigsabits53

The dreamwood vapes are very reasonable and the designs are really interesting. I don't know how shipping is from Germany but surely you could fit one of those in until you have money saved for a woodscent or one of the other expensive vapes.
I've failed to work a few of the butane vapes. The vapman is one of those. I know I'm in the minority or even maybe the only one. I didn't even try the Lotus because of that. But the vapcaps and Daisy/Lily have been simple to use.

I actually think the Lotus is the easiest one to use of my butane vapes. I mostly use the wpa and an ashcatcher with a j-hook on the lotus. It's an excellent experience. The taste is incredible. The only thing is you have to not push it too far or combustion can occur. The thing about it though, its really fun to push it and see how big a hit you can get. But if you moderate the heat and take nice smooth draws, the taste will be there.

That's why I stopped using it through water in favor of the Omnivap. Very predictable outcomes, very easy to consistently milk my piece, almost impossible to combust.
I reserve the Lotus mostly for daytime sessions with an @Oregonglassblower j hook and in this configuration is my favorite vape for tasting new strains. Pure, unadulterated convection flavor.

Speaking about the Omnivap: it's an absolute beast through water and it's an amazing piece of kit for traveling/hiking. It's tiny, easy to clean, almost unbreakable, works with any heat source and performs very well with unground nugs so you can leave your grinder at home. It's also more stealth than the Lotus (but the Vapman still wins in this category) and it's the quickest vape of the lot, you can load it, have a session and dump the abv in just a couple of minutes. Depending on how (and where) you heat it you can adjust the temperature and have very tasty hits or very big clouds but I find more difficult to keep the temp low than with the Vapman. Like the Vapman the vapor can be quite harsh given the small size and short air path.
Compared to my friends Ms is lighter and more refined, the Ti tip works slightly better than the SS one and I find the adjustable air flow feature very useful as I like to restrict it a bit when using it through water.
I own the old body and personally I like it way more than the new worked one but that's entirely personal and I'm sure that the function is the same if not better due to the new tip design.

I would love to try a Daisy/Sticky Brick/DLX type vape but at the moment I have no money to invest in another vape and also the competition would be tough with the new Herborizer Ti and the Wood Scent looking very interesting.

I have been using my Vapcap M more often recently. I need some more practice with it but so far I love it! I know I will love an Omni and do plan to purchase one when I have the funds. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the M. I can get great flavor from it but I dont get the same consistency yet. For me, these butane vapes take some time to learn. I have the Lotus down pretty good when I'm not being stupid trying to break a cloud record or something. I just need some more practice with the M and it will come to me.

If I have learned nothing else in this life, the patience is a virtue line still holds true.

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator:

little maggie

While I'm waiting for a comparison of the DLX and other butane vapes I'd like to hear how the lithe compares to other butane ones as well. I've never heard of it before and probably won't buy another butane- other than a DLX but I'm curious.

I have one of the original omni's and rarely use it but I know the new ones are very different. I mainly use one of the ti vapcaps with a long thin stem made by pp here. And I use the same stem with the woodscent for cooling.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I don't know how shipping is from Germany but surely you could fit one of those in until you have money saved for a woodscent or one of the other expensive vapes.

Shipping is not going to be expensive as I live in the EU.
My main concern is that I can't really see it entering my regular rotation while one of the other two vapes I mentioned will probably become my main at home unit.

I've failed to work a few of the butane vapes. The vapman is one of those. I know I'm in the minority or even maybe the only one.

That sounds really strange toi me, I find the Vapman to be the easiest butane vape to master. Just heat in slow bursts and draw until it starts making vapor than try to keep the bowl at the same temp. If you take another quick hit just heat for a couple of seconds, if you wait more heat it more. I never really counted seconds with my Vapman and after a while it just becomes second nature.
But I know that we are all different so there will be someone around wondering how I can be so stupid to keep combusting in my Lotus as to him it seems the easiest vape around.

I can get great flavor from it but I dont get the same consistency yet.

In my Omni I find that among the things that affect consistency the most most there's how fine you grind and how tight you pack. Try using unground nugs pieces, it works very well especially dry.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
@little maggie I finally have both the DLX Pro and DLX One, I'll do some side-by-side soon and see which I like better. My DLX One gives off more of a wood taste than my Pro, it's made out of "karellian grain birch" though. It might take longer for that to go away. I like the wooden bowl on the Pro more so far. I have trouble with getting the screen to stay still in the glass on the One, but I need to mess with the shape more and see if I can get a better fit.

