• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Planet of the Vapes ONE

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Here’s my review of the POTV ONE:

Nicely packaged and presented, if you care about that (I do not).

Unit has a nice solid feel to it. Charged it as recommended (2 hours), then did 3 burnoffs at 430F. Still had a plastic odor coming from the body mouthpiece attachment area, and a slightly different odor coming from the silicone gaskets. Quick start manual said to do 1-3 burn offs, so I was hesitant to do more. Decided after burn off 3 to load it with some GSC and see how that went. Flavor of herb is very good, but still a lingering plastic taste. (Subsequently went to full manual online, where it says to repeat burn offs until there is no odor. Oops!)

The plastic and silicone smells did fade after I ran some herb through it, about 6 uses. With that gone, I’ve got no complaints about this vape.

I like the way the glass pieces work—they are easy to keep clean, and can be hot-swapped easily, if I decide to finish out a bowl through water. Bonus: the Hula cooling stem for dynavap that Sneaky Pete sells fits well in the ONE’s accessory mouthpiece (and in smoke color, looks great, see below).

I love the quick heat up, and the fact that I can microdose easily with it. That was my intention for the miqro and it worked less well for my usage pattern. I rarely use a whole 2 minute session on the ONE; I tend to just need 2 or 3 good long slow inhales. I’ve taken to taking two, turning it off, and using the third to help cool down the bowl, which I’ll return to later.

I’m not concerned about the aluminum bowl, YMMV. (There’s good discussion elsewhere on the forum.)

Flavor is quite good. Not at the level of the Lotus, which many consider among the best-tasting vapes around, or a good log vape, but quite pleasant for about the first half of the bowl. The later hits are fine too.

It feels easy to use out and about, though truthfully I usually just bring a vape pen when away from home. Fits in a pants pocket, albeit a bit bulky compared to miqro because it’s thicker. This kind of stuff is so individual. I like the haptic feedback. You can turn on and return to your pocket until it is ready to hit. Increases the stealth factor.

Wish that a silicone mouthpiece cover like the one that comes with the Fury 2, or something of similar function, was included with the vape.

My preferred mouthpiece is the bent black glass one. Straight one it comes with hits noticeably warmer.

Bottom line: highly recommend.

4178-F421-9512-4-F46-9-F66-7-BCE037-B2656.jpg

(With Hula cooling stem, long)

Nice review, String!

Does the ONE come with the standard mouthpiece like the iconic Fury, as well as the adapter
Mouthpiece?

Don’t you already have a Fury, as well as a mIQro?

StringTheorista

Thanks, @stark1! I do not have a Fury. (If I did, I would not get the ONE—small changes only. But if I already had the Fury, I think the glass adapter would be a nice add-on for $15. You fill the bowl instead of having to put herb in the glass mouthpiece as with the Fury glass.)

It does come with the iconic plastic mouthpiece as well as the glass adapter. It just doesn’t come with the silicone cover/protector thingie. (I can buy one after-market. It’s $20, though, which seems like a lot for what it is.)

@marduk, I haven’t run it hotter than 380F. At that temp, the bent glass is fine. I think Hula might be a bit cooler but I haven’t done fair comparison of same herb at same temp.

Last edited:

Cosmic Dude

FYI - the "Hula" stems are a) Sold Out, and b) they have the same indentations as the HR Fury "3D Flow" glass mouthpiece. I have one of the latter and found that the indentations get dirty much more quickly than a normal glass mouthpiece, and so are much more work. (I had to find Acetone in order to clean it)

I use 430 degrees exclusively, and have not found the POTV One Bent (dark) Glass mouthpiece to get hot - the one bend, combined with its medium length, is enough to cool down the vapor.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
430 seem a bit warm?

Has someone done an actual comparison of the display temp with the actual temp?

I did so with a similar vaporizer, and found the displayed temp to be about 8% higher
Than the actual temperatures.

So, perhaps 430 actually may be ~ 395 degrees F?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Seems HR was spot on with stainless. YMMV :2c: Health wise.

However, the salient innovation on the ONE is its WTA, eye candy compared to a bare bone
Protrusion. :tup: Got a bit o’ catching up, HR!

Still, with all the improvements, the Fury, ONE, and all the other incarnations, are
Proving to be popular.

