Please allow 2 letter search terms

BalzaSteel

Hi All:

I'm currently shopping for an oil vape, I'd like to search the forums here for threads that discuss oil vapes but can't because search terms less than 4 letters aren't allowed, kinda silly on a forum where stoned people are going to be searching terms like "oil" "wax" and "pen" don't ya think?

BalzOut

BalzaSteel,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
try using google to search this site, then you can use shorter words, for example:

entering 'oil site:fuckcombustion.com' on google will search the fuckcombustion site for the word oil

don't use the ' ' i just did for the example...

good luck

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm afraid it's probably more a question of whether or not our software allows us to set those parameters in the search function. My guess is probably not. :2c:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I would love at least 3. I know that tags like IMG (even "[img" doesn't work, still counts as 3) as well as and most FC abbs aren't really that common to make the search function go "fuck you, it'd be too much results for me to handle". In fact, most searches I have tried vainly were for 3-lettered abbs that I knew would yield just few results I was searching for. I hope it is possible to change this as FC is a forum full of abs and tags to search for.
Google may help with this if one is desperate enough. It would still better be available here.

Seek,
Reactions: Kief

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mom is right, it's a limitation of the software, and an infuriating one although I understand the technical reasoning behind it. I don't expect that to change, so the only solution is to use a site-specific Google search, e.g.:

ABV site:fuckcombustion.com​

pakalolo,
Top Bottom