I took a side-by-side pick, it's easier to see the difference that way:
IMG_20170715_081944.jpg

little maggie

Which is the pro and which the one? It looks like 18mm stems. Is that accurate? And when you're ready, could you also add the lily and brick to the comparison?

@little maggie I finally have both the DLX Pro and DLX One, I'll do some side-by-side soon and see which I like better. My DLX One gives off more of a wood taste than my Pro, it's made out of "karellian grain birch" though. It might take longer for that to go away. I like the wooden bowl on the Pro more so far. I have trouble with getting the screen to stay still in the glass on the One, but I need to mess with the shape more and see if I can get a better fit.

I took a side-by-side pick, it's easier to see the difference that way:
IMG_20170715_081944.jpg

little maggie,
Reactions: The Beagle

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Which is the pro and which the one? It looks like 18mm stems. Is that accurate? And when you're ready, could you also add the lily and brick to the comparison?
DLX Pro on the left, DLX One on the right. I'm 100% sure the DLX One is 14mm, it comes with a 14mm to 18mm glass adapter. I'm 95% sure the DLX Pro is also 14mm.

Ooooh, staying objective while comparing to the lily/brick/daisy will be tough. I love those, they're in my "bury me with them" category.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I finally have both the DLX Pro and DLX One, I'll do some side-by-side soon and see which I like better.

Very interested in this, let us know!
Do you have any experience with the Lotus? I'm also interested in a comparison among it and the triihouse/bricks style vapes as they are all torch powered convection units.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Very interested in this, let us know!
Do you have any experience with the Lotus? I'm also interested in a comparison among it and the triihouse/bricks style vapes as they are all torch powered convection units.
Unfortunately I haven't used a lotus, I've always wanted to though. I'm a little embarrassed to say I actually had no idea it was convection until now. I thought it used the plate more like the vapman for conduction. Damn it, I was already tempted to get one before...

ZC

Vapcap, Lotus, Vaporgenie, and Okin are my butane vapes and they are all so very different. Even though they're all on-demand butane convection vapes.

Vapcap feels more of an instant conduction vape, but hits super hard and super smooth. But it's also weird to not heat the things WHILE hitting it, so you have no direct feedback for heating as you take a hit, you just have timing from cap clicks. The bright side of that is that it's extremely consistent.

Vaporgenie is the hardest to use by far, and was actually my first vape. Hits hard but needs to be tamed. Gives very good feedback for its manual control. Not one I'd recommend to most though to be honest.

Lotus is one of my favorites. "instant" convection and KILLER flavor. Honestly the best tasting vape I've ever used. Very nice design and unlike the genie your flame isn't going directly into the air intake.

The Okin on the other hand is a hand-crafted, beautiful piece of art. It has a whole ritual to it and lighting it is kind of an art in itself. It's honestly a little harsher than the others but the effects are there and the taste is great, and it's jut great it admire what a beautiful piece of craftsmanship it is.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
For some reason I was thinking I'd need to hit the DLX Pro (woody) wooden bowl harder than the DLX One (glassy) glass bowl but it seems like it's the opposite. Maybe in the glassy it's farther away or the glass soaks up more heat. I got some nice light brown abv with my technique I was using in the glassy, then immediately switched over to using the woody and charred some on my first hit using the same flame/technique. I'm going to do some more tonight and go easier with the woody than I do with the glassy.

I feel like calling them woody and glassy makes it easier to follow?

I was going to use them a lot more last weekend but I got some solventless hash oil and ended up using that a lot. I'd never seen it before and really wanted to try it.

(I posted this in the deamwood dobby thread too.)

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Yo @StormyPinkness, guess what I want a comparison between? :) I would love to know why you prefer the GS to the FP Showerhead (do you have a showerhead or just the OGFP? I cant recall) when/if you get a chance. No rush :)

EmDeemo,
Reactions: Alexis

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Yo @StormyPinkness, guess what I want a comparison between? :) I would love to know why you prefer the GS to the FP Showerhead (do you have a showerhead or just the OGFP? I cant recall) when/if you get a chance. No rush :)
I have the OGFP, not the showerhead or wrap around. Taste and extraction for both are amazing. I think the glass symphony edges out the flower pot in taste, but again they're both absolutely amazing and that's just my own personal opinion. It's also not really why I like the glass symphony more.

