PlanetVape.ca - Canada's Destination for the Best Vapes on the Planet

The size seems to vary. My straight PVHES is very snug, hardly moves at all. The bent PVHES won't fall out if the Solo is inverted, but it does spin. My 18 GonG is the snuggest of them all, while the 14 will pop right out if I turn the unit upside down. FWIW.

kingofnull,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
As far as im aware all pvhes sacrifice a stock arizer solo stem?

I believe that is correct. They start with a stock stem and tweak it. Perhaps some of these got too hot/cooled too quickly or whatever and the outside diameter was reduced slightly? I know nothing about glass blowing so this is a total guess. I do know that my stock stem is tight, and my PVHES rattles around in a cold Solo. So far, with only one other person reporting the same, it may be a fluke.

happyTrails,

dsal1

I believe that is correct. They start with a stock stem and tweak it. Perhaps some of these got too hot/cooled too quickly or whatever and the outside diameter was reduced slightly? I know nothing about glass blowing so this is a total guess. I do know that my stock stem is tight, and my PVHES rattles around in a cold Solo. So far, with only one other person reporting the same, it may be a fluke.
I dont think it is a fluke, I bought 4 stems and all are the same, very loose.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I got a straight PVHES from the limited release of only straight ones about 2 releases ago (July I believe) it fit super tight but airflow was only slightly better. Got a PVHES straight shorty from the release before the most recent one and it was sooo loose i put in a claim to return it however never got around to shipping to canada. It has great airflow, but The thing is so loose most of the time it doesnt even make contact with the rubbery/plastic ring most of the time even when the unit is not hot, unless I push the ring down alot before i stick it in. I can stick it in an un heated unit and flip it over and it falls right out. Also the screen doesnt fit and also has a problem with falling out

Very dissapointed in PV, was going to mail it back and have them pick out a wider one from this batch but it doesnt seem like they corrected the problem so Im glad i didnt waste my time

Mynameismud,

tharealmclovin

Got my solo today. How many stems come with the solo normally??? I got 1 straight and 2 bent along with the bent turbo and 18mm G-on-G I bought.

06D30E85-F1F9-4245-8768-D4326F2420AE-13090-000007A67C3B1E83.jpg
F014197A-DC5A-4E17-9C0F-AF3E67E8512C-13090-000007A3887F9C2D.jpg

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Thanks everyone for your orders and support. We really appreciate all the responses here and through our email / contact us / live chat etc. If we ever miss someones question, please re post or contact us through email for fastest response.

We have the HMK's also located under the section glass>hmk now to make them easier to find, thanks for all the suggestions.
http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-accessories/glass/hmk.html

yes on the hmk links and when will these volcano easy valve adapters be in stock?
Hi Bob,
We might have them already this week coming with hopefully some nice clear photos so you can really see the beauty of how they are made.

I love my PVHES. It made me fall in love with my Solo all over again. But my Solo really wants some portable water filtration. Any news/progress on the F-bomb or the PVH20? The PVH20 is what really interests me. I'm imaginging a hybrid between a PVHES and a vaporfection aquavape (so it won't spill in your pocket). If you can make that, it would perfect the Solo in my opinion.
Hi Cannabinaut,
The PVH2O is just a little wider than a stock stem and about as long with a diffuser built in, not meant to replace a proper water tool, but very simple one piece design, take it on the go. It is way smaller than an Aquavape. It does not need to be spill proof, you just add a bit of water from a water bottle, tap, water cooler, fridge dispenser etc. and either dump it or drink it after your session, no need to carry it around full of water.

There is some question about the latest release of the Inhalater being listed as "all black" but having the silver sticker, some folks seem to be confused. Is the new INH all black UNDER the sticker, or are there actually all black units (sticker included) being made now?
Hi jambandphan03,
The newer INH is all black under the sticker, including the cap and temp dial. The previous version would still be silver at the cap and dial even if you pull all the stickers off.

older version
MsmSi.png

newer version
TsNbi.png

connected to our Inhalater GonG watertool adapter
iJYOH.png

As far as im aware all pvhes sacrifice a stock arizer solo stem?
Yes Kommyknocker, that is correct.

The size seems to vary. My straight PVHES is very snug, hardly moves at all. The bent PVHES won't fall out if the Solo is inverted, but it does spin. My 18 GonG is the snuggest of them all, while the 14 will pop right out if I turn the unit upside down. FWIW.
I dont think it is a fluke, I bought 4 stems and all are the same, very loose.
We are modifying a stock Arizer stem, which are all hand made glass subject to small tolerance differences. We don't change anything to do with the diameter of the bowl, so if it was a loose fitting or tight fitting stem originally, it will be just as loose or tight after it receives the PVHES treatment. If multiple stems are all loose, your Solo might be pre model m107 before Arizer made changes to the inside ring to snug up the stems more. The idea of glass shrinking from being heated is interesting, we will ask our glass producer if that is possible or not. We will also take caliper measurements of some control stems before and after to see if they lose any size in diameter. We doubt that theory though because we have about an equal number of reported stems that are also too tight.

