PlanetVape.ca - Canada's Destination for the Best Vapes on the Planet

Tamataz

Icelander
Got my PVHES turbo stem. I was a little disappointed, i thought (from looking at pictures) that there were micro slits going vertically along the bowl. But there is not, just cuts on the edge like TNT's wood stems. This could be done (very carefully) to the stock stems that you get with the solo :p

Its okay tho, now i have a 2nd glass stem (bendy broke). Plus a nice container to store and wash them in. I love how they send Doritos with the package, they know their costumers too well :D It also acts as a good cushioning packing material :p

Tamataz,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Can you post a pic Tamataz? That sounds strange to me, I have seen the latest PVHES stems, I thought they had the channels running down them too...

jambandphan03,

Tamataz

Icelander
Can you post a pic Tamataz? That sounds strange to me, I have seen the latest PVHES stems, I thought they had the channels running down them too...

Certainly. There are only notches at the end, i thought there would be channel where you can see there is a slight cut going vertically up the glass. But it doesn't go through. Did i get a defective one?

mtZh0.jpg

IlAi3.jpg

EDIT: I get it now, the channels are to draw fresh air from the outside top of the solo, through the channels on the outside of the stem to the bottom of the bowl and then going inside where the herb lies.

dormouse

I'm really enjoying the PVHES, and I've found the slightly smaller bowl is not a problem. The smaller bowl is perfect for one session with a more efficient stem. I've noticed one other difference: There's seems to be a lot of residue in the stem after one or two bowls, which I guess is a good thing, since the stem is High Efficiency. The vapor gets filtered through water anyway, so it's all good.

dormouse

Sorry, but why is there no edit button, even though I'm logged in? Or am I just confused?

Edit: And then it magically appeared. :)

dormouse,
I'm really enjoying the PVHES, and I've found the slightly smaller bowl is not a problem. The smaller bowl is perfect for one session with a more efficient stem. I've noticed one other difference: There's seems to be a lot of residue in the stem after one or two bowls, which I guess is a good thing, since the stem is High Efficiency. The vapor gets filtered through water anyway, so it's all good.

Do you have the shorty stem? I've found the bowls to be more-or-less the same size with the regular PVHES.

Also, you might consider picking up finer screens. I complained a few pages back that the screens PV uses aren't fine enough. After a few hits through my bong, the water has almost as much particulate in it as when I combust.

kingofnull,

dormouse

Do you have the shorty stem? I've found the bowls to be more-or-less the same size with the regular PVHES.

Also, you might consider picking up finer screens. I complained a few pages back that the screens PV uses aren't fine enough. After a few hits through my bong, the water has almost as much particulate in it as when I combust.
It's not a shorty I believe, at least it shouldn't be. It's probably only a bit smaller since the stem is hand made, and due to the face cuts. I don't use metal screens, the stem works fine without them. And there's no visible particulate in my bong. :)

dormouse,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Thanks everyone who received their orders and took the time to give a quick review. We are always interested in the different ways and techniques in which our products are used.

sweet. am rockin' a ECTWA on the ez valve chamber for now. am very interested in the design and price. been lookin' at the illadelph adapter 'til i saw ur post.
Hi Bob,
Volcano adapters are almost out of production, they are not our original idea, but work very well and completely made in North America.

but otherwise I'm excited for this piece. Is it going to be GonG to connect to a water pipe - since you mentioned it's not a 'proper' water tool replacement.
No it is going to be a stem with a diffuser that you can add water to. That way you can have a little bit of water diffusion on the go. At least that is what I got out of it?
VapeNStone is correct, the PVH2O is a custom stem, not based on an Arizer stem, but built to be used as a mini diffuser just a little wider than a stock stem and about as long. No gong on the PVH2O, it is designed to give some hydration to your vapor while keeping the size as small as possible.

I've noticed the bowl on the PVHES I received is a bit smaller than on the stem that came with the Solo. The original can take about 0,15g, while the PHEVS seems to take about 0,11g. Since they are all stock Arizer stems, I guess each one is different? Or did I receive a shorty instead? I do prefer the slightly larger bowl, it's just exactly perfect.
Hi dormouse,
The shortys are 3mm shorter in the bowl area, the small variance you see between the two Arizer stems is just a result of mass produced by hand stems from Arizer. All the Arizer stems vary slightly in thickness, bowl size, overall length and outside diameter.

I wish PV would use finer screens in their PVHES. I get more flower debris on the PVHES than any stem with my screens installed.

I also wish PV would include screens on the PV GonG. Doesn't make sense that they don't.
Hi kingofnull,
As of this week, all PVHES and Solo GonG Adapters will come with our standard custom Solo screens installed, thanks for letting us know, we agree that the Solo GonG Adapters should include screens as well, great suggestion.
If you are getting a lot of debris, it is either from grinding very fine or percussion hitting. Good news is we do have finer screens custom made for an exact fit in the stems, they are not domeable. After months of testing and testing, we discovered that everyone who tested the screens had different preferences on the micron rating they liked best. So instead of just making one micron rating screen, we are making 5 different fine screen porosity levels:
Fine
X Fine
XX Fine
XXX Fine
Ultrafine

They will be sold in packs of 5 screens which you can mix and match so you can get all 5 of one type or one of each type etc. your choice. They are all medical grade 304 SS, made in USA. Available Soon.