Nice lil beast, in my stable. :cheers::spliff::whip:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Not health wise but what about maintenance and how easily it scratches compared to S/S, something to consider.:tup:

Not a worry. When emptying I just turn it over & dump the abv & just blow it into it to disperse any remaining particles. If you want to brush it out, just use a dollar store eye shadow brush. If you feel it necessary to deep clean, just take a q-tip slightly dampened with iso & followup with a q-tip dampened with water.

Also, I don't need to stir during my 5 hits. If you feel a need to, just lightly stir with a blunt pointed wooden stick like a cuticle stick.

My F2 oven comes up nicely after a clean, not so with the other so-called best vape.

I don't know about the Mighty, but the One's bowl is anodized.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The oven in my new Mighty is stained already, there is a brown ring around the top of where the capsule sits (I only use capsules) because it is not stainless like say, stainless steel.:tup:
My Tera, that has a s/s oven still has a mirror finish and I always grind my herb with a S&B brush between seshes in it, no capsules.
I would love that WPA adapter though, the F2 wpa is a bit small for me TBH.

Cosmic Dude

The actual boiling point of THC at room pressure is 425 F.

The Hula stem is sold out.

HR have already said that the glass inside the chamber is bad for the chamber - certainly a much bigger difference in longevity than the aluminum vs SS.

Cosmic Dude,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
HR have said leaving a hot stem in the bowl after you have finished it may cause problems, like breaking stuff due to different materials cooling/shrinking at different rates.

StringTheorista

@stark1, the glass stems in the ONE don’t go into the bowl like the Fury ones do. They butt up against a screen in a silicone gasket in the bottom of the accessory mouthpiece, that mates the bowl to the glass. So they don’ have the issue Les was discussing. They are also wider diameter than the Fury glass stems, because they don’t have to fit inside the bowl.

Edit: my solo II glass stems also fit (upside down), so you’re using the bowl end as a mouthpiece). The long bent stem for Solo *really* cools the vapor

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Neat little change.

Which makes the ONE more convective than the Fury.

HR should adopt this tweak to make the Fury III a convection steed (& a integrated mouthpiece like the ONE, and the Fierce).

In the meantime,” There can only be ONE!” :evil: LOL

StringTheorista

Also, after watching Troy, I was reminded that the heater in the ONE is stainless steel, not nichrome (as in the Fury). As a person with allergy to nickel, this feels better to me. Don’t know whether I would react to nichrome—some people say that they do— but I’d rather not find out the hard way

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
So. I am reeling.

Everyone is saying the herb bowl is made from Aluminum, only the Fury has stainless, and
Exclusively so.

String, are you sure the one for the ONE is stainless.

If so, that’s a plus. If not, there can only be a Fury in my doddering daze. :myday: Now where
Was I?

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
The heater will likely reach much higher temp's than the bowl, so it's hard for me to decide which appeals most.
It's either very hot kanthal, or less hot (but in direct contact with a lot of herb) aluminum.
Neither seems dangerous to me, I just wonder which tastes best (I haven't watched Troy's comparison yet).
I'm definitely more drawn to the One's accessories though.
The only thing missing is odour protection.
Perhaps POTV could offer a little silicone plug shaped to fit the standard mouthpiece.
Or one to fit the glass mouthpieces?
Right, I'm off to watch Troys comparison!

StringTheorista

I'm definitely more drawn to the One's accessories though.
The only thing missing is odour protection.
Perhaps POTV could offer a little silicone plug shaped to fit the standard mouthpiece.
Or one to fit the glass mouthpieces?
Agree. I’m experimenting with removing the glass stem and putting a cork in its place, and also with slipping the plastic cap of a doobtube over the top of the glass. Neither is attractive...

Vitolo

Vaporist
I so love that this unit has Haptic Feedback... a Vibration for one to know that the unit is ready.
I just received this marvelous unit, and it will go to a young blind girl that I wrote about a couple of years ago.
She was given the Odin, but that mouthpiece gets hot, so she requires careful supervision.
Now that I have tried the ONE, I decided this is where it will go, to replace that old Odin.
Thanks @PlanetOfTheVapes for adding the vibration!
This is Yazy:
She is of course older now...approaching 18.
Read more about her at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/paying-it-forward-a-new-direction.13802/page-13#post-1178981

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@StringTheorista perhaps you can suggest to POTV that
Protective silicone sleeves would protect and improve on their otherwise fine product.

& perhaps they should send a couple to you for the suggestion. :tup:

stark1,
Top Bottom