Got my solo today. How many stems come with the solo normally??? I got 1 straight and 2 bent along with the bent turbo and 18mm G-on-G I bought.
Hi tharealmclovin,
Nice to see another solo in play, thanks for sharing the pictures. Solo's normally include one straight and one bent stem. We include extra goodies with every Solo which why you received extra gear.

Peace and Love,
PV

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Hi Bob,
We might have them already this week coming with hopefully some nice clear photos so you can really see the beauty of how they are made.
PV

sweet. am rockin' a ECTWA on the ez valve chamber for now. am very interested in the design and price. been lookin' at the illadelph adapter 'til i saw ur post.

Bob Loblaw,
Hi Cannabinaut,
The PVH2O is just a little wider than a stock stem and about as long with a diffuser built in, not meant to replace a proper water tool, but very simple one piece design, take it on the go. It is way smaller than an Aquavape. It does not need to be spill proof, you just add a bit of water from a water bottle, tap, water cooler, fridge dispenser etc. and either dump it or drink it after your session, no need to carry it around full of water.

PV

:puke:

but otherwise I'm excited for this piece. Is it going to be GonG to connect to a water pipe - since you mentioned it's not a 'proper' water tool replacement.

kingofnull,
:puke:

but otherwise I'm excited for this piece. Is it going to be GonG to connect to a water pipe - since you mentioned it's not a 'proper' water tool replacement.
No it is going to be a stem with a diffuser that you can add water to. That way you can have a little bit of water diffusion on the go. At least that is what I got out of it?

VapeNStone,

dormouse

Thank you, PlanetVape! The PVHES made it to Norway. The bag of Doritos was a nice touch. :)

I also appreciate the discrete shipping and the informative e-mail. Looking forward to buying from you again.

dormouse,
Reactions: Tamataz

dormouse

I've noticed the bowl on the PVHES I received is a bit smaller than on the stem that came with the Solo. The original can take about 0,15g, while the PHEVS seems to take about 0,11g. Since they are all stock Arizer stems, I guess each one is different? Or did I receive a shorty instead? I do prefer the slightly larger bowl, it's just exactly perfect.

Edit: I guess the face cuts also mean that you can pack a bit less in the PVHES, but the bowl does seem slightly smaller as well..

photo.jpg

dormouse,

Cannabinaut

Cannasseur and Glasshead
I recommend the turbo for people who want a slightly larger bowl. The domed screen lets you pack a little deeper than if the four holed disk was still there. I love my turbo and I hardly ever use my shorty.

Cannabinaut,

dormouse

I recommend the turbo for people who want a slightly larger bowl. The domed screen lets you pack a little deeper than if the four holed disk was still there. I love my turbo and I hardly ever use my shorty.
So how is the shorty? Is the air flow better? From this thread I got the impression that it's the same as with the other PVHES. And is there less vapor production due to less heat reflection?

dormouse,
So how is the shorty? Is the air flow better? From this thread I got the impression that it's the same as with the other PVHES. And is there less vapor production due to less heat reflection?
From reading the posts I thought the shorty is just the same as the PVHES stem just with a smaller bowl? I believe they just cut it down? So I don't know where everyone is getting this thicker glass stuff?

VapeNStone,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I got one of the first run PVHES shortie bowls, 4 hole, and I found that the smaller load toasted much darker and more evenly. It is more conservative, so if you only need a few hits, you are good to go.

jambandphan03,
I wish PV would use finer screens in their PVHES. I get more flower debris on the PVHES than any stem with my screens installed.

I also wish PV would include screens on the PV GonG. Doesn't make sense that they don't.

kingofnull,
Reactions: smokum
I wish PV would use finer screens in their PVHES. I get more flower debris on the PVHES than any stem with my screens installed.

I also wish PV would include screens on the PV GonG. Doesn't make sense that they don't.
Buy finer screens? I ordered a pack of 100 for like a $3.00 shipped. Just get .5 sized and you won't have to cut anything.

VapeNStone,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
More goodies from PlanetVape!

Great quality for the price, and PV is the only online store in Canada I know of that carries such a wide selection of adapters. Beats the hell out of waiting weeks ordering from California for us Northerners, and even if you're from California it still might be cheaper to order from PV when you consider that the Y adapter alone costs $20 less than at ALT.

The PlanetVape branded 45 degree adapter is great. Joints are perfectly ground and the male edge is nicely beveled.

10s5d.jpg

Ontariovapes

Cudos to planetvape for being proactive in designing and manufacturing quality glas pieces for the vapes riser community. The PVHES stems have greatly enhanced using the solo, and the FC bumbler soon to be released will do the same for the cloud and other vapes as well. They are a credit to the Canadian medical marijuana community. Thanks!

Top Bottom