More goodies from PlanetVape!

Great quality for the price, and PV is the only online store in Canada I know of that carries such a wide selection of adapters. Beats the hell out of waiting weeks ordering from California for us Northerners, and even if you're from California it still might be cheaper to order from PV when you consider that the Y adapter alone costs $20 less than at ALT.

The PlanetVape branded 45 degree adapter is great. Joints are perfectly ground and the male edge is nicely beveled.

10s5d.jpg
Thanks vtac,
We are trying to have every kind of glass adapter available that could be needed. Our own PV branded adapters are high quality, checked with a polariscope after annealing to ensure solid, stress free construction. All PV branded glass is entirely made in North America, thanks for noticing the fine details of the quality.

Certainly. There are only notches at the end, i thought there would be channel where you can see there is a slight cut going vertically up the glass. But it doesn't go through. Did i get a defective one?

EDIT: I get it now, the channels are to draw fresh air from the outside top of the solo, through the channels on the outside of the stem to the bottom of the bowl and then going inside where the herb lies.
Hi Tamataz,
You don't want the vertical cuts going through the side wall, what you have pictured is perfect and your edited description is right on.

PlanetVape Announces:
solo_hq.png
You can read more on our blog http://www.planetvape.blogspot.ca
Includes Fast, Free Air Shipping in Canada and USA with International rates very low.​
Due to the popularity of the Solo at this price for the newest model revision and your choice of color, we are temporarily sold out until early next week.​
Let us know you are an FC member when ordering in the comments to seller box and we will include an Authentic, highly praised, awesome Storz and Bickel Volcano Grinder and a 5 pack of our custom Solo screens with your new Solo.​
We really Love the Solo and hope that more people can afford to own one at this special price.​
Peace and Love,​
PV​

Ontariovapes

That is fabulous PV. I'm so glad to see a Canadian company out price the US dealers in a Canadian product. I so hate to cross border shop, and thanks to you I dont have to. The PV glass s outstanding BTW, and I have just about every piece you make. Now you need to get the stealth adapters in stock after o long being I obtainable, and I wait with bated breath fir the custom bubbler. Soon please!

snip

Peace and Love,
PV

PlanetVape, good news that all GonG stems will come with screens now. I think they always should have. Nice job on offering different grades. Sadly it's not cost effective to buy screens from you.

I'm definitely excited for PVH20. Please consider making the inhale end GonG. I know that'll drive your costs up a bit, but I thinks its a great idea - especially for those of us who use smaller sized glass. And tbh, I prefer the feel of the GonG adapters on my lips to the stock stems.

And nice job on the price drop. Would've bought mine from you had you offered this price when I requested it :D. Could've saved me some shipping on all my accessories too.

edit: +1 for getting the stealth adapter in stock again!

kingofnull,

Ontariovapes

PlanetVape, good news that all GonG stems will come with screens now. I think they always should have. Nice job on offering different grades. Sadly it's not cost effective to buy screens from you.

I'm definitely excited for PVH20. Please consider making the inhale end GonG. I know that'll drive your costs up a bit, but I thinks its a great idea - especially for those of us who use smaller sized glass. And tbh, I prefer the feel of the GonG adapters on my lips to the stock stems.

And nice job on the price drop. Would've bought mine from you had you offered this price when I requested it :D. Could've saved me some shipping on all my accessories too.

I just checked snd the stealth adapter is not yet in stock.

I just checked snd the stealth adapter is not yet in stock.

I figured it wasn't, I just checked yesterday :lol:. I'm also signed up to be notified. If you haven't already, it's worth giving your e-mail for that. PV notified me instantly when the power adapter became available again.

kingofnull,
They won't be making an already water cooled piece with a gong. That would just be a waste of money sorry.

VapeNStone,
They won't be making an already water cooled piece with a gong. That would just be a waste of money sorry.

VapeNStone, thank you for your input. Sadly in this case it's really quite worthless, considering we are talking about a product still in development that no one outside PV has even seen.

Planet Vape has had a history of not only being open to suggestions from community members, but also taking and implementing them. All I wanted to do was give them a suggestion that may be beneficial for other community members as well.

I'd love to know why it's a 'waste of money'.

kingofnull,

musicisevil

Loving the community input on your products PV! Thanks for inventing the HES, I wouldn't use my solo half as often without them. Anxiously awaiting preliminary pics of that PVH20! Posted this in the solo tread, thought I'd share here as well:
1 broken PVHES
4A9ED67F-39B5-4945-8575-26DC5CA82889-743-00000052101BBAF2.jpg

+time+patience+proper tools*
37087256-78FB-403F-B245-AFF1DB7574A7-743-000000508D455A3F.jpg

=1 DIY HEGonG
15FD27BB-114C-4CCC-981C-65F3207892BD-743-0000005099B77157.jpg

Ugly but effective. 30min with some crokus cloth after this pic, rendered the GonG silky smooth and air tight. *Dremel with diamond tips not pictured
I have also successfully turned my stock stems into non-HE turbos. Anyone feeling adventurous should definitely give it a go, just be sure to leave a shelf for the screen to rest on

VapeNStone, thank you for your input. Sadly in this case it's really quite worthless, considering we are talking about a product still in development that no one outside PV has even seen.