The biggest reason I prefer the glass symphony is the bowl. I love watching my flower vape in the bigger stadium bowl. The way it shrinks and changes colors then suddenly balloons out again is just hypnotic to me. Or before doing that putting some concentrate on a nug and watching it melt in, very satisfying. The visual of the vape has become such a huge part of it for me, so much so I've bought a couple different adapters/bubblers to try and get that bowl in a better position to stare at. The gif on the first post has a great closeup:
l44Qu1ccyy2S0bju8.gif

My cell phone is garbage at taking close up video so my videos/gifs of it aren't the best. This is oil soaked then hand crushed so it doesn't vape in 1 hit.
giphy.gif

After hand crushing:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

After hand crushing:
giphy.gif

I also really like that the symphony is all glass as well. I wouldn't say the flower pot being metal bothers me or anything, but my preference is definitely glass.

I should say I'd probably be more into the flower pot if I was able to get double deckers going the way most users seem to be able to. To get it doing concentrates I always need the temp too high for flower and the taste is off. I asked for advice and messed with it for awhile but never got it working the way I wanted so I gave up on it and just used it for flower.

Let me finish by saying again they're both absolutely amazing, you win picking either one.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I have the OGFP, not the showerhead or wrap around. Taste and extraction for both are amazing. I think the glass symphony edges out the flower pot in taste, but again they're both absolutely amazing and that's just my own personal opinion. It's also not really why I like the glass symphony more.

The biggest reason I prefer the glass symphony is the bowl. I love watching my flower vape in the bigger stadium bowl. The way it shrinks and changes colors then suddenly balloons out again is just hypnotic to me. Or before doing that putting some concentrate on a nug and watching it melt in, very satisfying. The visual of the vape has become such a huge part of it for me, so much so I've bought a couple different adapters/bubblers to try and get that bowl in a better position to stare at. The gif on the first post has a great closeup:
l44Qu1ccyy2S0bju8.gif

My cell phone is garbage at taking close up video so my videos/gifs of it aren't the best. This is oil soaked then hand crushed so it doesn't vape in 1 hit.
giphy.gif

After hand crushing:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

After hand crushing:
giphy.gif

I also really like that the symphony is all glass as well. I wouldn't say the flower pot being metal bothers me or anything, but my preference is definitely glass.

I should say I'd probably be more into the flower pot if I was able to get double deckers going the way most users seem to be able to. To get it doing concentrates I always need the temp too high for flower and the taste is off. I asked for advice and messed with it for awhile but never got it working the way I wanted so I gave up on it and just used it for flower.

Let me finish by saying again they're both absolutely amazing, you win picking either one.

Thanks. Really appreciated.

Its those gifs that had me intrigued and asking, also its those gifs that make me want a glass flowerpot bowl :) That first one is mesmerizing.

Thanks for sharing your reasons for your personal preference, exactly what I was looking for :)

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I have vapes that are hybrids of convection and conduction. My Mighty, Herbalizer, and Vapcaps more than satisfy my needs but in very different ways.

The Herbalizer was my first vape and is my precision extractor. The design of the vape allows for very specific heat settings that lets me dial in what effects I want. No other vape I’ve seen has such fine control over the temperature. Because of this fine control it can hold the material at the edge of combustion so as to extract everything possible. I often take ABV from my Vapcap and Mighty and run in through my Herbalizer to finish.

My Mighty is a powerhouse of a vape in the palm of my hand. I love to use it when I want to walk and vape around my yard. My Vapcaps are a bit too challenging to use on the move. I much prefer to load up, power on, and wait for the buzz in my pocket. There’s no concentration required to run the vape, just set and forget which I love. It may not produce vapour quite as quickly as my Herbalizer or as thick of a cloud as my Vapcaps but it makes the process of vaping on the go simple.

Finally my Vapcaps, which I use day in and day out for most of my vaping. The ability of this tiny vape to produce thick clouds of vapour rivals that of a nail. None of my other vapes can reproduce the density and taste of Ti Vapcaps. The downside of the vape is the need for a lighter and the concentration required during heating. It is not as easy to use as my herbie or my Mighty whilst doing other things but more than makes up for it in performance.

Top Bottom