Planet Vape has had a history of not only being open to suggestions from community members, but also taking and implementing them. All I wanted to do was give them a suggestion that may be beneficial for other community members as well.

I'd love to know why it's a 'waste of money'.
Its a waste of money because the only reason they would put a gong on the end of the stem is to connect it to a water pipe. Since this will be able to have water added that would be added cost that is pointless IMHO. Just because you like it on your lips better then the end of a normal stem won't be enough to have them justify the cost, once again IMHO. Your the only person that I have heard say that they like the gong for that reason anyways(and maybe Vito). IMHO that isn't enough people to even think about doing it.

VapeNStone,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer

Hi kingofnull,
Putting a GonG on the PVH2O might confuse people who see it and will think it is meant to be used like our Solo GonG adapters and be able to plug into a watertool. The PVH2O won't hold water if it is inverted and won't function as intended in that capacity. Cost would also increase due to the joint and labor to attach it. We do have customers who buy the Solo GonG adapters and use them dry like a mini stem because they like the GonG as a mouthpiece and the smaller overall size.

We are giving the Stealth Adapters the PVHES treatment, so they will be back even better than before.

PlanetVape has had a history of not only being open to suggestions from community members, but also taking and implementing them.
Thanks, we do take all suggestions into consideration and implement as many as possible, not just from FC, but we get a lot via email and from our contact us page as well.

Loving the community input on your products PV! Thanks for inventing the HES, I wouldn't use my solo half as often without them. Anxiously awaiting preliminary pics of that PVH20! Posted this in the solo tread, thought I'd share here as well:
1 broken PVHES
4A9ED67F-39B5-4945-8575-26DC5CA82889-743-00000052101BBAF2.jpg

+time+patience+proper tools*
37087256-78FB-403F-B245-AFF1DB7574A7-743-000000508D455A3F.jpg

=1 DIY HEGonG
15FD27BB-114C-4CCC-981C-65F3207892BD-743-0000005099B77157.jpg

Ugly but effective. 30min with some crokus cloth after this pic, rendered the GonG silky smooth and air tight. *Dremel with diamond tips not pictured
I have also successfully turned my stock stems into non-HE turbos. Anyone feeling adventurous should definitely give it a go, just be sure to leave a shelf for the screen to rest on

Nice job actually, that GonG joint is hard to attach that close without destroying it, nice way to re commission an otherwise broken stem. Thanks for sharing.

PV

Hi kingofnull,
Putting a GonG on the PVH2O might confuse people who see it and will think it is meant to be used like our Solo GonG adapters and be able to plug into a watertool. The PVH2O won't hold water if it is inverted and won't function as intended in that capacity. Cost would also increase due to the joint and labor to attach it. We do have customers who buy the Solo GonG adapters and use them dry like a mini stem because they like the GonG as a mouthpiece and the smaller overall size.

We are giving the Stealth Adapters the PVHES treatment, so they will be back even better than before.

PV

Thanks PV, I didn't think about operating consequences if the device was upturned.

I'm not at all surprised that others like the GonG as the mouthpiece, numerous folks on the forums and on IRC have mentioned it.

Looking forward to the next iteration of the stealth stem!

kingofnull,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Somehow this thread fell off my list, and I missed seeing a number of posts.
I noticed the point made about the GonG stems, and the feel against the lips.
I do prefer the feel of the frosted glass, as it does not gather 3 dimensional lip/spit prints that feel gross when used.
Also the GonG stems are thicker, and shorter, and give great hits.
The MMJ community here in my area seems to agree.
I have helped 2 dozen locals get Solos, and have had them all upgrade with PlanetVape stems.
All but a couple of these patients, after trying my GonG Solo stems just had to order one, for regular use... not even for use with water devices!

PlanetVape Announces:
solo_hq.png
Way to go, PV!

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Does the gong stem have the slits like the pvhes to make the draw easier?

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
what they have in stock right now, does not have the extra slits, it is simply a stock stem w/ a gong end on it. The PVHES gong stems have not yet been released, hoping soon.

jambandphan03,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I will wait since I will get that one for the vaporlung. I have my wish list and it keeps getting bigger. I will get another regular pvhes turbo as well.

jam I will hit you up when the time comes to make sure I am getting the right stuff if you don't mind.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Comment....
When I got my Santa Cruz Shredder from PlanetVape, I was suspicious of change... then it grew on me immediately.
I wish to say that at this point the Shredder has moved to number 1 position in my grinder lineup!
Thanks PV~
Thanks! I appreciate the opinion as I've been looking at these and considering ...

Top Bottom